Waking in the Middle of the Night

Sleeplessness

Key had just dozed off when he felt the mattress sink under Taemin's weight.  Lately, the youngest had the habit of waking them up in the middle of the night to ask for food.  Key does not remember his puberty being this troublesome.  Taemin, on the other hand, would be hungry at unusual hours and more often than not, being the self-proclaimed mother in their family, he is the one who gets up to cook him a meal.

"We should just teach him how to cook for himself," Onew suggested one time.  And they did.  But that did not stop Taemin from rousing them anyway.

Ten minutes ago, he left kid in the kitchen to clean up right after he ate.  He had a long day and was eager to resume his interrupted sleep.  Taemin slithering up to him in bed snatched him back to wakefulness.  He groaned his complaint but moved aside to make a space for him.

Taemin draped himself over his body and watched Key's face for a while.  The room is dark save for the subdued illumination of a small table lamp intentionally made to face the wall to deflect its brightness.  Key's eyes remained closed but his left arm under Taemin's right side went up as he rested his palm on Taemin's back.

Key felt the soft brush of Taemin's lips on his left cheek and he sighed.  Encouraged, Taemin kissed his throat, right where his pulse beat and was rewarded by another sigh.  He continued kissing up Key's jawline and when he reached his chin, and nibbled at it gently.  Key's breath came in ragged exhale and when Taemin looked at his face again, his eyes are open.  His sleepy y eyes studied Taemin placidly.  However, being a hot-blooded teenager that he is, Taemin could not much resist seeing his expression and gave him an open-mouthed kiss.

Heat exploded between them and they kissed as if their lives depended on it.  Taemin's hands were gripping his face as he delved deeper into Key's mouth.  He tasted like the food that he made him and smelled of soap and of that scent that is purely Taemin and Key was intoxicated by him, by how strongly he feels for him.  Dimly, Key heard a guttural sound escape from him.  He can't breathe and his heart feels like it will explode, but at the same time, Taemiin was breathing into him.  His ardent hands went up inside Taemin's shirt, warm against his smooth skin.  He held him tight, so tightly that he feared he would break his delicate bones.  But he wanted him as close as possible, to crawl inside his skin and live there indefinitely.

Somehow, in the middle of their raging senses, they were able to break off and come up for air, which brought them a measure of lucidity.  They stared at each other, panting, lips swollen, faces hot and hearts pounding in their ears.  Key ran his thumb over Taemin's kiss-sore lower lip, fascinated and thinking how much he wants to bite it.  But he held himself back.  His painful arousal is driving him insane but looking at Taemin's beautiful face kept the insanity at bay.

Taemin sighed, somehow happy and satisfied, and quietly laid his head on Key's chest.  He buried his nose in Key's neck and not long after, Key heard him give off that breath that told him his baby is peacefully asleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Onew's sleep-addled mind, he saw them get up and heard them pattering around in the kitchen.  He felt Key come back into the room sometime later.  He cracked an eye open when Taemin followed a few minutes later and saw him crawl into Key's bed.  - Nothing unusual about that.  Those two are always huddled together.

He was happily sliding back into oblivion when he heard a salacious sound coming from the other bed.  His mind floated back to consciousness, but he did not open his eyes.  He frowned as he commanded his ears to attention.

Did he really hear that?  Was he dreaming?

More sounds came from the other bed.  Sounds that were...  making the hairs on his back stand up.

His eyes flew open, and were promptly terrorized by the sight of Taemin and Key grasping each other and assaulting each other's mouth.  His breath froze in his chest.  He wanted to scream, What the hell are you guys doing?!  But he was paralyzed by what he was seeing.  A small part of his brain took note of the fact that those two are so focused on each other that they neglected the fact that he, Onew, eldest and Leader, is sleeping on the bed right across theirs!  What the hell?!, his mind protested.  Can you please not do that in front of me so I could get some sleep?!!

Eventually, it ended (Finally!  Thank the gods in heaven!) and Onew saw Taemin snuggle into Key's neck.  Key then pulled down Tae's disheveled shirt and pulled up the covers over both of them.  A few moments later, not a sound or movement from them.

Onew, on the other hand, is wide awake and seething.

How am I supposed to go back to sleep now?!

- End -