Heartbreak and warmth

"Murderer"

Somehow, HimChan managed to pay the bills and make his way out of the restaurant. As he shamble on the walkway towards the dorm and walked for the purpose of walking, his mind tried to register what had happened moments ago.

As reality hit him, it hit him hard. His body shook as sobs took over his entire being. HimChan pressed his hands onto his face, trying to wipe off the tears that had started rolling freely down his cheeks. He actually did care if people looked at him weird but he could not stop the tears from falling. His heart cried at the harshness of reality. His being cried at the lost, at the distance that had grown further from him and Hana.

Hana… He weeped, his chest aching.

His legs soon became weak and he leaned onto a building by the walkway he was on. Wiping his eyes, he saw an alley a few steps further down and stumbled into it to get away from the publics’ eyes, his arms holding the wall for support.

Once he was in the alley, he leaned his back on the wall. His chest rise and fell in jerks as he tried to control his breathing. HimChan opened his palms and looked at its contents- his mum’s bracelet, and the small plastic bag containing the silver bracelet that once stood behind the shop years before, the bracelet supposedly replacing his mum’s bracelet on Hana’s wrist. He hadn’t even got the chance to give the silver bracelet to her.

HimChan’s vision watered as more tears rolled down his cheeks and he slid down to the ground. His back burned from the friction with the wall but that was nothing compared to the sting in his heart. He hugged his knees and cried his heart out into the night.

HimChan did not know how long he cried, maybe he cried until all the water in his body leaked out of his eyes. Soon after, he was exhausted and felt really tired, physically and emotionally.

From a distance, he heard a male’s voice, low but definitely male. It looks like someone from the public had spotted him. He almost wished the wall behind him would fall, burying him under it. He would rather that than have to face society as the failure he was.

However, when HimChan felt strong arms around his back and under his knees and himself being lifted, he was startled. Due to the dark, unlit alley, he could not make out the person’s face. His head rested on a chest and he could smell a familiar scent, one that is warm and comforting.

“HimChan,” The man’s voice reverberated through his chest that HimChan’s ears rested upon.

HimChan closed his eyes and whined as more tears fell onto his cheeks even though he had cried so much and he wondered where the water came from. Probably from my bleeding heart, he thought. He stirred under the man’s hold, shifting so that he could wrap his hands around his neck while the man carried him bridal style as he walked. HimChan rested his head onto the man’s chest while he was taken away and sighed as he fell asleep because he knew he could trust his friend to bring him home.

 

“HimChan,” hot breath ghosted on HimChan’s face when Yongguk called him, arising him from his dreamless sleep. “HimChan, get off.”

HimChan shrieked and his eyes snapped open as the arms under his knees and back dropped. Luckily, his arms were around Yongguk’s neck so he hung onto him. With red, swollen puffy eyes, HimChan frowned to him and held on.

Yongguk tickled his stomach and pushed HimChan off him, dropping him onto the bed. HimChan, the ticklish one, giggled under his touch and let him go. Yongguk turned to grab his towel by the window. He cast a quick glance at HimChan over his shoulder before leaving the room to wash up.

When HimChan had calmed down, he took off his blazer and tie and crawled under the comforter turning onto his side to facing the wall. The white wall was plain, pure and bare- so unlike his heart.

Murder…er. I’m a murderer huh? HimChan thought to himself as he stared at the wall blankly.

After a moment of silence, the ache in his chest grew too much for him to bear and he clutched the comforter closer to him. His body shook as tears fell from his eyes, soaking into the pillow under his head. The scenes from before played again in his mind. The venom in her words as she said, “…I don’t ever want to see you again, you murderer!”

He brought his legs up, he clawing at his chest as more sobs shook his frame.

Hana… He mourned. I’m sorry…

A few seconds later, he heard the door to the room open, signalling that Yongguk was done washing up. HimChan tried to quieten his sobs but to no avail. His sobs filled the silent room.

“HimChan?” He heard Yongguk’s deep voice from the other side of the room. HimChan pretended to sleep but his cries threw his efforts to waste. “Yah, I called you so many times already, just answer me, will you?!”

Giving up, HimChan merely responded without moving. “What?”

“What happened?” Yongguk asked, his voice softened.

“Nothing,” HimChan sniffled.

“Then why are you crying?” Yongguk pressed on.

“No reason”

“Don’t lie.” Yongguk snapped.

HimChan kept quiet. He was really worn-out and just wished to just exclude himself from the world.

“Aish,” Yongguk sighed, almost giving up. After staying quiet for a while, he continued. “You know, when people meet another, there’s bound to be dissatisfactions.”

HimChan’s sobs paused for a while after hearing those words. He thought it over and then he whimpered, “Why are you so nice?” HimChan sniffled as he felt more cries coming. “You shouldn’t be nice to.. to a murderer.”

With that, HimChan cried harder than ever, hugging himself. His wails filled the room.

HimChan felt the bed dipped as a weight pressed down on it from behind him. Yongguk had moved over and sat on HimChan’s bed.

“Tell me,” Yongguk challenged.

HimChan knew he couldn’t win against Yongguk, Yongguk knew him too well. Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat, HimChan took a deep breath and told him everything about the events earlier.

There was silence for a while after HimChan finished telling him the story. Then, HimChan felt the bed contoured even more as Yongguk lay down behind him, wrapping his arms around HimChan from behind. HimChan was stunned at his friend’s actions. However, he appreciated the warmth and stayed put.

“You are not a murderer, HimChan. Things happen and all these, we do not have control over them,” Yongguk comforted HimChan, his breath hot against the nape of HimChan’s neck, sending warm shivers down his spine.

“What makes you so sure?” HimChan asked, wanting validation.

“Because I know,” Yongguk replied simply.

Yongguk’s hot breaths tickled the bottom of his spine, making him squirm ticklishly. HimChan turned his body under Yongguk’s arms to face him and frown at him. “What kind of reason is that?”

HimChan saw a flash of redness on Yongguk’s nose as he pulled his arm away and chuckled, “What, is that not a good enough reason for you?”

HimChan rolled his eyes as he rid himself of the comforter, moving closer to the new ‘comforter’. He rested his head on Yongguk’s shoulders, snuggling to the crook of his neck.

“Oi, get off me,” Yongguk said, his body and mind paralysed.

“Yongguk, are you gay?” HimChan suddenly asked.

“Huh, what? NO! I’m not gay!” Yongguk alleged as he tried to pull HimChan away from him.

HimChan merely snuggled closer to the warmth of his friend and wrapped an arm around his body. Yongguk smelled of vanilla body wash, HimChan noted. HimChan closed his eyes as exhaustion once again took over. Soon after, Yongguk stopped struggling and just lay unmoving. Then, HimChan felt Yongguk’s body relax and the strong arms from before wrapping itself around him. The warmth from Yongguk’s body enveloped his being and seeped to his aching heart, warming it, healing the wounds from before. HimChan sighed contently and snuggled closer.

I won~, HimChan celebrated in his own world.

“Thank you, Yongguk” HimChan managed to mumble as weariness washed over him and he fell to sleep in the arms of his now treasured friend.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

:3

Notice Yongguk’s advice to HimChan looks familiar?

“You know, when people meet another, there’s bound to be dissatisfactions.”

Because it’s from KILLING CAMP!! :D Ep. 3!

Yongguk: “How can discontent not exist when a person and a person meet? So I liked to see him being like that (talking about how HimChan voiced about how he felt)”

Go check that out if you haven’t XD

 

I hope I didn’t disappoint anyone >< and I hope you enjoyed the story! Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions, I really appreciate it! Here’s a donut for you~ /hands a donut/ :D

Check out my other stories! I have an ongoing DaeUp ninja series haha, go check it out if you are free ^.^

See you soon~! :D