Their Special Day

The Proposal (Christmas Style)

Christmas day. It was the day that had both shared every single year of the life. Seohyun and Kris had been best friends since the day they were both born. On Christmas day. It was the day the day they both confessed their feelings to each other. On Christmas day. It was a very special day to them. That’s why Kris chose to propose to her.

The following weeks he had contemplated on whether if it was the right time. They both were at the peak of their careers. Seohyun was recently promoted to the Chief of Staff position at the hospital. Kris had just scored a business deal with a rich foreign company. Seohyun and Kris would never speak of the future but always chose to live in the present, where the story begins.

Kris and Seohyun’s father sat faced to faced in a nice restaurant. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. His foot tapped against the floor. He was terrified. The waiter brought over their food, setting it out in front of them. Mr. Seo dug into his food immediately. Kris was too lost in thought to notice that the food was in front of him. Mr. Seo glanced up at Kris, wondering why he wasn’t eating.

“Kris-ah, why aren’t you eating?” Mr. Seo asked.

Mr. Seo’s voice pulled Kris back into reality.

“Huh?” Kris asked.

“I asked you why you weren’t eating.” Mr. Seo repeated.

“Oh…I see…” Kris picked up his fork and began to eat. Mr. Seo did the same. The two ate in silence. After they finished their food, they ordered dessert.

“Kris?” Mr. Seo called out.

“Yes?” Kris answered.

“I’m a bit curious…why did you call me out today?” Mr. Seo asked.

Kris’s heart began to accelerate.

‘Oh god..Oh god..Oh god..What should I say!? Should I ask him?! What will his answer be?! What if he says no?! !’ Kris began to freak out in his head.

Mr. Seo noticed Kris’s tension. “Kris, are you alright?”

“A-ah..Y-yes..I-I’m fine..” Kris stuttered.

“Is there something wrong?” Mr. Seo asked.

“N-No..” Kris stuttered again.

“Are things between you and Seohyun going alright?”

“Y-Yes…I think so…” Kris answered.

“You think so?” Mr. Seo asked.

“U-Uh..what I mean is…is that we’re great…” Kris replied.

“Oh I see. So why’d you call me out here today?” Mr. Seo asked.

“Well…” Kris took a deep breath. Then he opened his mouth to speak.

“WOULDYOUALLOWMETOTAKESEOHYUN’SHANDINMARRIAGE?” Kris asked all in one breath.

“Wait...What? Could you say that slower? I couldn’t understand you.” Mr. Seo asked.

Kris took another deep breath and squeezed his eyes closed tightly.

“Would you please allow me to marry Seohyun?” Kris asked.

His question was met with silence. Mr. Seo’s reaction unknown to him. His heartbeat quickened. ‘He’s going to say no…’ Kris thought to himself. He opened up his eyes. Mr. Seo stared at him in seriousness.

“You’re being serious right now…right?” Mr. Seo asked.

“Y-Yes..I love Seohyun with all of my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.” Kris replied.

“You won’t hurt her…right?” Mr. Seo asked.

“I would never hurt the woman I love.” Kris replied.

Mr. Seo smiled. “I look forward to you officially becoming my son.”

Kris was filled with joy. He jumped and bear hugged Mr. Seo.

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!” Kris screamed with excitement while hopping up and down.

“Haha! You’re welcome!” Mr. Seo laughed.

The hopping and hugging gradually stopped and the two separated. They both took their seats.

“Have you found a ring yet?” Mr. Seo asked.

Kris shook his head. “I’ve been looking but haven’t found anything.”

“I have a shop in mind.” Mr. Seo smirked to himself.

A week later…

Mr. Seo and Kris walked into a ring shop.

“This is the shop where I bought Seohyun’s mom’s ring.” Mr. Seo smiled.

The store manager came out and greeted the two men, giving Mr. Seo a hug. Mr. Seo and the store owner were best friends.

“It’s great to see you!” The store owner greeted Mr. Seo.

“You too!” Mr. Seo patted his best friend on the back.

“Is this the one you spoke about on the phone?” The store owner asked as he ushered at Kris.

“Yes. This is Kris, Seohyun’s boyfriend and hopefully her fiancée, which brings us here today.” Mr. Seo replied joyfully.

“Ah! Yes! Our shipments just came in today!” The store owner exclaimed.

Mr. Seo nudged Kris. “Looks like you’ll have a great variety to choose from.” Kris smiled.

“Follow me.” The store owner led them through the store to the back of it, where boxes of their shipments sat. The owner pulled out a knife and sliced open one of the boxes. He reached in and pulled out the items. He set them out and looked up at Kris. “There you go.” He said.

Kris knelt down and began to examine the rings. None of them pleased him. He wanted something that would be special. Something that represented their day. Then it hit him.

“Do you by any chance have a snowflake engagement ring?” He asked.

The owner nodded and led them back into the store. He opened up the glass box and pulled out a ring box. He handed it to Kris. Kris opened it and grinned. “I’ll take it.”

Winter began to approach and the weather began to get chilly. Christmas lights and decorations adorned the city of Seoul.

A couple of days before the proposal…

Seohyun sat in her office, tired. She done 5 surgeries and hadn’t slept for 24 hours. There was a knock at her door. She glanced up. One of her fellow doctors, Tiffany, stood in the doorway.

“There’s someone here for you.” Tiffany announced.

Seohyun sighed. “Who?”

“Your boyfriend. He said you promised him dinner?” Tiffany said.

‘Crap! I forgot all about our anniversary!’ Seohyun shouted in her head. She got to her feet abruptly. “Where is he?”

“He’s at the receptionist desk, waiting.” Tiffany replied.

“What time is it?” Seohyun asked.

“10. You might want to hurry up.” Tiffany warned.

Seohyun got to her feet, grabbed her coat, and walked down to the receptionist desk. Kris stood against the wall, waiting. Seohyun breathed deeply and walked to him.

“Sorry for making you wait.” Seohyun said.

Kris opened his eyes to find Seohyun standing before him.

“No problem. I would wait an eternity for you.” Kris responded sweetly. He held out his arm. “Shall we?”

Seohyun smiled and linked her arm with his. They walked outside where Kris’s car was parked. He opened up the door for Seohyun as she got in. He went over to the other side and slid inside. Kris had made reservations for them at an expensive restaurant. They arrived and were seated immediately in a secluded area of the restaurant. It was

“So how’s work?” He asked.

Seohyun heaved a sigh. “Long. I haven’t slept since yesterday night. I’m so tired and I’m sore.” Seohyun complained.

“Should I give you a massage?” Kris asked.

Seohyun laughed. “No. It’s okay. I’m fine.”

“Too bad. I’m going to give you one anyways.” Kris got to his feet and walked to Seohyun’s side. He slipped off her heel and began to massage her foot. Seohyun began to wiggle in protest.

“Stay still.” Kris commanded.

Seohyun stopped wiggling and let him massage her. After a while, Kris slipped off her other heel and began to do her other foot.

“Joohyun-ah, after this, I have to show you something.” Kris said.

Seohyun nodded.  Kris slipped back on Seohyun’s heels and headed to the bathroom to wash his hands. As he washed his hands, he stared at himself in the mirror.

“You’ve got this, Kris. You got this.” He chanted to himself as he smacked his cheeks.

He walked back out to the table to find Seohyun eating.

“I see you started without me. How kind of you.” Kris joked.

Seohyun looked up at him with a mouth full of food. “Sorry but you were taking too long.”

Kris chuckled and squeezed Seohyun’s cheeks. “Cuuteee!” He said childishly.

Seohyun groaned in protest. She chewed her food and gulped it down with water.

“Yah! You’re so childish!” Seohyun complained.

“Merong.” Kris stuck his tongue out at Seohyun.

“Aigoo..You need to be taught a lesson..” Seohyun said.

“Will you be the one teaching?” Kris asked seductively.

Seohyun blushed and kicked his feet under the table. “Just eat your feet so we can leave.” Seohyun commanded.

Kris chuckled one more and began to eat. Once the food was finished and the bill was paid, they walked outside to the car. When they got in, Kris said, “Joohyun-ah, I’m going to blind fold you.” He announced.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because I don’t want you to see where we’re going.” Kris replied.

Seohyun shrugged. “Just as long as you don’t me.”

Kris laughed. “It’s not if you like it.” He said playfully.

Seohyun once again blushed. “Just blindfold me already.”

Kris reached into his pocket and pulled out the cloth.

“OOO! Keroro blindfold!” Seohyun gasped with happiness.

“You never grow tired of that.” Kris laughed.

Seohyun giggled as well and closed her eyes. Kris reached over and tied the cloth around her head. He sat in the position for a couple more seconds to inhale her scent.

“Are you done?” Seohyun asked.

“Yep. Oh wait. One more thing.” Kris said.

“What?” Seohyun asked.

Kris pecked her lips.

“Yah! “ Seohyun screeched.

“I didn’t anything.” Kris said innocently as he started up the car and began to drive.

“Where are we going?” Seohyun asked.

“It’s a surprise.” He said.

The rest of the drive was nothing but silence. When they reached their destination, Kris got out and walked over to Seohyun’s side. He helped her out and shut the door behind her. Then Kris guided Seohyun to the surprise spot. When they reached the spot, Kris put his hands over Seohyun’s eyes and took off the blindfold.

“If I take my hand off your eyes, will you keep them shut?” Kris asked.

Seohyun nodded her head.

Kris snapped his fingers and took his hand off her eyes.

“Can I open up my eyes now?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes.” Kris answered.

Seohyun opened up her eyes to find this surrounding her:

Atlanta-Botanical-Gardens-Garden-Lights-

“Wow! How pretty!” Seohyun exclaimed.

“I know.” Kris bragged.

Seohyun hit him lightly. “Be quiet.”

Kris laughed.  “BOOM BOOM BOOM!” Seohyun and Kris looked up at sky.

“I didn’t know they had a firework show!” Seohyun said.

Kris just laughed nervoulsy. The time was almost near. Seohyun was clueless as to what was going to happen. Then the fireworks made words.

“Someone’s getting to proposed to! How sweet!” Seohyun smiled up at the sky.

Kris tugged at Seohyun’s sleeve. She looked away from the sky.

“What is it?” She asked.

He clapped and pointed at a direction. Seohyun looked to where Kris pointed. He quickly got down on one knee and clapped. Seohyun turned to  find Kris kneeling in front of her.

“What are you doing?” Seohyun asked.

Just on cue, more lights behind Kris saying:

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Seohyun covered in shock and begins to tear up. Kris took Seohyun’s hands into his and began:

Joohyun-ah, you have been my best friend my entire life. I was able to watch you become a beautiful woman, my woman. We’ve been through ups and down, twists and turns, and loopty loops. (Seohyun giggles) You were the first woman to make my heart beat fast. I will never love another like I love you. I want to grow old and have a bunch of grand kids running around our house. I will never make you shed a beautiful tear. Seo Joohyun-ah, will you grow old with me?” Kris asked as he pulled out a ring.

P12108833.jpg

Seohyun sniffled and nodded.

“Wait, REALLY?!” Kris shouted.

“Yes.” Seohyun smiled.

“You’re not joking with me right?” He asked.

“Just put the damn ring on my finger or else I’ll do it myself!” Seohyun demanded.

Kris slipped the ring onto her finger and stood up. Seohyun grabbed his face and slammed their mouths together for a passionate kiss. They hugged tightly. After a while, they pulled away, gasping for air. Seohyun put her head on his chest.

“I love you.” She whispered.

Kris couldn’t hear what she said.

“What?” He asked.

Seohyun pulled away from him and screamed “ARE YOU DEAF TODAY?! I ING LOVE YOU! WITH ALL OF MY HEART!”

Kris smiled, pulled Seohyun in by the waist, and pecked her lips.

“I love you too.” He whispered.

The following year, Seohyun and Kris were married on their special day. A few months later, their first child was conceived. Seohyun brought their first child into the world, on their special day, Christmas day.

Asian_Baby_Cute_131.jpg

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I love seokris so I decided to make a one-shot of them! I hope it was alright because it was my first time ever writing a one-shot... This is my Christmas present to all of you! (: I hope you enjoyed reading! And please do check out my other stories and subscribe if you like them! ^^ Thanks for reading! <3

 

13220633858.gif