All I Want For Christmas (Is You)

All I Want For Christmas (Is You)

 

 

Taking a deep breath, Byun Baekhyun smoothed down the front of his silken shirt and very slowly, peeked through the crack between the scarlet curtains and the wall. His brown eyes, narrowed in focus, scanned the expectant audience, all waiting in their seats, as he hunted for one face in particular amongst the crowd.

 

His face.

 

“Are you looking for him again, Bae?” huffed Kyungsoo, coming up behind his friend and adjusting his costume.

 

“Yeah…” sighed Baekhyun, with a dreamy smile and a starry-eyed expression on his face as he continued his search. “I really hope he comes tonight…the song I’ll be singing will be for him.”  

 

“I wouldn’t get my hopes up, if I were you,” Kyungsoo replied, although concern for Baekhyun was laced through the undertones of his voice. “It’s Christmas Eve and most people would be at home with their family – not visiting an upscale bar.”

 

His plump pink lips forming a dejected pout as he failed to find his person of interest, Baekhyun let go of the curtain and turned to face his sympathetic friend with a saddened look in his eyes. Sighing as he came to the rather depressing conclusion that his admirer wouldn’t be coming to tonight’s gig, he threw himself into Kyungsoo’s waiting arms.

 

“I-I really thought that he’d be here,” he mumbled into Kyungsoo’s shoulder, as the latter rubbed comforting circles into his back. “He came to every other performance.”

 

With a sniffle, Baekhyun thought of the handsome stranger that had randomly showed up at the club during one of his nightly shows – all wide-eyed and curious…and every single one since then.

 

He’d always choose one of the front tables, closer to the stage, and would expressionlessly sit through the other acts until it came to his turn. Then his face would light up – eyes twinkling in excitement and lips curving into a genuine smile – as he made his way across the stage and began to sing.

 

And like a sunflower moving to face the golden glow of the shining sun, both males would stare, completely mesmerised by the other, as Baekhyun’s lips formed the heavenly notes.

 

But perhaps the most intriguing thing about this stranger – that one alluring factor – was that after each performance when Baekhyun would try and look for him, to ask for his name or even his number when he was feeling more daring, he would be unable to be found. It was like he vanished into thin air after Baekhyun finished singing.

 

“Bae…” Kyungsoo began with a sigh, and thus disrupting Baekhyun’s internal reminiscing. “Just take one more look, okay? He still might make it.”

 

With an unconvinced nod, Baekhyun let go of his friend and peeked through the curtain once more. His gaze half-heartedly roamed the vicinity of the room, the spark of hope within his chest dying with each person that wasn’t him walking through the doors, until his gaze lingered on a certain mop of unruly caramel curls heading his way.

 

“It’s him,” he gasped, the spark turning into an all-out fire as his lips curved into a delighted grin. “H-He came after all.”

 

“Really?” exclaimed Kyungsoo in surprise, shoving Baekhyun aside so that he could peer at the newcomer also. “Well I never…and he’s brought some friends too! Bae, I think…”

 

But Baekhyun wasn’t paying attention to Kyungsoo’s rambling about how ‘tonight’s the night’ and ‘you must talk to him’; instead, his eyes eagerly trailed over fluffy orange locks, with two elvish ears cheekily poking through them, as his eyes crinkled into oblivion while his face split into an enormous smile.

 

“Isn’t he just wonderful?” murmured Baekhyun dreamily, his eyes continuing to rake over the male’s attire of faded denim jeans, an olive long-sleeved shirt and a thick jacket draped carelessly over one arm.

 

“Sure…if you’re into the ‘deranged clown’ kind of thing,” teased Kyungsoo with a playful smile as his friend glared at him.

 

“I hate you,” grumbled Baekhyun with a childish pout, before he bit his lip and started to fiddle with his clothes. “H-How do I look?”

 

“Gorgeous,” smiled Kyungsoo, his eyes trailing over the entirety of his nervous friend. “I’m sure that he’ll be drooling tonight!”

 

With a tiny giggle, Baekhyun took a deep breath to steady his nerves before tip-toeing behind the curtain, onto the darkened stage. Squeezing his eyes shut as the curtains parted and the powerful stagelights nearly blinded him, he moistened his lips and opened his mouth to begin.

 

~**~

 

“Hurry up!” shouted Chanyeol, frustration evident in his voice as he practically dragged his two best friends down the street. “We’re going to miss it!”

 

“Relax, Chanyeol,” grumbled Luhan in mild annoyance, brushing a few stray locks from his face as the trio continued to run. “We’ll make it in time even if we slow down.”

 

“I second that,” grinned Jongin, snaking his arm around Luhan’s slender waist as the group slowed their pace. “To be honest…I still don’t understand why you dragged us to some upbeat bar on Christmas Eve when we could’ve just stayed home and slept.”

 

“Because Christmas is supposed to be magical…and once you hear this guy sing you’ll be enchanted,” explained Chanyeol with a far-away expression on his face. “Just like I was…and still am.”

 

“You sound like you’re in love with him,” chuckled Jongin, punching his startled friend in the shoulder. “Do you even know his name?”

 

“No…sadly I don’t,” Chanyeol sighed, his eyebrows knotting together in a frown as both Luhan and Jongin exchanged knowing glances.

 

“Well I’m sure that you’ll find out eventually,” said Luhan with a supportive smile as they all arrived at their destination. “Just go and talk to him.”

 

“Yeah…I think that I will,” agreed Chanyeol, his eyes sparkling with newfound determination as the friends made their way to Chanyeol’s usual table. “And who knows, maybe I’ll end up having someone to kiss under the mistletoe?!”

 

“That’s the spirit!” beamed Luhan as the group removed their jackets and sat down, all having a perfect view of the stage.

 

“Eww…you disgust me with your cheesy love,” sniggered Jongin with a teasing grin, as Chanyeol shot him a nasty glare.

 

“Oh shut up,” Chanyeol grumbled. “If anything, you’re the cheesy bastard out of all of us. How many love poems have you written Luhan this week? Ten? Ten million?”

 

“Sshh,” scolded Luhan as the curtains parted, effectively ending the conversation – about which Jongin was most glad. “It’s starting.”

 

Chanyeol childishly stuck his tongue out at his friend, before turning his complete attention to the beautiful male standing in the centre of the stage. With a strangled gasp – causing a couple of raised eyebrows and smirks from his companions – he raked his eyes over the singer’s rather revealing outfit.

 

A silken, scarlet blouse hung askew on his small frame – its’ rather impressive V-neck displaying his creamy chest for the world to see. A pure black ribbon was tied around his neck, with two golden bells hanging off it, jingling each time the male fidgeted. Leather mini-shorts clung tightly to his slender milk-white legs, which in turn disappeared into a pair of ankle-high black boots.

 

With an open-mouth, Chanyeol wrenched his wandering eyes from the male’s supple-looking skin and instead focused on his face, searching for an answer as to why he was dressed so damn ily. But his face gave away no explanation, only showing his nerves – for what?

 

Stifling his gasp of shock as a smouldering pair of dark-rimmed eyes suddenly opened and stared at him, Chanyeol was completely mesmerised, unable to wrench his gaze from that of the figure before him.

 

While continuing to stare directly at each other, the vocalist parted his reddened, glossy lips and began to sing, all the while taking slow – seductive – steps towards an awestruck Chanyeol and his very amused friends.

 

“I don't want a lot for Christmas,

There is just one thing I need.

I don't care about the presents

Underneath the Christmas tree.

 

I just want you for my own,

More than you could ever know.

Make my wish come true,

All I want for Christmas

Is you.

 

I don't need to hang my stocking,

There upon the fireplace.

Santa Claus won't make me happy

With a toy on Christmas Day.”

 

Chanyeol began to feel light-headed as the young man continued to sing and walk towards him, hips swaying and a coquettish smile dancing across his lips.

 

“Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas,

I won't even wish for snow

And I'm just gonna keep on waiting

Underneath the mistletoe

 

'Cause I just want you here tonight

Holding on to me so tight

What more can I do?

Baby all I want for Christmas is you.

 

I just want you for my own,

More than you could ever know.

Make my wish come true,

All I want for Christmas is you!

You, baby.”

 

Finishing with a flirty wink, Baekhyun plopped himself into his gob-smacked admirer’s lap, and crossing his legs, he twined his arms around his neck, tangling his fingers through the soft curls.

 

“So…will you be my Christmas present this year?” he whispered provocatively into the shell of Chanyeol’s ear, causing him to shiver.

 

Without waiting for a response, Baekhyun gently tugged Chanyeol downwards and lightly brushed their lips together, inwardly sighing as he relished in the fact that he was kissing the guy that he’d been obsessing over!

 

Pulling back just a fraction, Baekhyun observed him; taking in the wide eyes and more-than-surprised expression plastered across his face. As they continued to simply stare at each other, Baekhyun’s previous confidence began to dwindle into nothingness as Chanyeol still didn’t say anything.

 

Baekhyun felt his face flush and his breathing become erratic, as his own eyes widened in the realisation that he’d gotten it wrong.

 

This guy was only here for the show.

 

He didn’t feel the same – heck, he probably wasn’t even gay!

 

…And Baekhyun had just kissed him. Awkward.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol simply stared at the blushing male, his eyes absorbing every little feature on his face – from the pursed pink lips, to the delicately-curved lashes – as he tried to comprehend what in God’s name was actually happening.

 

He liked him back.

 

He kissed him.

 

…Um, Chanyeol for the win!

 

“S-Sure,” Chanyeol eventually choked out, his face breaking into a wide grin as the rest of the room erupted into delighted whoops for joy. “But…there is one problem.”

 

“W-What’s that?” mumbled Baekhyun, his bottom lip starting to quiver as he valiantly tried to hold back his tears.

 

“I don’t think that I’ll fit inside your Christmas stocking,” he chuckled in reply, wrapping one arm around Baekhyun’s waist and tenderly caressing his cheek. “I’m sorry.”

 

Baekhyun appeared stunned for a moment, before his brain finally figured out what Chanyeol had said and he threw his head back and laughed, eyes crinkling into crescent moons as he beamed up at him.

 

“That’s alright,” he began after a few seconds, his giggles quietening down as he placed his mouth against Chanyeol’s ear and whispered softly – his courage returning to him. “I guess that…I’ll just have to unwrap you instead.”

 

Chanyeol grinned before he leaned down and captured Baekhyun’s lips with his own, the contact of his soft and yielding mouth moving beneath his own sending his nervous system into a frenzy.

 

It seemed that he was going to have someone to kiss under the mistletoe after all.

 

 


Word Count: 1899

So yeah...here it is. XD

Um...lemme know whatcha thought!

Merry Christmas, once again,

Minspro

oxox

p.s. I really love this song...Listen to Mariah Carey's version!