Girls' Night Out (Teaser 7)

:|: Living in the Fast Lane :|:

"I'm taking you girls out. You guys need a drink," Banji stated with her jacket over her arm.

The woman's declaration startled the group of people who had gathered in the living room of Street Lethal's crib. All eyes turned to the woman and most were accompanied with a raised eyebrow. Banji was not known for initating any group bonding experiences, but then again, she was known as a party animal. So, they shouldn't be too surprised. But, no one said a word; they just continued to stare at the woman in the black Miss Selfridge turtle neck, crop top and a black, sequined skirt. Moments went by in utter silence - except for the TV that was now being ignored - and it began to unnerve Banji. Her face scrunched up slightly as she began to glare at some of the men in the room.

"What?" she almost growled at them.

That seemed to snap most of them out of whatever trance they were in. The guys went back to watching whatever action movie was currently playing - Fight Club, if you must know - but the girls sat there with wide eyes. When the girls said nothing, Banji raised one eyebrow and gave them a pointed look, daring them to say no.

"Well, alrighty then," Ava announced, leaping up from the couch after she realized there was no point in arguing with the woman who was her age.

Then again, it wasn't like Ava dreaded the idea of going out and having a beer or two. She was always up for a bit of fun. So, she pulled the woman who had been sitting next to her, a very confused Skye, up and picked up her black and gray varsity jacket. Sliding her arms through, the fighter readjusted her backless, orange crop top as the older girl, Skye, looked around the living room. Her eyes caught both P.O.'s and TOP's. P.O. was glancing between her and Banji and looked just as puzzled as she was. TOP, on the other hand, merely shrugged his shoulders - he thought it was best to leave the girls to their own devices. Skye wasn't a huge fan of clubs - she wouldn't mind them so much if it wasn't for the large crowds they tend to draw. Though, it was still fairly early - only a bit before eight - so, there was a good chance it wasn't crazy-packed yet. Sighing, the oldest girl tugged her shirt - a button down, three-quarter sleeved, camo shirt that tied in the front - down, but not low enough to completely cover the crown tattoo on the small of her back.

Hyun, the last of the four girls, gave the others a dull look - truly questioning if she wanted to get up at all. With a small roll of her eyes, she figured she needed be the responsible one, so she'll tag along to keep an eye on them. Though the other three were older than her - by either one or two years - Hyun was always the mature one. So why would now be any different. She grabbed her white, studded waistcoat off the armrest of the couch and slowly stood up. She barely had any time to gain her footing before Ava grabbed both her arm and Skye's and practically dragged them outside as Banji led the way. As they stepped outside, the instigator of this little outing when straight for her black Supra. Hyun walked alongside the car and stood before the passenger side door. She had no intention to take her car out the night before a big race. As Ava continued to drag along a frowning Skye, she pulled her over to her '10 Mustang. Skye snatched her arm out of the younger woman's hand and placed her hand on her hip as she gave the car a once over.

"I'm not getting in that," she stated simply.

Ava gave the girl a look, then glanced at the others, "Are you dissing my ride?" because that would be a sure-fire way to piss her off.

"I didn't say that," the older girl stated with a sigh, "I just like mine more."

For some reason, her words did little to soothe Ava's growing temper, but before she could say anything Banji put a stop to their bickering, "Girls, really? Skye, get in the god damn car!"

Banji remembered why she never really initiated a girl's night with the others. It wasn't that the girls didn't like each other - they would have one another's back in a heart beat - it was just... Some of them could be such divas without even trying. The girl rubbed the bridge of her nose before sliding in behind the wheel of her Supra. With yet another roll of her eyes, the youngest woman, Hyun, followed suit. As Banji started up her car, loud rock music pulsed from the speakers, causing her passenger to instantly cover her ears. With a small frown, the party animal turned down the music. Banji wasn't happy about that, and she had to take a few deep breaths to calm her nerves. As long as she had the music playing in the background, she should be fine. That's what she kept telling herself. Normally, it wasn't a problem when she was with someone, but normally she was around people who were loud and rambunctious. Hyun was definitely not that type of person.

Hyun sighed as she settled into the leather seat of the Supra. She could feel the engine hum beneath her as she rolled down her window in hopes to have a bit of a breeze as they drove. Her brown eyes took to the scenery as she thought about why she agreed to this girl's night. True, she did enjoy dancing and the club scene, and they always played some great music... And she was always the one watching out and being responsible. So there's her answer. She glanced to the driver who was starting to clench the steering wheel, causing her knuckles to slowly turn white. It was something Hyun had noticed a few other times when she was in the car with the party animal. Every time the music wasn't blasting, the woman began to get a little freaked out. Hyun frowned slightly before she reached over and turned the volume back up on the stereo. Banji glanced over to her passenger and the two met eyes as a smile crossed onto her face.

"Thanks," and that's all Banji needed to say.

Things with Skye and Ava weren't going as smoothly though. The two were as stubborn as ox and where one could be a diva, the other has a temper. Putting the two in the same car may not have been the best idea. Currently, the radio was playing some rap song and Skye was biting her lip through it. Rap wasn't necessarily a favorite of the oldest girl. She reached over to change the channel, but Ava, ever vigilant in her Mustang, noticed the hand and quickly smacked it away.

"The hell? I want to change the station," Skye groaned as she reached again, only to have her hand smacked away even harder this time.

The half-Mexican woman held up a finger, as if to make a point, "Driver picks the tunes, shot gun shuts her cake hole."

Skye scoffed at the driver as she crossed her arms and sank into the seat. Though the two girls have been a part of Street Lethal for some time now, they still weren't horribly close. Skye wasn't one for making the first move in a friendship or any relationship and Ava was just horribly stubborn. Ava smirked triumphantly as Skye slouched in her seat. She continued to followed along behind Banji and soon realized where they were heading.

"Looks like we're heading to Wave," she announced, not too concerned if Skye would answered her or not.

"Yippie," she muttered under her breath as she eyed the dial on the radio.

It didn't take long for the Banji's Supra and Ava's Mustang to pull into a fairly vacant parking lot. It was only eight o'clock; the real party didn't really start till eleven or so. Due to the fact there was a huge race tomorrow night, the girls knew it would be all hands-on-deck tomorrow to make sure all the cars and their drivers were ready. Unfortunately for them, this meant they couldn't have a late night out. Ava had parked her car alongside Banji's and, almost as if they practiced it, the four girls managed to get out of their cars simultaneously - without hitting anything. Hyun and Banji led the group inside, seeing as how they were the most familiar with the location. It was Hyun's brother, Taesuk, who owned the club, and Banji worked there. 

"So, what spurred on this bonding trip, Banji?" Skye asked, readjusting her camo button-down.

Banji shrugged her shoulders, wondering the same thing, but decided to respond, "Because why the not?"

That was a sufficient enough answer for Ava who quickly sat upon the blue bar stool. The others joined her soon enough with Skye sitting on her left, Banji on her right, and Hyun on the other side of Banji. Their banter died down a little as they all contemplated what they should drink and it was then the bartender made his way to the four. Even though there was barely anyone in the club - a few regulars scattered around - the man had been busy doing inventory.

"Ah! Sis! Good to see ya. How's life been? Any new guys I need to meet?"

Taesuk would have continued to pester - and practically humiliate - Hyun if she hadn't interrupted him, "Same ol', same ol'. Now, I'll take a Hite Exfeel, Banji?"

"Can I get a shot of Gentleman Jacks?"

"Make it two!" Ava piped in quickly.

"I'll have a long island, top shelf," Skye finished, propping her elbows upon the bar counter.

Taesuk stood there for a moment with his mouth open. He hadn't expected to be interrupted and wasn't ready to take drink orders. The girls could actually see the gears slowly grinding away before he offered a 'coming right up' and turned the shelves and coolers. He quickly located Hyun's Hite Exfeel and popped the lid off. He placed her drink down and went about pouring both Banji and Ava's drinks before working on Skye's. 

"Who's ready for tomorrow?" Ava initiated the conversation as she took a sip of the whiskey.

Banji scoffed at the quesion, as she spun her stool to face the dance floor, "Who isn't? You better not get in any race that isn't a quarter mile, though."

Ava's tongue found her cheek, "What was that?"

The youngest girl groaned, "Banji, why do you enjoy pissing her off?"

"Because," she turned to face the younger female, "It's so easy."

This did nothing to calm Ava down and Skye had to restrain her arm as she went to throw a punch at the other woman's head. None of the girls would say that they're close with one another. Each girl would admit that they get along with the guys way easier and that sometimes they couldn't stand all the estrogen. But, no matter what words are thrown - or actual punches - these girls knew the others would have their back. And isn't that all that matters?

"Your face ain't gonna be so pretty when I'm done!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... I feel like this is crap-tastic... I'm really sorry it's been three years since I've worked on this. I'm also really sorry to Vanna0123, ddred88, BabyCBang, and moonie. I don't think I did a good job portraying your girls in this teaser... But I really wanted/needed to move onto the story. So, I know its been three years, but I'm going to keep all the ages as they are. The ages you ladies (and gents?) applied with and the ages on the 'Players' page are what I'm going to use and reference for the story. Also, if there's anything you guys wanted to change or add to your application, go for it....... so........ yeah..... here's this.....