Branched Romance

Branched Romance

 

"For the next question, I know that you now live together. Hence being with each other most of the time, do any you have an awkward relationship with someone? Or does everyone get along?" Asked the MC, curiosity showing on his face.

As the question was asked, Suho felt a bit tense and looked at Yixing who was sitting in front of him.
He indeed felt a little uncomfortable around Yixing, but he couldn't say it.
After all, if he'd say something, he would be asked why, and that he didn't want to answer.
So he just sat there quietly as the MC asked again "No one?"

"Yeah, we all get along nicely with each other. No awkwardness between us." Kris answered since no one else was willing to speak, and as a leader he needs to do something about it.

"Is that so? That's nice to hear. After all, not always everyone gets along." Said the MC, and some very sharp-eyed people could tell he's not buying it at all. He didn't believe that in a group of 12 people, everything went smoothly. But then again, they're new and probably not allowed to say anything about it.

As the interview continued, Suho was still feeling a little tense, but he suppressed that and talked when he could. Then again, their interview was in China, and since Kris is the leader that knew mandarin, he spoke the most.

When it ended, they all walked back to the hotel in Beijing, tired from their long day.
They were all getting ready to sleep as soon as they came back. But Suho, who was sharing a room with Kyungsoo, sat on the couch, thinking about the MC's question.
He and Yixing are now in the same group, and they can't stay like this forever.
After a long period of thinking, he decides to go to bed too, hoping he won't be too tired tomorrow.

 

The next day they all had a tight schedule with another interview, in which the same question was asked, and a flight back to Korea for all of them right after.

In the flight, Suho was thinking again about that question. About Yixing and how they probably need to settle things between them.
Suho understood very well why it turned out this way though.

Few years ago, back when they were trainees, the Korean trainees bullied the Chinese ones.
Suho didn't bully them much, but he was still dragged, and did bully them few times.
One of the Chinese boys being bullied was Yixing.
Suho indeed did some not-so-nice things to him, but he never thought Yixing would take it so hard.

His thoughts were cut when Kyungsoo who was sitting next to him asked, "Is everything alright? You seem troubled."
"Yeah... It's just..." he mumbled, and Kyungsoo quickly finished him, "Yixing?"
After a short pause of Suho staring at him, he asked "How did you know?"
"Because I know you, hyung."
Suho just sighed and said "I want to apologize, but I don't know how..."
"You can buy him something on our way back. It can be a good start."
"Maybe..."

 

When they were off the plane, Suho saw Yixing's favorite Korean snack in one of the stores, and thought about what Kyungsoo suggested. 'Yeah... Maybe it's a good idea.' He mumbled to himself and bought it.

They all arrived at the dorms really late and tired from the promotions and flight.
Suho couldn't stop thinking about how was he going to give Yixing the snacks. After all, they haven't really talked since they were trainees, and he wasn't sure how to approach him.

"Did you give him those snacks you bought?" Kyungsoo asked putting his hand on Suho's shoulder, startling him a little. "Oh sorry," He said as he noticed that.
"Not yet," Suho answered and then snapped, "Wait how did you know?"
"I saw you buying it, silly. And I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you didn't like it."
"Oh..."
"So, what are you waiting for?"
"I don’t know... I have no idea how am I going to give it to him."
"You know, leader, you have done many difficult things. You're watching over 4 little problematic kids, I'm pretty sure handing him a snack is not that hard."
"Yes it is. And it's 5."
"I don't count."
"Yes, you are."
"But who's watching who now?"

Suho was about to say something, raising he finger, but then sighed and gave up "Okay, you have a point."
"Told you."
"So, how am I going to do this?" he asked frustrated eventually. "What if I let someone else give it to him?"
"No. Do it yourself." Kyungsoo insisted.
"But I don't think I can... I don't even know why I bought this."
"You do know." Kyungsoo sighed and then said softly, "Okay, I won't force you. Think about it and do what you think is best. I'm going to bed."
Suho nodded and smiled "Thanks, Kyungsoo."
"Always here to help. Even though you're the leader, you can count on us too."
"Yeah... Good night then."
"Good night."

As Kyungsoo went to their room, Suho kept thinking about it.
In the end, he decided to give it to Jongdae the next day, and ask him to pass it to Yixing.
Maybe he was thinking too much, maybe he should've done it himself, but it's what he thinks is the best thing to do. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day, and he needed time to get Yixing's forgiveness.

 

The next day was a day off. Suho woke up to see most of the members awake, eating breakfast.
"Good morning hyung," Jongin greeted him happily. "Did you sleep well?"
"Hmm, yeah." He mumbled back with a small smile.

As Suho sat in the chair in front of the dining table, Kyungsoo put his breakfast in front of him, and Suho smiled back at him saying "Thank you."

After he finished eating, he went to talk to Jongdae, and gave him the snacks he bought to Yixing.
Jongdae was a bit confused by the act, but agreed to pass it anyway.
Since he and Yixing were sharing rooms, he pretty much knew what was going on between them, although he wasn't that aware of all the details.

He went back sitting next to the table, watching Jongdae giving the snacks to a happy Yixing, which turned to a confused one as he explained him it's from Suho.

"So in the end you decided not to give it yourself, huh?" Suho heard Kyungsoo whisper to him from behind, as he just sighed and nodded. "Well, it's better than nothing, I'm sure everything will settle as time passes." Kyungsoo assured him, as the older smiled weakly, "I hope so."

Suho didn't expect Yixing to come smiling and thanking him in the first place, but he was a bit surprised when Yixing avoided any eye contact or any other contact at all, through the whole day.

One would think simple thanks or even a nod or smile would be enough, but Yixing avoided it all.

Although Suho understood why Yixing didn't want to befriend with him yet, he didn't understand why he was avoiding him completely like this, since Yixing was a very polite person, and he would thank a person thousand times before it's enough.

~~

"Yixing, are you alright?" Jongdae asked when he was finally alone with Yixing in their room, after a whole day the hang out with their band-mates.
"Hmm?" the other boy asked, snapping out of his dream land, "Oh, yeah, why do you ask?"
"Don't pretend. I know something is going on."
"What is?" Yixing kept on.
"You always stayed away from Suho, but today after he gave you those snacks you just completely ignored him. That's not like you at all."

All he got as an answer was silence, Yixing looked down a little.

"Yixing, I'm worried about you. You seem troubled."
After another short pause, Yixing sighed and then started speaking weakly; barely above a whisper, "I don't know what I'm doing, actually..." he admitted, "I was honestly surprised by those snacks."
"And happy, you devoured it like crazy." Jongdae giggled, trying to raise his roommate's spirit up a little.
"Yeah..." Yixing giggled back. 'Good' Jongdae praised himself.

"Do you hate him for what he did?"
"NO!" Yixing said surprised, "I don't hate him, I just..."
"Look, hyung, do you want to settle things with him?"
Silence took over the space between them, though the answer was obvious to the both of them, "Yes."
"Then stop being like this." Jongdae said strictly, "At least talk to him. You are in the same band now." The younger's voice then softened, "And don't forget that you always have me, and I'll help you with whatever you need, okay?"
"Thanks, Jongdae," Yixing looked at him and smiled "I really appreciate it."
"No problem." He replied, smiling brightly and rubbing the latter's back with his hand.

Yixing thought about this conversation with Jongdae in bed, but he wasn't sure what he's supposed to do now. His feelings were a mess inside of him, and it all led to more confusion.
In the end he decided to leave the thinking for tomorrow, and went to sleep.

~~

It has been a few days since Suho gave Yixing those snacks. The boys had a very tight schedule; hence they didn't have any free time to do anything. And when they finally did, they were too tired to do anything more than eat, shower and sleep.

Yixing and Suho were working themselves hard, trying to distract their minds from each other. They both wanted to get along better, but didn't know how to do it. Suho wasn't sure about the methods, and Yixing had some other reasons for not being able to forgive Suho.

After some photo-shooting, they all had an hour break, which was a blissful thing since they were all exhausted. Suho then decided it's the perfect time to talk to Yixing.
They never really had a proper conversation and honestly, they should have.

Yixing planned to go with Luhan and Jongdae to just rest for the next hour, but Suho came towards him as soon as the photo-shoot ended and the break was announced.

He grabbed Yixing's hand from behind, which surprised Yixing a little bit, and just said "We need to talk."
The younger boy was caught off guard but soon regained control over himself, "There's nothing to talk about." He replied quickly and tried to hide the fact that he was nervous. Really nervous.
"Yes there is."
Yixing hesitated for a second, but Jongdae signed him to go talk to him, and so he did.

Both Luhan and Jongdae went together to rest while Yixing and Suho stayed there, standing.
"What do you want to talk about" Yixing asked innocently as if he didn't know what this was about and slipped his hand from Suho's.
"You know exactly what." Suho said rather coldly, and Yixing froze.

"Look, I'm really sorry for what I did." His voice became gentle all of a sudden, "I was wrong and I know it, but we're in the same band now and you can't ignore me forever."

Yixing remained silent, and deep in thought. He didn't know what to do because the feelings were flooding him. He wasn't even sure what it was exactly, but it bothered him and he just couldn't forgive Suho, although he wanted to.

After a long pause, Suho broke it when he said "We need to settle things between us."
"There's nothing to settle." Yixing replied quickly. His heartbeat turned faster, and he became even more nervous. He hoped Suho wouldn't notice, since he was trying really hard to hide it.
"Yes there is!" Suho raised his voice, "I said I was sorry, and I truly regret anything I had done to you." He was sounding a little desperate.

"No, there isn't!" Yixing snapped. He felt his heart beat even faster and heat rising within him.
Suho now noticed that Yixing was nervous. It was too obvious for him to hide.
"You didn't really do anything wrong! It's just... I don't even know, okay?!"
"Yixing, what is wrong?" Suho asked him with concern, he never saw Yixing like that, with anyone. He wondered why he's acting like this in front of him.

"NOTHING IS WRONG!" he yelled back at him, and it was obvious that something was wrong. But even Yixing himself didn't fully understand what it is.
"There is something, you can't hide it."
"I said there is nothing!" Yixing's hands tightened to the sides of his body, he was feeling helpless, "and even if there is, it's none of your business, okay?!"
"But maybe I can hel-"
"NO YOU CAN'T!" Yixing nearly screamed now, feeling really hot and nervous, and the he walked away angrily.

Suho was left standing there, shocked. He definitely never thought he would see Yixing like this.
Yixing was always either quite or noisy in a matter of humor and silliness, never really angry.

~~

Yixing had been training hard ever since he just became a trainee.
Every day he would go to the company, he would train since the early morning until after midnight.
He was, and still, giving his all to be the best he can.

It was a Thursday at noon, and all the trainees had break for lunch. As soon as Yixing finished eating, he went to a small studio to practice his singing, while the others went to dance practice, so he was all alone.

That was, until a group of 5 trainees entered the studio. They all have been in the company for a few good years, and unlike Yixing, they were all Korean. One of them was Suho.

"Well hello there, Xingie. Are you alone?" Asked one of them teasingly. His name was Sunghyun, and he trained the most among them.
"Yes..." Yixing replied silently after a few seconds.
"Hmm, too bad that even extra hours won't help you. You'll never be good at that." Sunghyun said and the others started giggling, while Yixing lowered his look a bit.

Yixing had a bad feeling about it; he knew where this was leading to. It wasn't the first time they came to him at times he was alone.

"Yeah, have you seen him at that Chinese stupid music show? He won second! Those Chinese has no sense of music." Added Suho.
"Whoa, he won second?" laughed Sunghyun, followed by the others. "If he's the best there, I don't want to how bad the other Chinese are."

That was Yixing's weak point. Since that show he was a Chinese little star, but he knew it doesn't mean anything now. He decided to leave it all behind and start anew in Korea, as an SM trainee.
Moreover, he knew he had a lot more to improve on before being considered 'Good'.
He didn't believe he was the best now, so he couldn't really answer those comments about him, because a part of him thought they were right.

"You're so bad, I'm sure they let you perform just to laugh at you." Said another trainee, and Suho added "Yeah, I saw that video where he sang the fish song. So pathetic." And as he said it, the others started laughing again.

But not for long as Sunghyun said seriously "You Chinese filth don't deserve being here. You will never debut, and we can make sure of that."

The moment he finished the sentence, he kicked Yixing in the stomach as he fell on the floor.

Unfortunately, it wasn't surprising to Yixing, since they used to hit him sometimes.

"I really don't understand this company. It's a Korean company, not Chinese! And you're not talented at all! What are you even doing here?!" Sunghyun began yelling as he went to Yixing who was trying to get up, preventing it from him by kicking him in the guts again.
"Go back to the filthy China where you belong!"

He continued hitting Yixing in the stomach, the back, and his limbs as he signaled the others to help him.
"Just don't hurt him in the face." A voice said, and it was Suho.
"What did you say?" Sunghyun asked surprised. "You mean, you care for that dirt?"
"No! Just think about it. If you hurt him in the face, people will notice. Besides, his face is ugly as it is, hitting him will make him prettier."
"Oh, I see. Good point."

Yixing just stayed there, silently, taking the hits.
One would wonder why he didn't protest. Well, he couldn't. He felt vulnerable, as he was one against five. And at first he did try to protest, but he never succeeded, so he gave up.
They would usually hit him a little bit until they're satisfied and go.
But this time was different.

They continued hitting him, lifting and throwing him on the wall, as if they were trying to kill him.
Yixing felt the pain, and tried hard not to show it on his face, He thought he might have broken something.
And that's when he noticed everyone was hitting him except Suho, who was watching, no expression on his face.

Even with all the physical pain he was receiving, somehow this was the most painful one. He was watching Suho for quite a while, and seeing him not care what the others do to him, hurt. A lot.
He was looking at him, a sad expression in his eyes. Suho looked back at him.
It was as if Yixing was asking for help, though he knew he wasn't going to get it.
Suho just remained expressionless, and Yixing had no idea what was going on in his mind.

The trainees continued hitting him for a long time, seeming to enjoy it very much. Yixing was full of dry bruises from the hits, and he was also bleeding from being thrown on objects here and there.

"Isn't that enough?" Suho declared with a strong voice. "You're going too far."
"What, you feel sorry for him?!" One of them answered, yelling.
"No, but I think it's too obvious he was attacked now. You could be caught."
"I don't think so! Because little Xingie won't tell on us, right?" Sunghyun said as he took Yixing's hair in his hand, pulling it back and making him gasp from the sudden pain and look him in the eyes.
"RIGHT?!"

All Yixing could do is nod weakly, tears forming in his eyes, he didn't think he could talk now even if he wanted to.

"He doesn't need to tell on us for the company to discover. They will investigate. Stop it now."
"Whatever." Sunghyun said and threw Yixing away. "Let's go."
And so the four left Yixing there, lying on the floor, totally beat and innocent.

Suho stayed there a few seconds, looking at Yixing, still expressionless, mumbling something Yixing couldn't hear and left.

~~

The break ended and Yixing didn't get much rest.
After another long day, they all came back to the dorms late.

Yixing was lying on the bed in his room, eyes closed, hand resting on his forehead, breathing deeply.
He was confused.
The room was so silent the only thing heard was Yixing's breathing. Most of the others already went to sleep.

After a short period of that silence that seemed like forever, it was broken by the door opening and a person entering. Yixing couldn't see who it was in the darkness, but he guessed it can only be his roommate, of course.

His guess was confirmed by a sweet familiar voice asking "Are you okay?"
Even in the darkness he could notice Yixing's position, and he knew Yixing was troubled. His hand was always resting on his forehead when he was troubled.

All Yixing did was replying "Yeah, I'm just tired," out of his breath, which was obviously a lie.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Jongdae asked softly.
"About what?" he was never really good at avoiding conversations, apparently.
"You know what..." he said, voice staying soft and low "Suho."

Yixing sighed and sat up, facing the other side of the room, not looking at Jongdae.

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay too."
Although Jongdae really wanted to hear what happened with Suho after he left, and be able to help Yixing, he also didn't want to force him to tell. It had to come from him.
Yixing lowered his head a bit and said, almost whispering. "He apologized to me and asked us to settle things between us."
"Well, that's great. Isn't that what you want too?" Jongdae replied softly with a smile, now sitting next to Yixing.
"Yes, but... I'm confused."
"Why?"
"Because I..." He hesitated as if to say it or not, but decided to do it, "I think I love him."

Yixing's voice was weak and cracked, but through the silence, Jongdae heard it loud and clear, like a sharp stab to his chest.
Until this very moment, Jongdae felt something here and there when he was with Yixing, and he wasn't that sure about it. But now it was clear. Now he knew what it is, and he couldn't deny it.

The silence returned, and again, it seemed like eternity.

"W-why?" the younger boy stuttered. "He hurt you, so why?"
"That's what confuses me..."
Jongdae's heartbeat fastened a little as Yixing continued. "I don't know what to do. He wants just to get along, but I... I think I prefer nothing over it..."

Jongdae calmed himself down so he could help Yixing and said, "Tell you what. I think you should accept it. It would be a lot better than to ignore him and make him and others upset. And since you two never talked normally, you don't know what he thinks of you." And don't know what someone closer to you thinks of you, he continued in his head "...if you want, I can help you with that."

"Really?" Yixing asked, finally facing Jongdae now.
"Yes, really." The latter replied with a smile, hiding the sadness in his eyes.

Although it hurt, he really wanted to help Yixing. All he wanted is for him to be happy. That's everything he cared about right now.
He now realized that all he needs is Yixing, nothing more.
But he also realized it probably won't happen.
Even though he knew it, he craved for it, and nevertheless wanted to help Yixing as much as he could.

"Thank you, Jongdae." Yixing said and gave him a hug. He had not idea of what it means to Jongdae.
He had no idea how he thinks of him.

"I'll always be here when you for you."

They stayed in that position for a long time. Yixing seemingly fell asleep on Jongdae.

Jongdae laid him back on the bed, and covered him with a blanket. He sat on the edge of Yixing's bed, staring at the peacefully sleeping Yixing, as the light of the moon shined on his face.
He didn't feel tired, though he knew he needs sleep. He could stay in that position forever, watching Yixing's angelic face. He smiled to himself and gestured with his lips 'I love you', no sound heard.

After a few more minutes, he got up and went to the other side of the room, to his own bed. It took him no more than 5 minutes to fall asleep deeply, dreaming about magical unicorns.

~~

The next day was time for the EXO-M boys to fly back to China, and Suho was upset about that.
His conversation with Yixing didn't go that well, and now there is no chance for them to talk again for a long time.
Well, at least he has more time to think it over. AGAIN.

All the members gathered in the living room of their dorms, six suitcases standing in the middle.

They were always emotional and cheesy whenever they were separated, even if it was for only a few days, but this time it was overly emotional.
Even though it was understandable, since they were never apart for two weeks, it was on the verge of being ridiculous.

Not to mention that Tao cried the most, whining about missing the other half.
But they were all very cheesy about it, hugging and stuff.
It seemed as if it was going to last forever, or as if they are going to fight in a war or something.

Suho wanted to say goodbye to Yixing, who was unsurprisingly ignoring him again. That was the least he wanted now, before Yixing went and they won't be able to have a proper conversation for another two weeks.

"What are you waiting for?" Kyungsoo whispered into Suho's ear.
"I can't do it," the older whispered back.
"Why?" the younger asked surprised, "didn't you talk to him already?"
"Yeah..." he sighed, "it didn't go that well."
"Oh, I see..." and as he said it he didn't talk more, as both of them looked at Yixing.

They saw Jongdae whispering something to Yixing, as if he was pushing him to do something, while the older was shaking his head nervously.

'I wonder what they are doing' Suho thought to himself.

"Okay! Stop the cuddling, it's time to go." The manager shouted and Suho snapped out of his bubble.
"It's only two weeks, really..." he heard the manager mumble to himself and sigh, as he continued staring as Yixing until they were gone, noticing Yixing was glimpsing at him occasionally.
'I'm definitely going to talk to him again when he's back' Suho thought to himself, determined.

~~

The plane landed in China and the fans were roaming at the airport.
The first to get out of the car was Kris, who, again, was rocking the airport like his own private runaway. One after another they got out of the car, and the last one was Yixing.

When he saw all the fans, he felt pressured. As if everyone knows, although it's not true.
He didn’t want the fans to see his face troubled.
He tried to smile as he usually does whenever fans called his name, but he seriously wanted to pass the airport already. They were driving him insane, and the security didn't do a really good job in preventing the fans from getting too near.

As they finally passed the airport and got into the car again, Yixing felt relieved. They had a long ride until they reach their dorms, so as Jongdae sat next to him, he leaned his head on the younger's shoulder and fell asleep not too long after.

Jongdae watched him and his hair carefully.
'If you only knew...' he sighed as he thought to himself.

~~

Jongdae kept watching Yixing after they arrived to the dorms, wanting to speak to him, but not doing so because Yixing was in a bad mood right now. It made Jongdae himself be depressed. Things weren't going very well for any of them.

They were all sitting in Tao and Minseok's room, talking and relaxing a little before they will have to work themselves out again.
Jongdae saw how Luhan was trying to cheer Yixing up, with pretty good results, since Yixing looks as if he was just fine, acting as himself.

'Why can't I do that...?' Jongdae sighed at the thought, not noticing someone approaching towards him. That was unusual, since you can't miss such a big figure.

"I see someone is depressed." A deep voice was heard silently in the younger's ears.
Before the surprised Jongdae could even react, he saw that Kris was taking him by the hand saying "Come."

The younger was sitting, so Kris had to pull him up. He was still surprised, so it was easy to drag him.
"We're going to our room." Was all Kris announced as he closed the door behind them.

Their room had two separate beds which had a small distance between them. Kris dragged Jongdae and sat him on one bed as he sat on his own next to the younger.

"You can talk to me."
"A-about what?" Jongdae was still a bit dazed off and wasn't entirely aware of what just happened or what the latter was saying. He didn't notice he was doing the exact same thing as Yixing, acting oblivious as if nothing was wrong.

"Don't act innocent to me; I know you're not okay. I am your Duizhang, so you can talk to me." Kris' look was firm and he was absolutely sure to make Jongdae talk to him and spill his problems.
The younger felt that well and knew he doesn't have any way of running away from it.
Although Kris was pretty tough, and one would think that's not the way of solving problems, there was something really comforting in the way he helped others.

"Yes, you are my Duizhang." He still tried to avoid answering, but the stare he was getting confirmed that it doesn't work and he should continue talking.

"And..." he hesitated for a second "...it's Yixing." He finally said out of his breath with a sigh.

"I know its Yixing, you dummy. You're too obvious about that. I want to know exactly what is going on."
"But-"
"Jongdae." He said firmly, staring harshly at the younger, but then softened "I want to help you."

And so Jongdae nodded and told Kris about all the complicated things that were going on. About Yixing and Suho, and how he himself loved Yixing, and seeing him like that made him depressed too.

"Oh, I see..." Kris said as he secretly thought 'What the hell did I just get myself into...?'

He tried to absorb what he had just been told. Although he knew a little about the situation, he had no idea how complicated this was.

As he was trying to think of how to react Jongdae continued "I want to confess to him, do you think I should?"

"No! No..." the older said, somehow a bit nervous. Jongdae didn't expect that kind of reaction.
"Why?"
"T-That would be awkward..." he said with a voice less steady than before "Because... Awkward."
"Awkward? But I have to-"
"You know what?" the older stopped him since he just couldn't handle it anymore "Sleep on that, we'll talk tomorrow, okay? I'll go tell the others to sleep too, it's late and we have another schedule tomorrow." And as he finished, he stood up and went out of the room.

"O-Okay..." the younger was left there shocked and confused. He has never seen Kris acting this way, and he had no idea this would be his reaction.

Jongdae kept staring blankly at the wall in front of him. Maybe he shouldn't have told Kris all of this?

'But I want...' he started thinking as he noticed he felt sleepy, so he went to bed before Kris came back.

~~

"I think the plane already arrived..." Suho mumbled to himself as he sipped from the coffee that he just bought in the café of the company. He realized this is a perfect place to relax, and he used the fact that he had a 2 hours break.

He pondered to himself, forgetting about Kyungsoo who was sitting right next to him.

"You should stop thinking about him for awhile." He said with a worried voice "I think you're making it hard on yourself."
"Hmm..." the older sighed as he remembered he's not alone "I don't think I can."
"Why?"

"Because he loves Yixing, duh." A third voice surprised them both, and Jongin came out of nowhere.
"Wh- since when are you here?" Suho asked shocked.
"Just now. What, don't you know I can teleport?"
"That's just for the MV, Jongin." Kyungsoo said a little amused.
"No it's not, fact is, both of you didn't notice me."
"Well... I accept this tim- wait, what did you say again?" Kyungsoo said surprised again when he remembered what Jongin said as he came in.

"I said Suho hyung loves Yixing." The youngest said again naturally as if it was a matter-of-fact thing.
"W-What are you talking about?" Suho asked nervous.
"See, you're nervous, that proves me right."

Suho had realized it a long time ago, but he didn't want to admit it. He didn't think he was worthy at all after what he's done. But how did Jongin know that? He didn't tell anyone, he barely admitted it himself.

"H-How are you so sure?" the oldest asked, failing again in hiding his nervousness.
"Because it's written on your forehead. I know you long enough, hyung." Jongin said as he looked at Suho with a smile, which made him blush.
"Yeah, well, he is in love himself, he should know." Kyungsoo grinned back at Jongin, happy to get him back.
"Huh? What are you talking about now?" Jongin said, eyes wide open.
"Don't pretend, I know about you and Luhan." Kyungsoo said, with his grin still there.
Suho could see Jongin blushing "W-What? Luhan? What does he have to do with this?"

"See, you're blushing. It's true." Kyungsoo said and Suho was now too confused. How did Jongin know about him loving Yixing, and what the hell is going on between Luhan and Jongin and how does Kyungsoo know? That was too weird for him.
"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" Suho asked, frustrated.

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo turned to stare at him.
"I don't know either." Jongin answered.
"But you're the one who started this." Kyungsoo shot back at him.

Suho took a deep breath and decided to admit to get the answers he wants now.
"Kyungsoo, did you know too?"
"Well..." he mumbled "Yeah, I knew."
"How?"
"It seems that way when you talk about him."

"Really?" Suho's eyes widened "And now, what about Jongin and Luhan?" he was fast to change the subject.

As he said it, Jongin got nervous again "Nothing, really."
"Don't lie." Kyungsoo shot at him again, and he said as if it was a normal thing to say out loud "They're together secretly."
The youngest was about to protest again, but Kyungsoo stopped him "Don't even try to deny it." And Jongin gave up.
"How did you know?"
"I know everything; don't think you're the only one with that ability." Kyungsoo giggled.

"Okay, that was unexpected." Suho said and sighed. "What am I supposed to do?" he asked and put his head in his hands.

"Give yourself a little break, first." Kyungsoo said as he Suho's hand.

"I think you should tell him everything when he comes back." Jongin said seriously.
The older raised his head and looked at him, Jongin looking back.
"Yixing doesn't know anything about what happened after. Tell him about that and how you feel. It may take him time, but I'm sure he will understand."

"I hope so..." Suho said as he took another sip of his coffee. "Thanks, you two." He said with a smile.
"Although you are such jerks."

~~

Two weeks have passed and the boys came back from China.
This was his chance, Suho thought. This time he will talk to Yixing, and finally make things clear.
He realized he can’t just approach him the way he did last time; they need to sit and talk properly.
Jongin is right; he needs to tell Yixing everything, the whole truth of what happened that day.

He wanted forgiveness, but he wasn’t entirely sure he will get it.
As long as Yixing knows, it’s fine with him.
He was preparing himself, thinking about how exactly he is going to say everything, just to not mess up. Maybe he took it a little too far, but it was really important for him so succeed in this conversation.

And success for him means that Yixing will listen and understand what he is saying. Getting forgiveness is only a bonus, one that he would really like to get.
He was sitting in the living room of their dorms, waiting for the boys to come.
He couldn’t deny how nervous he was, and was imagining again how their conversation will look like, declining things he shouldn’t say.

About an hour passed, and he could finally hear noises from outside.
It was definitely them. The other Korean members came out from their rooms as they heard the noises, so they could greet the others. As the door opened, they all greeted each other, even more emotionally than the goodbye.
“You guys are unbelievable.” mumbled the manager, shaking his head and laughing a little.

Suho’s heart started beating fast, and he was getting nervous. ‘Now is the time, you can do it’ he told himself as he approached Yixing. Kyungsoo and Jongin were watching him closely, but he couldn’t even bother to remember them.

“Hi Yixing, how was China?” Suho asked him with a big smile on his face, but looking at him, he was really awkward.
“Ah...” the younger hesitated a bit, “It was fine.”
“Oh, good.” This wasn’t starting good.
You have to pull yourself together’ Suho thought and then said “Okay, I’ll get to the point. We need to talk, and not like last time.”
 
Yixing blinked back at him, hesitating a lot and thinking. “Please?” the older added “I really need to tell you some things about that day.”
This has caught Yixing’s attention a little more, and he nodded. They both went to Suho’s room and as they passed Kyungsoo and Jongin, the older whispered to them, pointing his finger “Don’t dare interfere,” and closed the door behind them.

“Okay, we won’t interfere with you making love.” Jongin hissed under his breath, smiling, as Kyungsoo hit him with his elbow, “Will you shut up for once?”
“Never.” he answered straight with a grin.
Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes in response and laughed.

 

Suho sat on his bed, as Yixing sat on the other one.
They were both silent for a few minutes, and for both of them it seemed much longer.

“Okay,” Suho started with a sigh, “Do you know what I am going to talk about?”
“About that day I was sent to the hospital because of you.” Yixing said straightforward, though not looking at Suho. It was unclear where he was looking at. It was also unexpected for him to answer this question without trying to get away with it. Yixing must have realized that he can’t run away anymore, that they really need to talk about it, and he was willing to listen this time.

“I’m going to tell you all the truth about this day. You can choose whether to believe me or not, and I don’t expect you to forgive me for this. I just want you to listen.” He said and Yixing nodded.

“At this time, I was hanging out a lot with Sunghyun, and I was influenced by him and his group. He liked to bully Chinese members, especially you,” Yixing lowered his head and Suho continued, “All I did was throw some bad words here and there, and I really thought it was funny sometimes.” Suho said as he laughed, but this laugh was one of shame, he was embarrassed at what he did.

“That day Sunghyun told us he was sick of you, and wanted to teach you a lesson...” Suho’s eyes dimmed “I didn’t really think about what that meant, so I went with him. As we got there, I understood very well. But I didn’t dare to do anything. I was afraid, so I tried to hold him back without being too obvious...” Yixing remembered the things Suho said back there, his expression unreadable.

“As they all started hitting you, I felt like I have nothing to do, so I just... stood there and watched, hoping they would stop. I was wrong here, I should’ve stopped them right then.” He said as he bit his lips, not able to look at Yixing, who wasn’t looking at him either.

“After they went away, I wanted to apologize. But I couldn’t. I just mumbled it to myself instead of saying it clear.” and Yixing remembered he heard him. His thinking about the situation started to change, but his look is still unreadable.

“As soon as I got out of the studio, I went to report about it, and called an ambulance. It shouldn’t justify anything, I was wrong, I know it. And I’m really sorry. Although the other ones were expelled from the company and I didn't, I received my punishment and if you think I deserve more, then so be it."

This time Yixing and Suho looked at each other, the older being serious and younger's look deeming "No... I don't think you deserve more." Yixing finally said with a weak voice after a while of being quiet.

"After I was taken to the hospital, I couldn't move for over a week. I had a lot of broken bones, but the worst part was the inside bleeding..." He said, voice keeping low "They said that if they had been called a bit later, I would have been dead by then."
Suho's eyes widened as he remembered 'oh right, his Hemophilia'.

"If you hadn't called an ambulance that time, we wouldn't be talking right now." Yixing's voice was now cracking "I... I didn't know. I'm sorry."
"What are apologizing for? I was the one who was wrong, not you."
"I'm sorry for ignoring you. I thought... I don't even know what, but I didn't think we could get along, though..."
"Though what?"
"...Never mind."

Suho wondered what did he want to say, but let that go and asked, "So are we at least okay now?" smiling as brightly as he can, this time it was genuine, and not the least bit awkward. Yixing smiled brightly back at him and said "We're okay." As both of them stood up and shared a hug.

There was something in that hug that they both felt, but both deemed with saddened eyes, ignoring it, not noticing the other felt the same way.

The door opened and Yixing came out of the door, as he saw Kyungsoo and Jongin jerking back from the door "What are you guys doing...?" He asked suspiciously.
"N-Nothing, really, we were just..." Kyungsoo started nervously "Sitting in the corridor and playing hand games, see?" Jongin quickly covered up and they both started playing.

"Yeah... Of course." Yixing said with a straight face, but held himself from laughing. Suho came right from behind him and watched the two playing hand games.
"That's the worst cover up you have ever came up with." He said face palming himself.
"Oh well, it's not like I didn't know you would eavesdrop us, no matter what I would do."

Yixing was eyeing them and Suho, realizing they knew, and well, he didn't care either, because they were just too funny to watch.
Both Suho and Yixing each went back to their own business as Kyungsoo and Jongin kept playing until they were gone.

"That's the best cover up you could think of?!" Kyungsoo hissed to Jongin angrily.
"What do you want? You didn't say anything and I had just about one second to come up with something myself."
"If you could even think."
"Hey!"

~~

Since that conversation, Yixing and Suho's relationship indeed became a lot better. Yixing stopped ignoring him and they even joked with each other sometimes.

EXO are now in Thailand, all participating in a variety show, having a great time there.
Both of them felt a lot better around each other, and there was even a short moment when Suho hugged Yixing around the waist to bring him nearer.
The interaction was still not as best friends, but it was a great change from what they were before.

The boys had a free day to have fun in Thailand, so at the end of the day they were partying at their temporary dorms. Well, not really partying, since they couldn't, but they were all together, having a good time.

Yixing, Suho, Jongdae, Kris, Tao, Sehun, Luhan and Minseok sat together, talking, laughing and eating the little snacks the company allowed them.

"Yixing and Suho are a lot better since they were in that room together, what do you think happened there?" Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol, both sitting away from the others.
"They definitely made love to each other." Chanyeol answered nodding, absolutely certain he is right.
"Huh? You think?!" the older asked surprised.
"Of course, what do you think they did, talk?" Chanyeol looked back at him, as if the option of talking is an act of craziness.

"I told you." Jongin was heard mockingly from behind them, which made both jerk a little in their sits.
"Told who what?" Chanyeol asked the younger suspiciously.
"Told Kyungsoo I can't be the only one who though that." He replied, giggling.
"Are you even serious, we heard them talking." Kyungsoo said, rolling his eyes.
"Shhh, you can never know." Jongin shushed him and Baekhyun started laughing.
"What are you laughing at?" Chanyeol and Jongin asked together, turning to look at Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo sighed and laughed too "You two are idiots."
"As if you're better." Jongin mocked back.
"Why yes, yes I am." Kyungsoo grinned back.
"Whatever." Jongin hissed and went to Luhan. The older smiled at him, and they both went away to some private place.

"Oh well, but these two really does." Kyungsoo announced looking at the two go away, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol agreed with him nodding.
"And you two?" Kyungsoo looked at them as they turned to each other nervously "Just kidding, it doesn't really matter."

 

Jongdae watched Yixing and Suho getting along with each other, talking and laughing together. He would like to say he was happy, but he wasn't sure about that. On the one hand, he really was happy for them, but on the other he was also sad because he knew what it might become.

As Yixing stood up to get more water, Jongdae walked after him.
"I see things are a lot better now." Jongdae said with his sweet voice, smiling.
"Yes, it is." The older smiled back at him.
"What did you talk about?"
"He cleared some things to me, so it's good now." Yixing said as he poured some water into his glass.
"Oh, I see, that's great." Jongdae smiled, hiding the pain in his heart.

"Did you tell him?" he finally asked.
"Tell him what?" Yixing asked confused.
"That you..." the younger asked and Yixing quickly replied "No. And I don't think I will." He said and Jongdae let out a sigh of relief as Yixing took his glass and went back.

He looked at Yixing and then at Suho. Suho also looked at Yixing, and this look was familiar to him.
'But what if... he confesses to you?' He thought to himself, lowering his head, not noticing again Kris approaching him.

 

Suho was having fun, laughing with the others, and then he saw Kyungsoo coming near him. He took Suho a little farther from the others, so no one will be able to hear them.

"So, what did you tell him?" Kyungsoo asked and Suho said "The truth. Exactly what happened that day and what I did after, and he understood."
"Did you tell him the whole truth?" Kyungsoo grinned at him.
"What whole-" he started but Kyungsoo interrupted him "You know, that you love him." He said quietly as Suho's eyes widened "Are you crazy? There's no way he-"
"I think he does." Kyungsoo interrupted him again.

"What?" He asked confused after a short while of staring at the younger.
"I said, I think he does too. I can see it." Kyungsoo said certain about that.
"How do you know?" Suho asked skeptically.
"Was I ever wrong with this?" the younger stared at him with his extremely wide eyes.

"Well... not yet." Suho admitted and sighed.
"Good, so go do it. And do it today, you won't have any time tomorrow." Kyungsoo said strictly, as if he was the older one.

"I agree with Kyungsoo, but only this time." Jongin said, appearing out of nowhere, his hair a bit messy.
"And where have you been?" Kyungsoo asked him, giggling at his looks.

"I agree that you should confess, hyung." The younger turned to Suho, ignoring Kyungsoo successfully.
Suho asked, unsure "Do you think?"
"Hey, don't ignore me!" Kyungsoo said angrily.
"Silence, you!" The younger shushed Kyungsoo, but the older insisted "You should respect me! I am your hyung!"
"Whatever, you're off subject." Jongin said "But I do agree that Yixing loves you too."

Kyungsoo and Jongin kept fighting about Jongin talking respectfully or not, but Suho no longer cared. He thought about what both of them said, and they were indeed right every time until now, so he decided to give it a try.

 

The boys were beginning to go back to their rooms and as Suho came towards Yixing, he overheard a conversation between Kris and Jongdae.

"So, will you give me a chance?" Kris asked with a pleading look Suho has never seen from him. After a short silence, he saw Jongdae nodding and smiling, while both of them shared a hug.

On any other day he would wonder what this was about, but he didn't bother, as he neared Yixing.
"Um, mind to come to my room for a little?" Suho asked him, hesitantly.
"Why?" Yixing asked confused.
"Just because, come."  Suho said with a smile and took his hand.
He looked at Kyungsoo who took it as a sign to no enter their room in the meanwhile.

 

They entered Suho's room, both awkwardly silent.
"So..." the older started hesitantly, breaking the silence. "I wanted to tell you something." He said as his heart started beating faster.
"What is it?" Yixing looked at him silently, his heart also somehow beating faster.
"I'm not sure how to say it, and I don't know how you'll react, but I'll say it anyway." Yixing kept staring at him, thinking he knows where this was going, but then thinking it is impossible.

There was a minute of very long silence, and then Suho finally said "I... I love you."

Yixing's eyes widened as he tried to consume what he had just heard.

"I knew it, you don't..." Suho lowered his head and Yixing quickly said "No!" which confused Suho and made him raise his head and look back at the other one.

"I..." Yixing started, also hesitating for a moment. "I love you too." And this time Suho's eyes widened.
"What?" he was so surprised to hear it from Yixing.
"Then..." he smiled and the younger smiled back at him gently. "Would you...?"
"Yes." Yixing answered before Suho could complete his sentence.

They stared at each other for a long time, and then it seemed that time has stopped as both locked lips together gently. It was something they both wanted, they both denied it at the thought this thing was impossible. That it won't ever happen.

And now, they were closer than ever. Their kiss started so gently, since they were both afraid. But as they continued, it began heating up and become more passionate, their hands starting to travel along each other.

Their kiss lasted longer than each of them can remember, and as they finally broke it, both messy and breathless, Suho said between his breathings "You should go back to your room now. We have a long day tomorrow."
"Yes..." Yixing said with a smile, and as they had another small kiss he said "Good night. See you tomorrow."
"Good night, Xingie." The sound of this nickname ringed nicely in the younger's ears as he came back to his room, still smiling.
The both slept wonderfully this night.

~~

The next day they had an interview of the whole twelve.
There was now a question session and one of them was familiar to them.

"So, I would like to know. Are there any strange relationships or awkwardness between you? After all, you're a new group, and there are twelve of you. I bet that's pretty hard." The Thai MC asked smiling.

This time there was no silence as Suho answered right away, looking at Yixing who was sitting in front of him again "No. We all get along very well with each other."
"Really? Are you sure?" asked the MC suspiciously, apparently isn't convinced yet.
But Suho said "Yes." With such a bright smile, that everyone who looked at him at that moment just had to believe him.