Merry Christmas

Happy Virus

Dedicated to Hyeryungieee~ Sorry I'm so late ; __ ;

 

~~~~~

 

Christmas is a time to be jolly.  It's a time to be among family and friends, just enjoying time together.  The holiday season is filled with bright smiles, contagious laughter, and cheerful attitudes.  ...Right?

But here I was, alone on my couch early Christmas morning.  Normally, I would be spending time with my family during this time of year.  However, the tickets were just too expensive.  And so I was stuck alone in my apartment in Korea. 

I sighed as I looked out my window.  The sun was just beginning to come out, and the snow looked like it was sparkling.  It made everything look peaceful and beautiful, but it only reminded me of when my family would go on our annual ski trips every winter.  I hadn't seen my family in what felt like ages.  It just couldn't be a Merry Christmas without them.

My text tone interrupted my thoughts. 

"Merry Christmas!  What are you going to do today ^ o ^??" -Chanyeollie

I smiled at Chanyeol's cute text and quickly typed in my reply. 

"Nothing much.  You?"

Another text came shortly after.  "'Nothing much'?!? WHY??" -Chanyeollie

"I'm just going to stay inside and have some hot choco."

"Ah, I see..."

"Have fun with the EXO guys okay?" I tossed my phone onto my bedside table and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and hot chocolate.

In the middle of preparing some French toast, the doorbell rang.  Confused, I went to answer it.  I couldn't think of anyone who would come to my apartment this early on Christmas day.   

I opened the door to reveal a really tall person with a huge smile who attacked me in a hug. 

"Chanyeol! What are you doing here?"

"Hello and Merry Christmas to you too, silly!" He chuckled, lifting me off of the ground and spinning me around.  Snow that was on his red jacket flew off everywhere. 

"Hello to you too, Chanyeol.  Thanks for the snow."  I giggled, looking at the small puddles starting to form all over.  Chanyeol gave me a sheepish look as he closed the door behind him.  "Sorry."

After he took off his near-soaked jacket, he followed me into the kitchen. "So, what are you doing here, Chanyeol?  Shouldn't you be with your family?  Or the guys?" I made myself a mug of hot chocolate, which Chanyeol quickly stole.

Taking a sip, Chanyeol shook his head.  "They're all gone on vacation.  Ah, it's delicious." He said nonchalantly, his lips. 

He looked around my living room, and then frowned. 

"Something wrong?" I asked, finishing a second cup of hot chocolate. 

"There's no tree here!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 

I shrugged.  "I figured I'd be going back to see my family."

Chanyeol's phone buzzed, indicating he had a text.  He quickly punched in a reply and put his phone away again.    

"So, what are you going to do today?" I asked him, my heart beating slightly faster.  Spending Christmas day with Chanyeol seemed infinitely better than spending it alone. 

"Of course I'm going to spend it with my favorite person ever!" He cooed, hugging me again. 

"Oh, so you're going to see Kris?" I teased, sticking my tongue out at him.

Chanyeol pouted.  "Yah!"

I laughed then hugged Chanyeol back.  "I'm kidding.  You're my favorite, too."

"Let's go." Chanyeol said, standing up and offering a hand to me.  Before I could react, he began dragging me towards the front door.  "Get a jacket, it's cold!"

"Where are we going?" I asked, slipping a coat over my shoulders and handing Chanyeol his nearly-dried one. 

"You'll see.  Here, wear a scarf." Chanyeol said, grabbing one of mine from the coat rack and placing it around my neck. "I don't want you to freeze."

I blushed and turned away, grabbing a scarf for Chanyeol to wear.  "Here, Chanyeollie.  You left this here last time you came."  He grinned and grabbed my hand, slipping the scarf on and pulling me outside.

After grabbing my keys, I locked the door behind us.  The air was cold and I could see vapor every time I breathed out.  The snow crunched slightly under my feet and the wind made me shiver.  I clung to Chanyeol, hoping that he would be warm. 

"Don't worry.  It's a short walk." Chanyeol chuckled, wrapping an arm around me.  Anyone who sees us would think we're any ordinary couple.  My heart beat fast as he pulled me closer, so that no space was left between us. 

We walked through a couple of crowded streets with Christmas decorations hung up everywhere.  It was snowing now, and the snowflakes twinkled in the dazzling lights lining store windows.  I got bumped a few times just because the sidewalk was so packed, but Chanyeol held me close. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, getting on my toes to bring my lips closer to Chanyeol's ear.  Everyone seemed to be talking, and it was hard to hear over the Christmas songs blasting from almost every store.  Either he didn't hear me or he ignored me, because he kept me close as he lead me somewhere.

"We're here!" Chanyeol said finally, pulling me into a small cafe.  Not surprisingly, we were two of the only people in there.   Most were spending time together at home, unlike us.   

"What a cute couple!" An older lady greeted from behind the counter.  "What would you two like?"

"We're not really-"

"We'll take one caramel macchiato and one vanilla bean frappe," Chanyeol cut me off.  I looked up at him, but he just smiled at me with that grin I love.  I smiled back and he lead me to an empty table. 

I noticed him check his phone a lot, just glancing at the screen.  "What's wrong, Chanyeol?" I asked.  Shocked, he looked up at me and tucked his phone back into his pocket.  "Nothing.  I should be paying attention to you, sorry," Chanyeol said sheepishly.

"Here are your drinks.  They're on the house. Merry Christmas!" The lady said. 

"Thank you ajumma!" "Ne, thank you very much!"

Chanyeol grinned and took a huge sip of his vanilla frappe. 

"Ah! Brain freeze!" Chanyeol whined with a pout. 

I laughed.  "It's your fault for ordering a frappe, silly.  It's freezing outside."

"Keep me warm then."

Chanyeol scooted closer to me and rested his head on my shoulder.  His hair tickled my neck and cheek.  I could smell his cologne; he had stolen some from Kris after I told him I liked it.  Looking away, I tried to be calm and drink my warm beverage.  I was almost sure Chanyeol could hear or feel my heart beating. 

After a while, Chanyeol pulled his phone out of his pocket again.  He scrolled through something, then put it away.  "Oh, I think I forgot something at your house.  Can we go now?" I nodded, and again he was close, guiding me through the busy streets. 

We finished our drinks just as we got back to my apartment and threw it away in the trash bin outside.  Chanyeol helped me remove my jacket and scarf, his fingers brushing against my neck and sending tingles down my spine. 

"Close your eyes." Chanyeol said, putting his hands over them anyway.

I giggled.  "What are you doing?"

He didn't answer me and just kept guiding me.  I pictured the layout of my house in my head.  We were heading towards the living room. 

"Ready? Three, two..." Chanyeol removed his hands and revealed all of the other EXO-K members.  A nicely decorated Christmas tree stood behind them with twinkling lights. 

"Merry Christmas!" The boys chorused, trapping Chanyeol and me in a group hug. 

 I looked at Chanyeol, who simply smiled again.  "You planned this?"

"Yup.  Merry Christmas, favorite-person-ever," Chanyeol said softly, pulling me into a hug.  The other members "aww-d" and "ooh-ed."

Suho nudged Chanyeol and handed him a small box.  Chanyeol pulled back slightly, then tilted my chin up so that I was looking at him. 

For the first time, Chanyeol looked nervous and a little uncomfortable.  He shyly held out the small box that was wrapped in cute snowman wrapping paper.  It said "To: My favorite person ever, Love, your Chanyeollie."

"Aww, thank you," I cooed.  Everyone's eyes were on me as I unwrapped the gift. 

A small jewelry box was inside.  I glanced up at Chanyeol.  His eyes sparkled and he gave me a nod, wordlessly telling me to open it. 

I opened it up and found a beautiful necklace with a locket on it. 

"Open it." Chanyeol whispered.  The other boys leaned in to get a better look.

I undid the small clasp and looked inside the locket.  There was a picture of Chanyeol and me on one side, and a small folded piece of paper on the other.  Carefully I removed the paper and unfolded it. 

"Be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, Chanyeollie," I wrapped my arms around him tightly as the members cheered. 

I could hear the other members chuckle from behind me, so I turned to look.  Sehun was holding back a laugh while he held a mistletoe over Chanyeol and me.  "It's tradition," Baekhyun sang. 

Chanyeol pulled me close and kissed me gently.  His lips felt like heaven, pressed against mine. 

"I love you, my one and only favorite girlfriend ever," Chanyeol grinned. 

"I love you too, my Chanyeollie."  

 

~~~~~

Welp I hope that made sense.

Merry Christmas everyone!!