Porcelain Dolls

Porcelain Dolls

 

“Changmin, this is stupid!” Kyuhyun groaned out, stumbling after the other clumsily who had managed to drag the gamer away from his precious games. “You know I hate shopping.” He muttered, jerking his arm out of the other’s grasp just so he could zip up his jacket to protect himself from the bitter cold of winter.

“Do I now?” the taller snorted, opening a door to a small antique-like shop, the small bells above the door ringing loudly to announce the presence of new customers.

“You’ve known me for five years, so yes, yes you should.” Kyuhyun huffed, entering the shop after the other.

“If only you’d step away from your games and tell me a little more about yourself, I’d—Oh hey! Siwon! Long time no see!” Changmin started off but the subject soon changing once he saw the shop owner.

Kyuhyun made a face at his friends back before peering over his tall shoulders to see a somewhat charming male that stood from behind a counter.

“Changmin! Wow, yeah. It has been quite a long time!” The other said in genuine surprise and approached the two. The two reunited friends immediately started a deep conversation about how their lives have been, leaving Kyuhyun alone feeling awkward, so he decided to look around a little.

He found himself standing in an old shop filled with dolls of all types; wooden dolls, plastic dolls, stuffed dolls, all kinds of dolls! To say that Kyuhyun felt creeped out under those many gazes of the toys is an understatement.

“…so how are those porcelain dolls of yours doing?” the taller of the three asked.

“Oh lovely! They’re my most prized possession!”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow in slight interest as he discretely listened in to their conversation, finding nothing of his interest on display. Now dolls’ being a precious possession to someone is something new, especially for males.

“…I just adore how the pairs match so perfectly together. Love can bind even dolls together.” Siwon said almost dreamily.

Kyuhyun just snorted at such an idea as he stuffed his hands into his jean pockets, causing the other two to look over at him in curiosity.

“You must Changmin’s friend, Kyuhyun.” The store owned said, before stepping forward towards the shorter and stuck a hand forward. “I’m Siwon, Choi Siwon. I was Changmin’s childhood friend, but I moved away before middle school. I came back only just two weeks ago.”

Kyuhyun cleared his throat a little awkwardly before shaking the others hand firmly, embarrassed that he was caught eavesdropping.

“May I ask you why you….um…..doubt what I had just said about dolls?” Siwon asked, kindly changing his words so it didn’t come out so rude, unlike Kyuhyun.

“Well uh…I don’t believe in love.” Kyuhyun said.

“Why is that?”

“I feel like it’s a waste of time. It’s impossible to supposedly have your other half in this world, because there’s no one actually pairing you up with someone. I don’t believe in god, so it couldn’t possibly be him. Love is a burden. It’s an emotion and attraction that can’t be controlled no matter how hard you try. It is an instinct a self reaction that your body is telling you to go after that other person so you could sprout little babies with the other. Unless you’re homoual, because that’s a physical thing in your brain that can’t be changed.”

“You have a point there, Kyuhyun, but have you ever tried falling in love?” Siwon asked, Changmin now completely forgotten, left alone to wander around the shop like what Kyuhyun had originally done.

“No. It’s a waste of time.” Kyuhyun repeated.

An unreadable smile spread across Siwon’s face as he gestured for Kyuhyun to follow him somewhere. “Follow me, Cho Kyuhyun. Let me show you something.”

Kyuhyun followed the elder to the back of the store where Siwon pulled out a large, wooden antique box out. He gave the lid three light taps as if to acknowledge something inside of it, before gently opening the lid as Kyuhyun stood from the side, watching in slight interest.

“This here,” Siwon said, picking two porcelain dolls up. “Were my first dolls, Kangin and Leeteuk, also known as the couple, KangTeuk.”
One of the dolls was more wide set and masculine looking, while the other had a somewhat angelic air around it with a small, dimpled smile across its face.  “And these two,” Siwon said, setting the first pair back down into place in the wooden box that was lined with black velvet, and picked up another pair, “is Hanchul.” He finished, before setting that pair back down, and introduced 4 more dolls that were paired as EunHae, and MinWook.

“Each of these dolls has gone through a lot to find their soulmate. They were created to match with the other perfectly, although they were all created at different times.”

“Yo’re just trying to prove to me that love does exist, aren’t you?” Kyuhyun asked with a sigh. “It’s not working, and it never will.”

“Oh, no. Those weren’t my intentions! I respect your beliefs, so don’t worry. I just wanted to show you my prized collection!” Siwon said with a bright smile.

“Alright then…” Kyuhyun muttered, leaning back against the counter.
He wasn’t trying to be rude or anything, but many people have tried to prove and persuade him that love does exist. Changmin had even gone to the extreme of taking the gamer to a therapist, thinking that he had a psychological problem.

Kyuhyun peered down at the porcelain dolls in the box again, when he noticed one that Siwon had not introduced to him yet.
The doll was different from the others. Its hair was raven black, hanging loosely, almost messily across its face. Its skin was almost a snow white with only a very light blush on its cheeks. But what separated this doll from the other s is that he didn’t have another, he didn’t have a loved one, and also his eyes. Unlike the others, his eyes were dark, filled with such sadness and held a lonely, forlorn gaze.

“Who’s he?” Kyuhyun asked as he gestured towards the last doll, not knowing that he had just acknowledged a doll as if it was a person.

“Who? Him?” Siwon asked, pointing at a doll that Kyuhyun remembered as DongHae, the fish lover.

“No, the last one who doesn’t have a partner.”

“Ah, Yesung.” Siwon said, gently picking the doll up with so much care and gentleness. “Beautiful, soft-hearted Yesung. He’s my favorite, you know.”

“What about him? You didn’t tell me anything about him”

“Well, as you can see, he doesn’t have a partner. He always feels so lonely.” Siwon sighed; gazing into those sad eyes of the doll’s as if they could tell him everything. “Do you know how long he’s been waiting? He’s my last doll of this collection.”

“Uh…..2 years? Maybe 4?” Kyuhyun said, making a rough guess by the dolls still new appearance.

“50.” Siwon corrected, setting it back down into the box gently.

“Days?

“No. Years.”

Kyuhyun’s elbow slipped off the counter top in surprise as he half choked on air. “50 years?! But…it…still looks so new.” He stammered.

“That’s because I’m a good caretaker for them.” Siwon boasted jokingly, before closing the lid and latched it shut, Kyuhyun’s eyes following his every move.

“Sorry to interrupt your guys’ bonding moment, but I think we have to go now.” Changmin said, appearing out of nowhere to stand next to Kyuhyun, causing the shorter latter to jump back in surprise. “It’s nice seeing you again though, Siwon.”

“Drop by again some other time? We still have a lot to catch up on.” The store owner smiled.

“Of course! I’m free Friday!”

Kyuhyun stopped listening in to their conversation for he was busy staring at the cherry wood box Siwon still had out. The box seemed to call out to Kyuhyun, begging for his attention to take care of it and treat it with love, as odd as that may sound.

“Kyu? Kyuhyun-ah. CHO KYUHYUN!”

“Huh—what?” the boy jumped, snapping out of his daze.

“Let’s go. I’m sure you want to resume back to your game of Starcraft, eh?” Changmin said, turning to leave.

“Um….yeah. Starcraft.” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath, turning a little too, but his eyes lingered for a bit longer on the box.

That small action was not left unnoticed by Siwon.

Before Kyuhyun and Changmin had made it out of the store yet, Siwon called for them back.
The said latter stopped by the door and turned to look at the elder questioningly.

“I want you to have this.” He said, sticking the familiar wooden box forward towards the younger as Changmin’s jaw dropped.

“You what?!” The younger two said in sync.

“I want you to have it. I’m only here to take care of them, but you, Kyuhyun, I think you can complete this collection.” Siwon said, gently handing the somewhat light box to the other who was still recovering from shock.

“But you treasure these like your own children, Siwon!” Changmin said.

All Kyuhyun could do was nod furiously in agreement. Although Kyuhyun doesn’t seem to know much about Siwon, the boy could still see how much Siwon treasured these dolls by the way he looks at the dolls.

Siwon just shrugged once and leaned back against the doorway. “I think these will have a better meaning in Kyuhyun’s care.”

“But….I just can’t….have them.” Kyuhyun said in confusion.

“But they are respectfully yours originally.” Siwon smiled.

A confused expression crossed over the younger’s face as he shifted the box a little in his arms.

“I’ve created their paths, but now it’s up to you to create their destiny.” Siwon said, giving the lid a light pat before smiling again. “Take good care of them, I trust you.”

“I….” Kyuhyun was lost at words. These weren’t just normal dolls. The dolls were so intricately designed with such unique and accurate details. These could cost a fortune. “Thank you. I will take care of them.” He said quietly, hugging the large box tightly to his chest.

Siwon smiled in satisfactory and waved bye to the two of them, and Kyuhyun turned to walk away with the box in arms, only to notice that ChangMin wasn’t following. He turned back to see the taller still gaping at Siwon who just stared at the other quizzically. Kyuhyun sighed and grabbed his friends arm and dragged him away.


Once Kyuhyun was in the comforting confines of his room, and Changmin was back at his own home after getting over his initial shock, Kyuhyun gently set the wooden box down on his bed lightly.
He let his long fingers glide across the smooth cherry wood, memorizing its large shape and round corners, before gently opening the lid to it.

He was greeted with the familiar pairs of faces, smiling up at him, the small porcelain bodies fit snug in the soft black velvet. Each pair laid in separate, rectangular grooves that were carved into the wooden box to the pairs were separated from each other.

Kyuhyun gently picked the first pair up, KangTeuk, to inspect them a little more,, when he noticed a slip of paper that the dolls were set on top of.
He raised an eyebrow in curiosity as he set the two dolls down onto his bed, and picked the small piece of paper up to see a poem written on it.

My other half now holds my heart, we could never be apart.
We may not be a likely match, but as they say, opposites attract
.”

He read the poem out loud, only to scoff right afterwards.
“Cheesy.” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath. Of course it was a love poem, what else did he expect?

“Hey, don’t judge us just yet.” A voice said.

Kyuhyun jumped at the voice and quickly grabbed the nearest thing he could find that could be used as a weapon, which happened to be his turtle snow-globe.

“Wh-Who’s there?” He stammered out, glancing cautiously around his room. “H-Hello?” he tried again when there was no response.

“Hi!” A foreign voice spoke out again, but this time, it was another voice.

Kyuhyun immediately tensed up, his hair rising up on its ends. His eyes scanned the room again nervously, his hands that were clutching the snow-globe, trembled in fear.

“Behind you, boy.”

Kyuhyun spun around and threw the snow-globe blindly with a high, somewhat girly scream.

“Whoa, calm down there! Broken glass is very dangerous!” The stranger said, catching the sissy-thrown item.

“What do you ant from me?” The boy squeaked out, scared out of his mind.

“Nice to meet you too. I’m Kangin.” The other said, taking a step closer to the boy after setting the snow-globe back down on his night stand.

“K-Kangin? As in the…..doll?” Kyuhyun asked, his eyes wide with fear as he took in the familiar masculine build.

“Nooo….”the man retorted back sarcastically. “We’re burglars, now hand over all your money. While you’re at it, how about your house contract too?”

All Kyuhyun could manage out was a very high squeak of fright.

“Oh Kangin, don’t be so rude. Can’t you see he’s scared?” Another joined in, gently pulling the large-built man back a little and leaned closer to the frightened boy. “I’m Leeteuk. Don’t mind Kangin, he’s just a big brute.” The other man said kindly, flashing Kyuhyun a familiar dimpled smile.

“Now, if you don’t mind, how about reading the other poems too? I’m sure the other’s are desperate to stretch put those stiff limbs of theirs.” Kangin said as he stretched his arms out in front of him.

“No.” Kyuhyun said immediately, glancing between the two.

“Excuse me, what?” Kangin said with a somewhat offended expression on.

“No.” The boy repeated firmly.

“Why not?” Leeteuk frowned.

“B-Because. I don’t know if you guys are a threat to me or to society in general. Hell, I might as well be dreaming right now. Dolls don’t just simply come to life”. Kyuhyun said, frantically pinching all over his arms to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. “This is all just a dream. I’m going to slap myself and wake up to an empty room, all alone.

Kyuhyun shut his eyes tightly before bringing his right hand down harshly across his cheek, and opened his eyes again while rubbing at his now stinging cheek, only to be greeted by two pairs of eyes, staring at him curiously.

“How’s that working for you?” Leeteuk asked quietly.

“I’m still dreaming.” The boy breathed out.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Kangin offered, raising a hand to hit the boy but was stopped by the other man.

“Don’t. He’s just having a hard time coping with this.” Leeteuk said, the boy visibly flinching when the large man raised a hand to attack.

“Kyuhyun, right?” Leeteuk asked softly, and the boy nodded numbly.

“Please finish reading the poems. Once you have released us all, we can all explain to you what’s happening. I know you’re confused and scared, but I promise you that we will not cause you or anyone else any harm or problems.”

Kyuhyun swallowed hard before nodding once after a minute of internal battle. If this really is a dream, might as well play along with it. He reached out and gently picked up the second pair of dolls, HanChul, and read their poem out loud.

Our love will not dull, for we’ve bounded our soul.
We balance out, black and white, to make for a perfect life.

After he finished, two more appeared and the four “dolls” started to father around his bed in a circle as Kyuhyun gaped at them.

“Well go on now you moron. I know I’m pretty, but you don’t need to stare like that. It’s not nice or polite to do that.” A man with cat-like eyes and long hair snapped.

“Ignore him.” The man said from beside him in broken Korean, and gestured for Kyuhyun to continue.

The boy picked up the next pair numbly, EunHae, and read their poem.

No other for me, he is all I sea.
Though childish at times, we still love each other.
Our playful ways bring us closer to one another
.”

Two more, of course appeared and joined the circle around his bed.

“Oh it’s so great to be moving again, Hyukkie!” A caramel haired male grinned, grabbing his blonde partner’s hand who smiled back in response.

Kyuhyun reached for the last pair and read their poem.

Joined together as a pair, we found each other when no one else was there.
Cute and sweet together we stand, bound forever, hand-in-hand.”

“Neat room.” A bunny-like boy grinned at Kyuhyun, taking the hand of a timid looking boy from next to him, also joining the circle, finally closing the large circle around his bed.

Kyuhyun looked back into the box where the last, lonesome doll lay. He was afraid to read this dolls poem. He anticipated it. He felt like something would change once the last words of the poems left his lips.

When the boy made no move to pick the last doll up, Leeteuk put a gentle hand on his shoulder in encouragement.

“Go on.”

With shaking fingers, Kyuhyun gently picked the last doll up, and read its poem out loud.

I stand alone like a single tree, no one to comfort me.
 I’ve searched for one to call me theirs.
‘They’ll come’ they say, but where oh where?”

He looked back up again after he finished the last line when he noticed that no one appeared next to him, but instead, there laid a small figure on the center of his bed, curled up tightly, its face obstruct from view.

Kyuhyun gazed up at Leeteuk questioningly, wanting some help and guidance in this confusing situation.

“Wake him. He’s been dormant for so long now, waiting for his lover.” Leeteuk said softly, gesturing towards the still figure.

“I-I’m not his l-lover…..am I?” Kyuhyun asked quietly, turning back to look at the sleeping figure.

“Well that’s up to you, Kyuhyun. Wake him up first, and decide afterwards when we have told you everything.”

“I don’t have to kiss him, do I?” Kyuhyun asked with a frown.

“Not unless you want to. Just call out his name.” DongHae sniggered in amusement.

Kyuhyun, of course, chose not to kiss the other, and leaned in close, gently pulling the others arms away from its face. But when Kyuhyun got a full view of the other face, he immediately regretted his decision when he felt his breath hitch in his throat and his heart rate pick up rapidly.
His body seemed to stop functioning right and his finger tips that were in contact with the sleeping figure, tingled with what seemed to be want.

Kyuhyun could feel his face heat up in a slight blush as he took in the others appearance.
His skin was porcelain pale, just like when he was a doll, and is definitely soft at the touch.  His lips were a soft pink formed in a slight, natural pout. His lashes were thick and dark, casting small crescent shadows upon his round cheeks.

Kyuhyun finally found his strength to breathe right again, but each breath was quick and trembled ever so slightly every time he breathed inwards. But what is this he is feeling?! Cho Kyuhyun has never experienced this before!

A soft clearing of someone’s throat snapped the boy out of his odd haze, and he quickly shook his head to clear his mind.

“….Yesung.” Kyuhyun called out softly, remembering the unique name that left Siwon’s mouth when he told Kyuhyun about the dolls.

The other began to stir right after the name left Kyuhyun’s lips, his small fingers twitching a little, soon followed by the fluttering of his eyelids.

The two’s eyes immediately met when the other finally regained full consciousness, and Kyuhyun found himself lost in those dark brown eyes.

They were beautiful.
Simple as that.

His eyes shone with life, curiosity and pure innocence that all Kyuhyun wanted to do was sweep the other in his arms and protect him from the cruelty of the real world.

Once Kyuhyun managed to tear his gaze away, the other sat up slowly, wincing a little since he hasn’t moved in so long.

“Alright. Explain. Now.” Kyuhyun demanded, sliding off of the bed to glare at every single one of them.

“Don’t you want to hug Yesung at least?” DongHae said with puppy eyes as the other ‘dolls’ helped the weak boy up from the bed.

Kyuhyun glanced at the other male who had just woken up, before looking away again. “No.” he said simply.

A flitter of different emotions crossed over Yesung’s face at the rejection but a gentle hand on his shoulder from Heechul stopped him from doubting furthermore.

“I’ve done my side of the deal. Now it’s yours. Explain. All of you.” Kyuhyun said sharply.

“Well…..where should we start?” Sungmin frowned.

“The beginning.” Kyuhyun snarled.

“We’re all human.” Heechul deadpanned.

“That’s not exactly how I’d put it, Heechul.” Leeteuk frowned. “Technically yes, we are human, but we were humans trapped in a dolls body. We are a set, a collection of dolls known as simply ‘LOVE’. It all started with me.” The elder sighed. “I was desperate for love. I had no one to show me love, or for me to love in general. That’s when I came upon a small doll shop. The store owner noticed how lonely I must’ve felt, so he offered to help me with anything. I told him about my problems and next thing I know, I became a porcelain doll.”

“Four years later, I came along with the same problem.” Kangin started, picking up after where Leeteuk left off. “I met the same store owner, and he offered to show me his first doll for his new collection called ‘LOVE’ when he noticed how I wandered with a dark, lonesome aura. I was intrigued by that one word, love, and so I agreed. But when I saw the doll, I fell in love with it. I told the owner how beautiful I thought of the doll, and how much I wished for someone to have the same, exact, kind and gentle pair of eyes the doll had. And then of course, I soon became a doll, just like Leeteuk.”

“That was the only way.” Sungmin said, bringing Kyuhyun’s attention to the other. “That was the only way for us to be together. If you had fallen in love with the doll, you would become one yourself. All of us have lacked some sort of attention or love, which had led us to becoming the dolls we are.”

“One may think that that was ridiculous, but to us, it was the best thing ever. Every night, at midnight, the store owner would release us, allowing us to bond with our partners until sunrise. But being in a dolls body, made us immortal. We could live forever until we are freed forever by someone who does not believe in love, which happens to be you, Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk said, continuing the explanation.

“But…I….. This is ridiculous! How old are you guys then?!” Kyuhyun said.

“Younger than thirty.” Hangeng said with a shrug.

“No! I-I meant your actual age!”

“Some of us are hundreds of years old, Kyuhyun. But we could now age, and live our lives like a normal human being now. Siwon can also reincarnate, or bend his age however he wants.” Leeteuk said.

“Wh-What about him then?” Kyuhyun said, pointing at the raven haired boy who has been silent throughout the whole explanation.

“He’s the last one of this collection. He was meant to be for the person who freed us, which is you. He was a young orphan, abandoned by his parents when he was two, during the Korean War. When he turned seven, he was sent to the military to train and serve for the war between the North and South. All the boys and men had to go, no matter how young or old. At age sixteen, he was overwhelmed by all the deaths and craved for some type of love. But he received none. Everyone in his camp received letters from their loved ones, their grandparents and or their parents, but he had no one. He was alone in the world. He was about to commit suicide by jumping off the side of the bridge and into the freezing waters of the Han River, when he was stopped by the doll owner. He pitied Yesung, even though Yesung refused to tell him why he was attempting to take his own life. Recognizing the familiar, lonely look in Yesung’s eyes, the man turned Yesung into a porcelain doll. But unlike us, he was never released at midnight because he didn’t have a partner. So for fifty years, he laid dormant as a porcelain doll, until now.” Heechul said, holding the young raven haired boy close. As much as Heechul hated to admit, he cared a lot for Yesung when he was a doll. Even though he never got to meet or talk to Yesung personally, every time at midnight when all of them were released, Heechul would gently take Yesung in hand and talk with the others with the porcelain doll in hand. Yesung was basically a little brother Heechul had never got to meet.

Kyuhyun’s eyes fell back onto the smaller male who was obviously avoiding his gaze. Did Kyuhyun love him though? How could he simply just fall in love with a porcelain doll?

“It’s up to you if you want to accept him as your soulmate or not. He has two poems with him; one to bind you two together forever and finalizes our freedom, and the other to release him from the soulmate principle that holds the two of your destinies together. “Leeteuk said, gesturing Yesung forward.

The boy obeyed, and Heechul released the younger so he could approach Kyuhyun who stood in the center of the room.

Kyuhyun watched as Yesung pulled two slips of paper out from each side of his jean pockets, and extended them forward, towards Kyuhyun.

“The one on the left is what will break your bond. The right one is what will bind you two together.” Leeteuk said.

Kyuhyun stared at the slips of paper, before looking back towards Leeteuk again. “What will happen once I break our bond?”

“I will strangle you to death and then rip all of your intestines out and feed them to the birds while I hang your lifeless body on a tree limb for everyone to see!”Heechul snarled, lunging forward towards the gamer, but was stopped by Eunhyuk and Hangeng.

“Yesung will become a porcelain doll again, but he will never be able to become human ever again. His soul will be released from the doll, and all he’ll be is an empty shell. We’ll all still be free, but Yesung. But I have to warn you of something. This may not be definite, but once you break him from the soulmate principle, you both will never find love again. Not even in your next life.” Leeteuk said.

Kyuhyun swallowed hard as he continued to stare at the slips of paper. His gaze moved up a little to look into Yesung’s brown eyes which were diverted down to the floor, away from Kyuhyun’s stare.

Kyuhyun slowly reached up, and grabbed the right poem, and studied it for a moment.
But to everyone’s horror, the boy ripped the poem in half, and then in half again, and then again until all that was left were small pieces of paper that floated slowly down to the ground.

“I’ll kill you, you bastard!” Heechul screamed, lunging forward again but was stopped once again by Eunhyuk and his lover.

Kangin looked about ready to smash Kyuhyun’s head into a wall, but Leeteuk held him back by a gentle hand on his arm. “It’s his choice.” Leeteuk said to everyone.

By now, everyone could see that Yesung was trembling, as hard as he was trying to hold still. His head was hung low, staring with wide eyes at the scraps of paper that lay upon the wooden floors, tears b in his dark eyes.

Kyuhyun reached up again and took the last, remaining poem from the small, trembling fingers, and brought it up to eye level.

And to seal this love to rise above, I bring you closer to my heart and promise us we’ll never be apart.”

Kyuhyun said aloud and everyone looked at him in confusion as he ripped up the last poem too.

Yesung looked back up at Kyuhyun with wide eyes, not exactly understanding the situation, but Kyuhyun just smiled at the smaller male and folded him into his arms.

“I’m willing to take this love.” Kyuhyun whispered softly in Yesung’s ear, before pulling back a little, only to press his lips delicately against the other’s frozen ones. The kiss was soft, sweet, and filled with innocence as their lips moved in slow unison. Kyuhyun would like to ignore the part of ‘awkward’ being in it since it is their first kiss.

“Group hug!” DongHae called out cheerfully, but was obviously stopped when the two that were kissing weren’t attacked by everyone else.

“Group kiss then?” Donghae asked in a small whisper.

Kyuhyun finally pulled back away from the kiss to regain his breath only to press his forehead lightly against the others, gazing into the dark brown eyes that stared right back up.

“Teach me about love, guys. I’m still new to this.” Kyuhyun grinned, not bothering to look up since he knew everyone was listening and watching them.

“Group hug!” Donghae called out again right when Kyuhyun pressed his lips back down to the other males. This time, everyone did gather around and pulled each other into a large, somewhat suffocating hug with the new couple in the center of them all.


To say that it was hard to organize everything for Kyuhyun was an understatement. Since all these people appeared out of nowhere, it was a little troublesome, rooming wise. Kyuhyun had his own house since his mother is a lawyer and his father is the president of one of Korea’s top trading companies, so money was not a problem for him. He had two guest rooms, which HanChul and KangTeuk took up. He did have another room, beside his own, but his younger, adoptive brother, Henry Lau, was currently living in that one. Luckily, Henry is moving out in 3 months since he was studying abroad for two years.

But that’s still three months for MinWook to room with his younger brother.

Where is Yesung staying, you are asking? Well Kyuhyun’s room of course! Being the possessive freak he is, Kyuhyun made sure Yesung was in his arms every night before bed. Although Kyuhyun still lacked a lot since everything was still so new to him like how he was suddenly bombarded with so many friends, and especially love. He didn’t know how to show his affection. He didn’t know how to make someone happy, let alone understand one’s feelings. Kyuhyun didn’t know anything!

But to Kyuhyun’s relief, Yesung was not the type to get easily angered or pissed off, although he is a bit on the sensitive side. But that was understandable, considering that he came from a dark era where any sort of affection was lacking.

All the couples have tried their best in helping and guiding Kyuhyun along on how to show his love properly towards Yesung, but Kyuhyun seemed to ruin it every time.

Hangeng suggested that Kyuhyun buy Yesung a necklace, because it would be a loving gesture, and that is what Kyuhyun did, but not succeeded. Instead of buying a diamond necklace, or a necklace with some sort of meaning, Kyuhyun bought a sapphire blue crystal turtle necklace for Yesung. Everyone face palmed at Kyuhyun’s stupidity, but Yesung found it adorable and accepted the gift with a kiss to the cheek.

DongHae and Eunhyuk suggested that the two of them go have fun at an amusement park, and then watch the fireworks at the end in the Ferris wheel.  That’s what Kyuhyun planned on doing, of course, but what ended up happening, is them coming back home, drenched in rain water before the day had even ended. Kyuhyun had picked a day when it surely was going to rain, being the fool he is and not checking the weather ahead of time. But Yesung was still happy in the end because Kyuhyun had won him a stuffed Kuma turtle plush from one of the games before it began pouring rain.

Ryeowook suggested that Kyuhyun made Yesung a surprise breakfast for when he woke up. Let’s just say Yesung that day went to the hospital with a burnt arm and Sungmin now has a mutated teddy bear plush, thanks to Kyuhyun slipping on it, and Leeteuk had some extra cleaning to do around the house.
But Yesung still loved Kyuhyun, saying that it was the effort put into it, not what follows afterwards. To Ryeowook’s relief, he was glad that Yesung didn’t actually eat the breakfast because otherwise, he would’ve been in the hospital for another reason, most likely E.Coli.

Kyuhyun was glad that everyone had tried to help him though, because he really was willing to do anything to make Yesung happy. He found himself falling for Yesung more by each day, especially whenever Kyuhyun did something stupid, or tried to be affectionate, Yesung would smile and press a soft kiss to his cheek or lips and whisper a soft ‘thank you’. He wasn’t sure if Yesung was thanking him for the many injuries he has given him, or genuinely thanking him for trying.

After those incidents, all the couples stopped trying to give anything too romantic for Kyuhyun to do, even going to the extreme of trying to plan something with Yesung together as a group of friends right on the day Kyuhyun had planned a date on, just to save Yesung from more injuries.

Heechul had even found a well-paying job at a café called ‘Mouse Rabbit’ as a Barista for Yesung, just so Kyuhyun couldn’t drag Yesung out to dates during the week days, and limit those injuries Yesung always seemed to get from their dates.

Kyuhyun, of course, wasn’t so happy about that, but he knew that the others were just trying to protect the raven haired boy. Kyuhyun would do that himself too, if it weren’t that he was also trying to make everything perfect for them both.

ChangMin later on finds out about Yesung, Kyuhyun’s precious little lover, only to say that he looked familiar, almost like one of Siwon’s dolls.
Kyuhyun just laughed boisterously and nudged Yesung a little for back up, but all the other did was smile shyly. But his smile did show some affect because the almighty ChangMin began to gush over his cuteness until Kyuhyun became possessive again and dragged his lover off, away from ChangMin.

Besides all the injuries and obstacles that the other’s had purposely built, Kyuhyun and Yesung’s love life was almost perfect.

Almost.

There was something that Yesung was hiding from Kyuhyun. Yesung sometimes took long showers or baths, and Kyuhyun was completely fine with it because it’s normal to do so, but when Kyuhyun realized why he was in the bathroom for so long, he was horrified.

All of them were gathered around the TV, watching some drama that Donghae had picked out for them to watch, except for Yesung who was in the shower. But halfway through the drama, Leeteuk noticed that everyone was half-asleep, so he turned off the TV and motioned, or more like demanded that they all go to bed. They all obeyed the elder, not wanting to argue with Leeteuk, and they all headed back towards their room.

Kyuhyun immediately collapsed onto his bed lazily and snuggled beneath the cool covers, but was unable to sleep because today was one of Yesung’s long shower days. Kyuhyun had gotten the habit of not being able to sleep without Yesung in his arms. He missed it when he didn’t need to depend on Yesung to sleep, but yet he felt like that Yesung is a part of him now, and he’s glad to have him there to depend on.

He was about to close his eyes and try to sleep when he noticed that Yesung had forgotten his towel. It wasn’t the first time that this had happened, but it was usually Yesung who called for Kyuhyun to fetch it for him after his shower, and Kyuhyun would gladly comply, wanting to get a glimpse of his lover only to be shoved out immediately and called a ‘ert’ from his blushing boyfriend before Kyuhyun could even see an inch of exposed skin.

Not wanting Yesung to bother peeking his head out and calling for Kyuhyun to fetch it for him, Kyuhyun decided to take it to him without being asked instead, and slid out of bed, grabbing the towel and headed towards the bathroom.

He raised a hand to knock lightly on the door just to be polite, as tempting as it may have sounded to just barge in, but froze when he heard an unusual sound from within the bathroom. It was sort of a sniffle….and then a hiccup. Is he crying?!

“Yesung?” Kyuhyun called out softly, and he heard the sounds stop abruptly. “Yesung, you alright?” he asked, worry laced in his voice.

“I-I’m fine, Kyu-ah.” Came a timid reply, and Kyuhyun seemed to relax a little. Kyuhyun’s nickname from Yesung always had some sort of affect on him.

“I’ve got your towel here, I’m coming in.” Kyuhyun said and opened the door before the other could stop him.

“No! Kyu don’t—“

“Yesung?” Kyuhyun said in slight horror as he took the other’s appearance.

“Don’t look at me.” Yesung sobbed out, wrapping his arms protectively around his petite frame.

The towel slid from Kyuhyun’s hands in shock as he took a step closer to the other. “Yesung? What is this?” he asked.  Covering his lover’s pale body, were scars and bruises. There were two along his upper arm, another down by his lower abdomen, two along his ribs and bruise on his chest and legs that seemed to be there for forever and is still trying to heal. But what scared Kyuhyun the most was a scar that ran from the left side of Yesung’s shoulder down to the right side of his hip. It looked like an old scar, only now just a faded red line across his back. The scars and bruises from war lived through all these years, because he’s been in a dolls body for so long.

“Are those—?”

“Get out, Kyuhyun-ah. Get out!” Yesung cried, trying to push the other boy out of the bathroom as he picked the towel up and tried to cover his body up, but Kyuhyun stood his ground.

“No, Yesung, stop!” Kyuhyun said, pulling the crying boy into his arms. “Tell me; are these scars from the war? Is this why you are afraid to get intimate with me? You’re afraid of me finding out, aren’t you?”

Yesung just let out a small sob and struggled to pull away from Kyuhyun but the other held on tightly.

“Stop it! Yesung! Look at me!” Kyuhyun said sharply, grabbing the boys face and tilting it up so their eyes met. “Why are you hiding these from me?”

“I’m afraid…” Yesung whimpered, finally stopping his movements as tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Oh my love…” Kyuhyun breathed out softly, gently pulling the boy tightly into his arms, wiping the tears away with his hand. “Why? Why are you so afraid?”

“I’m afraid that you don’t want me. You’ll feel disgusted every time you see them and you’ll hate me. They’re ugly….. I don’t want them….you’ll hate me. What if I scare you away with these marks? I can’t lose you, Kyuhyun-ah, not when I finally get my wish.” Yesung sobbed, struggling to cover his body again, but Kyuhyun pulled him flush against his chest and pressed his lips softly to Yesung’s forehead, freezing his movements.

“Yesung, don’t be stupid. I love you! I’ll always love you, no matter how you look, or what you’ve been through, I’ll always love you. “Kyuhyun whispered brokenly, feeling his own tears sting at his eyes. He felt slightly offended that Yesung would ever doubt Kyuhyun’s love just because of a few marks on his body. “I love you for who you are, and if those scars are a part of you, then I love them too.”

When Yesung gave no response and just cried his heart out in Kyuhyun’s arms, that’s when Kyuhyun knew that the other had finally stopped struggling and hiding. He gently ran his long fingers through the other’s soft black locks, whispering soft words of comfort as he gently wrapped the towel around his lover to keep him warm.

Little did the two notice the group of friends gathered outside of the bathroom, listening in to their worries and troubles.

That was a life changing event for both Yesung and Kyuhyun. With some help from the other’s, they slowly got Yesung to open up a little more, and prevented him from shying away or hiding now.
Kyuhyun and Yesung’s intimacy became more….well……intimate. 

Their first time, of course, was awkward for the both of them, but mostly nervous and scared on Yesung’s part.
No matter how many times Kyuhyun tells him that he should not worry about his scars, Yesung couldn’t help but to feel self-conscious about them.

 That night, their first time, Kyuhyun was willing to gently coax the other to open up for him, to allow him into his heart and to trust Kyuhyun. Once Kyuhyun managed to convince him of doing so the rest of the night was spent in bliss, lust, passion, and most definitely love.

The next morning though, was a little troublesome on Kyuhyun’s part when the diva of the household began to complain about someone being loud during their lovemaking, only to see a limping Yesung come out of their shared room. Heechul had punched the younger saying that he had “deflowered” his baby doll, and had “taken his innocence.” Yes, Kim Heechul really did do, and say that. All Yesung did, was watch in amusement and laugh from a distance as Kangin and Hangeng managed to wrestle Heechul off of the gamer.
Kyuhyun glared at his laughing lover as he clutched a bloody nose, but all was forgiven when Yesung pressed a light kiss to his cheek and whispered a soft ‘I love you’, to him.

For two years straight, all the couples lived in ultimate bliss, safe in each others presence, and had the other s to depend on as close friends.
But once those two years were over, Yesung’s worst fears seemed to come alive.
It may have been because of the stress Kyuhyun was receiving once he took up the spot as President in his father’s company, or it could just be that their relationship is failing in general.

Kyuhyun and Yesung spent less time together, less time to snuggle beneath the warm confines of their shared bed, and less time to see each other in general. Kyuhyun is a hard worker, everyone knew that, but little did they expect him to come home late because of OT meetings and oversea contracts.

Yesung would sometimes sit in the living room late at night, waiting for Kyuhyun to come home while everyone else went to sleep. Most of the time, Kyuhyun did come home, but he was always too tired to acknowledge the other male. He’d just take off his shoes and jacket and walk straight to the bathroom to shower as Yesung just watched after him sadly.
 

It was rare, very rare, when Kyuhyun would sometimes crawl into bed next to Yesung and gently pull him into his arms, pressing a soft, good night kiss to his lips before falling asleep. Those were the times that Yesung began to treasure most.
He’d spend his nights, watching the other sleep peacefully from next to him, the other’s long arms wrapped securely but gently around his waist. He’d gently run his short fingers through the brown locks gently, memorizing the boys handsome features, not wanting to forget.

The other’s had noticed the forlorn gaze returning to the raven haired males eyes, and began to confront Kyuhyun for it, but he was never there, or available long enough to listen to all of what they had to say. And that was a choice that Kyuhyun soon regretted most.

This continued on for three more years until one day, where not Yesung, nor was it Kyuhyun that snapped. It was Leeteuk.

All of them were gathered in the TV room, watching a movie called ‘Finding Nemo’ that DongHae, of course, picked out for them to watch, except for Kyuhyun, who was still at work.
But today was one of the rare days where Kyuhyun would actually come home a few hours early because of a finished contract.

Kyuhyun came home, and without even acknowledging any of them, headed straight for bed.
Heechul immediately got up from the couch to snap the boys neck in half for being disrespectful, but was stopped by Yesung.

“He’s just tired.” Was Yesung’s excuse for Heechul, but Leeteuk was not going to stand the younger’s bull .

No matter how tired or exhausted Kyuhyun is, he should at least acknowledge his own lover, the one who has always been by his side.

Leeteuk got up abruptly from the couch and grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm, stopping him from entering his room, and pulled him back into the living room where everyone watched them in surprise.

“What is it now?” Kyuhyun sighed exasperatedly.

“Oh, so you do want to hear the problem?!” Leeteuk snapped, pushing the boy forward causing the others to sort of spread apart so they don’t get hit by a stumbling Kyuhyun.

“What problem? “ Kyuhyun groaned, collapsing onto the couch.

“You.”

“What?”

“You. You are the problem.” Leeteuk yelled. “Why are you so ignorant? So oblivious!? Don’t you notice that we care for you, Kyuhyun? And yet you don’t even acknowledge us.”

“Alright, fine. I’m sorry for not thanking you for your care. Please, could I just rest now?” Kyuhyun said.

“No, because the one you should really be apologizing to, is Yesung.” Leeteuk said suddenly, grabbing the other who was hiding behind Heechul, and pushed him forward towards the other.

Kyuhyun looked up at Yesung who immediately took a step back and looked away from Kyuhyun’s gaze.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Why? Why, you are asking?! Oh Bull !” Heechul exploded, interrupting Leeteuk who was about to say something.  “Do you know how lonely he’s been feeling?!”

“But he’s got you guys!”

“But are we enough for him?! Are we his lover?! His soulmate!?” Heechul yelled, suddenly lunging forward and grabbed the boy by the front of his shirt, jerking him up so hard that he managed to actually lift Kyuhyun off the couch and throw him down onto the wooden floorboards.

“Heechul, don’t!” Yesung cried out, immediately running to his lover’s side, wanting to help him up, but Eunhyuk gently pulled Yesung away from Kyuhyun despite his protests.

Kyuhyun tried to get back up but Heechul shoved him back down before storming off somewhere to fetch something.

“Yesung?” Kyuhyun said in confusion, still not understanding why everyone was teaming up against him, even childish little DongHae.

The other just looked away with tears in his eyes, unable to explain this situation fully. If Kyuhyun can’t even realize his own mistake, who can ever put some sense into him?

Heechul finally returned again with a large cardboard box that Yesung immediately recognized and gasped, and tried to grab it out of Heechul’s grasp, but this time it was Kangin who held Yesung back.

“Look at me, you bastard.” Heechul spat and Kyuhyun glared up at the elder. “Here, have this!” Heechul said, chucking something at the boys head.

Kyuhyun cringed when something soft collided with the side of his head, to see a koala bear plushie.

“That, was meant to be given to you on valentine’s day.” Heechul said, before throwing a small box at Kyuhyun this time. “That, was meant to be given to you for Christmas.” A necklace of a pair of headphones fell out of the small box and slid to a stop right in front of Kyuhyun who was still sprawled on the floor. “This,” Heechul said, emptying the whole box down upon Kyuhyun, not caring if there was anything solid and or heavy. “Was all meant to be yours for your guy’s anniversary and for your birthday.”

“No, Heechul, stop!” Yesung cried out, struggling against Kangin’s hold. “Stop it!”

“I guess I should stop.” Heechul sneered. “This idiot doesn’t deserve any of these.”

Kyuhyun was still looking around in shock at all the items that were piled around him, before looking over at Yesung again. “I don’t get it?”

“You don’t ing get it?!” Leeteuk called out this time. “All this time, Yesung has been waiting for you! Each of these gifts and items represent every day and every moment you missed out on with your lover! He’s been collecting all of these, hoping that he could give it to you some day when you’d finally acknowledge him again! But you! Being the stupid fool you are, allowed the pile to slowly get bigger and bigger by each year because of your ignorance! You are—“

“STOP!” Yesung screamed, clamping his small hands over his ears. “Stop it! Stop!” he cried out uncontrollably, his small frame shaking.

“Shh….Yesung, it’s alright.” Heechul said, gently pulling the other into his arms, but the other shook him off roughly.

I’m the one that was foolish, alright?! Not him!” Yesung cried.

“Wh-What are you saying, Yesung?” Sungmin asked with a frown.

“I was foolish enough to believe that love really does exist for me! There’s no one left for me to love!”

“Yesung….” Kyuhyun said softly, getting up from the ground as realization finally hit him.

“I wasn’t meant to be loved. I was only there for war.”He cried brokenly, before looking over at Kyuhyun. “Why did you read the binding poem? Why?”

“Yesung….I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun whispered, putting a gentle hand on Yesung’s trembling shoulders, but the other flinched away at the touch as he looked up at him through his dark bangs. Once again, Kyuhyun saw the different emotions swim through his dark brown eyes, before he roughly shook his head and pushed everyone away, running out of the house.

“Go after him!” Ryeowook yelled, pushing Kyuhyun towards the front door where the other had disappeared through.

Kyuhyun ran out into the pouring rain in search of the other, calling out, begging for him to return, but he got no response. Not even running footsteps. Kyuhyun searched everywhere that he may think Yesung had run off to, but couldn’t find him anywhere. Out of desperation, he finally called for the others help who was more than willing to help him, but definitely angry that Kyuhyun had lost Yesung.

They searched all through town, calling out for him through the sheets of cold rain, but he was nowhere to be found.

But they had forgotten the place that Yesung had last visited before he became a doll; on a bridge, above the Han River.

He stood on the old bridge, staring down at the water that was hundreds of feet beneath him, watching as the water rippled with each drop that hit its surface. The cold rain mixed with the salty warm tears that trickled down his face, soaking his clothes and hair completely as he finally tilted his head up to stare at the dark sky, to see not a single star out for him to make a wish.

“I’m such a fool.” He whispered to himself, his small hands clutching so hard on the railing that his knuckles turned white. “I’m supposed to be dead long ago. Of course I don’t have a lover; I’m supposed to be dead.” He said, before slowly lifting himself up onto the ledge. “Kim Yesung’s supposed to be dead.” He continued to repeat to himself. “You’re not supposed to be loved. You have no parents. No family. So why would you have a lover?” He gently got up onto his feet so he was standing on the railing now, staring at the waters beneath him. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back tiredly, feeling the cold rain drop heavily upon his tear stained face, his small frame swaying gently with the wind, teetering on the very edge.

“What brings you here again, my porcelain doll?”

Yesung opened his eyes again at the new voice, before turning a little to see who the voice belonged to.
“Siwon.” He said quietly.

The other smiled softly and approached the railing. “What brings you here again, my doll?” he repeated.

Yesung looked away and stared down at the water beneath him again, the cold rain sliding down his neck and jaw before dripping down into the river beneath him. “I wasn’t meant for love.”

“That may be so. If that is what you think, I cannot stop you.” Siwon said. “I’m sorry that I have failed to find you love. You were my last piece to my collection, but I didn’t know it would end this way. I only created your paths; I cannot create your destinies.”

Yesung just turned to look over at the other again, and gave him a small smile. “It’s alright. You tried. I got to experience what love is like though, for a short time.” He sighed quietly and relaxed a little. “Maybe in a next life, I will find love.”

“Then your new life is just one step away.”

And that’s the one step that Yesung took.


The rain had finally stopped by the time the sun began to rise from beyond the horizon, but all of them were gathered in the living room, waiting for Yesung to return. They had searched all night long, and couldn’t find him in town anywhere.

Kyuhyun felt disgusted by himself for ever making that mistake of abandoning Yesung. He knew that Yesung had a dark mind that was always filled with thoughts that should never be dwelled upon.

Heechul and Leeteuk knew that Kyuhyun had finally realized his mistakes so they left him alone so he could punish himself.

Minutes slowly ticked by in silence when the phone suddenly rang, causing everyone to jump in surprise and Kyuhyun was the first to regain composure and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

The others watched in tense curiosity, but the boy only hung up with a sad expression. “telemarketing.” He muttered.

But not soon after that phone, the phone rang again. Kyuhyun picked it up again.

“Hello?”

Everyone watched as Kyuhyun suddenly tensed and froze after a moment, the phone slipping out of his grasp and hitting the floor. “I need a moment.” He said quietly, his voice cracking, before getting up unsteadily, and walked towards his room.

Heechul bent down to retrieve the phone to see that the other was still on. He put it up to his ears.  “Hello?”

“Hello, is this the Cho residence?”

“Uh…..Yes.”

“Hi, this is the Seoul Hospital that is calling you to inform you that Kim Yesung of the Cho household has died last night.”

After hearing that, Heechul quickly looked up and called out; “Kyuhyun!”

Immediately, all of them ran towards the other but it was too late; Kyuhyun out and collapsed onto the floor before any of them could reach him.


Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered open to see the familiar ceiling of his room. He sat up so fast that everything blurred before him.

“Yesung….” He murmured. “Yesung….Yesung….” he kept repeating searching blindly for the other to finally notice the presence of his friends.
He grabbed Hangeng’s arm who was the closest to the bed where he lay. “Yesung. Where’s Yesung? Where is he?!”He screamed, his fingers digging into the others arm.

“Kyuhyun, please, calm down.” Hangeng said softly, trying to pry off the younger’s iron grasp. “He’s…..He’s dead, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun’s hand dropped immediately. “No. Tell me you’re lying. You’re lying!”

“Kyuhyun, stop. He’s gone, alright? You’ve got to accept that!” Sungmin said, quickly reaching forward to hold the younger back when he lunged forward to attack Hangeng.

“Please, tell me he’s alive. Tell me he’ll be walking through this door right now! Bring him back!” Kyuhyun cried out desperately. “Bring him back…..I’m sorry….” He sobbed, curling up tighter on the bed. “I’m sorry….”

Later that day, when the younger finally calmed down a little, they all took him to the hospital. Kyuhyun didn’t say a single word the whole ride there, and the others didn’t try to strike up a conversation in such a dark mood either.

“He’s in there.” Eunhyuk said softly, gesturing towards a door that read 413.

Kyuhyun stared at the looming white door before him, afraid to know the truth that lies behind the door. He reached up with trembling hands and slowly turned the doorknob, opening it. He was greeted by the sight of white walls, a white bed, and white bed stand. Everything was so white.

“Yesung….”He whimpered, approaching the bed where a thin figure lies beneath crisp white sheets. He gently pulled the sheets away only to choke back a sob. “Yesung please….” He cried, gently caressing the pale, resting face of his deceased lover.

“It’s alright, Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk said in encouragement, appearing next to the younger.

“Bring him back, please hyung. Bring him back.” He sobbed, gently pulling the limp figure close into his arms, crying into the neck of his lover. “I’m sorry for what I’ve done. Why? Why can’t he just wake up like when we first met?”

“Because he’s dead.” Heechul stated bluntly only causing the younger to cry harder.

“Why did we have to end up this way?!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“Because you doubted love.”

Kyuhyun spun around at the familiar voice to see Siwon standing by the doorway. “What?”

“You doubted love. You both doubted love. I was hoping after your guys’ lives emerge, you both will understand what love is, and fully accept it. But no; each of you still held onto that sliver of doubt and pity in your heart, and over time, it wedges itself deeper into your heart, creating a larger wound that’s harder to heal.”

“No. No I didn’t. I didn’t doubt anything.” Kyuhyun whimpered clutching his deceased lover closer, threading his long fingers through the silky black hair to hold his head close to his neck.

“Now you’re just denying it.” The store owner said. “He loved you, so much. But that doubt within you allowed something to get between you two. You made a fake illusion that no matter what you do, Yesung will love you. But that only caused Yesung to hurt more, and the doubt to grow. He loved you. He loved you so much that it hurt him every day to see you come home.”

Kyuhyun cried his heart out after hearing that because it was all true. He had lied to himself, thinking that their love is strong enough, but it was still so weak. He had abandoned his lover and now there was no way in having him back.


A funeral was held for Yesung and everybody was present from ChangMin, to Kyuhyun’s family.

Kyuhyun was the most silent throughout the ceremony, and he never did do a speech either. He only just nodded, shook his head, and if the question was one he can’t answer with a small movement of his head, he just ignored it.

He disappeared right after the funeral, leaving the others to search for him, but thinking that he needed some time alone and will return later, they left early.

 But he never did.

For hours they waited, even days that eventually grew into weeks and months, the boy never returned. Nobody knew where he went. He just disappeared after the funeral, and never came back.

But little known to the world, in a doll owner’s shop, there lays a new porcelain doll with a lost gaze in his golden brown eyes and a single poem that came with it.

 

I had it all in the palm of my hand, but one mistake and alone I stand.
One loss was hard enough, I just want the pain to end.
But what I need is a new love, so I will search again.

 


 

A/N: Look guys! A new one-shot! I know the ending is more than just a little rushed, but I hope you guys like it! Please ignore any typos! This was sort of rushed to be posted up on Christmas. I'll be editing it soon though, so if there's funny grammar, point it out please.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!