TLMAS Chapter 4

The Little Mermaid Another Story

 

Hello there!!! Happy (belated) new yearrrr!! 
Love you all my readers and lovely subbies! 
Here is update. A long one (for me) 
enjoy it!!
and do tell me about my fic !!
I love comments and thoughts
 
==================================================================================================
 
I felt something grainy against my skin and could hear the sound of the ocean crashing behind me, as I struggled—and failed—to open my eyes.
 
In fact, the ocean sounded really close.
 
What was I doing near the ocean? Where was I?
 
I tried to open my eyes again, and this time, thanks to coral, I succeeded.
 
As soon as I opened my eyes, however, I wished I could close them again and forget where I was.
 
I blinked a couple of times, hoping that it would all fade away.
 
I was lying on a beach somewhere, and the ocean was behind me. But that wasn't what perturbed me.
 
One, I had legs, and I knew that wasn't right. I didn't know how I knew it or why it wasn't right, but I knew it. I wasn't supposed to have legs. I should have a…my mind hit a blank, and I couldn't figure out what I should have. I just knew that legs weren't it.
 
Two, I was very obviously not wearing anything. At first, this didn't actually disturb me, especially with the sudden realization that I had legs, but I knew something was wrong about that, too.
 
Sadly, these weren't even the least of my problems.
 
I was sitting on a beach full of people…and they were all staring at me. Rather pointedly, I might add.
 
I glanced down at myself.
 
Oh, I got a boy.
 
I was lying on my back in the hot sand and a bunch of people were staring at me.
 
I suppose there are definitely better ways to start one's day.
 
"I don't think this person from around here, luhan-ah ," a masculine voice said softly, and I realized that on top of everything else, these people were gossiping about me.
 
Just great.
 
"But, My xiu, look at this anonymous!" the pretty boy closest to me, a pretty brunette said, pointing at me.
 
"Oh my, this person not wearing anything!" a small boy said, moving closer to me. "Is it gonna get set to bed without dinner, too?"
 
"I think it is a bad person," another pretty small boy added, moving to stand next to the small boy.
 
"Really bad," another boy, scarcely older than the others, I'd guess, added, moving to stand with the other two small boys.
 
The small boy tugged on the pretty boy that was called -luhan-ah—dress. "This is our private beach, Momma. You said so. You promised. Why is this person here?"
 
"I don't know," Luhan-ah said.
 
"I think this person not hurting anybody, Luhan," the man—xiu—said calmly. "And it won't hurt us to help."
 
"B-but there could be a scandal, Xiu!" Luhan-ah wailed.
 
"Momma!" the three children chorused repeatedly, but they were ignored.
 
"Ah, posh, Lulu. This person was obviously ship-wrecked, and confused. It's not their fault, and we're not doing anything wrong in helping," Xiu said firmly. "We'll give this person a change of clothes and feed and let this person stay with us for the night. Then, we'll see the King's official. Maybe he'll know who this person is or where this can go for help. It's possible that this person lives near here, anyway."
 
"Fine," Luhan-ah gave in. "But just for tonight. I want this person gone tomorrow. I'm serious, Xiu!."
 
Xiu nodded, and smiled. "You're amazing, my Lulu-bear," he said with affection, drawing Lulu  into a hug.
 
"So are you, Xiu," Lulu responded with a warm smile.
 
I watched the whole exchange silently, unsure as to what to say.
 
The youngest boy moved closer to me and poked my nose. "We can keep this person?" he asked.
 
Xiu muffled a laugh, I noticed, but Luhan-ah looked annoyed. "Of course not," he said gruffly. "Don't be ridiculous, Sehun. We're just helping out a good friend."
 
Everyone turned to stare at me.
 
"Um…hi?" I tried, nervous.
 
There was a quiet chorus of 'hi's.
 
"Now listen to me," Luhan-ah said gruffly. "I'm helping you because my Xiu is a good man, and he can't stand to see anyone suffer. But the minute you cause problems for me, my kids, or my hubby, I'm kicking you out; I don't care how or hungry you are."
 
I smiled timidly at the person in front of me. "I won't be any trouble."
 
Luhan-ah grunted.
 
"Forgive my wifey," Xiu said kindly. "My wifey is a real good person, and has a kind heart. Now, can you tell me how you got to this beach?"
 
I heard the wifey one bark at the children to be quiet—they must have known their momma meant business, for they immediately left their parents and began building sand castles and such—then turned to Xiu, who was kneeling next to me.
 
"Um, no. I don't know how I got here," I told him apologetically.
 
He nodded patiently. "What ship were you on?"
 
"I don't know that, either," I responded.
 
He just nodded again. "Where were you born? Where do you live?"
 
"I don't know." Man, I hated all of these 'I don't know's. It's crazy.
 
"What are your parents' names?"
 
"I'm not sure," I said, just for variety.
 
"Do you have any siblings?"
 
"I have no clue."
 
"Do you know what your parents did for a living?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Do you have any friends?"
 
"No clue."
 
"Let's try something simpler. What's your name?"
 
"I have absolutely no idea."
 
Xiu turned to his wifey with an appalled look. "Woah! This person has amnesia, Luhan-ah!"
 
Luhan-ah's face softened. "Poor child. It must have hit the head on something when the boat went under."
 
"Boat?" I asked.
 
They both nodded.
 
"We barely made out a sinking ship late yesterday, child. We weren't sure, but we notified the authorities, just in case," Luhan-ah said, suddenly kind. "I fear you probably managed to escape the ship, but ended up here instead of wherever you were trying to go."
 
Somehow, the ship story didn't click. But it was all I had.
 
Xiu was right.
 
I couldn't remember a thing.
 
Amnesia.
 
I suddenly hated the word.
 
"How old are you?" Xiu interrupted, sounding a little hopeful.
 
"18," I said absently, then I felt a rush of joy. I knew something! It wasn't much, but I had something.
 
And everyone knows something is better than nothing. Right?
 
"You looks a little pale, Poor one," Xiu said, studying me. "But all's not lost. You know your age, at least."
 
"It might be coming down with something," Luhan-ah said, bending down to look at me. "But then you need a name, at least until you remember your old one. I don't want to keep calling 'this person' this and there."
 
Xiu nodded thoughtfully. "How about Kimchi?"
 
Luhan-ah snorted. "No way. That's insane. Who would ever name a person that? No, I've got a better idea, Xiu baby. For now, we'll call her Chanlie. Now, let's get Chanlie home."
 
Chanlie?
 
Well, it'll do for now, I guess.
 
I knew it wasn't my real name, but just having a name made me feel a lot better.
 
If I couldn't remember anything from my old life, before the amnesia, I'd just have to make a new life for myself, then.
 
Fine, I'd be Chanlie.
 
I liked it already.