One

You're All I Want This Christmas

The cold winter air blows on your face. You shiver and zip up your jacket all the way to your chin. You pull your hood up and tuck your dark hair in as the snow lightly falls everywhere- on the path, on the trees, on you. Yes, it was the season of Christmas. The season of giving, celebration, food (hehe) and love. Specifically, it was christmas eve and you are going to go shopping for presents and things in preparation for tonight's christmas party which all your relatives and friends would be attending to in your house. Your breath was visible in the frosty air as you wait patiently under the bus stop, watching people pass by. You noticed that there were mostly couples, because it was the time of year when christmas is spent with loved ones. You look at the empty seat next to you.

*I've got no-one. But what does it matter? I don't need a man (xD miss A) anyways.* you reasoned.

The bus startles you, beeping as it arrives. You jump up and edge closer to the bus until it stops and the doors swing open. You let a couple of people step out before you hop in to find a full bus. Because of the weather outside, the bus was heated so there were a lot of passengers on board. All the seats were already taken so you moved to the middle of the bus and stood near the heater. You felt a nice sensation as the heat warms your body.

Ten minutes of smooth riding passes by, Then all of a sudden, the bus stops and lurches you forward. You stumble into a guy standing near you and silently cuss. He turns around and looks at you as you stand back up properly.

"Mianheyo." you quickly apologize and felt your cheeks burn from his stare. To your surprise, he just let out a laugh.

"It's alright." and he smiled. You couldn't help but admire him- he had a charming eye smile. You found yourself smiling a little too.

It was silent for a few more minutes in the bus, until it had stopped at another station. A big crowd dropped off and left some free seats. You rush to the closest empty one and let your legs relax from standing too long.

"Excuse me," A voice asked. You turned around to see the boy you had bumped into earlier. "Is this seat taken?"

"Uhm, ani." You shuffled over, leaving space for him to sit down next to you.

"Kamsamnida." he smiled again.

You nod your head and look to the window. Snow was falling everywhere.

"It's colder than usual today." you say while drawing on the glass with your finger.

"Yeah, I noticed. My hands were frozen as soon as I stepped outside." he agreed, looking down at his hands. "I might buy a pair of gloves."

"I might buy some as well." you sigh, "But I still have to buy presents."

"Christmas shopping?"

"Neh. My friends and relatives are coming to my house for a christmas party tonight, so I still have to get them something." you see him nodding in understandment. "How about you- Where are you going?" you ask.

"Me? Oh, I have to get a present for my friends too. But I won't be seeing them until next week so I'm in no hurry." That smile again. >< You look away and rub out your snowman.

"Hey, what's your name?" you thought out loud. *Oops...?* You bite your lip, considering the fact that it might be rude of you to ask. But he just answers in his cheerful mood.

"My name is Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo. What's yours?"

"~~~" You reply. "Usually, I don't talk a lot... To people I don't know." you add shyly.

"Same here."

You just found something you both have in common.

"Hey, do you want to go Christmas shopping together? That would be quicker." he rubbed his neck. "... Unless you don't want to, then it's alright."

"Okay, you can tag along." How could you not say 'yes' to a face like that??

 

 

After 2 hours of Christmas shopping, you and Myungsoo stroll along the streets of Seoul, hands full of bags with toys, clothes and wrapping paper.

"Well that was easy." you huff.

"Yeah. Oh-" Myungsoo reversed and stopped in front of a shop window. You glance back at him.

"What is it?" you join him and see what he's looking at.

"Gloves." he says tapping his chin, trying to choose a pair.

"Hey, let's go buy some." You grab him and walk inside the shop. It was very decorated and colourful inside with many ornaments and statues.

"Wow." you gasp in amazement and shake a nutcracker's hand up and down, also causing it's mouth to open and close. "Nice to meet you mr. nutcracker. Haha~" you laugh. Myungsoo shakes a snow globe with Santa on his sleigh. Your eyes light up when you find a brown reindeer plush toy and take it from the box. You hug the plushie tightly, "Ahhh it's so cute! Kyeopta~" You sneak up on Myungsoo who was looking at an array of china teacups painted in Christmas colours.

"BOO!" you pop in front of him holding the plushie to your face. "I'm Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and I'll deliever your presents. And you have to leave me a plate full of sugary iced cupcakes and ice cream! Puahahahaha~"

A smile grows on Myungsoo's face as he pats the reindeer's head and looks it in the eyes, "And do you know what my present will be?"

You make the plushie nod it's head. "Neh I know. I'm the one who is giving it to you right? Close your eyes!" Myungsoo does as you say and closes his eyes. You lower the plushie. "Open your eyes now!" he opens his eyes as you jump in front of his face, "Me! I'm your present. Merry Christmas! Haha." you laugh and put the toy back from where you got it.

"I like that present very much." Myungsoo whispers to himself. The lady at the counter laughs at your immaturity.

"Hey look, I found Christmas cards to go with my presents." you search through the racks to find ones that would suit each of the gifts. When you think you've got enough, you skip back to Myungsoo who found gloves, scarves and beanies in the clothing section. "Annyeong! Look what I found." you show him the cards. "Have you found one that you like yet?"

Myungsoo shakes his head. "I'm still looking."

"I'll help." you go through the aisles and found a pair of gloves and a matching scarf. "How about this one?" you hold the pack up for him to see. He takes it from your hands and stares at it.

"Only this one?"

"Yeah, why not? It saves more money anyways. I'll take the scarf and you can have the gloves, since you need it." Before he can say anything else, you go up to the counter and pay for the stuff. "Annyeong." you greet the lady as she flashes you a smile.

Myungsoo spots a box of striped heart-shaped candies and takes two. "Ya ~~~!" You turn around and he holds the candy over his eyes, shaking his head from side to side.

*Cute.* You grin, take the shopping bags from the cashier and walk over to Myungsoo where you lightly poke him in the head. He stops and gives you a look.

"What?"

"Come on, let's go."

He happily puts the candy back and follows you out the door.

The two of you are back out in the snow. You walk to the bus stop and set your shopping down on the seat. Myungsoo rummages for the gloves while you put your hands on your hips and take a look at the bus route and times. The bus wouldn't be here for at least an hour and a half, and you couldn't wait that long, at least not in the cold. Plus, it was getting dark. You waddle back to Myungsoo who had successfully found the gloves, opened the packet and managed to put one of them on. The other hand, he was still struggling with. "Uhh..." He looks at you for help.

"I'll put it on." you take the other glove and slip it onto his hand.  Once you were done, you take the scarf out and wrap it around your neck. You didn't notice him staring at you intently. Then you picked up the shopping bags. "Let's go and walk the rest of the way home. We'll wrap up the presents at my house."

Myungsoo picks up his bags. "But aren't we taking the bus?"

"Aniyo. The bus won't be here in at least an hour and a half. Don’t worry though, my house isn't that far."

You and Myungsoo walk side by side to your house, boots pounding in the snow.