Chapter 1

Was It Fate?

Clunk. “Uhm. Excuse me, can you hand me that please?”

You looked up to see a young pretty face staring right you. You didn’t know if this flower boy was talking to you or someone else. You looked to the seat next to you, and saw that it was empty, making the assumption that he was, you pulled out your earbuds.

“I’m sorry. Were you asking me something?” you asked staring right into his dark brown eyes.

“Oh, uhh…” he awkwardly looked away, as if he was trying to come up with an excuse.

“I dropped my phone and I think it landed somewhere under your seat.” He said with a quiet voice.
 

“Oh! Yeah, Yeah… let me get it for you.” You said.

You bended over to look under your seat, but you couldn’t see anything. With no luck, you placed your backpack in the seat next to you, and placed yourself on the floor of the bus on all fours. You started digging around, trying to find it.

“I can’t find anything!” you called from the floor.

You heard a man laugh from across the aisle, and you picked yourself up and plopped down in your seat again. You haven’t noticed that your shirt has rode up on you, revealing your entire backside. You gave the man a glare that could’ve made bunnies died, and looked back to the warm dark brown eyes that was fixed on you.

“I didn’t see anything.” You said, looking down again making sure you didn’t miss it.

“Uhh… That’s okay.”
 

“I found it. Sorry, for troubling you.” He said pulling out a little black rectangular IPhone. He quickly gave you a muffled thank you and looked forward again.

“Okay.” You said hanging with a sort of questionable look.

The bus trudged to a stop, and you gathered your backpack and placed it on your shoulders, and tapped in your earbuds again, walking off the bus not realizing that the person that was going to become the most important in your life was sitting right in front of you.

 

…..

“God. Why am I so stupid?” Luhan face palmed his forehead, and placed his head on the cold window pane, and watched as you walked off.

“I should’ve just asked for her phone number. I should’ve just tried to talk to her.” He let out a frustrated sigh, and laid his head back and put in his earbuds.

“Maybe she’ll find your number.” Luhan kept thinking.

Luhan was replaying the image in his mind when you got on all fours just to look for a phone that he didn’t even drop. He couldn’t believe that you did that. And the look you gave to the ert across the bus was just to die for. Luhan his lips nervously, and hoped that the number he placed secretly in your backpack would be found.

“I hope she finds it.” Luhan was letting himself swim in his own thoughts until the ding on his phone startled him.

Yo hyung. Where r u? We’re starving man.

-Kris


Luhan stared at the message for about thirty seconds until he came to his senses, and tapped in his message telling the impatient Kris that he’ll be there at the restaurant in a few minutes.

The bus was coming close to his stop and Luhan started to gather himself to get ready to get off the bus. He looked down, and saw something shiny on the floor. Curious, Luhan gingerly picked it up, and found it was a diamond bracelet. It was delicate, and he could see that the clasp was broken. Luhan remembered the same sort of bracelet on your wrist.

“Could she have lost it? It seems to be a very expensive thing just to be wearing casually.” Luhan curiously looked at the bracelet.

The bus came to a sudden stop, and Luhan looked up to see that it was his stop. Another ding came buzzing up on his phone.

“Aish. Kris Hyung needs to chill.” Luhan thought again while looking at his phone. He quickly placed his phone and the bracelet in his pocket and ran off the bus before it could take off again.

“I hope she finds it.” Luhan thought one last time before making his way to meet his coworkers and hyungs at the restaurant.