Lucky Girl

Lucky Girl


 
Yong Jaehwa's smile grew as she spotted her brother among the crowd, dragging his suitcase.
 
"OPPA!" She screamed, not caring about other people and jumped into his arms.
 
Junhyung chuckled and planted a kiss on her forehead, warmly smiling at his sister he hasn't seen for two years. But her attention was soon diverted at the guys behind him who was watching them in amusement. She was staring at them with her bright eyes, someone in particular.
 
"Guys, this is my sister, Jaehwa. Jae, this is my friends. We stayed together when we were in the States." He introduced every one of them.
 
"Hello, I'm Jaehwa!" She beamed and shook their hands.
 
And when she stopped to shook his hand, she could swear she stopped breathing for a moment. He has a spiky hair, with his manly smile and built figure. 
 
"I'm Doojoon." He smiled at her.
 
"Hi." She lowered her voice and smiled.
 

 
It’s been so long since I’ve met someone
 
That makes me feel this way

 

Makes me smile, and that’s hard to do

 

don’t think it’s something you realize you do

 

 
 
"DOOJOON OPPA!" Jaehwa squealed as Kikwang tried to chase her around the apartment they all rented together.
 
Doojoon turned around and hit the latter in the head for chasing her.
 
"Ha!" jaehwa pointed and stuck her tongue out at kikwang.
 
"Stop it, Jaehwa." Doojoon sighed while she giggled, her arms latched around his.
 
"It's okay, i have you to protect me." She beamed.
 
Doojoon's lips curved into a smile as he ruffled her hair affectionately. She smiled in reply. Kikwang, on the other hand scowled while he left them in their own world.
 
"Do you want to go grab ice cream?" Doojoon asked.
 
Jaehwa nodded and ran to her room to get changed, bumping into Junhyung in the process. 
 
"Where is she going?" Junhyung asked Doojoon.
 
"I'm taking her for ice cream." He grinned.
 
Junhyung chuckled and shook his head.
 
"You spoiled her too much, hyung."
 

 

You make me feel

 

Like I’m the only girl

 

With you in the world

 


She dropped her shopping bags at the sight in front of her. She can feel the tears starting to sprung out of her eyes.
 
"Oppa?" She wiped the tears away and called him.
 
He turned at her and smiled, motioning her to come nearer.
 
"Jaehwa, meet Gina" He introduced the woman he just shared a sweet kiss with.
 
The woman next to him smiled at her and shook her hands.
 
"Nice to meet you, Jaehwa! Doojoon has been telling me a lot of things about you." She smiled.
 
Jaehwa bit her lips and forced a smile. How can she hate such a warm and kind hearted person? Doojoon is so in love with her and she just saw it today. After all this time, she bitterly thought.
 
"Really? What kind of things?" Jaehwa smiled.
 
"He said you're a great composer, just like Junhyung." 
 
"She is, but she's so cocky. She doesn't even want to write me a song." Doojoon whined.
 
Jaehwa stuck out her tongue at him.
 
"Fine. I'll write one for you." She said, receiving a hug from him.
 
"I know i can count on you, lil sis." He grinned.
 
'Lil sis.' she just had to excused herself when she realized she can't hold on to the tears anymore.


 

But we can’t be together

 

Can’t really be friends

 

We can’t be lovers

 

And we can’t pretend

 

Oh that girl in your life

 

Better make you her husband

 

And she better believe she’s a lucky girl
 

 

"Come on, just this once, Jaehwa." Junhyung pleaded.
 
He has been begging her to perform her song at the pub, and so far he has failed to get her to say yes. She just shook her head, concentrating herself on the piece of song she has been working on for months.
 
"You're writing a song?" He decided to talk about other things, knowing that she wouldn't budge at all.
 
"Yeah, i kinda stuck with the melody. Does this sound okay?" She played the instrument she has recorded last night.
 
Junhyung's smile fell the moment he heard the piano and guitar, followed by her soft vocal. He glanced at his sister and he knew, This is the song. 
 
"It's.... it's beautiful, Jae." Junhyung whispered.
 

 

You wanted a song well here’s one for you

 

Nobody will know except for us two

 

Don’t ask me about it

 

Cuz I won’t tell the truth

 

Just know that there’s someone

 

Thinking of you

 


Her fingers moved gracefully on the piano keys as she watched her friends sat among the audience. She has finally agreed to sing at the pub she often goes to with Junhyung. She clears and her eyes caught the empty seats next to her brother and she smiled at him, telling Junhyung she'll survive.
 
"This is for a friend of mine whom i treasured a lot." she started.
 
"He asked me to write a song for him. I couldn't do it, and I haven't had a chance to do it until now. He's a precious person." She smiled.
 
"After all this years, i'm still hoping for something that i know won't come true" she continued.
 
"So here's to.... him.. and his happiness." She sadly smiles and blinked back her tears before she started singing.
 
"Junhyung..." Hyunseung was one of her friends that came that day.
 
He glanced at his friend who's watching her sister sing.
 
"I got her hurt." Junhyung said.
 
"No. It's no one's fault. You know that." Hyunseung pats his best friend's back.
 
He knew about her tiny crush on Doojoon that turned into love after months hanging out with him. He knew, everyone knew beside the latter himself. Hyunseung bitterly smiles and realized a tear fell down his cheeks as he listened to her voice.
 

 

You make me feel

 

Something I wish wasn’t real at all

 


 

"Hey, i'm sorry we're late. The traffic is just too awful." Doojoon rushed inside and sat next to Junhyung with his fiance sitting next to him.
 
"Did we miss much?" Gina asked.
 
Junhyung and Hyunseung shook their heads. Kikwang, Yoseob and Dongwoon couldn't turn their heads at the couple, knowing that they were close to tears as they listened to her song.
 
"She's got a nice voice." Doojoon smiled.
 
"Yeah." Junhyung nodded.
 
She sang her heart out, looking at the audience's eyes once in a while and she almost stopped singing when the empty seat was now taken. Doojoon is staring at her with his warm eyes. She smiled back, not missing any note as she once again poured her heart out.
 

 

You were never mine to begin with…

 


The song ended and no one clapped. There was a complete silence around the room as they all watched her stands up and bowed.
 
"I know he listened to this but i don't think he'll realize that it was him i'm singing about," her eyes darted at Doojoon who was smiling at her.
 
"But i hope for the best to him. I love you." She bowed once again before she exited the stage.
 
"Who?" Doojoon asked his fiance.
 
Gina stared at the leaving figure and a sad smile appeared on her face.
 
'i'm sorry, Jaehwa.' she thought.
 
Junhyung abruptly left his seat and run after his sister, ignoring Hyunseung who was calling behind him
 
"Jaehwa. I need to find her. She needs me." Junhyung said before he left.
 
He stopped in his track when he saw her leaning on a wall with tear stricken face. Jaehwa turned her head and looked at her brother with a pained expression.
 
"I'm so stupid, Oppa." She whispered as he pulled her into his arms.
 
"No, you're not. He's the stupid one for not seeing you." He mumbled.
 
"But it hurts."
 
"I know..." he tried to comfort her.
 
"I look like a mess." She pouted after they broke off the hug.
 
Junhyung shook his head and smile.
 
"You just need to touch up a little."
 
"oppa!" She whined, replied with his chuckle.
 
"Come on, i'll take you to the restroom. Then we can go home and get something to eat, how's that sound?" he asked.
 
Jaehwa shook her head and smile.
 
"It's okay. We should go back to them." She said, taking her brother's hand.
 
"Will you be okay?" Junhyung frowned.
 
"I'll tell you if i can't handle it anymore." Jaehwa nodded.
 
Both of them went back after she retouched her make up. Doojoon greeted her with a hug.
 
"I'm sorry i was late but you were great! Who is it for?" He asked with his big smile.
 
Jaehwa smiled and winked.
 
"SECRET!" She said and she caught Gina's eyes.
 
"You were great, Jaehwa." Gina smiled at her.
 
"Thank you, unnie. Congratulation on your engagement." She hugged her.
 
"I'm sorry." Gina quietly whispered.
 
"Hm?" Jaehwa pulled away and tilted her head.
 
Gina shook her head and smiled.
 
"Nothing. Thank you, Jaehwa. For everything." She said.
 
Jaehwa smiled back and turned around to face her brother with a smile on her face.
 
"I'll be fine." She said when she saw her brother's worried face.
 

 

So we can’t be together

 

Can’t really be friends

 

We can’t be lovers

 

And we can’t pretend

 

Oh that girl in your life

 
Better make you her husband
 
And she better believe she’s a lucky girl