Promise Haunted by the PAST

FRIENDS' PLOT

 

--ON THE PARTY--

Kai entered the backdoor of the White Lion club and headed to the table where the others are.

"Yo! Luhan! Why are you drinking man?" He rolled his eyes for a vacant seat.

 

"Hey Kai! It's been a long time!" The others around Luhan balled their fist and bumped it slowly to Kai's hands. "What took you so long?"

 

"What are you talking about? The "mushroom" just got here in Korea. I needed to her. It keeps talking and talking. I can't help it. It's really annoying." Kai answered the anonymous voice.

 

“-Wait! Wait! A mushroom?? Are you nuts? You’re talking to a mushroom?” Tao asked blankly.

 

“Idiot! It’s the girl! You know…the girl!” Kris patted Tao’s back and said. “Park Runa! Rungie?.... Ruyoungie?...remember?”

 

“Runa? Rungie? …Ruyoungie?..Ahh! The one who claimed that she’s Kai’s future wife?” Tao asked. Kris nodded and began to tease Kai. The gang was in the middle of teasing Kai when~

 

“Youngie is here? Why?” Luhan asked, out of the blue.

 

“Ohh. He finally talked! I’m glad Kai came or else Luhan will not spit a word.” Kris, who is amused, ran to Luhan’s side and hugged him. Luhan was serious about the question.

 

Kai answered. “She came to finish what she can’t do, that’s what she told me.”

 

Luhan didn’t close his eyes a single time. He diverted his sight on his glass of alcohol. After a while, he stand-up and took his jacket walking towards his car.

 

“What happened there?” Baekhyun asked. Kris and the others just shook their heads in response to baekhyun.

 

-----

 

 

Kai returned home late. He was drinking alcohol and couldn’t drive. So, Kris and the man called Sehun brought him back riding on a Ferrari. They left leaving Kai into Runa’s hands.”If Auntie caught Kai drinking with us, then it maybe the end of  him..”Sayonara ,bye-bye ”… So take care of Kai for us..~ja ne”

 

 

----The next morning-----

 

Runa’s POV

I was trying to force Kai-oppa.

 

“Kai-oppa! You said you have a date! But then, you were drinking? What’s the meaning of this?” Kai covered my mouth. He pinched both of my cheeks and stretched them. He widened his eyes and glared at me.

 

“Okay! I won’t tell Aunt.” I promised. “If you’ll take me with you next time! (smirk)”

 

“What? No!”I’d rather listen to Mom’s nagging than to let you off their sights.”

 

“Please Kai-oppa! I’m bored on schools and stuff!  I wanted FUN!! F-U-N!” I begged and pouted. I used my aegyoo and my cuteness while he was avoiding to look at my face. “* Do you really hate me that much?(cuteness) I…hmm…Aunt! I have something to say!”

 

“WAIT!” He immediately rushed and held me. I know that he’s afraid of his mother and I took it as a big advantage when I want something. After securing me, he regain his poise and said: ”I’ll consider it ,Mushroom! …(whispering) just forget the part that I was drinking. “

 

“ Jinjja?!!Yahooo!!” I jumped on my place and ran around him just like a child. “I like you kai-oppa! You’re the best person; the handsomest; the politest I ever met!”

 

He released a big sigh and chuckled.

------

 

 

“Yo man!” Kai comforted himself in the couch.

“Anyeong!” Runa bowed to the gang.

“What the- Why’d you bring her here?” They grabbed Kai and spoke to him.

“She wanted to go or else I’ll be…” He brought his hands horizontally in front of his neck and crossed it over; spitting his tongue out.

“Luhan will be here any moment.  You know him! He’ll go berserk. Even Rungie’s name….” Baekhyun grunted. They all released a big sigh.

“Luhan-op....Luhan-shi!”

 

“…”Luhan didn’t spit a word. He just went staring at Runa then intently looking at the other boys. He went for a can of soda then to a vacant couch. “Yo guys! Who’s the girl? Another one you picked from the bar?”

 

“It’s Park Runa. Rungie”

“Ah! Runa-shi. It’s been a long time. Hey guys! I can’t go tonight I have a girl.”He ,clearly, wanted to avoid Runa and shifted to another topic.

 

Runa and Luhan had always been friends not until sudden changes took form. They end up being cold to each other despite their want to greet and like each other.

It was then when they realized their own mistakes and want improvements to them selves. But, the end is near. It was too late. Their past give them reason to forget their pain on loosing each other.

-----

Several Days Later

 

“Ahh! Sorry I didn’t mean to spill my coffee.”

“Hey! It’s been a long time!”

“You have time to drink? Come on!”

“What do you want?”

 

These are the words of the anonymous voices inside a foreign restaurant.

“One Espresso Macchiato please and a Chocolate Amaretto cake.”

“Yes Ma’am! Coming up!” The woman on the counter replied.

 

The restaurant was packed. It’s still eight in the morning yet the place was full of people. It’s always busy across the streets so many people have their breakfast in diners and restaurants nearby.

 

“Ahm. Excuse me. Is this seat vacant?” The guy sitting opposite to the chair was covered.

“Hmmm..” She pointed the chair. The guy nodded but didn’t say a word.

Runa pulled a Vogue mag. in the magazine stand. She’s so focused on reading it.

 

“Here’s your order sir. One Espresso Macchiato and Chocolate Amaretto cake.” The waitress put the guy’s order in the table and bowed.

 

“Wait. You must have been mistaken. That order was mine.” Runa said.

“ No Ma’am, it’s the order of this man. I remembered him with a large bill. He ordered one coffee Latte but we had no change and so we let him change his order again.” The waitress replied to the latter.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry. I thought…” She gave an apologetic smile to the woman. “I’ll just wait for my order. Thank you.”

 

 

--After a while---

“Here’s your order Miss. One Espresso Macchiato and Chocolate Amaretto cake. If I am not mistaken?”

“Ahh Yes. Thank you.”

“So we had the same order huh?.Errr.. I’m sorry I mistook yours from mine.” She said; looking back and forth to her magazine and to the man.

“Don’t  worry. Arrogant people will always do that.” He replied.

“What!? How dare you-……”Calm down. Calm down. Wait the voice is familiar…

Aish~ Look, I said I’m sorry but if you’ll insult me further, I can’t promise not to hurt you.” She waited for an answer but the guy was quiet.

 

She slightly tilted her head to see the guy’s face. The guy was sipping his coffee. She, later, slowly took the hat off the guy’s head.

 

“What the-….” The guy’s expression shifted from angry to shock as to whom he was speaking to. “Ruyoung-…..Runa-shi.!?”

“Luhan-op..Luhan! “ She exclaimed.

“Whoa. I didn’t notice you there. ….Sorry.” Both were overwhelmed.

 

“Oppa! I’m finished let’s go!” A girl called for Luhan. He rolled his eyes for the owner of the voice.

 

 

“Who are you?” The girl asked Runa. “Brother, who’s this?

Runa didn’t give time for Luhan to reply to the girl . She immediately hugged the latter.

 

“Choco! You’ve become a pretty girl!” Runa hugged the girl again but the girl seems puzzled.

“Unnie? Rungie-unnie! Wahhh! I missed you!” Choco turned to her brother. ” Why didn’t you say that unnie is back in Korea?”Luhan was speechless.

 “Unnie! Come on! You know what? I had~”

 

He distanced himself from his sister and to Runa. He was observing them from a far.

The two girls spent the whole afternoon chatting and talking about their lives.

 

 

That night Luhan was busy feeding the pets when Choco approached him.

“Ehm.. Oppa! Did you know that-..err.” Choco asked her brother hesitantly.

“What?”

“Well…ehm~…err. "The girl's still hesitant.

“What?” 

“IDIOT!” The girl ran towards her room and locked it.

 

------------

 

“Luhan! What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the airport?”

“Man! Rungie is ..Rungie is…”

“Unnie’s in the airport! You Idiot! She’s flying to Japan!”

“ Hey wait…”

“What are you waiting?” “Don’t run! Use my motorbike!”

-----

“Thank you guys! Choco! EXO!” Luhan started the engine; wiping his tears.

---

 

“Stop! ” Two men in expensive clothing jump out of an intruding car. The car was taking the road and made Luhan stop.

 

“Xiu Min! Chen!” Luhan burst recognizing the two men.”You can’t stop me! Rungie is~”

 

“We can’t let you pass here cuz! You know your father. ” One guy said.

 

“Xiu Min please!” Luhan begged.

 

“Uncle wouldn’t let you go. The orders are to bring you back.” Said the other.

 

“Chen, I..-“ He looked at his watch. He was running out of time so he started his engine and rushed to a shortcut.

 

 

 

“He escaped. “ Both said to the commander.

“Let him. He can’t run away here in Japan.”The voice on the other line said.” Flight back here in Japan, we need some force.”

 

“Yes” Chen replied.

 

“Ok! Sehun and Suho we’ll hand Luhan to you.” Xiu Min turned back and rides on the car.

 

 ------

 

Welcome To Japan!

----5:15 am Japan-----

 

Luhan’s POV

Three days before

*sigh

How did I even came here?

“Luhan! Pass!”

After EXO pass a ticket and my bag, I… *sigh

“~Well~.. Thank You Guys! I promise I bring Rungie back to me!”

That’s what I said but where on earth can I  find her.

*sigh

-----Then-----

It was like all the cherry blossoms stopped falling. Everything else didn’t move a single inch. I can’t believe that she’s in the secret base. Did she remembered it already?

 

“Why are you here?” I asked her directly. She smiled and pointed her finger around the place.”I have the feeling that I’ve been here. It feels so nostalgic.”

“Hey Ruyoungie! I…I…”

 

“Ruyoungie ? Is that what you call me? Hmm. How about me? What should I call you Luhan-shi?” Her face was angelic but even so, the words that she uttered were shot directly into my heart. It was very painful.

“You…still don’t remember anything, do you?” I muttered.

 

She looked puzzled but she said. “I hope back then we’re good friends. I’ll go now Luhan-shi. My fiancée still waiting for me.“

 

I felt like there is war inside me. A sudden conflict that I couldn’t let go. My heart was pounding. I was about to burst and the pain was eager to get outside of me. I couldn’t hold it off. I ran into her side and hugged her.

 

“Why? Why have you come back? Is this a punishment from the Gods?”  She was silent and clearly, shocked.

 

I released some air and panted. My tears ran out of my eyes.”I know you remember and that’s why you come here. I know you. You’re always hiding what you wanted. Please try! Try! And remember me! Remember Luhan! Remember your LUHAN!”

 

 

Runa’s POV

When he asked me why I was there, my heart began pounding. I was confused searching for an excuse. And the words “It felt so nostalgic” came into me.

 

The he started calling me “Ruyoungie. He was the only one who called me that back in childhood. I can’t believe that he didn’t forget. I can’t say a thing. I wanted to shout that I remember him. “Luhan-oppa! Luhan-oppa”, these are the words that were surrounding my mind.

 

 I turned around after lying to him. I took a step but I couldn’t do any further. His warm hands were wrapped in me. He asked me many questions. My mind went black. How did he read my mind? How did he know that I remembered him clearly?

 

I didn’t shed any tears. I was acting tough. When he begged me to remember him, I was shocked and my body became numb.

He grabbed me to face him…When I lifted my head, he was an inch away from me. I felt his sincerity.

“I…I too… I am also confused why I came back.” My words betrayed me. I was acting tough but then the words that I uttered was so frail.

He looked at me with such eyes. He was really listening to me.

 

“I want to know the answer. What if I didn’t came back and end up regretting my decision, what if I came back and I’ll still be hurt. Which way should I choose?..... Either way, my guilt will always visit me and  I couldn’t get over it!” I gave away to him. I was broke, my tears rolling down. 

 

“It was insanity spending over ten years in a foreign country with strangers and no friends! The barrier was too strong it shunned me out. You know what? The truth is….I ………I…I….I can’t get over you!Luhan! Luhan-oppa!” My feelings overflowed and as I give way to them, I hugged him like there’s no tomorrow.

 

 

---------

 

 

“I was alone in my condo in New York. It’s tough spending my life alone. But, I still think about the memories of us back then. “ Runa held hands with Luhan sitting down on a nearby bench. 

 

“ I always think about  the time  when I acted like Kai-oppa’s girlfriend because Aunt  said it to me, how I get into trouble and then you save me, …..” Runa bestowed a genuine smile to the listening Luhan. “ That time when ‘Exo Peace Busters’ was given its name………….I would never forget them. I couldn’t afford to.”

 

“You should have made friends with others in New York.” Luhan gave the worried gaze to his childhhod-friend-turned-girlfriend.” I’m sorry. It must have been hard. I’m….I also couldn’t forget you. I really must have been an idiot for being-“

 

“Luhan-oppa! Don’t be sorry. I was just lucky that I came to New York. If I hadn’t, I wouldn’t realize my feelings and I won’t have this chance to spend the time with you. I’m sorry for lying. Sorry for lying….. about not remembering you.” She shook her head and wept.

 

He was then touched by how sincere his girlfriend is. He wiped her tears and kissed her. 

 

 

------

 

 

-----December 24 (Christmas Eve)------

“Kai-oppa! What should I wear? The red one or the pink one? or the blue one?” Runa showed tons of cute dresses to her cousin, trying to make him choose what to wear.

 

“Yah! Yah! YAH!...I’m not really your fashion designer or anything! Besides, Luhan likes simple girls. You shouldn’t really get dressed like that..” The latter refused to do so and proceeded to what he’s doing.

 

“But Kai-oppa! You’re a model right? Besides you know Luhan-oppa more than I do!” She pouted; using her aegyoo  to make him do what she wants.

 

“Tch~ Hyung! You’re little sister is becoming an adult now.” Kai turned to a well-built man.

“Aniki! Is it really true that our sister will now talk about doing this..and that… and this..”  Another guy came from the man’s back asking.

 

“Hey  Chanyeol-Nii and Kris-Oniii! Don’t go dirty minded. We’re just- ” She blushed. The three laughed hard at their young Runa’s face.

 

It turned out that the two men were Runa’s elder brothers.

“Runa , you’re lucky that Lay and Kyung Soo are still in Korea or else….”  Kris didn’t finished what he was saying to threaten her sister.

 

 

----After that-----

“I’ll buy you what you want?” Luhan stand-up and headed to the vending machine.

“WAIT! I’ll do it for you.” Runa held the hem of his cardigan. She wore a very cute face.

“You sure?” He asked. Runa nodded and ran off to the machine.

Luhan waited for his girlfriend to be back wearing a big and warm smile and carrying two cans of hot cocoa when he heard noises.

 

“OPPA! OPPA! Help me! LUHAN-OPPA!”

 

He saw his girlfriend in a white limo with a number of masked men in a tux.

“What are you-.. Give me back my RUNA! Ruyoungie! Wait for me!” He ran after a speeding limo but couldn’t keep up. The men looked like they want something from him.

 

She was tied and covered. After she shouted Luhan’s name, she was drugged and fell asleep. Luhan,on the other hand, was desperate and when he can’t save his girlfriend. He began to kick rocks and gone wild. He went to his knees and cried.

 

 “Oppa! What just happened why is Runa-unnie taken by those guys?!” Choco ran after she saw her brother running.

” OPPA! Tell me!! OPPA!! Unnie is-…… Unnie is- OPPA!“ She shouted at her brother whose hands were now covered in blood because of punching the solid rubble.

 

------

 

Luhan’s POV

“Hello! Come on pick it up. Pick the goddamn phone.”

-----Hello this is Kai of EXO Peace Busters! I am currently in Hawaii as well as the whole EXO Peace Busters so leave a message after the beep------

“Yah! KAI where are you and the gang? Where are you when I needed you most!?” He shouted but on the other line of the phone was just beeping.

beep----beep

Suddenly,

                --phone ringing----

                Voice: You’re girlfriend is really a pain in the .

                Luhan: ….

                Voice: We have to drug her. You know? She’s very cunning but she, unfortunately, is still at our hands.

                Luhan: What do you want?! Money?

                Voice: Money? No.no.no. Revenge! (Evil laugh) Revenge is what I need!

                Luhan: If you want revenge then don’t take it on her! She has nothing to do with this! I’ll give you anything!

                Voice:… Ooh! Anything huh? Tch~

                          Suit yourself!  On a ship dock near  the Hasegawa building there’s a car waiting for you. Come alone  or else..Your girlfriend will be burn alive.

                Luhan: Wait! Let me hear her-…! AHHH!

---------

“Eh? So you came saving the little girl huh?”

“I won’t let you touch and hurt her!” Luhan was trying to untie her girlfriend.

 

“What’s he saying? Aish~  This boy. We can’t hear you. Even if you say your hearts out, we can’t listen to you. You see, these gears are too thick we can’t hear a thing from you.” The Voice was deep and full of intentional words.

 

“I said I can’t let you hurt her.!” Luhan defended.

“What?!”The Voice became very deep and shrill.“LOUDER! “

“Oppa! What- What are you doing here?” The tired girl asked Luhan sincerely.

“Isn’t it obvious ?I’ll save you.” He answered.

Luhan ignored the voice and focused on the ropes.

 

“Can you see a box?.....Open it.” The voice commanded.

“A ring? What am I supposed to do with the ring?”

“That’s simple! Put the ring on her finger.”

The stressed Luhan untied her girlfriend and without any second thoughts put the ring on her finger.

“Hmm. Actually, there’s a bomb in that ring.” The ring started to produce some strange noise.

“WHAT!? Sh*t!

"Take this off! Take this off her or...I...I will...kill- I will kill you all!"

 

 

Evil Laugh Surounding the place.

“Hey BOYS! I think you should introduce yourself to them!”Evil Laugh

“Yes Master!”

 

 “Please don’t hurt him!” Runa tried to defend themselves and tried begging the masked people.”Please!”

The unknown guys were teasing Luhan and Runa as to hurting them.

 

Suddenly;

“Will you Park Runa accept this idiot, Luhan to be your husband?”

“Eh?! Excuse me?!”

“Will you Park Runa accept this idiot, Luhan to be your husband?”

“What the~”

"WILL YOU!!?" The voice vibrated all over the place.

 

"Of course I will! I will after this. You all die and I'll marry her!" Luhan suppressed the voice. Runa blew raspberry to what her boyfriend said.

Suddenly, the ring produced some hissing and the timer resetted from 1 minute to 20 seconds.

 

20

19

18

"What's going on here!?" He asked; widenin his eyes and trying to rmovethe ring.

"Oops! you can't remove that!" Evryone's timer stopped. "You won't if you still wants her alive."

 

Luhan balled his fist and said, "Please! I'll do what you want...just..JUST RELEASE HER!"

 

13

12

11

 

PLEASE!!!

 

10

*Evil Laugh!

 

You may now KISS the bride!

"What?"

"You may now kiss YOUR bride!...."

 

The voice teased them."Well~ What are you waiting for?"

 

"You have TEN SECONDS!"

 

9

8

7

 

Runa cupped his boyfriend's face.

 

"If I have less than a minute to spend my life, I will make those seconds count."

 

 Luhan became teary-eyed. His vision was blurred.

 

"Runa..Park Runa...Rungie-ah!"

The girl smiled hugging LUhan.

3

2

"I love You."

 

He kissed the girl lightly then passionately. When he saw Runa's face, he thought of everything.

I won't ever regret loving you.My own demise will be valuable if I spent it with you. Runa "Saranghae".

 

The light's suddenly open and  loud applause is heard.

Confettis felldown from the ceiling. Eveybody was laghing.

"Why?"

 

 

"Omedetou Runa-chan!

"Congratulations dongsaeng!"

"Oppa, you finally said it! I congratulate you and I'm proud to be your sister.!"

"My son! You've gown up."

 

Everyone was congratulating them. The masked guys turned out to be EXO Peace Busters, and the brothers of Runa. The voice ws from Luhan's mom whom is a former voice actress. The ring, however, was prepared by Mr. Han.

---

“Kai! Tao! Kris! Baekhyun! I thought you were all on Hawai!” Luhan was confused.“Father?  Wha-..What’s going on?“

 

“Xiu Min!? Chen? I … You said Father needed me back in Korea? Then… Then why he’s here?”

“Relax cuz!” Voices come out of nowhere.

“Sehun!?Suho?!What’s happening in this world?” The guys were laughing at the dumb face of Luhan.

 

“….And Lay-oppa! and Kyung Soo- oppa! I thought you’re still in Korea?” She becomes vexed. “Don’t tell me Kris-Onii and Chanyeol-nii planned all this?”

“Gomen~ little sis! Really sorry about it~” Kyung Soo, Lay, Chanyeol, Kris were trying to hug their little sis.

 

“WHAT!?”

 

“I planned it all. Since you disobeyed me.  Runa’s parents and me and your mother decided to let you marry. I have your former group and the Park’s to cooperate. Choco too..of course!” Mr. Han’s voice came out of the door moving towards his son.

 

“And you dragged Mom into this?” Luhan asked.

“~Well..She volunteered.” The elder said.

--------

 

“You promised right? To marry her.” Everyone eyed Luhan and Rungie.

“Sorry man. When we asked you, you seem uncertain about the answers.” The other EXO Peace Busters said.

“Oppa! It’s because you said it that time.” Choco reasoned-out.

                Choco: Oppa! Unnie’s back! You won’t be sad anymore right?

                Luhan: . . .

                Choco: So you’re gonna marry her? You know Oppa? I’m happy that you’re now in good terms with her.

                           And ..she’s now your girlfriend!

                Luhan…..: Choco, do you believe in faith?

                Choco: Hmmm… I am a dumb luck kind of girl but I do now… because you’ll marry her right? Happy ending!

                Luhan: What are you saying? I..It’s not yet the time…

“We won’t let you repeat the same mistake that made our little sister depressed.” Runa’s four brothers tapped Luhan’s back.

 

“WHA- What are you talking about!?” The latter was still seemingly puzzled.

 

“I’m still a student! Oppa! Why you’re so pushy on making us married? ” Runa was defensive and tried to lift the weight of her brothers requests from Luhan.

“She’s still young and..” Luhan seconed.

“How about this? This should do it right?” Showing a lump of paper and also a stamp.

“How did you get my stamp? And what’s that paper?” Runa was shocked.

“What else? ……MARRIAGE CONTRACT!” EXO Peace Busters and the Brothers enthusiastically replied.

“HUH!!?”

“What ? Yah! We needed to be secured about our sister’s soon-to-be husband. We wanted to assure that the person should be worth of our time!”

“For just that reason?” Luhan released a big sigh and mumbled to himself.”What an extraordinary family!”

 

 

------MONTHS Later-----

“I am going to submit my resume.”

“Sir, there must have been a mistake. You needed to update your information.” The woman gave the papers back to him. Luhan was cnfused about what the woman said.

 

--

 “Rungie-ah! “

“Why oppa?You look depressed.” Runa run to his oppa's side.

“The council said that I’m…” Luhan was very down.

“WHAT?”

 

The Registrars Office

“Some girl submitted this marriage contract to us. Since both just pass the qualifications then..We certainly processed it.”

 

-----

 

 “YAH! Choco! Choco!”

“Sorry Bro! I found it on Father’s table so I…..” She released a cute smile.” I submitted it for you. Plus. When I talked about it with Kris-oppa and the others they said it’s a good thing.” She brought her hands on her head and slightly bowed; sticking her tongue out.

“Jinjja?! EXO Busters! YAH!! EXOOOO!!!!!!!!!!”

 

FIN

 

A/N : Yeah. I believed that you see this story with a very fast plot. I'm sorry for that ><

Please support me on this, as well as my next stories. Thanks guys!