Dream

Running Out of Time

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The brothers ran down the glassy stairs as quietly as they could. They followed as close as they could without getting noticed by the man in suit. Fortunately, they man didn’t seem too aware of his surroundings too much. He walked quickly without really looking around. When the brothers reached at the bottom of the stairs, the man was already gone out of their sight. However, there was suspicious entrance which didn’t suit with the rest of the posh and glossy exterior. The entrance was an old metal door and the walls were only made of chains linked gates which allowed the outsider see straight inside it. However, the brothers could only see a long dim hallway in front. Moreover, there was a guard… not really, maybe just to check anyone who enters because his body built somehow looked weak, he was in his lab coat and he was sitting at a table on the inside part of the gate and flipped on a magazine lazily.
 
 
 
Suho and Baekhyun who arrived first decided to try entering. They knocked on the metal door with old green paint on it, gaining attention from the man on the shift. Suho said they were here to meet a worker in there. The man in lab coat inspected them with his eyes only and lazily. Surprisingly, without saying a word, the opened the door and let them pass but not before giving a judging look at the two, maybe because he never saw those two before. Suho and Baekhyun gave him an awkward smile and quickly walked inside. When they just passed the gate, they heard footsteps coming down the stairs they just came from and they believed it was their other brothers. But they didn’t wait for them, they were running out of time, they need to go now. They also knew his brothers would easily spot this place like they did, so they went straight ahead.
 
There weren’t a lot of doors along the hallway and all of them were locked, so they were led into an old corridor with stairs at the end of it. Both of them didn’t really have time to hesitate so they went up the stairs. The stairs were swirling and very narrow. When they reached the top of the stairs, they saw a door and went inside. But when they opened the door, they didn’t expect the man they were following and another man in suit were waiting for them, smiling wickedly at the two brothers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kris, Sehun and Luhan who were a bit behind the other two were just passing the main entrance when the whole building suddenly went dark; blackout.
 
Without waiting any time, Kris shoved his other two brothers behind a wall, out of the main opening because he knew, it was a warning from his brother; Baekhyun.
 
 
 
“What happened?” the maknae whispered anxiously.
 
“They got caught” Luhan stated, referring to Baekhyun and Suho.
 
Even in the dark, Kris could see Sehun’s eyes went big.
 
“They told us not to come upstairs. I think there will be stairs at the end of the hallway” Luhan added.
 
Kris couldn’t disagree because Luhan was the one with the power of knowledge, the one that can read any hidden hint easily and sometimes transfer the knowledge among five of them.
 
“What should we do now?” Sehun voice trembled slightly.
 
Kris knew the maknea was afraid, he was never been in this kind of situation and he most probably was worried about Suho and Baekhyun. At times like this Kris cursed himself. Except Sehun, he was the only one who didn’t have any power like his brothers. Sehun was still young. He’s still searching for his own power, but Kris; he was the second oldest yet he didn’t have any power at all.
 
There was a long silence, no one said anything and there wasn’t even any other people presence at all. Sehun wondered why the man they followed went to this deserted area and low security. Was this a trap from the start?
 
 
 
“Kris, I think we have no choice but to use your power now.” It was Luhan.
 
The tallest man rolled his eyes at his brother.
 
“What do you mean? I don’t have power.”
 
“You have, you just don’t know. No, you just forgot about it. “
 
Just when Kris wanted to protest at the ridiculous words came out of Luhan’s mouth, his mid suddenly was zap like a low voltage electric shock. Luhan just used his power on Kris, transferring information to him and Kris eyes widen at that.
 
“I – I have a power?” it wasn’t really a question because he just got all of the answers just now.
 
Kris actually did have a power. His power were self heal and turbulence; the control of winds. But the thing about his power was they ate his memories. Every time they used them, he will lose a part of his memories and that was why Kris always forgot that he does had a power like his brothers.
 
“Kris hyung, are you okay?” Sehun had that worried face.
 
Kris smiled and nodded to assure the maknae.
 
“Can you do it?” Luhan didn’t want to waste anymore time because there wasn't time for it.
 
Kris nodded again in reply but this time with a determination.
 
 
 
He walked towards the empty and dark hall and placed his hand on one of the walls. Then, with a loud bang, the wall burst into bricks and tiny pieces of stones. Lights from the moonlight gave better sight to the brothers. Sehun didn’t have time to be shocked or ask question because Luhan was already pulling him to go to Kris. When the brothers were within his grip, Kris took the two into his arms and in the next second Sehun found them flying in the air. Sehun had a lot of questions but looking at his brother’s serious faces, he knew there were something more important to do right now; getting the codes and saving his brothers.
 
 
 
They flew up high, passing many floors of the building when Luhan said “here” he pointed to a wide window and the glass window scattered just a moment after. Kris brought his brother inside the building through the broken window. Two men inside the room were surprised and before he could attack them, Kris already sent them flying and bumping hard on the wall with his power. Sehun and Luhan who were at the side realized that the room was a small library and there was a woman at the table, stunned from what happened in front of her eyes. Luhan knew she was the one.
 
One of the men had got up but instead of attacking the brothers, he dashed towards a wall and pushed a button on it. Suddenly, there was a glass gate appeared out of nowhere, dividing the room into two; one part where the ruckus was and the other part was where the woman was protected. Kris and Luhan dashed towards the woman but it was too late. The wall had been secured and they couldn’t break the thick bulletproof glass. The man snickered in victory… but not for long.
 
The smile gone from his face when he saw there was someone else inside the glass protected area together with the woman; Sehun.
 
 
 
“Give us the code or we kill the woman” Kris demanded.
 
Luhan did his job and sent the order to Sehun and the maknae obeyed. He grabbed the woman by her neck, threaten to hurt her if things didn’t go their way.
 
Both of the men exchanged anxious glances, trying to figure out the best solution but soon they realized they had no choice. One of the men, the one that pressed the button earlier however decided to keep the code to his last breathe and he suddenly took out a knife from his blazer and placed it on his own throat. Kris and Luhan tried to stop him.
 
“Don’t come near!” The man warned and pressed the sharp tip on his skin harder.
 
A trail of blood sip out of his neck and both of the brothers stilled in their spot. His friend was also shocked from what was happening.
 
“I can’t gave it to you. I ‘ll rather die!”
 
“Stop!”
 
The man stopped because the voice was very familiar to him. It was the woman.
 
Sehun had let go of the woman when the man threaten to commit suicide and the woman opened the glass gate from inside to reach her comrade.
 
“Take the code. It was on the table.” The woman told Kris calmly.
 
“What?” the grip on the knife became loose and the woman quickly snatched away the blade.
 
“It’s not worth it. You are more important to me.” She said and the man cried in her arms.
 
 
 
 
 
Kris and Luhan quickly dashed towards the study table to join Sehun who was already inspecting the item on the table.
 
It was a book.
 
A very thick and big book. Sehun made way for Luhan. He was the one whose capable of breaking any code the fastest anyway. Luhan flipped through the pages and there were many colorful post-its papers inside it. He scanned through the papers furiously before his rush movement halted, stopped completely.
 
“What is it, Luhan?” Kris tried to look at what Luhan was staring at even though he knew he wouldn’t understand it until Luhan explained it to him.
 
Luhan lifted his face from the book to look at his brother with wide eyes and horror expression. Kris and Sehun knew it wasn’t a good news.
 
 
 
“A meteor is going to hit earth in another three days. It’s going to hit here... Jeju Island will be gone if this happens!”
 
There was a long silence. All of them were beyond shocked but Kris who regained his composure first said;
 
 
 
“Then, we need to find a way to stop it.”
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
This is really what I dreamt last night
 
I don't know why I dreamt about this and sorry if the plot is kinda messy here and there... afterall, this is a dream
 
If you wonder why Kris, Luhan, Suho, Baekhyun & Sehun are brothers, I think it's because I read Brother Complex before I slept last night
 
 
 
But I have no idea why Luhan has the power of knowledge or Kris with power of self healing and turbulence in my dream. I know Kris's symbol in EXO is flying but I didn't even know what turbulence means until I dreamt about it last night. I woke up and search in on google. I'm not smart, so I don't really understand what turbelence is but I guess it has something to do with air (?)