Back Together With You

One Hundred Candles | Oneshot Request Shop | Closed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back together with you

Characters | Emily (OC), Lee Donghae (Super Junior)

Requested by | privatecookie228

 

(English = bolded)

No one’s POV

For Emily had to leave to another country she thought it’d be best that she broke up with her boyfriend, knowing how much it’ll hurt in the future. She believed that long distance always ended in heartbreak and tears. The feeling of dread when you haven’t seen that person in weeks. The worrisome feeling always surfacing, always asking yourself if he had found someone better.

She stretched as she got off the plane, finally reaching her destination: New York, America. Emily’s parents had been nagging her for over a year to tell her to come back to New York, in which she finally agreed.

“Taxi” Emily called.

The cab stopped in front of her as the driver got out and helped her with her luggage.

“No need, I can do it myself” she said as she pulled her own luggage alone and in one swift lift it was placed neatly in the drunk.

“Miss, you’re fairly strong” the driver complimented.

“Thank you sir” she said as she made her way to the driver’s seat.                             

“Where to?”

 

Emily’s POV

I dragged my luggage up to the driveway.

“Honey, is that you?” my mum screamed as she raced outside attacking me with one of her tight hugs.

“Hi mum” I smiled as I hugged her back.

Although I wasn’t too happy about coming back, I was glad that I would be able to see my family again.

“I’ve missed you so much. Why didn’t you come back for a holiday?” my mum said as she let go of me.

“You know how much the airfares are, it’s really expensive. I couldn’t afford to use all my allowance on that, now could I?” I asked as I smiled and shook my head.

“Oh honey” my mum said as she started patting my head.

“Oh, that reminds me. Where’s dad?” I asked as I looked around.

“Ah, his still working” Mum said as she smiled. “Come inside, I made you food”

“It smells delicious”

 

I lay on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. Images of me and Donghae started flashing in my mind. My heart squeezed and I placed I hands on my chest.

“Donghae, I already miss you” I whispered as I let out a sigh.

I logged onto my facebook account, scrolling through the news feed, only stopping when I saw that Donghae had posted something.

 

What did I do wrong? ):

Like · · Share · about an hour ago · 

 

I couldn’t help but stare at it, tears began forming.

“I’m so sorry Donghae. I wasn’t meant to hurt you, please forgive me. I just believe that it’s for the best…”

I grabbed my pillow and pushed it against my face.

“Did I really do the right thing?”

That night I couldn’t sleep, I tossed and turned over and over again. Thoughts of Donghae took over my mind as I finally drifted off to sleep.

 

“Honey, wake up” someone shook me awake from my sleep.

“Today’s your first day of school” Mum said as she started nudging me.

“I don’t want to go” I mumbled as I pulled the covers over my face.

My mum pulled it off exposing my body to the cold.

“MUM” I yelled as I pulled it back up.

“TA DA” mum said as she pulled out the uniform.

“That skirt looks a bit short” I said as I examined it.

“Honey, you need to show the guys what you got” Mum said as she giggled to herself.

In absolute horror covered my face with my blanket once again.

“That’s not funny” I mumbled, my face turning crimson red.

“C’mon honey, try it on!” mum explained as she left the room.

I sighed as I grabbed my uniform and tried it on. Once I did so, I re-examined the length of the skirt and sighed in relief as I realized that it wasn’t as short as I had expected it to be.

“Honey, come down for breakfast” Mum yelled.

I walked down the steps and spotted dad.

“DAD” I yelled as I ran up to him. “I’ve missed you so much!”

“Oh, my bunny boo!”

It was like a re-union session with my dad. We caught up on things through breakfast and when breakfast was over I was a little sad that I had to leave. At least this was one positive aspect of coming back to New York right?

 

I stared at my new school for the next two years: Rye High School was plastered on a sign beside the gates. I tightly grabbed onto my bag straps and stepped inside. I bit my bottom lip as I trudged through the school not knowing where I was going.

“Hi, you seem new. Do you need help in getting around” A girl with long chestnut hair came up to me with her posse.

“That’d be nice” I attempted to smile. The nervousness was really getting to me.

“Office. This way” the girl said as she gestured to my right.

“Thanks” I said as I scurried after them.

“So new girl, what’s your name?”

“My name is Emily”

“Pretty name” she complimented.

“And yours?”

“Kim Summi” she replied.

“Korean like me” I smiled.

“Really? Emily doesn’t sound like a Korean name” the girls behind her voiced up.

“My parents had a thing for that name, in which I was named Emily” I explained. Sometimes I wondered why it was too even though I already knew the reason.

I was given my schedule and textbooks ready for the next class. I was assigned a locker and was shown around the school. I tried to memorise everything as best as I could, as I didn’t want to bother anyone for directions late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter