Chapter 1

Hard but Easy

Author POV

 

“Good Morning, Auntie!”, Krystal greeted Mrs. Liu with her pretty smile. As usual, she always comes to Amber’s house to pick her up and go to school together.

“Aigooo My pretty Krystal… I think Amber is still sleeping. I’ve woken her up but you know…”

“Let me do it auntie, I’m the one who can wake Amber up”

“You’re right, dear. Only you can do that”

 Krystal took deep breathe and walked to Amber’s room then.

Krystal opened the door, and she could see a dork tomboy was sleeping peacefully. As usual, Amber’s bedroom looked so messy.

“Aish this dork”, Krystal mumbled while walked toward the bed, “Hey Josephine! Wake up, you sleepyhead!”, Krystal slapped Amber’s shoulder.

Suddenly Amber grabbed Krystal’s hand and hugged it, her eyes were still closed, “I’ll give you happiness, Nicole, I promise…”, Amber muttered.

Krystal exhaled, “so now is Nicole huh?! Let me do this for you, player”, Krystal pinched Amber’s nose and covered Amber’s mouth with her other hand.

One… Two… Three… Four… Amber’s face was getting red and………

“HOAH!!!”, Amber got up suddenly, “You!!! Are trying to kill me huh?!”, she gasped.

“Don’t talk too much, we’re getting late. I give you five minutes to get ready, got it?”, Krystal said and she left Amber then.

“Hshh!!! That witch!!”

 

 

***       

 

Amber and Krystal were walking together to their school. Their school isn’t too far from their house so they always go there by walking. Everyday Amber and Krystal always go to school together. Usually, Krystal would pick Amber up in the morning since only Krystal that could wake Amber up.

Time was running and they were getting late, but Amber seemed relax, she kept talking to Krystal and teasing her.

“……And you know Krys… when I said to Nicole that……”

“Ugh STOP!! You’re so annoying!”, Krystal glared at Amber.

“Oh…come on Krys… I just wanted to tell my beloved pal about my love story…”

Krystal rolled her eyes, “Every day you always tell me about your love ‘stories’, Amber!”, she walked faster then.

Amber followed Krystal. She embraced her hand around Krystal’s shoulder,

“…But you’re still the prettiest for me keke…”, Amber teased Krystal.

Krystal smirked, “of course! Your girls are always uglier than me”

“What?! Hey! I have good taste you know!”

“Yeah… whatever”

 

Suddenly some girls that wore same uniform with Krystal came toward them. For the information, Amber always wears Boys uniform since she attended kindergarten. Once she threatened her parents, “if I should wear girls uniform, I won’t go to school forever!”. So her parents always made deal with the headmaster of Amber’s school about Amber’s tomboy look.

“Amber Oppa!”, one of the girls said to Amber—yup, the girls at school always call Amber ‘Oppa’, “good morning Amber Oppa. Have you had breakfast?”

“Um… I haven’t”

“Here”, the girl handed Amber a packet of bread, “you should eat it Amber Oppa, take care of your health”, another girl said.

Krystal sighed and folded her hands, waited for the famous ‘player’ Amber and her girls.

“Uh…”, Amber grabbed the bread then, “thank you”, she showed the girls her best smile.

The girls’ faces turned red then.

“Umm… excuse me, I think I should go first, bye guys”, Krystal continued to step.

“W…wait! Uh girls, I should go now. I’ll see you at school, okay?!”, Amber winked at the girls and ran to catch Krystal,

“Yah! You can’t leave without me!”, Amber pulled Krystal’s bag.

“Ugh! What are you doing!?”

“Why are you leaving!?”

“You were busy with your girls and we’re getting late, P-r-i-n-c-e   A-m-b-e-r”

“Hey listen, that wasn’t my fault. I’m handsome and that was the one of many risks for being handsome”

“Ssshhh… don’t make me vomit, Amber”

“Girls love Amber, admit it, Krys”

“Stupid girls love Amber, I admit it”

“Yah! Don’t add ‘stupid’!”

“Can you stop talking?! If you couldn’t stop talking, let me walk alone!”

“Hey, you’re the one that picked me up remember?!”

“Uhh yeah… so you don’t need me anymore to wake you up in the morning huh?!”

“No. I can use an alarm clock”

“Okay… I won’t go to your house anymore!”, Krystal said peevishly, she walked away then.

“Fine!”, Amber shouted.

Again and again, they fought.

 

 

Krystal opened her class door roughly. Her face looked so horrible. She walked toward her chair and threw down her bag on the table. Sulli stared at her classmate, she just sighed, she exactly knew what happened to her classmate.

“Where is Amber?”, Sulli tried to ask.

“Dead”, Krystal said harshly.

 

A couple of minutes later Amber appeared with horrible face too.

“Hey, are you fighting again?”, asked Key as Amber took a seat on her chair.

“Don’t ask if you know the answer, Key”, said Amber.

“What happened?”

Amber just glared at Key as her answer.

“Fine… fine… I won’t ask again…”

 

“Good Morning Class!”, Mr. Kim—their teacher—had came, and the class was started then.

 

 

***       

 

 

Krystal POV

 

Finally… Lunch time! Last morning I made duk boki for my lunch, I’m so hungry and I’m really impatient to eat it! But wait… what about Amber? I’ve always made two portion of lunch everyday, for me and Amber, but she really pissed me off this morning. She said she doesn’t need me anymore and I don’t need to pick her up anymore in the morning, fine! Who cares about her anyway?!

I’m going to the rooftop to enjoy my lunch. As usual, all the boys are paying attention on me, but they don’t have any courage to greet me, I don’t know why but they call me ‘ice princess’, actually I’m not that icy, I just…… okay I admit it I can’t smile easily, it’s only Amber that can make me smile even laugh like stupid.

 Amber… usually me and Amber always go to the rooftop to enjoy our lunch together. Huh Amber, actually I don’t even know why am I always with that dork in whole of my life? And why do we always fight everyday? But honestly, I’ve never spent my days without Amber, even though we often fight, but it won’t take long time for us to see each other. Just like kids, we can get mad at each other easily and we can forgive each other easily too.

Aaahh… I’m on the rooftop now. The sky is so beautiful and the wind is blowing so gently, I love this. I take a seat and opened my lun…ch box…es. Why am I so stupid? Why did I bring Amber’s lunch box too? Aish… I should leave it in the bag.

“Hey lil witch! Gimme mine!”

Huh, see? She finally comes to me, I knew it, she can’t live without me. I look up and I see Amber is walking toward me, pretending like she’s cool and handsome.

“What are you doing here? I remember you said you don’t need me anymore”, I said harshly.

“I’m hungry you know”, she takes a seat beside me.

“And why should I care?! I thought those stupid girls gave you lunch foods”

“They did. But I gave them to Key”

“Why did you always do that?”

“That’s not your business. Come on just give me my food!”

“No. You should answer me first”

Amber sighs, “Fine. I can’t eat other foods, and I just can eat foods that made by my Mom or you”

I smile happily, “I’m a good chef right?”

“Yeah whatever. Can I eat now?”

I finally give the lunch box for her, and she looks happy as she opens the lunch box, for the information, dok buki is her favorite food.

“Nyumm yumm… yummy…”, Amber is really enjoying the dok buki.

“You look like a pitiful puppy”

“Puppy is cute. You look like a princess of witch”

“Yah! If you say that again I’ll snatch your food!”

“What?? nooo….. please don’t Princess Krys…”. Amber nicknamed me ‘Princess’ since we were little, because when we were kids, I often asked her to play ‘Disney’s fairy tale’ with me, and I became the princess, and she became my servant, uh… sometimes she became my prince too.

“Ssshhh…”

“Nyummm… it’s TOOOOOO yummy…”

“Happy huh?!”

“yeah”

 

***       

 

 

Amber POV

 

YAY!! Class is over and now it’s time for basket ball club! I really love basket ball, I can say I’m a good basket ball player keke… but don’t think I join the female team, because I’ve never admitted my self as a female, don’t ask why, okay?

“Hey Amber!”, he is Minho, my friend in basket ball club.

“Uh wait! I need to take off my uniform”, I take off my uniform then and I put it in my locker, wait! I’m not or topless! I’ve worn my basket ball uniform inside, “done! Let’s go!”, I said playfully.

Finally I’m in basket ball hall already. My friends are waiting for me, believe it or not, Minho is the main captain in our basket ball team, and I’m the second one. Key? Uh… that diva…sport is not his thing.

As usual, before we start the game we do some exercises first. And some girls usually come to the hall to see us, just like now, the girls are watching us while smiling happily. Why are they so happy every time they see us? I don’t know, girls are weird, except Krystal. Yeah, that witch is different one for me, I know her so well since she’s my best friend since we were babies. And in my opinion, she’s unlike the other girls, I admit it. She’s smart, really smart, and even though her face is so cute and pretty, the fact is she isn’t a sweet girl at all, she indeed is a spoiled girl but just when she’s with her family. And you know, Krystal has so many fanboys but she has never cared about that, she’s cool, I admit it.

Talking about Krystal, I see she is standing at the corner of the hall now. We always go to school and go home together everyday, and when I have my own schedule like basket ball club or something, she usually wait for me if she’s not busy.

“Hey Amber, Krystal is here”, Minho says.

“Yeah I know”

“She’s getting prettier day by day” ,Minho whispers.

“Yah!”, I glare at him, “I won’t let you touch her, you player”

“Excuse me?! You’re the player, Amber Eonppa”

“We both are player. But I’m Krystal’s best friend, and I’ll protect her from a player like us”, I giggle.

Minho chuckles, “I won’t be a player anymore if Krystal wanted to be my girlfriend”

“Hey Minho, I said that too to Hyuna, but now I’m dating Nicole. And I won’t let you do that to my best friend. Arrasseo?!”, I say to Minho.

 

As we finished our exercise, I come to Krystal. She is sitting on the audience chair while reading a book.

“Hey…”, I take a seat beside her, “are you going to wait for me or…”

“I don’t have any homework today”, Krystal says.

“So?”

“I’ll wait for you. And………”, Krystal s something in her pocket, “here”, she hands me some letters, love letters, “Those stupid girls asked me to give these for you”

“Just save them in your bag”

“I have already saved about fifty love letters in my bag, Amber. And all of them are yours”

“I’ll take them later, okay? You’re my assistant remember?”

“Ssshhh… you’re my servant and I’m your princess, remember that”

“Princess of wi…”

“Yah! Don’t say that or I’ll show everybody your childhood pictures tomorrow!”

I chuckle, what kind of threat is that?!, “Fiiiine… Hey Krys, listen, I think Minho likes you”

“So?”

“You should be careful! He’s a player you know”

“Just like you”

“Ye…what?! Hey I’m your best friend remember? I won’t hurt you and I will protect you! I will protect you from the bugs and bad boys, arraseo?!”

Krystal leans her chin on her hand, she smiles at me then, she… well…… I knew it since we were kids, she always look prettier when she smiles.

“Okay… thank you, Josephine”, she pinches my cheek. She often do this to me -___-.

 

 

***       

 

 

Krystal POV

 

Now, I’m sitting here, watching the dork tomboy playing basket ball with her friends. No, it’s not boring. Since I was little I always love to see Amber playing basket ball, she’s really good in basket ball game, she even can do some attraction with basket ball. How cool she is huh? Well, I admit it and I’m proud of her.

Sometimes I ask to my self about this tomboy, how can she look so manly? She’s strong, she’s good in sports, and she’s…………handsome? Well, I have no choice but admit it, my best friend really is handsome, but I won’t say it directly to her, I won’t make her head get bigger.

“DUNK!!!”

Yay! Amber did three point shot successfully. Everyone clap then.

“WOOOOW!!!”, she shouts happily, she turns to me and gives me her thumb then. I give my thumb too to her.

“TIME’S UP! BREAK TIME!”, the referee says. I see Amber is high-five-ing to her friends while walking toward me.

“How was the game?”, she asks as she’s right in front of me.

“Cool”, I answer, suddenly I remember something, she must be forgot her mineral water. Fortunately I have mine in my bag.

“Huuufh… I’m thirsty and I need ………….uh! My gosh I for…”

“Here”, I hand my mineral water to her.

She smiles stupidly, “…You really are my angel, Krys”, she says happily and drinks the water then.

 

***       

 

 

Amber POV

 

Finally…… I’m home now! Uhh, bedroom I miss you so much! Ugh! My body smells bad. I need to take a bath soon.

I get up of the bed lazily. I grab a shirt, boxer, towel, tooth brush, and now……I’m readeeee!

“Lalalalalalala…”, I’m singing while running to the bathroom, but wait! Dong Hae Hyung?! What is he doing at the balcony? Isn’t he working? He looks……weird… he looks………sad? Uh, I’d better come to him.

“Hyung!”, I call him.

Dong Hae Hyung looks up then, “hey…”

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re working”

“Uhh…didn’t Mom or Dad tell you?”

I shook my head with puzzled look.

“I didn’t work today. Yesterday Mom and Dad asked me to have a meeting with…uncle and auntie Jung and…………Jessica”

“Meeting? They didn’t tell me about that. And I think Uncle and Auntie Jung didn’t tell about that too to Krystal, we were in school together today”

“Yeah… maybe we should plan it first before tell you guys”

Plan? What does he mean? He makes me confused. “What are you saying, Hyung? What plan?”

I see Dong Hae Hyung sighes, “Am… they ask me………and Jessica to……get married”

My eyes become wider as I heard that! It’s impossible! And……Dong Hae Hyung has a girlfriend already!!

 

 

***       

 

 

Krystal POV

 

“WHAT??!!! Are you kidding, Unnie?! You and Dong Hae Oppa will get married soon?!”, I shout at my unnie. I can’t believe what just she said to me. Dong Hae Oppa has a girlfriend hasn’t he?!

“Yes, Krys. Mom and Dad said that they have planned it since me and Dong Hae little”, Jessica unnie looks so sad.

“Unnie……”, I take a seat beside her, “but why did they tell you so suddenly? And……… I didn’t even know that…”

“I don’t know… I don’t know dongsaeng”

“Unnie……”, I hug her, “Why you look so sad? Do you have some one you like?”

Jessica unnie nods.

“Just…tell it to Mom or Dad. Dong Hae Oppa has a girlfriend too right? Why don’t you guys just refuse it?”

“………we can’t…”

“But why?!”

“We just……can’t”

 

 

***       

 

 

“RIIIIING!!!!”, the bell is ringing, it’s break time. I open my bag and take the lunch boxes then. But wait! Where is Amber? Last time she asked permission to our teacher to go to the toilet, but she hasn’t come back until the break time. Aha… I know…

“Sulli, where are you going?”, I ask Sulli.

“I’ll go to canteen with Luna, why?”

“Uhh… Ssul, do you know where Nicole’s classroom is?”

“Nicole? Yeah, I know. Why?”

“Can you accompany me to go there before you go to the canteen?”

“……okay”

I smirk. Let’s see Prince Amber, I’ll ruin your lovey-dovey time.

 

Yay! Finally I’m in front of Nicole’s classroom already,

“Thanks Ssul”, I say to Sulli.

“No problem. I’m leaving, okay?”

I nod and Sulli walks away then.

I step into the class then I see…… Amber is holding Nicole’s hand, and she kisses it gently then, really really cheesy and disgusting Josephine.

I step closer toward them then.

“Amber, these are your love letters”, I say as I put Amber’s love letters on Nicole’s table.

Amber sighs, her expression is so priceless.

“What are doing here?!”, she shouts. Hahahahaha… I’m sooo happy to see that.

“I just wanted to give the love letters, those are yours, Amber”, I reply with innocent face.

“Aissshhh… I said just sa……”

“You said you won’t accept t any love letter again, Amber?”, suddenly Nicole speaks.

I try to hide my laughter, and Amber glares at me. I stick my tongue out to her then.

“I…I…”, Amber scratches her head stupidly, “of course I won’t accept them anymore, but…… I don’t know why Krystal gi…..…”

Nicole stands up, “I’ll give you time to talk about it with Krystal”, she says then she walks away.

 

“HUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”, I can’t hide my laughter anymore as Nicole left.

“Yah!! You ruined everything!! Haiishh…”

“Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha….omo……..ahahahahahahahahaha… poor you Prince Amber… hahahahahahahahahaha…”

“Yah!! Stop laughing you little witch!”

“Hahahaha….ouch… I’m so tired… it was toooo funny HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“YAH!! STOP AND GIMME MY LUNCH BOX!!”

 

***       

 

 

Author POV

 

Krystal and Amber were sitting together while enjoying their lunch on the rooftop.

“Amber…”, Krystal spoke.

“Yes?”, Amber replied, she was chewing the food in .

“Have you known about…… Dong Hae oppa and Jessica Unnie?”

Amber looked up to Krystal, “uh…yeah… Hae Hyung told me about that yesterday”

Krystal sighed, “honestly…… my unnie is so sad. She said she has fallen to someone else”

“Yeah… Hae Hyung has a girl friend too. But it’s our parents’ promise. I feel so sorry about them”

“Do you think they can refuse it?”

“The planning of their marriage?”

Krystal nodded.

“I don’t think so, Krys. You know, our Daddies are……stubborn…”

“………you’re right”

“Hey, I’ll come to your home tonight to do math homework, okay?”, Amber changed the topic suddenly.

Krystal narrowed her eyes, “why can’t you do the homework yourself?”

“Oh…come on Krys… I’ll come to your home tonight, okay? You’re the goddess of math remember?”

 

***       

 

 

Amber POV

 

It’s seven PM, ah I think I gotta go now! I grab my school bag and get ready to go to Krystal’s home.

“Where are you going honey?”, she’s my Mom, she is preparing something for dinner.

“I’m going to Krystal’s house, Mom. We’ll do our homework together”

“Eat the dinner first, okay?”

“I’ll have dinner with Jung family. Krystal has told auntie and uncle Jung about it, and she said she will cook my favorite food tonight”, I grin.

My Mom smiles, “these kids are getting closer and closer. I wonder what if Krystal get married and leave you alone?”

“She won’t leave me, Mom. I’m more important than her husband hiii…”

“Don’t think like that Amber, you should……”

“Mommy…… we’re still young, and I gotta go now, okay? See ya”, I peck my Mom’s cheek and go to Krystal’s house then.

 

Krystal house actually is right next to mine, so it doesn’t take long time to get there.

“Knock knock”, I knock Krystal’s door house. A couple of moment later the door is opened by……Krystal.

“We’re waiting for you. Come in”, she says.

We step in and walk to the dinning room then. As we reach the dinning room I see Uncle and Auntie Jung are sitting on the chairs. They smile at me.

“Come here, sweet heart”, auntie Jung says.

I walk toward them and take a seat then, “where is Jessica Nuna?”, I ask.

“Hangs out with some friends. Uh, eat a lot okay Amber? Krystal made burritos tonight”

My eyes become wider, “REALLY???”

“Yeah”, Krystal says while puts the dishes on the table, “and you have to eat them up”

“Of Couuuurse!! I will Krys”

Krystal takes a seat beside me, “dinner is ready. Let’s eat…”, she says.

We start to eat the dinner then.

“God!! It’s super duper delicious! Auntie, uncle, congratulation you have a good chef”, I say.

 

 

***       

 

As we finished the dinner, we get in Krystal’s bedroom. Uhh… Krystal’s bedroom always neat and cozy, it makes me feel sleepy. I lay my body down on the mattress.

“UUuuoohh… it would be nice to take a nap”, I mumble.

“I heard that, and I won’t let you take a nap. Come on, get up”, Krystal pulls my arm and I get up lazily.

She’s always like that when it comes to homework. She’s too diligent I think.

“Have you known how to solve this one?”, Krystal shows me her book.

I shake my head while grinning.

“I knew it. Look I’ll explain you”, she says. Then she starts to explain me how to solve the math problems. But……wait, I can’t concentrate, her scent is too good and she looks…………pretty as usual, honestly sometimes I can’t handle it, I know she’s my best friend…but……I’m normal, I mean………normal as a ‘boy’, so sometimes I ………

“Yah..”, suddenly Krystal realizes that I’m not paying attention on her explaining, I’m actually paying attention on her face. “Why are you looking at me?”, she asks harshly.

“I can’t concentrate. You’re too pretty”, I say frankly. I often say it to her. I’ve always been honest to her.

She sighs, “should I wear a mask?”

“No… no need.. just show me your witch expression”, I .

“Yah! Stop joking! We gotta do the homework!”

“Okay okay… but stay away from me a bit. I can’t concentrate if we’re too close”

“I know you like me a lot”

“Noooo… I’m just a normal boy, Krys”

“Normal?? Excuse meee??? You’re a girl, JO-SE-PHINE”

“Yah! I’m not a girl!”

“You are!”

“AM NOT! Should I show you my ‘manly’ side?”, I come closer to her. Trying to seduce her.

“No… no… get away!”, she’s trying to push me, but I’m the stronger one.

“You started the game, Krys. Don’t blame me if you get pregnant”

“YAH STUPID!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!”



TBC