Because of Our Hearts

Because of Our Hearts

 

“Jongin,” Minchan called out for his name.

 

“I told you to call me Kai,” he snorted as he crossed his arms in annoyance.

 

They were taking a walk at the park despite the chill weather. To be honest, they were forced to go for a ‘date’ by their demanding parents whom were clashing with their own will. “Ugh... whatever,” she rolled her eyes off.

 

“Told you that Kai is more affectionate name,” he smiled mischievously.

 

“Meh... I don’t care what your names are, duh. Anyways, let’s back home. I’m getting hella tired!” she pouted, feeling the extreme exhaustion.

 

“What?! That quick?” Kai shot her an unbelievable look.

 

“Aish... I’m not that high stamina unlike yours,” Minchan sighed.

 

“Fine. Just let me treat you an ice-cream,” he said.

 

“Wow! That’s kind of a jerk like you,” she quipped.

 

“Well, this jerk is UNIQUE,” he replied back cynically and ran towards an ice-cream parlour.

 

Minchan could only look at him silently, appreciating the moment. She was feeling grateful and being cared. She did not know why she would feel that way. She should feel annoyed and mad. She was in this stupid date. Even Kai did not like this set up.

 

“Hey, I’ve got you a chocolate one,” Kai panted as he showed the chocolate ice-cream.

 

“Thanks,” she smiled a little bit and up the ice-cream.

 

“No problem. Let’s head home. The sun’s getting down,” he looked at the sun and urged her to walk back home.

 

It was really quite since both of them had no topics. Silence still chained over them awkwardly. It was really torturing them. Suddenly, Kai spoke up, “Umm... you’ve got an ice-cream on your lips.”

 

“Where?” Minchan’s hand automatically went to her face to find for it.

 

“Here.”

 

Kai carefully wiped it off for her using his thumb. His eyes were on her soft lips. There was something that attracted him about those pair of plump lips. In the other hand, Minchan felt that her heart was pounding out of her chest. She was incoherent. She felt being paralyzed when he touched her lips. It sent electricity through her body.

 

“Thanks,” she whispered and looked up at him.

 

“Sure,” he gave a warm smile which was surprising for her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was dinner time for the Park family. They ate quietly as they enjoyed the tasty meal. “Minchan,” Mr. Park called her.

 

“Yes, father?” she looked at him.

 

Mr. Park put down his fork and spoon and looked at his daughter daringly, “I know that you suffer from the date that we set up with the Kim’s son. I’m really sorry. I just realized that I had blocked your freedom to feel the teenage life. Therefore, I had bought you a ticket to study overseas. Isn’t that what you want since you’re young?”

 

“Are you my father?” she blinked at him with a blurr expression.

 

“Honey, your father is talking a serious matter!” Mrs. Park glared at her clumsy daughter.

 

“Ohh... OHH! OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS, FATHER?! I’M GOING TO STUDY OVERSEAS! I GET TO MEET NEW FRIENDS!!!” Minchan hopped around happily. She ran towards her parent and hugged both of them tightly.

 

“I love you guys!” she exclaimed in excitement.

 

“We know,” both Mr. and Mrs. Park replied in unison.

 

Somehow, Minchan felt sadness and emptiness. Right, she was not going to meet Kai ever again and she would meet a better guy. Unfortunately, she did not feel that way. She felt the different. Then, a realization hit her. She now knew her true feelings. She had an important mission to do.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jongin!! Wake up!”

 

“Urgh, mom. Give me some time for my beauty sleep,” Kai muttered as he shifted into a more comfortable position.

 

“Aish! Here, Minchan gave you a letter. You better wake up now, KIM JONGIN,” Mrs. Kim glared at him and threw the letter at his son.

 

“Fine,” he sighed and got up. He fixed his bed hair and looked at the letter. He frowned, ‘This is unlike Minchan.

 

He took the letter and scanned it. ‘To Kim Jongin,’ he read.

 

How’s your sleep? I bet a jerk like you need more beauty sleep, huh. Well, today I’m going off to the State for my study. I’ll be at the airport at 12 o’clock. So.. I guess yeah... here’s our farewell. I hope you find a better girl out there. Wish me luck here. I guess that’s it. Goodbye.

Oh, screw it. I just want you to know something that...

It hurts me to love you. But, I know this is for my dream. You know, I don’t expect to fall in love with you because it’s ridiculous to happen. You're such a jerk and ego. But still, I had the guts to fall in love. Still, I know it's a useless thing. Yet, I can't erase this true feeling. I didn't ask for this. It just happened like that. Something about you kept pulling me. I'm suffering from these feelings. To be honest, I still don't want this feeling. I bet it’s just a one-sided love.

Hereby, I Park Minchan surrender.

Farewell, Kim Jongin.

 

Sincerely,

Your Ex Blind Date.

 

Kai blinked his eyes a few times as soon as he finished reading the letter. Regardless, he still did not know what to do. A part of him wanted him to let her go but another part of him wanted him to chase her, to say something important.

 

“Aish,” he muttered as he ruffled his jet black hair.

 

Then, he took out a pencil and a foolscap paper. He wrote something down, more like a letter for Minchan.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Vroooooooom!!!”

 

The motorcyclist sped up his motorbike through the traffic. His motorcycle quickly fissured between the moving vehicles. Some of the road users would honk on his unforgivable behaviour but he could not care less.

 

‘Oh, come on!’ he thought in anger.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kai hopped off his motorbike as soon as he reached the airport. His eyes wandered helplessly, looking for Minchan through the public. It was hard since the airport was compact.

 

“Calling for the departure to States. Calling for the departure to States,” the speaker announced.

 

Then, it hit Kai. He quickly ran to the departure gates. Fortunate enough for him that his eyes caught Minchan lining up at the second gate.

 

“MINCHAN!! PARK MINCHAN!!!” he shouted, attracting the crowds’ attention.

 

Meanwhile, Minchan turned to her side and was surprised to see Kai freaking running towards her and shouted out her names in the middle of a crowded airport. Plus, she was embarrassed to be in front of him after the unexpected confession.

 

“I-got-your-letter,” Kai panted as he showed the letter at him.

 

“I see.”

 

“And  I’ve enough time to reply,” he took out another letter and handed it over to her.

 

Hesitatingly, she took the letter and scanned it, ‘To Park Minchan.

 

                First thing first, my beauty sleep is perfectly fine. Nothing to be worried about.

                I have something to tell too...

                I don’t understand. Why must it be you to be the one in my heart? Well, you’re sometimes annoying to me. I’ve met many people but eventually, it must be you who are in my heart.

                I’m telling you, love is not coincidence. Love can connect you with me.

                I’ve been waiting for you.

                ‘Cause my heart is begging and calling to be born to be yours forever. It’s because my heart never gets confuse. It’s certain that you’re the only one. There are not many reasons unfortunately. It’s just because my heart chooses you.

                I’m sorry for being a jerk. I just want to hide my feelings from you. I’m scared of rejection. All I could do is being a total jerk. Forgive me.

                I love you, Park Minchan.

                Hereby, I Kai will never give up.

                Hello, angel.

                There’s no farewell in my dictionary. :)

 

Sincerely,

Your Love.

 

Tears whelming up Minchan’s eyes. She looked at his eyes, looking for sincerity and honesty. Kai looked at her beautiful face lovingly and his hand got up at her face, it. Then, he gave a warm hug. “I love you, Minchan. I really do,” he confessed.

 

Minchan was overwhelming. She was really comfortable in his embrace. She was happy that her love was not actually a one-sided love. She was really mixed emotional. Somehow, she felt grateful again.