Underneath the Mask Part One

Underneath the Mask

 

Seolhee's POV

 

''Are you ready?'' The doctor asks me.

''Yes...'' I answer.

''Please count back from 10.'' The doctor tells me.

The nurse place the gas mask over my mouth, ''10. 9. 8. 7... 6...... 5......... 4.............''

~

''Oppa~'' I give the guy a seductive look, ''It's already been a week and I think this isn't working out.'' I pout. ''I've got a new boyfriend! I'm sorry. We weren't meant to be together.''

''But Seolhee...'' The boy starts protest.

''Seolhee!'' Another male's voice shot out from the background.

I smile, ''Wonjae oppa!'' I go over to him and lock our arms together. ''Sorry Godong oppa~ This is the man I love.'' I go on my tippy toes and give Wonjae a small kiss on the lips.

''Class listen up!'' The teacher slams her hand down on her desk a few times to get our attention, ''We have a new student here today. Come in.''

A very tall boy walks into the classroom. The teacher asks him, ''Can you introduce yourself?''

The boy nods and starts to speak. He had a really deep voice, ''My name is Wu Yifan. Free to call me Kris.''

''Yifan is a transfer student from Canada. He has a hard time speaking Korean so I would like... Seolhee to help him! Seems that you lived in the U.S. should help you with the communication.'' The teacher continues. ''Take a sit beside her.'' the teacher motions.

"Hey!" He said in English.

"Hi," I replied also in English.

The class started and the whole class started to scribble down notes. Kris asked me questions here and there and I answered to him sweetly. I've decided that he was going to be next.

When lunch started, rumors about Kris already flooded the whole school. Then the school's famous gang appeared in our class. Kris's face lit up as soon as he met the gang, EXO-M.

''Duizhang!'' Tao called out before tackling him with a hug.

''Tao! Get off! We aren't kids anymore! There is people watching.'' He replied in Chinese. There was. The whole classroom had their eyes on them and there was already a mob of girls by the door.

''Finally your back Kris!'' Xiumin butted in.

''Of course Xiumin-hyung.'' Kris answered back. ''How long has it been?''

''7 years.'' Chen answered.

''Wow! I didn't realize I was gone for that long!'' He seemed surprised. Who isn't surprised? Who have thought that there was a 6th member of EXO-M and also the leader as well?

I smirk. 'Then there is more reason for me to get Kris. I could get him jealous and get him back.' I think to myself

Luhan then suddenly eyed me. I could ever-so-slightly hear his whispers, ''Kris, why is 'she' here?''

''Who?'' He asks in a confused face. By this time, the whole EXO-M members were listening to each other.

''Her!'' Lay pointed to me with his eyes.

''Seolhee? She's my buddy.'' Kris answered.

''It's better if you stay away from her if you don't want to be the next victim.'' Chen points out.

''Ask your teacher to switch seats for tomorrow.'' added Tao.

''She is a monster!'' said Xiumin.

''Why?'' Kris looked confused, ''She seems nice.''

''That's what you think.'' Luhan states, ''She is a devil!''

I slam my hands on the table, making everyone look in my direction. I get my erasers and throw them at their faces and gave them a glare. People's words really didn't bother me, but Luhan's did. For he was the love of my life.

~

''Kris-ge~'' I said in a sweet voice. ''You know you are my favorite~'' giving him a light peck on the cheeks.

''I love you too, Seolhee.'' Kris replied giving me a loveable hug.

I kiss him again, this time on the lips, passionately, as I see Luhan in the corner of my eye. I smirk.

 

I groaned as my alarm clock wakes me up. ''I hate winters!'' I say as I get off my bed and rub my goose bumps away. I turn on the hot water and step inside the showers, letting the hot water melt me. ''Ah~ This feels good.''

I walk out of my dorm room in dark skinny jeans with a black leather jacket, topped with a light grey beanie and dark grey infinity scarf with a black combat boots. I close the door and see the graffiti that is written all over it.

'Go to hell!'

'You monster!'

'Leave EXO-M ALONE!'

'DIE!'

I sigh and leave the sight. I head in the classroom and take a sit at my desk which is located by the windows. The snow was just starting for the day, making another thick layer of snow in the fields. 

The class was quiet because I came early into the room until I heard a mob of girls coming in my direction. It was the EXO-M fangirls.

''You worthless trash!'' A girl came in grabbing a lock of my hair.

''How dare you toy with our Kris!'' Another girl yanked my scarf off my neck and threw it at the ground.

I pushed off the girls off of me, ''What the hell is your problem?!?!'' I yelled. Blood dripped down my forehead as I saw a patch of hair ripped off, making my blond hair red.

''Our problem?!'' a girl shouted. Then the mob girls tackled on me.

''You already ripped out Luhan's heart into shreds and now you play with Kris's'' All of the girls shout in agreement.

''You should know your place!'' A girl screams. Now the classroom was a disaster, with chairs and desks everywhere.

''Chet! You guys better know me by now!'' I smirk, ''Who haven't I toyed with?''

Every word I said ticked off all the girls. They grabbed me by the arms smashed me into the closest thing to me which happened to be the window which started to crack. I could see people staring up at our floor saying things that I couldn't hear. I also saw EXO-M. A male student was whispering something to one of the members. When the student left, they all looked up noticing the fight between me and the girls. The girls slammed me against the window again, causing the window to break due to the impact and I could feel my body losing balance. The breeze of the winter air hit me as I started to fall out of the room. The girls in the room backed away seeing me fall. People outside started to scream. I fell through the cold air, landing on top of a bush which was covered by a think layer of snow.

The impact was soft which didn't cause me to faint but I groaned in pain. I stood up, ''Those crazy fans!'' I said with my hand on my head.

I fall to the ground landing on my and I just sit there not able to stand up. Blood drip down my face and back, causing the snow around me to turn red. I had cuts all over my back. The glass and the impact from the fall cut through my leather jacket. The people around me gaped in surprised, no one willing to help me.

I stood up slowly as I can, the dizziness almost taking over me slowly. EXO-M came over to me. Kris and Luhan come over to my side and try to support me. I jerk them back, and then put my hand against my forehead from the headaches. ''Don't touch me!'' I yell at them, which wasn't helping me with the pain. I tip and start falling until a pair of hands grabs my waist. 

It was Luhan. He picked me up bridal style. ''I said not to touch me!'' I try to push him off but I couldn't with my weak body. 

''Just stay still.'' he said coldly. I stayed quiet and he took me to the school's medical room and dropped me off a bed and just left. Five minutes later, the nurse came in. 

''My god! What happened?'' she asks me frantically as she gets the bandages and medicines.

''I fell out from the 2nd floor window...'' I say, drifting off to sleep.

~

I wake up to a white room. I sat up and I noticed that I was in the hospital. 'Damn!' I thought to myself. I got out of the room and went over to the nurse's desk. ''Miss Han, you woke up. Please go back to your bed. We need to do a check up.''

''I want my discharge papers.'' I say quietly.

''We need to do your check up first.'' The nurse repeats.

''Give me my damn discharge papers!'' I yell, slamming my fist to the desk.

The nurses jump, ''Well I'm sorry but we need your guardian to sign you off.'' The nurse reply, startled from my action.

''Well, where the hell is my guardian?'' I forcefully ask.

''Right behind you.'' I turn around to see Luhan and his group members.

''Why the hell are you my guardian?!'' I demand. He doesn't answer.

''Whatever! Sign my papers and screw off!'' I tell them, walking back into my rooms.

''Give me the discharge papers please.'' Luhan asks.

''She needs a checkup first.'' The nurse says

''She will be fine.'' Luhan says coldly and glares at the nurse. The nurse gives him the paper, scared, ''Thank you.'' He signs the paper and gives it back to her.

EXO-M comes inside the room. ''These crazy people! They ripped all my clothes up!'' I yell. I take what is left with is the tattered up leather jacket and boots. I put them on over the hospital gown. I stare at the group of boys by the door pushing them aside and murmur things, ''Worthless bastards.'' A part of me hurt as always as I said all those hurtful words. Especially to Luhan.

I walk out of the hospital, almost freezing. The hospital was about an hour walk to my dorm, mostly due to the snow on the road. I sighed and started walking. I heard a honk from behind and a car stopped in front of me. ''Get in.'' Kris told me.

I scoffed and continued walking, ignoring them. ''I said get it!'' Kris said again.

''Who are you? My mother?'' I said as a grab a pile of snow and throwing it to his face. s just laugh at him.

''Stop being a child and get in.'' This time it was Luhan, ''It's freezing out.''

A part of me told me to get in, but I didn't hold back, ''Over my dead body.'' I say coldly before turning at a street corner where cars couldn't get by.

I sigh, ''Luhan...''

~

It was a Sunday. Three weeks has passed from the incident and EXO-M ignores me as usual. Everything was the same as before. 'I sure wish that I took the chance to be with Luhan more when he offered me a ride.' I thought.

I lie in my bed looking through my old scrapbook. It had pictures of me when I was back in the U.S. I slam the book and throw it to the ground. ''Why did my make this choice?'' A drop of tear roll out of my eye, ''I was better off before I make this choice.''

I look over and see the calendar and see that it is the 23rd of December. Two days before Christmas. Luhan quickly came into my mind. ''I wish I could spend Christmas with him.'' I mumble to myself

I walk out of my room wearing black leggings and a sweater dress with a light scarf. I walk over to his room and knock on the door.

The door opens and a flood of laughter rushes out. Luhan opened the door. His bright face disappeared as soon as he saw me, ''What do you want?'' he said in a cold tone which made me a little sad.

''Can I talk to you alone?'' Luhan rolled his eyes at the question and closed the door. 

He looked at me, ''You aren't going to ask me out for Christmas or anything.'' He saw right through me and it seemed that he noticed it too.

He smirks, ''Chet!'' He turned around and was about to enter his room again.

I grabbed his wrist, stopping him, ''Please?'' I ask.

''No.'' Luhan answers me back.

''Why?'' I ask again, this time in Chinese.

''How'd you know Chinese?'' he suddenly asks.

''I may be what people think I am, but I am not stupid!'' I answer. ''Answer me.''

''My answer is a no,'' he answers.

I head swoops down, ''Why...'' I say, disappointed by the answer.

The door to his room opens and members of his group's head pop out. ''Luhan-ge! What are you...'' Tao's voice trails off as he sees me and gives me glares along with the other members.

''You should know why. It only happened 3 years ago around this time of the year.'' He whispers back.

I still clearly remember what happened, and I regret it. ''I regret it.'' I tell him. ''I regret everything. I regret coming to Korea in the first place but it is nothing I could change.'' I coldly say as I leave the scene.

 

EXO-M's POV

 

''Let's go back in.'' Luhan says few moments after Seolhee leaves.

''What happen between you and Seolhee anyway,'' Kris questions.

''You should know. She does the same thing to everyone. Including you.'' Luhan points out to Kris.

Luhan enters his bathroom, ''I'm taking a shower.''

''What really happened?'' asks Kris again.

''You lucky the fact that she wasn't harsh with your break up.'' Chen says.

Xiumin chuckles, ''Chen's right, she just simply dumped the softest way, which quite surprised me.''

Lay adds, ''You's is nothing compared to Luhan's. At least you took your break-up well unlike someone.''

''What did she do to Luhan?'' Kris wonders.

~

''What?'' Luhan says, surprised by Seolhee's words.

''I told you!'' Seolhee smirks, ''I'm dumping you!'' Luhan drops to the ground clutching Seolhee's hands. Tears drop out of his eyes.

''Consider this my early Christmas present.'' Seolhee says with a smile, ''You look too feminine~ Did I mention you act like a kid too much? Get rid of those useless aegyos and try to be a man for once will you? Plus, I was toying with you. I was bored and you were the first person in sight! Nevertheless, you only did fall only for my looks~ Tsk tsk. Guys. childish as usual. Only falling for looks.'' then she quietly mumbled to herself, ''You probably would have ignored me if you saw me 2 years ago.'' 

She takes off the ring on her finger and take out a keychain from her pocket, ''See this?'' Luhan looks up at her hand, with tears blocking his sight, only to see a sparkle at the tips of her finger. ''This is you to me.'' Seolhee throws the ring and the keychain in to the cold pond.

''No!'' He jerks up. Luhan lump into the freezing cold water dipping his hand down to find the long gone items. Seolhee dials a number.

''Hey~ Lay~ You better come to the Central Park, near the pond before your friend here freezes to death, bye~'' Seolhee closes the her flip phone and turn to Luhan. ''Sweetie~ Stop trying. It's useless! It will only hurt you.'' With that, Seolhee leaves Luhan.

Luhan ignored her words and still searches for the ring and keychain. 

10 minutes has passed, ''LUHAN!'' Lay yelled. ''Are you crazy?!?! It's -15 degrees out, snowing! Do you want to freeze to death?!'' Lay jumps in the water to drag Luhan out. The water pierces Lay's skin due to the coldness. ''How can you stand this cold?!''

''Leave me alone! I need to find it! It was the first gift I gave to her! It was our 1st year anniversary ring!'' Luhan wailed as his tear drops freezes on his face, ''I need her!''

''Give it up already!'' Lay screams as he drags Luhan out of the water. ''You will end up dying if you stay in here any longer!''

''So let me die!'' Luhan croaks as he struggle to break free from Lay's grasps.

''You are coming with me!'' Lay drag him to his car locking him in the back seat. Lay gets Luhan a blanket from the trunk and turn up heat in the car to warm him up as much as possible. Through the whole car ride to Lay's house, all he could hear was Luhan weeping.

Luhan ends up crashing to sleep even before he could take his wet clothes off and dry his hair. Lay changes his clothes for him and tuck him to bed. Lay's heart broke as he saw his friend in this state.

~

''He was sick for two weeks straight with a fever of 100 F.'' Lay continues. ''It was about 3 years ago, I believe.''

Kris's eyes widen, ''We all hate her.'' Chen says.''

''We tried to stop you from getting close to her.'' adds Tao

''I'm sorry'' Kris says, regretting the meeting Seolhee, and actually falling for her.

''Well we can't change everything now.'' says Xiumin, ''Dude, who wouldn't fall for her looks. She is stunning.''

''Well, Luhan really did fall for her heart and not her beauty. His love was really sincere.'' says Lay quietly.


I decided to make this a two-shot. Though I could make it into one chapter but I want to just end it. I will put up the final chapter tomorrow! Please comment and subscribe and tell me what you think!