Your Name?

Another Cup Please

It was dark outside and starting to shower. Lay sighed, today really wasn't the best day. He had gone to the dance room to practice only to see his usual room being used by another group. A group of the company who had already debuted. Of course they would get priority. Lay had sighed then too and gone to the stuffy basement to practice. It was really difficult, the mirrors were all dirty and the floor itself was dusty. No one wanted to practice here, it was pretty evident. But to Lay, a boy who had recently been recruited by the company, this basement was all he had other than that usual dance room upstairs.

And this is how Lay ended up outside many hours later, sweaty and sneezing from all that dust he kicked up during dance. The dust clung to him now, making his features weary. But Lay's heart still carried hope. His dream to dance on a stage would be fulfilled soon. He just had to keep practicing. For now, Lay decided, he would walk home and rest, so he can get his usual practice room tomorrow morning.

As he walked down the street, a whiff of coffee passed by him. Lay hadn't bought coffee in weeks, saving up his money to buy only the necessities, for money was little for a trainee. However, today, Lay felt that he deserved just this little break. Just one cup, he told himself, then I'll go home.

The coffee shop was small but cozy. Soft leather sofas lined the room, each with its own little round table for the drinks and snacks. There was a small group of studious students huddled in a corner on their laptops, furiously studying. Lay smiled, he remembered those days. Those days where he saw his parents every day, where his friends were always around the corner, where.. A person coughed. Confused, Lay looked away from that group of students, and for a brief moment, he forgot why he was in a coffee shop again. A throat was cleared again. Lay looked to the direction of the sound and froze. There, an angelic boy of perhaps 20 years, stared back at him, waiting. His brown hair was carefully styled, a kind of tousled look that Lay really liked. His eyes were big, kind of like a doe's. His face shape itself was a work of art. Lay just stood there and gazed at this boy.

"Well are you going to order?" the boy's lips moved.

"Uhh," once again, Lay has forgotten his reason for being in the coffee shop.

"Would you like to try the peppermint latte? It's a holiday special and really nice to drink during weather like today's," the boy's lips just kept moving.

"Sure, I mean, yes, yes, that's okay," Lay snapped back into reality and checked the price of this drink, $4.50. He was going to have to cut back on his food spending this week.

"Your name?" the boy smiled, eyes looking right into Lay's.

Lay's breath caught as he whispered, "Lay."

"Lei? Like, you're tired? I asked for your name, sir." Luhan giggled, thinking this handsome man was quite an entertainer.

"Uhh, Yixing, then, sorry," Lay blushed, his stage name for when he debuts was always a laughing matter among his Chinese friends.

"Okay, Yixing," Luhan took a silver Sharpie and wrote Yixing down, "Your order will be down soon. Meanwhile, you can take a seat."

Lay was lost already. This boy's voice was intoxicating him. What was happening to him? He didn't even know this boy's name. His name..

"And what's your name?" Lay stammered out.

The boy's eyes got even wider, like a deer caught in the headlights, "Well, I'm Luhan."

"Luhan," Lay smiled shyly, "That's pretty."

"Thanks," Luhan turned back to his work of preparing the latte. This Yixing was different that his other customers, he decided. This drink had to be made well. He giggled again, today's boring atmosphere was getting better already.

--

"Yixing, your peppermint latte is ready!" Luhan called out.

Lay walked over, picked up his latte, and found on the side, in silver sharpie, a phone number. He looked up at Luhan, who winked and said, "Please come by any time for another latte, and enjoy!"

 

 

This is my first fanfiction ever, so please go easy on me T___T I haven't read much fanfiction either tbh, so .. LOL. I tried my my best huhu. And excuse the grammar errors if there are any!:// Thanks for reading, and thank you for your support! I'll write more soon~