It Has To Be You

♫Me and the Music♫ [A Collection of One-shots!] (APPLICATIONS CLOSED!)

(17 years ago, Donghae's P.O.V.)

 

"Do you really have to leave?" That was me, asking my chingu if she will go to America with her family for good. "Mianhae, oppa. I tried persuading my mother and father, but they just won't let me do it. Oppa, I- I don't know what to do anymore!" Even before she was done with her sentence, I can already feel her sobs and cries.

Aish! Why must she leave? Why does she have to make me feel like this?

Okay, fine. She is much more than a friend to me. She is way special, and I cannot afford to loose her in such a way like this, leaving me behind here in Korea by myself and the motionless wind to hold me in my sleep to sustain my feelings for her. She may be like the girls that you see somewhere on the streets, but to me- like I said- she is everything I need in the last minutes of my life. To let her stay with me, growing old together, holding each others' arms until we breathe our last.

"And we even both promised that no one will leave each other until we die.. Dongsaeng, it hurts me to say this, but I wish you the best of luck with your new life in America."

Stupid me, I cannot even fight for her. Now what will she think of me?

" Since it's our last day with each other, I want you to have this." i handed her a silver charm bracelet with the words, 나 해 (Na Hae). It symbolizes our friendship. Plus, it is a combination of our names. "I only want to see that charm, nothing else, okay? Or else I might be dissapointed. And I am sur-"

"OPPA, SARANGHAMNIDA! OPPA! Saranghae."

Man, that was wayyyyyy out of my league. But it was worth it. I do not know what gave her the urge to say something that I cannot tell her my whole life. Quickly, I placed her around my arms, holding her like it will be my last, whispering back,

"Do not forget our song, dongsaeng. I made that for you. Saranghanda. And, goodbye..."

Not another word, I kissed her forehead, leaving her sight, and going away, sobbing. But even though I left her motionless, I know that she will understand what I did. We always do that. But it is very different by the way I used it with our last goodbye. However, the song made me think about her. And that will be our song forever, saying that I will never forget her. My dongsaeng, goodbye.


 

(17 years after; Eun Na's P.O.V.) [America]

 

"Eun na! Can you at least make it faster!?" "You're such a slow worker!" "Remind me, why are even here again?"

"URGH! I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR FIVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS, YET YOU CALL ME SLOW!? I WORKED MY HERE SINCE FOREVER, YET YOU CALL ME SLOW? WHERE WERE YOU THIS MORNING, HUH!? YET YOU DARE CALL ME SLOW!?"

Jeez~! I just finished the set-up of the lightings at the stage, arranged the seats for the press, the guests, the VIPs and the main stars as well! I made the backdrop of the tarpaulin for the design of the stage, planned the flow of the program AND I EVEN PICKED OUT THE CLOTHES OF THE MEMBERS OF SOME GROUP NAMED SUPER JUNIOR FOR TODAY'S FANMEETING!? 

I thought I will just be the translator!? How was this my job!? Are they freaking kidding me!?!?

Oh man, now I scared the crap out of you all. Okay, my name is Kim Eun na. Truthfully, I am Korean. But my family migrated here 17 years ago. I currently work as an intern and a translator of SM Entertainment in America. yeah, the company's very famous and they even decided to make international branches. Even though I am here in America in a young age, I can still understand and speak fluent Korean. >:)) 

Speaking of my currently insane job, the group that I will be helping to communicate with other people is a group named Super Junior. It's kinda weird how that name rings a bell in the back of my head, and that Donghae of theirs...

...

...

No, it can't be. But somehow, There's a feeling that I get when his name pops up. 

I took a seat, not caring about other things -even if the other employees are cramming their out- and just stared at my bracelet, 나 해. Oppa, if this necklace will be a proof that you really are that Donghae of Super Junior, please don't hesitate to show me who you really are.

Bogoshipeo, oppa. Please remember that I still love you. It will never change.


(During the Fan meeting)

During some performances given by the members of Super junior, I was really impressed on how they really deserve the popularity that they have today. I must say that I'm starting to love the group. WOW. for an employee like me, I ! Don't ever say that out loud, or else I will kill the crap out of you. Kyuhyun and Sungmin are the ones performing on stage while the rest of Super Junior are being their foolish selves. But me, who's supposed to be entertained as well cannot do it, because Eun Hyuk keeps on looking at me. I don't know if I should be happy because the dude is very handsome, or irritated, because I barely know him! Wait, I heard him mumble something in Korean:

"yah, Donghae. Are you sure that the translater ajhumma is your dongsaeng?"

WHAT!? HE CALLED ME AN OLD LADY!? Tch.  He's out of the 'Totally Handsome' list! >:)) [A/N: Ever thought about Eun Na being the female version of Kyuhyun? Kekeke! jks!]

"I'm positive, Hyuk. She even has the bracelet."

Oh, snap. How did Donghae notice my bracelet!? Has he been glaring at me the whole time!? Okay, this freaking me out. I gotta talk to them while I still have the chance.

"Uhm, excuse me, gentlemen, but I can't help to hear your conversation. Call me rude, but this Hyuk called me an old lady!? And you, Donghae. How did you know about my bracelet?"

Now they were speechless? I was even talking to them in straight Korean for crying out loud! Anyways...

How did this Lee Donghae knew my bracelet!?

"Thank you! Kangsahamnida!"

Uh oh. That's my cue. Kyuhyun and Sungmin are done with their performance. "Okay, thank you very much Kyuhyun and Sungmin! :)) Now, the romantic prince of the group is here to serenade us with his voice, Mr. Lee Donghae!" As Donghae approached me in the middle of the stage, he whispered something to me. 

"Do you still remember our song, dongsaeng?"

...

...

...

Now, it's real. It is him, my oppa. The person that I have been waiting for since we moved here. It really is him. It Has To Be Him. if not, I will be shattered in pieces...

 

It has to be him.

It has to be him.

It has to be him.

As he started to sing, I remembered our past. His warm smile, his safe embrace, his gentle kiss. It is him...

 

As I see your eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven.

Like an angel's touch that is yours.

When there's no hope for me,

You gave me a chance.

Is this too good to be true?

 

My gray clouds became so beautiful,

A sky covered with love,

The strength that I need, you gave.

My dear, i truly love you.

I really do, I always will.

 

You're the person full of hopes and dreams.

With the ups and downs, you've been with me.

Darkness defeated by you light.

Thank you, my sweet melody.

You've been the one that's great anew.


[A/N:]

I AM BACK, BABY! Muwahahhaha!!! >:))

So yeah, I posted another one-shot after my short-term hiatus! ALOVEEET!

I'll try to post the other one-shots after a few days or so... :D

 

The 'song' is really a poem that I made when I was in the second grade. Actually, I just saw it at the back of my notebook when i was going through my old stuffs. I was in the process of making my own version of "It Has To Be You" by Yesung but the poem showed up, and i lost  my version of "It Has To Be You". So no choice! Ahihihi!!! :))

 

Comment, Critique, I would love to see your opinions!

Subscribe? Your choice! :))