Chapter 1: Introduction

Blinded By Stars

She stands in the bathroom measuring herself just wondering what she would go through today at school. She attended highschool, with the usual steriotypical classmates. She was a target by almost everyone except for her real friends. Her friends called her a black asian for fun, while random people make fun of her and tell her she wont amount to anything. She's short with red hair, and wears glasses, and has a passion for make up and hair. Her real yet true passion is music. She goes about her days dreaming and wishing she was just as good the girls she watched on youtube, and was inspired by the artist she saw on and Tv and online. She strives very deeply to become that. She believes that one day it will be her turn and her day will come. She always thought of ways she can be heard, she did nothing but sat and listened to music but when she was alone her room would turn into her own concert. She would wait and watch the music awards and Korean music awards and wish she could be on stage singing her heart out, she wanted fame.

Her love for Korean music was growing, she can name some of the artists and listen to the music alittle bit. Even though she couldnt understand she wanted to learn it, she was in love with the Korean Language. One day she had got out of school , and as always she put her headphones on and waited for the bus, bobbing her head to every beat, as she walked on to the bus she noticed how packed it is. Woman with crying children and bickering old woman stinky old men and tall good gentlemen. There she stands tapping her foot and bobbing her head to the music, wasted in time and slipping into another dimension. Lost in the music, she opens and song comes out, as everyone looks at her she sings her heart out and starts to dance, people start to clap and men starts to wave their hands.

As the bus stops at the terminal she dances off the bus with men and woman following her. She gives a show, all in syncronized dance, everyone clapping and singing along. As she finishes her song  "baby, your the only one for me.." She stops and looks around noticing the clapping and everyone saying how good she did. But, feeling embarrassed she walks away quickly thinking to herself why did she do this and how embarrassing it really was even though she has never sang in front of a crowd. She notices a man walking towards her and checks herself to take sure she look presentable. He was tall and wore a white suite. He looked like he was wearing a business suite so she assumed he was a business man or belong to some business. She was short compared to him. She compared him to the empire state building. He wore sunglassed and his hands were in his pockets. He then stops and looks down at her and asks her. 

"If i may ask, what is that song you were singing?"

She answered, " Um, well uh, you see that was *Your The One by JYP* sir."

the conversation continued, " How old are you? You learned that?"

"15, and yes sir."

"By yourself?"

"Yes i did sir." 

"Isnt that the Korean language?"

As he spoke to her all she could think of was how good his hair looked, and she continued to answer, 

"Yes it is sir."

and he praised her, " Well you did a really good job."

"Thank you sir!" 

"Do you no Korean?" She then notices his english wasn't really clear.

But she answers, " No not even close." 

"Wow thats crazy.. Yet amazing you can do thing with this talent, keep it up."

"Ok, I will sir, Thank you."

As she walked away people look at her with smiles and happiness, one lady even pulled her over to tell her how much she loved her "preformance" and told her it made her day. She felt good that her singing actually made people feel good, it actually blew her mind. She rushes home to tell everyone of the day she had and how exciting it was. After all the excitement she went upstairs and gets ready for bed, with all these thoughts in her head. Then it hits her.... As she lays in bed she thinks to herself, " Im going to make youtube videos of covers and possibly my own songs.. thats how Justin Beiber did it right?" She laid down in a very happy mood thinking to herself when her other yells to her. Thinking theres something wrong she gets up and runs down stairs. 

"Jesse!!"

"Yeah mom what happened?

"Look!"

She looks, "What...the.." Her sister yells.

"Jesse your on TV!"

Happy she yells, "No way mom!!!" Looking at her mom.

Her mom turns up the volume, and they listen to her sing,

"Baby, you're the only one 

for me. Neo ppuniya.."

She watched the tv wide eyed.

"Mom thats me!" with tears in her eyes, "Thats me!" she smiles.

"Jesse thats not even english!" her sister blurts out.

Jesse yells back, "Shut up!"