A Christmas Concert Together

A Christmas Concert Together

 

It was a long night for all of us.

Screaming fans.

Doing what we do best: sing.

Letting ourselves get lost in the music.

But it was not fun for me.

 

Kim Ryeowook, why must you tease me like that?

Especially when I’m in the holiday spirit. Why must you be so damn innocent and cute?

 

Why do you have to give me back-hugs like that? Why must you cutely hide behind me like you did?

Do you /want/ me to have a heart attack?

 

Stop playing with my heart. It knows nothing but undying love for you. Stop playing with my heart, it’s too fragile.

 

Flashback

Warm hands found their way around my waist and I knew instantly who it was.

“... Ryeowook-hyung? W-What are you doing?” I whispered so that fans wouldn’t hear.

“H-Huh? I-I’m just giving you a hug for such an amazing performance ... And didn’t I tell you not to call me hyung? We’re best friends, Kyu,” he replied awkwardly.

“Um, okay.”

I raised my fist in the air and yelled happily to distract people from our awkward conversation.

............

“Ahh, Kyuhyunnie, help! Yesung’s going to attack me!”

Ryeowook bolted behind me and poked his head out from over my shoulder.

His warm hand on my shoulder was unbearable. I wished so much for him to be facing me with his hands like that, dancing. My hands would be around his waist and his hands would be wrapped around my neck, looking at me with the same love and compassion I had for him. Dancing slowly, where no one would be able to see or judge us.

Where he was mine and I was all his.

 

Present

We were in the van already, on our way back to the Japanese hotel we’re going to stay at, to our rooms. The same hotel suite that I shared with him. That same warm hand rested on my shoulder again. This time, it was not to hide from our hyung. This time, it was a touch of concern, of care, something that my beloved hyung does very well: dote on his dongsaeng.

“Kyuhyunnie, is there something wrong? You’ve been staring at the driver’s headrest the whole time,” Ryeowook said, now rubbing my shoulder gently as if comforting me.

“I’m fine,” I said, a mixture of confusion, hurt, and sternness evident in my voice.

“Are you sure?”

“Aniyo... Gwaechanha.”

“... Alright. But you can always come to me later tonight, arasso?”

“Okay.”

I shifted in my seat and laid my head on my hand, pretending to take a nap. I stole a quick glance at my watch –23:34. When in reality, I was just trying to distract myself from those tempting lips I wanted oh-so-desperately to claim mine.

 

After what seemed like days, I finally heard Yesung say:

“Guys, we’re here. Get your stuff and get to your room. You already know this, but just to clarify, you two are sharing a suite.”

We nodded in acknowledgement. I looked at the car’s clock. 0:07

Huh, I actually fell asleep for like half-an-hour.

 

I slid the key into the slit and turned the knob.

“Well, here we are.”

I opened the door wider to let Ryeowook and his bags in.

As soon as I put my bags away, I plopped onto a bed and sighed.

“Yah ... I’m so stressed and tired...”

“...Why?”

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m choosing to worry about it, Kyuhyun-ah.”

I flinched. He only called me ‘Kyuhyun-ah’ when he was serious about something. He walked out of the bedroom into the bathroom. I decided to change into my sleeping clothes.

After a few minutes, he came out, his pajamas on.

“What’s been up with you? Ever since we walked off that stage you’ve been acting strange.”

“It’s nothing. I’m telling you, it’s fine.”

“NO, Kyuhyun-ah. It’s /not/ fine. You don’t act up like this unless something is really bothering you.”

He knew me too well.

“I’m fine.” I can’t take this.

STOP BEING SO GODDAMN CONSIDERATE..!

“Kyuhy –”

“STOP! JUST STOP!”

“..Stop what?” he asked in a small voice.

“Stop being so friggin’ considerate!”

Silence.

“It bothers me when you drag me with you to go shopping when all you do is get distracted by plushie and costume stores. It bothers me that you can use all this cutesy crap on people and it works. It bothers me that you sleep with a giraffe stuffed-animal. It bothers me that you act like you’re 5 years old but in reality, you’re 26. It bothers me that you pout when I don’t get you bubble tea and that your pout is so cute I end up getting you some anyway. It bothers me that you cook all of my favorite foods. It bothers me that you can act stronger than me but you’re so much smaller than me. It bothers me that you’re so innocent. It bothers me that we’re best friends, how we’re so close.”

No more silence, just tears and sniffling coming from him. Is he ... crying? 

“You want to know what bothers me the most?”

 

Silence.

 

“What bothers me the most is that I love it all.”

A soft whisper escapes those perfect, pink lips, “W-what?”

“I love it. I love it when you take me shopping with you and get distracted by all that childish stuff. I love when you use aegyo, especially on me. I hate seeing you cuddle with that giraffe because I wish it was me. I love getting you bubble tea. I love when you cook me food. I love you’re innocence. I hate our relationship. I want more.”

“W-hat are you trying to say Kyu ...?”

“What I’m trying to say is that I love you, Kim Ryeowook. I love you so much that sometimes I could just sweep you off your feet and kiss you at any given moment. I love you so much that I get jealous seeing you cuddle with that stupid giraffe when you sleep. I love you so much that I get urges to just take the microphone at concerts and just pronounce my undying love for you right then and there, in front of the fans. I just.......... I just love you ....... so much it’s unbearable..”

“I love you too.”

“Really?”

“Of course. You’re my handsome prince charming. The one that always knows how make me smile. I love you.”

 

Finally.

A wide grin broke across my face. I pulled him into a hug and pulled us under the covers. I hovered above him and I saw he was smiling too.

I kissed his hand, spilling out the words I’ve longed to say to him for so long.

“I love your hands.”

I kissed his exposed collarbone.

“I love your body.”

I kissed his warm, white neck.

“I love your neck.”

I kissed his ear.

“I love you ear.”

I kissed his forehead.

“I love your head.”

I kissed his nose.

“I love your nose.”

 

Finally.

I kissed his lips, deeply and sensually.

A small giggle came from his lips when we parted. I moved to his left and laid down next to him. He immediately cuddled into my chest and I wrapped my arms around his waist, bringing him closer to me. I kissed the top of his head and mumbled,

“I love everything about you. You’re perfect in every way, shape, and form. I love YOU, and only you.”

“I love you too.”


Yay! Here it is! 

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, my dear readers!

!

 

Comment on how it was! :D

 

&& 

Be sure to check out my latest fic, ' A Little Piece of Heaven '