New Plans

Ego Problems

 

Two years later:
 
Taemin and Jonghyun pretty much ruled the Korean market. The second they put out a new album, it shot up to number 1. Owners of music stores had to clear the shelves of all the other artists in order to supply the immense demand of the duo. Thousands of fans stalked their website and their accounts on various websites. Whenever a new music video came out, it became the most viewed video in a matter of seconds. 
 
The boys were enjoying the good life, but there was still a lot of stress about keeping up their image and the hundreds of invitations they received to appear on shows.
 
The managers held a group meeting in the dorm the boys had kept for the last few years, despite them having more than enough money to move into five different suites at the center of the Gangnam district.
 
Sipping a bottle of banana milk, Taemin sleepily looked up at his managers. “So what’s this meeting about?”
 
Onew sighed. “Well you guys don’t have an ego like most celebrities yet, thank goodness. So we’re just going to tell you exactly what Lee Soo Man told us.”
 
“Basically you guys are too good. With you winning every music show and the fans only picking up your banners at concerts, the CEOs are a little…worried” Key
carefully muttered.
 
Jonghyun looked up. “Are we being disbanded?”
 
“Ani! Ani! There would be a riot if that happened.” Onew twirled his drumstick nervously and resisted the urge to take a bite. “But they want to build up the rest of the Hallyu wave so that when you guys eventually retire, there are still other strong groups to continue kpop.”
 
“And the company also wants to create some new groups that won’t be completely overshadowed by you guys.” Minho added. “And they want you to take a small hiatus so—“
 
“—We’re going to enter the American market!” Key screeched excitedly and pulled out five plane tickets.
 
Taemin dropped his drink and looked up with huge eyes. “Jinja?!?”
 
“Yep! The company’s giving us a year off to promote in America and maybe Canada. Then we take off some time to build up the hype for your Korean
comeback,” Onew recited from his checklist.
 
“Great! When do we leave?” Jonghyun asked.
 
“Right now.”

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin performed his flawless routine and clapped when it was over. “Wait, you expect me to do all of that?”
 
The younger chuckled. “Come on hyung, it’s really easy!”
 
Taemin bounced in at that moment and twirled both of them around. “Guess what! We’re going to America!!!” Jonghyun entered the training room as well and
celebrated as well.
 
“Really?!? That’s so great!” Jongin exclaimed happily and hugged his hyungs. “We have some exciting news too! So when are you leaving?”
 
“Right now.”
 
Kyungsoo blinked. “Wait, but then you’re going to—“
 
“Apparently the company wants to move us as soon as possible to avoid a scene at the airport” Jonghyun cut in. 
 
“Right. And we just came over here to tell you guys to keep training hard and be like us. Never let the fame get to your head,” Taemin encouraged. “I’m sure you guys are going to debut soon.”
 
“But hyung we have our—”
 
“And we’ll keep in touch with you! Always let us know what’s going on!” Jonghyun exclaimed.
 
“Yah guys, the plane leaves soon. Hurry up.” Minho muttered.
 
“Annyeong!” the sunbaes rushed out of the room to catch their flight.

Jongin sat down and blinked at the door. “Wait, what just happened? Did they seriously just ditch us?”
 
Instead of replying, Kyungsoo just collapsed beside him and shrugged. “I guess they can’t see our debut after all.” The two looked up when their manager Suho came in though.
 
“Hey you two. So I know your debut was supposed to be in a few months, but apparently SM wants to debut a new girl group first so hang in there.”
 
Kyungsoo stood up angrily. “What do you mean we’re not going to debut? The teasers were already filmed!”
 
“Yes, but with Jonghyun and Taemin in the States, they want to build up some girl group images in order to balance the company.” He smiled sadly at his two friends. “Don’t worry. You guys are debuting for sure. I can guarantee it.”
 
Jongin sighed. “Well at least we have time to perfect everything then.”

“New York New York!” Jonghyun sang as he got off the airport. A few fans pointed and stared, wondering why two hallyu stars were in the middle of JFK.

Key grinned. “Think about it, this state is bigger than all of South Korea, and there’s fifty of them.” He frowned as he fixed his bangs. “That’s actually a little depressing...”
 
“So the plan is to check into the hotel, find a practice place, record your new English song that SM just sent us, perform within 4 months, and then tour the country.” Onew sighed. “Anyone want some advil?”
 
“Come on hyung, it’ll be fun!” Taemin exclaimed and cutely posed for a few cameras.

Several months later
 
Taemin looked around Sunset Boulevard, still marveling at the sites despite having stayed here for several months now. He put on his sunglasses and tried not to get recognized, to no avail. Fangirls caught sight of him and waved their $100000000 purses. The duo had been eagerly welcomed and with the success of their past year overseas, they were going to be global superstars at this rate. Every country was begging to have them.
 
He tapped his manager on the shoulder. “When are we going back to Korea?”
 
Key frowned and looked through his notes. “I think it’s up to you guys. Do you want to stay more in America or go back?”
 
Jonghyun scoffed from the front seat of the convertible Onew was carefully directing. “Okay we get messages every day from fans, begging for us to go back. But then people want us here. Even if we take a year-long vacation, we would still win everything.”
 
Minho leapt up to jerk the wheel from Onew to avoid crashing into a white limousine. He gritted his teeth. “I hope you aren’t getting full of yourself Jonghyun.”
 
Onew just waved and yelled "Sorry" at some famous actress who was giving him very rude hand gestures.
 
“I’m not. I’m just being realistic. Think about it, everyone wants us. If we do a push and pull, they’ll want us more.”
 
Key glared at him. “This isn’t a relationship Jjong.”
 
“It’s a relationship between us and the fans. They would get tired of us showing up every day. Besides, being gone for 3 years instead of 2 isn’t so bad. What do you think Taemin?”
 
“I don’t know…Don’t you feel a little bad for the fans that have to wait then?”
 
The dino leaned back in his seat. “They’ll be even happier when we go back. It’s fine.”
 
“What about practice?”
 
“Of course we’ll practice, we’re not invincible.”
 
Taemin grinned. “Okay then.”
 
“Practice is once a week for an hour.”
 
Key’s head shot up at that and he glared. “Kim Jonghyun.”
 
The singer just laughed. “It’s fine Kibum. Look at all these messages the fans post every day. We’re going to win first place whenever we go back. What’s wrong with having a little fun before?”

1 year later:

An article on allkpop was posted earlier today about the comeback of the duo Kim Jonghyun and Lee Taemin. Does their comeback have anything to do with the mysterious teasers we have been getting for the past few months?
 
The legendary duo is said to make their official comeback on Aug 11’s music bank. This is also the date that has been posted on all of SM’s mysterious teasers of a masked duo, all facial features hidden. Fans have been suspecting it to be their favorite idols, yet others have pointed out that there is no need for the disguises if that is the case.
 
One netzien claims that it’s a new group that will push Jonghyun and Taemin out of everyone’s hearts.
 
What do you think?
It's okay! The horrible story is almost over! :) keke...hopefully...
- chocolate-notes :)