Lee Taemin always wins against Percy Jackson

What Happens when you choose books over your boyfriend

 

 

Sulli as the usual, she was reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians while Taemin, her boyfriend was trying to get her attenion. Taemin tried getting her attention by saying: I love you! or I'm carrying your  baby sometimes even Ssul, sometimes I wonder if I'm secretly a girl. People started making fun of Taemin for dating Sulli. In others opinion they don't know why Taemin is still dating Sulli. Everyone knows Sulli is really pretty, but after reading the Percy Jackson series she started wearing big brown glasses and tying her hair up in an ugly bun. She put less effort into wearing nice clothes. So in others eyes she became 'ugly' in everybodys eyes; in Taemin's, she was just as beautiful. 

Taemin looked at Sulli. The warning bell rang. Sulli shut her book and sighed, "What in the Hades, the morning bell already rung!" She looked at Taemin, it's like she never knew he was there. Just by her eyes finally on him Taemins heart fluttered. 

"Ssul!" Taemin said excitedly, just to be disapointed by her running away.


After realizing what just happened he ran after her. She reached class first, once again she had her nose in a Percy Jackson book. He took his seat beside her in class. Once the lecture started he would occasionally start quietly muttering to herself. She started to say, what if one of my friends are secretly a protecterI wish I was a daugter of AthenaShe even took it far enough to say; I just love Percy Jackson. I wish I had a boyfriend like that. I was speechless. Did she not realize that I, her boyfriend was right beside her? Or was this book getting in the way? Don't get me wrong. I don't want all her attention on me. I just want her to pay attention to me every once in a while. I think I'm going crazy. I'm explaining my situation to myself. 

"So that's it. I hope you enjoy your lunch break." Our teacher said walking out. 

I looked at Sulli. Her nose, still, for the third time I've said this, in her dumb Percy Jackson book. Her arms started to shake and she started to quietly curse at some character name Luke. 

"Ssul. Want to eat together?" I asked hopefully. 

For the second time of the day she looked up from her book. Her eyes met mine. She started staring at me, she was focused. I felt butterflys appear in my stomach just from her eyes on me. Once she finished looking at me, she grabbed her book and flipped the pages until she found the correct page. She read a few lines then looked back at me. Her eyes showed dissapointment, then she sighed. She quietly said, "He looks nothing like Percy." 

When she said that; I litterly felt the butterflys in my stomach get shot by a gun then they got sliced by a sword then got burnt to the point they were ash then the ash was swept into a garbage then was burnt then an idiot ate it.  In all seriousness though. Who would compare their boyfriend to a made up character!? 

"Sure." She said looking at me flashing a smile that I haven't seen in a while. 

"Meet you there!" I said cheerfully. Okay, so the butterflys came back to life? I think so, because I felt them again.


When I arrived at our usual lunch spot Sulli was already there. She once again, had her face in her book. I noticed that her lunch was right beside her. I sighed and sat beside her. 

"Sulli, put your book down. You have to eat. It's not good if you skip a meal." I said stearnly. 

She put her book down for a second and glared at me. I'm thinking she tried to look scary.. it didn't work. I grabbed the book out her hand and started waving it in the air, teasing her beacuse she couldn't get it back. She looked at me then she started to glare at me then her eyes started to water. She started to cry. I was only fooling around... 

She marched up to me and kicked my 'place-heaven-forbids-never-gets-kicked area'. I fell on my knees then my eyes started to water. Partically because my 'area' hurts and partly because my own girlfriend kicked me there. She looked at me while I was on the grass cussing. She kicked my stomach then left me there. 

I hate to say this but.. . I love you and everything but, y much. Just kidding Ssul. I love you.


 

Once I 'recovered' I figured that being the boyfriend you should it up and apoligize. Not only that but, you know, I was wrong. I shouldn't have taken her book..

I started running around the campus looking for her. I looked everywhere for her. There was only 2 places I haven't looked yet. The library and the rooftop. I hoped she was at the roof top. It was a sentimental place for me. That's the place where I told Sulli that I love her and that's where she said "I love you too." Well now you know why I hoped she was there. 

I thought that she would be on the roof top crying rolled into a little ball while she was burning her book for getting into the way of our relationship. That when I open the door she would looked alarmed then run into my arms crying and apologizing for being...that. That she would look into my eyes and we would kiss and burn the rest of her Percy Jackson books...together. 

I mentally laughed at that, damn I'm romantic. I said sarcastically to myself. 

I started running towards the school roof. I slammed the door open to excpect a certain Sulli to run into my arms but instead I was greeted by the whistling of the wind and a girl doing homework staring at me as if I'm a stupid retard who just ice cream in the middle of a 'no-ice-cream-place'. My face flushed red and I awkwardly closed the door behind me and sighed. Stupid books.

That left one more place to look..the library. He started walking towards the libraby just to see Sulli sitting down with more Percy Jackson books around her. He sighed and took the chair across her. She never once looked up. Her eyes were only looking at that stupid book. Her face showed nothing that her eyes were crying earlier. Her face was the same.. She was once again looking at her book. Ignoring me. I now know better then to go and touch her book. So I just stared at her. Hoping to maked her feel uncomfortable which would lead her to look at me. 

That didn't happen.. 


Sulli stared to shake and she closed the book in her face. She looked up at me, she started to scan my face. Then she started to pinch my cheeks. I started to blush, I could feel the blood rush to my face. Once I removed her hands from my face, I looked at her. She had that same idiotic smile, that same stupid, beautiful eyes looking at me. 

"Sulli! I've missed you!" I say pulling her into a rash embrace. 

"What do you mean?" She asks me. 

"It was like you were in a trance! You only read that book! You ignored me for so long!" I say raising my voice just a tiny bit. 

"I get it now." She looked at me seriously, "You're a fury!" She says.

A what??

"Dang it! I wish Percy was here! He would have sliced your throat!!" She yelled pointing at me. 

"Sulli. I'm Taemin. Your boyfriend." I say. 

"Lies! Taemin isn't like you!" She yells. 

Oh. So now I, Lee Taemin; isn't thee Lee Taemin. That's interesting.. I'm so close to burning your precious little books. One more and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be over the line. 

"Ssul. I'm Taemin. I'm your boyfriend." I said sternly. 

"No! Taemin isn't my boyfriend!" 

Well then. Ouch. Did anyone find my heart? I'm pretty sure she just ripped it out of my body and threw it out a window. 

I decided to play along with her, "I know. Who is then?" I asked. 

"PERCY!" 

Well. I've been replaced by a made up character. Ouch. 

"I've killed him. I thew him into the sea." I say in a matter of fact voice. 

"You're not that smart. He's a son of a SEA GOD." She says emphasizing 'sea god'. 

"It was water full of poison." I say. 

Her eyes started to bulge out of her eyes. Her lips started quiver. What the heck. He's not real. A thought just popped into my head. I smirked and faced her. 

"If you want to see your precious Percy. Come to the roof top after school..alone." I say as I walk away cooly. 


After school I ran to the roof top. I need to save Percy! I opened the door with caution as I walked on the roof. It was completely dark. Suddenly there was a bright flash of light then Taem- the fury.. was there looking at me with a bouquet of roses smiling at me. I felt giddy. I wanted to run up to Taem- the fury. Until I rememered; he has Percy. 

"I'm here." I say cooly. 

"Obviously." The fury says, "Anyways, If you want him back you need to answer a few questions." He says looking at me. He gently put the flowers on the ground and looked at me. "First. You have to be completly honest. We...err. Furies?" He said it in a more of a question tone. "Yeah! Us Furies can tell apart lies and the truth."

Hmm. I didn't know that. Well I guess I have to answer now.

"Okay go." I say. 

"Who is your real boyfriend?" He asks me.

I bit my lip, "T-Taemin." I said looking at him. His eyes seemed to have soften. 

"Hmm." He seemed content with my answer. 

"Are we done yet?" I asked impatiently. 

"Nope." He said, "Next. How much do you love him on a scale of 1 to 10?"

I paused. "I can't answer." I say looking at the fury. 

"Why not?" The fury asks as if it's sad.

"Because I broke the scale." I say my face starting to turn red. 

"You love him right." He said in more of a statment rather than a question. 

"Yup." I say slightly smiling. 

"Last question.. Why are you pretending about me being a fury? Why are you ignoring me? Why do you love Percy.." He asks.

"Because! It's fun! Can't I have fun! It's so hard! I hate school! It was fun because you were there! Then you started talking to that new girl!" I yelled.


Flashback

I walked into the class room expecting Taemin to start running up to her and hug her or something. No. He was talking to the new kid. Krystal Jung. I didn't really have a problem with it until she started hanging aroung Taemin..alot. 

She would accompany them whenever Sulli would ever hang out with Taemin at his HOUSE. No. 

She was everywhere. 

One day I was going to visit Taemin because he was sick. Guess what I saw. Him and Krystal at a store holding hands. They were shopping. What's worse. It was a day before our anniversary. 


"Because! It's fun! Can't I have fun! It's so hard! I hate school! It was fun because you were there! Then you started talking to that new girl!" Sulli yelled at me. 

New girl...? Oh!

"You mean Krys?" I asked.

She looked away in disgust. 

I started to laugh, "Really Ssul!?" Once again I started to laugh.

"What's so funny?!" She yelled.

"Krys is my cousin!!" I said between laughs. 

"AISH!" She yells. 

 

Once Sulli finally calmed down we sat side by side leaning on the school wall. 

"Wait. Why were you so hung up on Percy Jackson? I know you ignored my because of Krys but why the book thing?" I ask her.

"Simple. I love Percy Jackson..Duh." She says. 

I pulled her into an embrace. 

"I'm soo much better than him." I say looking away. 

"Are you jealous of a fictional character?" She says in a teasing voice.

"No!" I retorted. 

"As if." 

"You were jealous of my cousin!" I said back. I saw that she popped a vein. Well then. I hit a sore subject.

"At least she's real!" She says laughing. 

I kissed her forehead and she stopped laughing.

I got up and started to walk her home. Once we got to her house she looked at me. The butterflys that have been dying and re-living are finally alive for good.

I leaned in and kissed her. She started to kiss back. When we pulled away for air both of our faces were red. She kissed my cheek and ran into her house. 

I smiled and started to walk away. 

I said out loud quietly; Lee Taemin always beats Percy Jackson. 


GLOSSERY:

Hades : God of the underworld and death.

Athena : God of wisdom, intelligence and craft.

Protecter : This probably isn't related to greek mythology but in the Percy Jackson Series a protecter is what brings the demi god to safety.

Fury : Without mercy, the furies would punish all crime. 


DONE! This took alot of time.. Anyways. I Love SHINee and The Percy Jackson Series. If any of you like greek mythology please read it! I hope you liked it (: Comment and subscribe maybe?? (:

-Thatawkwardday