11

Camping

You looked intensively at Yonghwa. What did he just say? He was worrying about you? For some strange unknown reason you felt all warm inside and you couldn't stop your lips form forming a smile.
"What?" Yonghwa asked with pink cheeks.
"Well, I guess, I'm touched." You beamed without knowing why. "You were really worried?"
"Umm, yeah." Yonghwa rubbed his neck.
"Yonghwa," you said softly. He looked at you. " It's just a scratch." Yonghwa's cheeks turned from pink to red and he looked away. You laughed at him and grabbed your paddle.
"Let's go back to our Preliminary Home." You enthusiastically pointed out the direction, like you were the captain of a ship, and dip your paddle in the water.

This way home the roles were switched. Yesterday you had been the cranky one, but now it was Yonghwa's turn to be grumpy.
"Cheer up a little," you told him when you helped him pull the canoe out of the water. "What are you pouting about anyway?"
"I'm not pouting," Yonghwa denied. You laughed at him.
"You are obviously lying, but I'm not going to push you. You can pout if you want to." You took your life jacket off while smiling to yourself.

"What are you so happy about anyway?"
"Oh, I don't know." It's just nice to have someone worrying about you...
"What's the matter with you and your mood swings?" Yonghwa mumbled and shook his head. You ignored him.
"I think I should head back to my family. It's dinner time soon, right?" You smiled.
"Yeah... and you better show your parents that I took care of you," Yonghwa said.
"But, I'm hurt. How do I explain that to them?" you teased. Yonghwa looked at your knee.
"Why didn't I bring a first aid kit? That's just so stupid..." He looked guilty. It's not like it was his fault you had never paddled before.
"Silly. I'll just wash the blood off in the lake, you go and have dinner with your parents.
"Okay." Yonghwa trudged away. You suddenly felt a sting off worry.
"I'll see you, right?" You called after him. He turned around.
"Of course! You'll never get rid of me."

You finished your meal. You sighed contently and patted your stomach. Your sister stood up.
"I'll do the dishes," she said. You too got to your feet.
"I'll help," you offered. Your family just stared at you. "What?" Your sister was the first one to recover from the shock.
"Great, thanks."

You whistled happily as you waved the dish-brush around.
"I can't stand beside you, I'm getting all wet. Stop waving!" your sister complained. You laughed at her.
"You can go. I'll finish off her," you said and splashed a little extra at her. She laughed with you.
"If you say so. Thanks." She put the towel on the outdoor sink. She turned around before leaving.
"Yonghwa has really changed you. You're a lot different, a lot happier." She smiled. You smiled back at her.

You sang and waved the brush all around. You never knew doing dishes was this fun. You sang a little more and smiled goofily.
"You sure know how to make house work fun." Yonghwa put down the remnant of his family dinner beside you. You looked at him and grinned.
"You can call me The Dishwasher. Want some help with that?"

Yonghwa and you stood next to each other with foam up to your elbows and both of you were almost soaked from your waving.
"Last one," Yonghwa declared cheerfully.
"Bring it!"
"Hey, watch the eye," Yonghwa yelled and ducked to avoid your swinging.
"Oops, sorry." You finished the plate and then threw the brush in the sink. You sat down on the stair and yawned.
"Tired?" Yonghwa sat down on the step below you.
"A little, and I'm sore from paddling all day long."
"You're not used to it. I'm sure you'll feel it in your muscles tomorrow."
"How encouraging..." Yonghwa laughed at your comment and you watched his hair bob as he did. You felt a sudden urge to run your fingers through his hair, but you resisted the impulse.

"My shoes are all muddy after our canoe tour," you suddenly discovered. Yonghwa looked down on his own shoes. As he bent his head forward you just couldn't resist, and stretched out a hand and touched his hair. He froze under your touch and you quickly pulled your hand back.
"Sorry...
"It's fine. I just wasn't prepared."

"I think I should get back. My things should be dry by now." You stood up, and so did Yonghwa. He helped you pile your things.

You didn't know why, but it felt right, so you put your arms around his waist and hugged him. It felt natural when he put his arms around you and hugged you back.
"Good night then," you said.
"Good night," he replied.

You pulled back, took your things and left.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Hi everybody :)

I'm having a really hard time to decide how this will end..,
Do you want a happy or a sad ending? I have both in mind .. ^^

Thanks everyone for subscribing and commenting :)<3