Potential Daughter

Love Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a fine sunny day for Park Ryun Chi; a perfect day to have a walk in the park, to play soccer, or just have an ice cream treat from a favorite ice cream shop while admiring the busy people of Seoul walk around with their colleagues on their way to offices, the mall, and other places. But since Ryun Chi doesn’t have anything planned for today, she decided to give her uncle a visit at his office.

 

Ryun Chi and her uncle are so close that people mistaken them as father and daughter most of the time.

 

Ever since Ryun Chi came to South Korea for almost a month ago, he had taken care of her.

 

Ryun Chi’s mother was his cousin in the second degree but they had treated each other as how siblings do. So when she asked of him a favor, he didn’t bother to think twice before saying ‘yes’. After all, it’s nothing beyond humanly possible.

 

All he had to do was to look after his niece, Ryun Chi, until she makes up her mind of what to do with her life after she had finished high school.

 

“Good morning!” Ryun Chi greeted an employee she saw at the front door of the huge building her uncle owns.

 

“Yes. Good morning, Ms. Park.” He said back as he bowed down to her.

 

“Oh, come on, stop that. It’s not like I’m a boss here.” Ryun Chi said with a mere pout.

 

“Well, you are Mr. Lee’s niece.” The employee said as a matter of fact.

 

“Ugh… can’t deny that…”

 

He can’t help but chuckle at the pouting girl in front of him. Clearly she doesn’t like being treated like a royalty, he thought. “You’re so cute, Ryun Chi-ah. Okay, okay, no more ‘Ms. Park’.”

 

Her face quickly brightens up after she hears him talk to her as friends do, then displays a fake upset face in front of him. “Why do you always like to tease me?”

 

“Haha. I like seeing you pout like that. I’m sorry, okay?” he apologizes with a smile.

 

“Fine, I forgive you.”

 

“Thanks. By the way, what are you doing here? Do you have a problem?”

 

“Nah, I just wanted to visit uncle that’s all.”

 

“Mr. Lee? I think he has a meeting at the fourth floor, Conference Hall C. It was with –” he was cut off as Ryun Chi ran to the elevator.

 

“Thanks, Hanseong hyung! See you later.” She said with all enthusiasm as the metal doors of the elevator slides close.

 

Han Seong can’t help but scratch the back of his head as a grin takes place across his face. “Aigoo, she’s such an adorable nuisance. Haha. Wait, ‘hyung’? *Sigh I wonder when will she actually call me ‘oppa’? Huh? Aish, maybe if she’s able to find love, even just a puppy love, then maybe she’d grow out of her slightly boyish style. Haha, guess I’ll just hope for that day.” He talks to himself then stops as he hears someone calling him for assistance on some paper work.

 

On the other hand, Ryun Chi patiently waits ‘till she arrives at her desired floor. Once there, she took a look from left to right, searching for the room where her uncle might be in.

 

She walks on and on until she heard loud screaming and cheering from the room that was at the very end of the hallway. She quickly jogged towards the place then slowed down as she reached the door. It was a lightly tinted glass door that is brightly lightened inside but all she could see was silhouettes of numerous people jumping and running around inside.

 

“I wonder what’s happening in there?” she said.

 

“That’s because you guys are really hard working and I’m proud of you.” She hears her uncle say.

 

“Well, I guess he’s in the ‘Lee Soo Man’ mode and not the ‘Uncle Mannie’ mode. Maybe I’d better just wait at the office.”

 

She was about to walk off when suddenly the door swung open revealing her uncle.

 

“Oh, Ryun Chi-ah, you came!” He exclaims.

 

“Ah, yeah. I wanted to see you!” She says with a huge grin plastered across her face.

 

“Why, is there a problem?” he asks.

 

“My goodness... Why do people here always ask for problems? Is it a requirement to have a problem in order to enter this building?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter