Last Time

Too Close For Comfort

 

"Can you stop telling me lies?" YongHwa was starting to get angry.
 
"What are you saying?" SeoHyun looked at her boyfriend.
 
"What is your relationship with KyuHyun?" He stopped the car.
 
"I told you, we're just friends!"
 
"Just friends? When I call you, you'd always say that you're busy. But when that guy calls, you'd answer no matter what! What kind of 'friends' would be kissing each other?!" He stepped out of the car. It was really too much for him. They have been officially going out for half a year already and they have done nothing intimate together. People would think that she and KyuHyun would be the ones going out than when she's with him.
 
 
He clenched his fist. "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He let out his pain and anger. He punched his car's hood, making his hand bleed. But he did not care. The pain in his chest was worse than broken joints.
 
 
I never meant the things I said
To make you cry can I say I'm sorry
It's hard to forget, and yes I regret
All these mistakes
 
 
"What are you doing?" SeoHyun stepped out of the passenger's seat and checked the man's hand.
 
"Don't touch me." He pulled away.
 
"W...what?" Tears started to form in her eyes.
 
"Maybe you should stay away from me." He growled.
 
"You're talking as if you have never hurt me before." Tears started to fall.
 
"Did I have another woman with me when we were together?" He looked at her, sadness and anger mixing in his eyes.
 
"Did I leave you alone when you were in your darkest mood?"
 
"Are we going to count our faults now?"
 
"Did I start it?"
 
"Stop! Just stop!!!" YongHwa punched the car again.
 
"What are you going to hit again, huh? Me?" She cried harder. He turned away from her, letting her sulk into the ground and sob by herself.
 
 
I don't know why you're leaving me
But I know you must have your reasons
There's tears in your eyes, I watch you as you cry
But it's getting late
 
 
"I give up. This is it, Jung YongHwa." She managed to stop her sobs. "I don't think we're going to work this out anyway." She slowly stood up and leaned on the car's hood. He was quietly crying, wiping tears every once in a while. "Your assumptions were right. We have been going out even before I met you." She sighed. "I'm sorry that I used you to protect him..."
 
 
Was I invading in your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I wanted in
 
What was I just about to discover
When I got too close for comfort
Driving you home
Guess I'll never know
 
 
"Was I only that to you?" Yong finally found words. "I have treated you as if you were everything to me! I have done almost everything for you! Yet you just treated me like a toy!"
 
"Almost..." She replied.
 
"What else do you want me to do? Can't you really love me whole-heartedly?"
 
"I'm sorry but I didn't really love you to start with." Her words were cold.
 
"That's it. I'll be sending you home." He boarded the car and waited for her to sit beside him.
 
 
Remember when we scratched our names into the sand
And told me you love me
But now that I find that you've changed your mind
I'm lost for words
 
 
He sat on his bed and tried to calm himself down.
 
'I love you, Yong...' SeoHyun's voice echoed in his mind.
 
"She has been lying to me..." He whispered. Then the most excruviating event replayed in his mind.
 
 
 
He saw KyuHyun wrapping his arms around SeoHyun's waist and kissing her neck. "Hyun~ Let's go out tonight..." He whispered in her ear, making her giggle.
 
"Yong and I are going somewhere tonight..."
 
"Can't you cancel it? I kind of miss you in bed..." He spun her around and pulled her close.
 
"Come on... I thought you wanted to lessen that kind of time..." She smiled at him.
 
"But I miss you so much..."
 
"No, you evil maknae..." She smiled sweetly.
 
"Can I have a kiss then?" He leaned in.
 
Yong watched them in disbelief as they deepened their kiss. He and SeoHyun only had cheek pecks and he was her girlfriend. Another thing, she told him that KyuHyun was just a friend.
 
 
"Why did you lie to me?!" He shouted and punched his bedroom's wall.
 
 
And everything I felt for you 
I wrote down on one peice of paper
The one in your hand, you won't understand
How much it hurts to let you go
 
'Maybe you're right... we can't sort this out anymore. But I hope that you'd keep in mind that you are the only woman in this world that I have loved. I wish you the best with your 'friend' KyuHyun. Please to continue living well." He started to note down the words on a sheet of paper.
 
"I love you, SeoHyun.." He whispered as he let the letter fall into the mailbox. He let out one final sigh then drove off.
 
 
Was I invading in your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I wanted in
 
What was I just about to discover
When I got too close for comfort
Driving you home
Guess I'll never know
 
All this time you've been telling me lies
When I needed you most
But you chose to let me down, down, down
 
Won't you think about
What you're about to do to me
And back down
 
 
He finished his third bottle of whiskey. Maybe drowning himself with alcohol can help him forget her. He let tears slowly roll down his cheeks. He took out his pistol from the paper bag where three more bottles were placed. He stared at the silver machine, watching light shine on it as he turned the gun around.
 
 
Was I invading in your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I wanted in
 
Was I invading in your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I wanted in
 
What was I just about to discover
When I got too close for comfort
Driving you home
Guess I'll never know
 
 
She stared at the ground as people let the ashes ride the wind. She didn't know that she had hurt him that much.
 
"Hyun~ Are we done now?" KyuHyun wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She slowly nodded and headed back to the car with her boyfriend.
 
=============================================================================================
 
Don't get me wrong... I love Yong, Seo and Kyu... I just can't think of other characters to use :) And, I am a YongSeo shipper! :D