Please, Don't Break

Please, Don't Break

Heechul grows sick of Hankyung because he's not coming home tonight, which means he's not gonna make dinner, and Heechul knows he wants him to starve.
Suddenly it's Hankyung's fault that he chose not to eat yesterday, and with no food today, that means he's probably gonna die. And it'll be on Hankyung's conscience.
He doesn't hesitate to tell him that either. You want me to die, don't you? You don't love me. Never.
And Hankyung just sort of looks at him with that weird glint in his eye, like Heechul might have gone crazy but is still so pretty and he's breaking a little. Like Heechul is a beautiful, insane and starving annoyance.
Heechul resists the temptation to take Hankyung's hand in his and beg please don't break, please don't break, I'm really sorry, so he never says any of those things, and Hankyung just continues with that look until he averts his eyes and mumbles something in the broken Korean of his. Heechul doesn't really listen, when does he, really? He's just sorry and that should be enough, but it's not, because he doesn't say it.
And he's still stubborn. And he's still gonna die.
Oh, right. Death. Please, don't break.
He notices Hankyung is walking away so he grabs him and spins him around kisses him so hard on the lips and Hankyung is probably breaking again. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry--
And luckily Hankyung kisses back, otherwise Heechul suspects he might die even earlier than he was going to otherwise.
When they break apart, Heechul wants to apologize so so so so much for so many things and for kissing him and oh god, please don't break because if you weren't here to cook me dinner I would break too. And if you weren't here to laugh or look tiny, sad and easily breakable I would break even before I had a chance to starve to death, and seriously, don't break.
But he doesn't, and he keeps quiet.
Hankyung kisses him again and walks out the door without a word, and he's not coming back tonight.
Suddenly it seems to Heechul like Hankyung is less likely to break if he's somewhere where Heechul is not, and in a weird way it makes him proud, because he's the only one who gets to affect him like that.
Only him.
He just hopes that his hunger and lack of food allows him to affect him like that tomorrow, too.
Mixed with guilty kisses, of course.