SEQUEL: It's not a coincidence

It's not a coincidence

                It has been a year since their first meeting. Junhyung and Naeun still being couple. Junhyung finally graduated. He could continue his study because of a scholarship that he got. But he won’t continue his study to the university. He’ll try to get a job soon.
“Oppa!” Naeun hugged Junhyung from behind.
“Naeun-ah” Junhyung turned around kissed Naeun’s forehead and caress her hair.
“congratulation for your graduation! Let’s celebrate it today!”
“how?”
“picnic? Candle light dinner?”
“Mm.. sorry I think I can’t.”
“eh? Why?” Naeun frowned. Junhyung caress her left cheek.
“because I must go to Hongdae to meet my friends. I have a business.”
“may I come along?”
“I think it’s better to go there alone. Sorry.”
Junhyung smiled. He looked at his watch. “I must go now. I’ll call you later” Junhyung kissed her cheeks.

                Naeun had lunch with he parents at her house and talked about her school. His father suddenly talked about Junhyung.
“So, how about your boyfriend? What college does he wanna choose?”
Naeun stop chewing her food. “Mm…”
“what? He won’t continue his study? Haha I told you to leave him, child.”
“Dad!”
Naeun stood from her seat. “I will never leave him.” She left the dining room.

--------------------------------------------------------------

                A guy with black hair and cute face laid on the wall of pasta stall. He wore dark blue sweater and jeans. He keep looking at his watch. He seems wait someone. He checked his phone. “where is he?” he sighed. Few minutes later, Junhyung ran towards that guy.
“Seob-ah!” he managed his breath. The guy is Yoseob. Junhyung’s friend when he lived in Ilsan.
“eoh! Junhyung! Finally you come” they hugged.
“of course. Sorry for coming late. So, you have a job for me?”
“yes! This job really suits you. Let’s meet my Sunbae. His place is near from here.”
Yoseob linked his arm on Junhyung’s shoulder and then walked to Yoseob’s Sunbae’s place.

----------------------------------------------------------------

                Naeun ran to her room. “why my parents are so annoying?” she closed the door and laid on her bed. “I know Junhyung Oppa will do his best for me and him. My parents just don’t know him well. They must know each other well.” She thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------

                Junhyung and Yoseob entered a music studio. The place isn’t big but it has complete things for recording etc. Yoseob brought Junhyung to a room. Maybe the room with Yoseob’s  Sunbae in it. Yoseob opened the door and directly bowed.
“Annyeong, Sunbaenim.” Yoseob greeted his Sunbae. His Sunbae greeted him back and then hugged him.
“Finally Seobie is here. And is he your friend?” the Sunbae pointed to Junhyung. Junhyung bowed immediately.
“oh ne, Sunbaenim. Let me introduce him. He is my friend, Yong Junhyung. He is a magician of music. Hahaha. And Junhyung, he is my Sunbae. People called him, Shinsadong Tiger.” Yoseob introduced.
“Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbaenim. I’m Junhyung”
“oh, annyeong. Just relax, Junhyung. Don’t be too formal with me. We will work together for the next.”
“ne.”
Junhyung nodded.
“so, let’s talk about the point.” The Sunbae started to talk.

Yoseob spent his time for training in a management. And now, he is preparing his debut as a singer. Junhyung got a job to make him songs for Yoseob’s album.

“make songs? I doubt my self..” Junhyung looked down.
“ey.. come on. Don’t be like that, Junhyung-ah.” Yoseob linked his arm and pat Junhyung’s shoulder.
“but..”
“but what? You’re the best lyrics maker after I met my Sunbae.”
“ah.. arasseo. I’ll try”
“That’s it! I won’t force you to make it fast.”
“but I thought that your debut is just few months more.”
“yeah. 2 months. But I know that make a song isn’t easy.”
Yoseob smiled and left.

                Naeun laid on her bed. “why doesn’t he call me yet?” she grabbed her phone and called someone.
“……………………………”
“yeoboseyo?”
“Oppa!”
“eoh, waeyo, Naeun-ah?”
“ani.. I miss you.”
“nado.. meet you soon.I’ll hang up now ye. See you”

Naeun sighed. “is he so busy? Mm.. or try to avoid me?” she stared at the ceiling. Remember how she met Junhyung and finally being his girlfriend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

                Junhyung is too busy since he took the job for making the songs for Yoseob. He doen’t even call Naeun for few days because he is too focus. He doesn’t want anything disturb his concentration, even Naeun. He wants to give the best songs for Yoseob’s debut. “I hope Naeun will understand. I do thid for her happiness. When I already be a great songs maker, I’ll meet her parents proudly.” Junhyung smiled, imagined Naeun’s smile.

                On the other hand, Naeun feels so sad. She thinks that Junhyung doesn’t care about her anymore. She cried in her room. She doesn’t have spirit at school. Her friends started to be worry her.
“is she okay?” Hayoung asked while enjoy her lollipop.
“Hm.. I don’t know.” Eunji shook her head.
“I heard that Junhyung Sunbaenim didn’t call her since he went to Hongdae.. eh nah.. He stays in Shinsadong now.” Bomi explained.
“How do you know that?” the others curious.
“I knew a trusted person.” Bomi shows her proudness. “I heard that Junhyung Sunbaenim will work for a new singer who will debut soon. He makes him songs for his debut. That’s great, right?”
“ah! No wonder! He is soooo busy”
Hayoung nodded. “does he forget Naeun?”
“NO WAY”
Minhyuk suddenly came and joined.”I know Sunbaenim want to focus on his work and make Naeun happy.” Everyone just looked at Minhyuk and nodded.

                At the studio, Yoseob started the recording for his debut. Junhyung already made few songs with Shinsadong Tiger. And Yoseob will record one of them today. That song will be the title song for his debut. Yoseob talked to Junhyung after the recording.
“Ya! That song is great! I like it.Gomawo.” Yoseob pat Junhyung’s shoulder.
“Ey, Sunbaenim who makes it. You must thank him.”
“I know Shinsadong Tiger Sunbaenim just help the little about the melody”
“no, he helped a lot.”
“stop pretending”
Yoseob punched Junhyung’s stomach playfully. “by the way, have you call your girlfriend?
“eoh? Not yet. Hmm.. you know, I’m still focus on your songs. I don’t want anything ruin my concentration”
Junhyung grabbed a can of cola on the table and drank it. Yoseob stared him.
“are you crazy? Call her soon. I don’t wanna make your relationship go bad because of my debut, pal” Yoseob pat his shoulder and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Naeun-Son
Naeun-ah, how are you? Mianhaeyo. Oppa was busy. Can’t even call or text you. Mianhaeyo. I hope you are okay there. I miss you.

Junhyung sighed. “am I bad? I just want the best for me and Naeun. That’s why I’m focusing on my works now” his phone vibrated.

From: Naeun-Son
Oppa.. finally you texted me.. really miss you. I think you forget me. Kkk I’m okay here. Feel better after got a text from you. You did well there, right? Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I’ll be waiting you. Don’t worry ^^

To: Naeun-Son
Really? What a relief :) I’ll try to finish my work quickly and back to meet you soon.

From: Naeun-Son
don’t think too much about me. Focus on your work, my prays are always for you ><

Junhyung smiled. “That’s why I work hard, Naeun. To see you smile.. when I meet your parents”

-----------------------------------------------------------

It had been 7 months after Junhyung left Naeun and went to Shinsadong. Naeun is missing him all the time, he is missing her as well. Yoseob already debuted and Junhyung helped Yoseob when he performed on the stage too, as rapper. People started to know who he is.

“Junhyung Sunbaenim? Our sunbaenim? He is Yoseob’s partner and songs maker?” those topics started spread at school. Naeun just smiled. She knows that Junhyung did well.

Today, Naeun’s parents invited Minhyuk for having lunch together. As usual, Naeun’s dad started to talk about Junhyung.
“Naeun, you know that I don’t like Yong Junhyung?”
“Appa, I’m eating. Let’s talk about that later.”
Naeun continued eat her meal. Minhyuk stared at her.
“huh? This girl started to annoy his father. Minhyuk, you shouldn’t be surrender. I’m still support you”
“eoh? Ahjussi.. we shouldn’t talk about this”
replied Minhyuk politely.
“Appa.. Junhyung Oppa will meet you soon. And will prove that he’s the right man for me. He did well on his work. To show you that he never play with my feeling” Naeun stood and left the dining room. Minhyuk just looked at her.

                Junhyung has finished his performance with Yoseob.
“pal, this is crazy.” Junhyung giggled.
“what? Crazy what?” Yoseob looked so confused.
“from the start, I supposed to be your songs maker. And now? Look at me? I was performing with our new artist!”
“aish! That’s great, right? Now, you can meet your girlfriend’s parents and show them that you worth for their daughter.”
“hm.. I think I’m not ready.”
“keep saying like that and you’ll never meet them. And just leave her.”
Yoseob showed his serious face.
“hm.. I think I’ll back home tomorrow”
“that’s the spirit!”
Yoseob clapped.

----------------------------------------------------------------

                Junhyung visited his high school. Met his teachers to thank them. Visited his juniors at Music Extracullicular. And the important thing is.. meet Naeun. The crowd were gathering around Junhyung and asked him for doing some “fanservices”.
“Guys, you know that you are my juniors, right? Let’s keep that relationship and be happy for the next” he smiled. Everyone adore his humbleness.
“Junhyung Sunbaenim!” Minhyuk waved to him.
“Yo, Minhyuk!” they did high five.
“How’s life?”
“Good. I see that you’re good too”
they smiled.
“want to meet Naeun? She is absent today. I’ll accompany you to meet her at her house if you want”
“eoh? It’s okay. I’ll drive to her house alone. Thank you”

                Arrived in front of Naeun’s house. Junhyung isn’t ready mentally. He thought that he’ll never ready though. So, he bought some food for politeness and now.. he’ll ring the bell of Naeun’s big house. He rang the bell and a middle-aged woman opened the door. She is Naeun’s mom.
“Annyeonghaseyo” Junhyung bowed.
“ne, annyeonghaseyo.” Naeun’s mom replied politely.
“hmm Mrs.Son.. I’m Yong Junhyung.”
“eoh? Yong Junhyung? Please, come in. I’ll call Naeun for you.”
“ah ne, kamsahamnida. And this is for you.”
He handed her the gift.
“thank you Junhyung” she smiled and entered the other room.

Suddenly Naeun’s dad came and approached Junhyung. Junhyung directly bowed.
“oh, you’re Yong Junhyung? Not bad. Now, you know how to dress up for meet your girlfriend’s parents.” He said.
“………..” Junhyung just looked down. He knew that Naeun’s dad would not like him. And he already anticipated those words.

“Oppa!” Naeun ran to Junhyung and hugged him.
“Son Naeun! Where’s your manner? Hug your boyfriend in front of your dad.” Naeun’s dad yelled.
“Mianhaeyo Mr.Son” Junhyung bowed.
“Appa..” Naeun sat beside Junhyung.

“Listen, young man. Be quick and explain to me why you come here after your long trip?”
“I.. I wanna ask your permission formally. I want your daughter to be my bride..”
“what? Are you kidding me? You just proposed my daughter? She is still high schooler.”
“Mianhaeyo Mr.Son. I haven’t finish my words. Of course I will wait until she’s ready. I just wanna ask your permission for our relationship. I know that I’m different. My family isn’t rich. We’re in different level, Mr.Son. But I love your daughter. And I’m serious with our relationship.”
“You know that we’re in different level but why you have to continue? I don’t like you, young man”
“Appa..”
Naeun clenched her fist, held her tears. Junhyung stared at her and held her hand, smiled.
“I know. But I’ll keep trying until you like me. I’ve finished my first step. I’m ready enough to fulfill Naeun’s needs. I have a good job.. All I need now is you give a permission.”

Junhyung looked at Naeun. Naeun is crying. Naeun’s mom came from the kitchen and brought some snacks and beverages.
“Yeobo, stop fooling around. Just let them be happy. Our Junhyungie is a hard worker and he proved that he can make our Naeun happy”
Naeun’s dad observed Junhyung. “Young man, are you angry with me? Mad at me? Feel bad about my words?”
“of course not, Mr. Son. I know you did that because you want the best for your daughter. I’ve prepared my self for your answer..”
“take it easy, young man. Be my daughter’s groom when she’s ready”
Naeun’s dad smiled. “your hard work is enough to show that you’re good enough for my daughter”
---------------------------------------------------------

                Junhyung caress Naeun’s hair. Naeun laid on Junhyung’s shoulder. They sat on the bench at Naeun’s house backyard.
“My eyes are swollen. I cried hard when you talked with my dad few hours ago” Naeun looked at a pocket-mirror.
“is that so important?”
“of course. I’m the next Mrs.Yong, Mr.Yong Rapper’s wife. I’ve to keep my beauty”
“eoh…”
“ya, Oppa! I never thought that you’ll propose in front of my dad!”
“that’s my proof for you. I never play around with our relationship.”
“Arasseo”
Naeun smiled and did an aegyo. Junhyung smiled and kissed her lips.

 

 

Annyeeeeong! ^^ I'm back with this sequel of my one-shot.
it should be a one shot. since some readers asked for sequel. I gave you this!
I know that it's not good enough. But yeah~~ my last exam.. national exam is around and I started to loose
my credibility (?) I hope you like it ^^ enjoy!

*NB: there's no next sequel :p