1000 Years, Always By Your Side

Should I? Could I?

1000 Years Always By Your Side – SHINee

I have to tell you something
How I wanna be with you
Be with you, girl

My day started like the usual- wake up early, get ready for school, eat, then go to the house beside ours and wake her up. Who’s her? Well, she’s the most important person in my heart, my best friend. It to say that she’s just my best friend, but that’s what we are, so far, for the last five years. Stupid boyfriend of hers, asking her out with just two months of knowing her.

As soon as I finished eating my breakfast prepared by my mother, I gathered my things and went out of the door, saying a quick ‘good bye’ to my mom who was cleaning the plates I just used.

I reached their house and knocked a few times. No one answered. I waited for a bit more but when a minute passed, I grabbed the extra key they always leave under the small potted plant beside their white front door.

“Yah, we’re going to be-“ I was cut off by someone sobbing. I searched for that person, only to find out that it was her- crying while holding a phone close to her chest, still in her pink cupcake patterned pajamas. She was curled up into a ball on the mustard colored sofa in their living room, in front of a small flat screen tv.

Me, being a gentleman, asked her what happened softly, making her sure that I won’t freak out when she told me what happened. She told me that her boyfriend of what, a year and a half or so, broke up with her yester night.

“Sheesh. That’s all?” I scoffed and looked at her puffy red eyes. “You’re too pretty to cry over a jerk like him.”

She sniffed and used her sleeve to wipe her wet cheeks. I leaned in closer to her and used my thumb to gently caress her soft cheek. “You know what?” I started, not knowing if I should continue or not. She looked at me with interest, wanting me to say more.

But my mind was debating whether or not I should tell her how I feel, how I really fell about her. How I really despise her boyfriend, oops, I mean, ex-boyfriend for asking her out before me. How I wanted to be with her for a long time. No, this is a crucial moment for her. Her heart is too broken…

“Maybe next time.” I suppressed a smile. She looked confused but she nodded.

“I’ll wait for it.” She replied.

There are even those invisible form
I pushed forcibly broken Ohh

Key inserted in the chest
Hey, this same miracle
Are you sure you want to open your heart?

Time flies not only when you’re having fun, but when you’re with the one you love.

We were eating peacefully inside a small café that is located near our school. We were still wearing our uniforms, but what the heck, she looks beautiful, especially with her hair tied up neatly in a ponytail. I decided days before that I would tell her how I really feel one of these days, and maybe this is the time. I took a deep breath. This is either hello girlfriend or goodbye best friend.

“What if I told you I like you? Would you like me back?” I suddenly asked her. It’s been half a year since her ex broke up with her, and she is coping up very well. I, on the other hand, am still a coward, until now.

She stopped eating her unusually large oreo cupcake and looked at me with eyes and mouth wide open. “What did you just say?”

“I like you. Is it okay? I know that it’s just been months, but I really felt something. I mean, I really feel that we could be together… I really like you. Really, I do. I… I wanted to be your boyfriend ever since I knew that you’re always there for me, and I’m always there for you.”

She didn’t utter a word, and just continued to stare at me like I was crazy.

“I’m rambling, aren’t I?” I asked as I sighed. Me and my old habbits.

“But I like it when you ramble. It’s cute.” She smiled at me sweetly, as sweet as the choco mint cupcake I’m eating. “Thanks for always being there for me, especially when I really, really need it.”

She stopped to take a forkful of cupcake to .

“Maybe you didn’t realize it, but I really like you, too.”

Wait, am I hearing things? I asked myself.

“For a second there I thought you confessed to me of having the same feelings as I.” I laughed sheepishly.

“Yup, I did.” She looked at me once again. “Don’t like it?”

I can’t believe it! She actually likes me too!

“Are you sure you’re ready? I mean it’s only been six months since…” I struggled to find a suitable word “You know.”

“You sound like you’re planning something bad, like breaking my heart.” She pouted.

“N-no!” I assured her. “Of course not!”

“Then promise me you won’t hurt me like he did, and we’re good to go.” Her eyes, shining, as she looked at me.

Thoughts are overflowing,

This is my love
Increased even more and more
All I can not tell immediately
I want to tell someday
As if I took 1000 years
But always by your side

Piece of the puzzle of memories that you’re here
And connecting memories were also softly next to me.

Never seen anyone
One map depicts two future
I was hiding in the back of the eye

You know the meaning of the same tears
Are you sure you want to show me

But of course, those thoughts didn’t happen. Why am I like this? Why can’t I tell her how I really feel about her?

How I want to see her smile every single day.

How I want her to laugh to every joke I tell her.

How I want to hear her say ‘I love you’ to me every night.

How I want her to think only of me before going to sleep and waking up.

“Yah. Why are you so slow in eating?” She asked me demandingly. We were still eating at the café near our school. Everything was what I imagined. Will it really happen, though?

“You know…” I trailed off.

“What?” She looked at me confusingly, stopping from eating her large cupcake.

“What if…” I started again. I seem to not find the correct words to say.

She stared at me, waiting for what I’m about to say. Should I? Could I?

“I like you. Ever since we met.”

I carry your name
I’d like to run a long journey
Back to memory before the meeting
But how far will transfer two
On the campus of the white snowy mountains
Repeatedly to you and me
I want to tell someday

Remember the time when we first met? We were just, what? Kids. Teens. Somewhere in between those two. We were young, but we wanted to act mature.

I remember when I saw you in your knee length dress. It had cherries, or strawberries, maybe raspberries, on it printed. You smiled at me. And my, that was one of the times I felt my heart beat to the extreme.

Yeah, that was only one of the multiple times you made my heart melt.

If I was to write every single time you made my heart burst, I wouldn’t be finish writing it even after a thousand years.

My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
So you don’ t wanna be oh…

(My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours)
Never let go (My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours)
Wanna be with you
Baby… (My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours)
Oh my baby..

“Look,” I said to her after an awkward silence between us. “I know it’s weird and all, but since I said it already, I’ll just have to continue.”

“I like you. No, actually, I love you.” I gulped. “I wanted to say, even before that stupid boyfriend of yours,” I noticed that she cringed, as if to say, don’t mention him, “Your ex, I mean, that I’m the one for you, that’s what I think.”

“When he broke your heart into tiny million pieces, I wanted to punch the heck out of him. I wanted to scream at his face, saying that he just made a wrong decision for letting someone like you go. For letting someone as precious as you cry a river.”

“I’ll be with you. I’ll never let you go. I’ll never hurt you. You have- you always had my heart.” I stared at her eyes, silently hoping that she’ll say yes, or anything. “I know that it has been very cheesy of me, but you do get my point, right?”

She nodded, not uttering a word. She looked at me blankly, not showing any emotions.

“Please. Just, say something. You’re killing me here!” I exclaimed in frustration. Why won’t she say something? My fists balled up for some reason. Maybe because of the tension growing between us.

I looked down, not daring to face her again. My breathing was unusually loud and uneven. I scratched my head.

“Look, if you’re gonna accept me,” I paused because I heard her loud gasp. “Or dump me, I don’t care, whatever. I just want to say for the last time – I love you.”

After what seems to be the longest five minutes or so of silence, she finally opened to say something.

She took a deep breath first, and started with “I-“


A/N: I do apologize for not giving a good ending, but I just want you guys to know that I really don't know how to end this one. Should she say yes or no? Please give your suggestions and comments. Oh, and constructive criticism is also accepted. I'm willing to learn. Thanks. :)