Black bunny

Black Bunny

Black bunny I GOT YOU!! 

     Kris woke up with the same dream every night since that incident. The dream was always vivid and real. And scary. He would break out in a cold sweat and the room would start to feel cold and he would always feel a tingly sensation running up his spine. And then he could just feel a presence looking at him though the window of his bedroom upstairs. But, of course, no one would be there. But the feeling of being watched was great, so intense that he would sometimes expect a face to actually appear at the window. But it was just blackness of the night outside.

      Before all this bone chilling experiences, Kris was married. He was married to a beautiful and sweet lady by the name of Jia. But, Kris wouldn't be the kind of guy you would call 'Husband of The Year'. Despite Jia's efforts to please her husband, Kris would always come home blind drunk and he would start hitting her for the smallest mistakes she made and sometimes, for no reasons at all. After the beating, he would just trudge up to the bedroom to sleep and the next day, he would act as if nothing happened.

      This continued until Jia was fed up, sick and tired of being abused by the person she once loved and trusted. Everytime she looked at the bruises, her heart would ache knowing the reason why they were there. She decided she wanted revenge and darn it, she was gonna get it. So for a few days, her plan was this, she would cook him his favorite dishes everyday. And he would gladly eat it without any hesitation. One day, while preparing his dinner, Jia added a special ingredient. An ingredient so special that it was to DIE for. Literally. She added rat poison to his food. The image of him foaming at the mouth while he would die a slow, painful death, lying on the floor in front of her put a smile to her face. She would finally be free of her tormentor. Not one ounce of love for her husband was left inside her. But she didn't know that Kris was already had special plans of his own.

        Before dinner, Kris asked her to come down to the basement with him to ask her opinion about certain project he had been working on. Jia agreed. Why not??. She was gonna see him dying in a few minutes so why not just do what he ask?? Bad choice. When Jia reached the bottom of the stairs in the basement, she heard a click and the light went off. She was engulfed in pitch black darkness. She couldn't see a thing. As she fumbled around for the light switch, she smelt something funny. She stopped what she was doing and sniffed the air. Funny, it smelt like a kind of......gas. She started to feel light headed and her eye lids were becoming heavy. She was feeling.....sleepy. In a short time, she fell into a deep faint.

        When Jia woke up, she lifted up her hands to rub her eyes. Or at least tried to. Her arms were stuck to the sides of her body. When her vision focused, she saw that she was actually tied together with a rope. She struggled and then Jia heard a familiar voice.

          'You thought you could fool me didn't you?' It was Kris

          'You thought you could trick me and eat your food which you poisoned didn't you? Well, I'm to smart for that. It seems that I outsmarted you. Seriously, if you wanted to kill me, you could've at least planned it properly. Well, it's a bit too late for that now. Hehe, as you can see, I think your time here is done.'

        For the first time, Jia noticed she was tied to a conveyer belt which was used to saw wood. He was going to saw her in half!!!

        Jia started to scream as Kris activated the machine and the she started to move closer and closer to the huge, gleaming chainsaw that was going to saw right through her. She tried to free herself but the knots were to tight and securely knotted in place. There was no escape. When her head was just inches away from the blades, she heard her tormentors voice over the sound of the saw 

      'You wanted to get me, but I got you first' I maniacal laugh was the last things he heard before she felt the blades splitting her head.

      Kris dragged the halved body and dug a 6 foot deep hole in the garden and threw the body inside. Where no one would ever find it. All evidence of the gore and torture was soon cleaned up and everything was back to normal. Kris made up a clever story to cover the disappearance of his wife saying that she wanted a divorce and went of to live in another country. There were no suspicions, so everything went back to normal for Kris. And it was going to stay like that. No such thing.

    It had been five years and almost everynight, he dreamed the same dream. The dreams or rather nightmares started just a few days after what happened. But Kris didn't really worry about it. Why would he?? It was taken care of, the neighbours were never suspicious of him. In fact they felt sorry for him since he 'lost' his wife so recently and he was living alone. And all the evidence was removed. So why would he worry?

    But one part of the dream made him feel uneasy, when he wakes up from it, he ALWAYS feels he is being watched and sometimes even during the day. Even at work. Kris would feel the most unsettling feeling that something going get him anytime soon.

   It was typical evening, Kris had just finished dinner and was washing the dirty dishes. He was looking out of the kitchen window that was in front of him. The view was overlooking the garden. It was already starting to turn dark. Suddenly, he felt the same tingling sensation that he had been feeling all this while. Kris didn't know why, but he looked at the exact spot where he buried Jia's body. Nothing but grass and dirt. Nothing really surprising or scary. But what happened next took him by surprise. A hump suddenly appeared at the burial spot. Kris's eyes opened wide in surprise. 

   The hump started to move until it reached the pavement of cement slabs that was ran along the house including the kitchen. Then suddenly it disappeared. Kris sighed in relief and laughed at himself for getting so shocked. Suddenly, he heard a thump. He looked outside again and My God the slabs of cement were jerking up and down as if something was making it's was to the kitchen door. It went 'bump' 'bump' until it reached the kitchen door. Then it stopped. By then Kris was scared less. His faced was drained of all it's color and he was shaking like someone with Parkinson's disease. The kitchen door started to go 'bump' 'bump'. 

    That did it. Kris ran upstairs to his room and hid himself in his closet. His breathe was hitched and shaky. He was really scared. But that was nothing compared to what was coming next.

      He suddenly heard a sweet, soft voice. It was saying....

      'Black bunny, walking through the door' it sang

       Kris heard the kitchen door opening and closing

      'Black bunny, finding for you now'

       Kris's blood ran ice cold

      'Black bunny, climbing up the stairs' it sang

      There were stair boards creaking as if someone was climbing it up

      'Black bunny, coming through the door'

       Kris's room door creaked open

      'Black bunny, I can smell you'

       The footsteps were getting closer

      'Black bunny, I know where you are now'

      'Black bunny, I GOT YOU!!!!'

 

 

 

 

  The house was empty after that incident. Nobody knows we're Kris disappeared to. A police investigation was carried out. Nobody was in the house. No sign of Kris. But when they checked his room, they found a note inside the closet. 

           Black bunny found him. Black bunny got him.

  After that the house was left alone. But sometimes the neighbours can see shadows creeping along the corridors of the house through the windows singing....

           'Black bunny, walking through the door',

           'Black bunny, finding for you now',

           'Black bunny, climbing up the stairs',

           'Black bunny, I can smell you now',

                  'Black bunny, I know where you are',

           'Black bunny, I GOT YOU!!'