Wait There Part I

Voice of the Ivory Key

 

 

‘It’s been five years since you left, five long years of pain and sorrow for me. Are you alright there? Do you miss me? Because I… I miss you so much; I miss your laugh, your smile, your beautiful face, and your sparkling eyes. I want to hear you calling my name again; I want to hear you singing my favorite song while hugging me… I want to see you again; I want you to be with me again, Amber.’

These words are floating in his mind. Tears began to flow down his cheeks, he doesn’t care what people might think of him. He was hurt, hurt up until now.

 He was walking in the street full of busy people, staring at him with their confused look, giving weird glances and murmuring to their companion about how he looks so crazy crying in the middle of the road. He doesn’t care; all he knows is he’s hurting and he want to cry his heart out. Not caring about the people who were bumping at him, he just cries.

 He was going to the place where he and Amber always visit, that place was full of her memories that will forever stay on his life.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

Finally, I’m here. I’ve missed this place; I haven’t been here for a long time. This place looks like the same. Nothing’s changed, just like my feelings for Amber.

“I miss you, Amber. I wish you were here to celebrate our anniversary. “He walks beside the piano, slightly pressing the keys; he sat in front of it. He begun to play the song he and Amber always play. (AN: Please listen to song :D ). It’s the song that Amber taught him when they are together. The whole room is filled with the sounds. Memories of their first meeting flashed in his mind.

 

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FLASHBACK

 

NORMAL POV

University week is starting today; all students are busy with their assigned booths. It is a school tradition, every year the university will be celebrating the foundation day. Different booths, souvenir stores, food stalls and many more are managed by the students. It’s the time which the students were given a break from studying.

Just how the student’s are so busy chatting with their friends, playing on the gaming booths, Chanyeol on the other hand is busy finding a quiet place. He wasn’t used to a loud environment, he prefers peaceful atmosphere. He was walking alone in the deserted corridor when he heard a music coming from the old auditorium.

 As curious as he is, he peeked in the door, he saw a boy playing the grand piano. The song he was playing was really pleasing in the ears. He entered the room and sat on one of the chairs. He closes his eyes and continued to listen to the beautiful music coming from the ivory keys. He was enjoying the song but suddenly it stopped. He opens his eyes and he saw the boy was looking at him.  He walks towards the stage and approached the boy.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

I walked towards the stage and approach the boy; I want to ask his name.

“Hello, I’m Park Chanyeol, that’s a great song you played there.” He says to the boy.

“Uhm, Hello, I’m Amber Liu. Thank you for the complement.” The later replied to him.

“Amber? Your name’s sounds girly.” He commented while creasing his brows.

“That’s because I’m a girl. Ahm, what are you doing here?” The girl asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were a boy. I’m really sorry.” He apologized. He can feel that she is offended. ‘Park Chanyeol, you’re really stupid.’ He muttered to himself.

“No, it’s alright, a lot of people have mistaken me for a boy, I’m already used to it.” She says while shaking his head and hands at the same time. “So, what brings you here?” She asked.

“The school is really noisy today that’s why I’m looking for a quiet place; I was passing by then I heard music coming here, so I entered. I hope I didn’t disturb you.” He explained. “ahm, by the way, that song was really good, and you played pretty good too. I think you’re playing piano for years, am I right?” He asked.

“Yes, you’re right. I’ve been playing the piano since I was five.” She answered.

“That explains why you’re really playing it easy. Ahm, Amber-shi… have you eaten lunch?” He asked. He wants to join Amber in lunch. He wants to know her more, there’s something in her that catches his interest that he suddenly want to befriend her.

“No, I haven’t, the cafeteria is so full. I can’t find a place to eat. Why are you asking?” She answered while looking in his face.

“Ahm, I want to join you for lunch, if it’s okay with you.” He replies feeling a bit shy because of his bluntness.

“Sure, let’s go. I’m really hungry.” She got-up from her seat and picked-up her things.

“Okay, let’s go. I’m getting hungry too; by the way, it’s nice to meet you Amber-shi.” He bowed and smiled at her.

“It’s nice to meet you too Chanyeol-shi.” She bowed too. They head to the door and got out of the room.

 

 

 

NORMAL POV

 

After their first meeting, they become friends, greeting each other every time they’ll meet. Sometimes they will eat together, play basketball, study together and etc. after almost 3 months, they’d consider each other best friends.

They often go to some places for hang out. Their favorite place is the old auditorium. Amber will play the piano and Chanyeol will listen to her. Sometimes they compose their own songs, Chanyeol will write the lyrics and Amber is in-charge of the music. Doing this almost every time draws them more closely to each other and unexpected feelings began to grow in them.

There are times that Chanyeol’s heart skips a bit when he sees her smiling at him. Sometimes he will caught himself staring at her while she’s playing piano, he’s even spacing out. Amber, on the other will look at him weirdly, she will ask him why he is staring at her or is there something on her face. Then he’ll just shake his head and smile at her. His actions leaves Amber more confused and sometimes it makes her blush.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! I’m looking for you almost an hour, have you forgotten our plan?” She asked while walking towards him. After an hour of searching, she found him on the school garden. He was seating on one of the benches under the tree. He was reading a book with his glasses on.

“He’s so handsome even with those glasses on.” She thought to herself.

“Hey Amber, it’s not the right time to admire that boy over there. You should be mad at him for ditching your plans.” She scolded herself.

They made plans today; they decided to hang out on the old auditorium. After her class, she immediately went to their meeting place. When she arrived, he’s still not there so she waited for half an hour but he’s still not showing up. So she decided to look for him.

“Huh? What plan are you talking about?” He asked while creasing his brows looking all confused.

“Aish! Chanyeol you’re getting old. How do you forget our plans today? We are going to the auditorium, don’t you remember? I’ve told you to write lyrics for my new song.” She replied. She’s starting to get pissed. How come he has forgotten their plan, she kept on reminding him about it every day then suddenly he forgot it. She’s disappointed.

“We have plans today? But I don’t remember meeting up with you today.” He replied.

 That’s it. Amber is pissed. He wants to punch Chanyeol’s face. She’s really mad at him.  She doesn’t know why she’s acting like this. She’s overreacting in this small matter, but she doesn’t care. All she knows is she doesn’t want to talk to him. “Aish! Never mind! Don’t you dare talk or go near me Park Chanyeol!” she walks out of the garden and headed to the auditorium.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! I’m looking for you almost an hour, have you forgotten our plan?” He heard Amber shouting while walking towards him. The wind is blowing in her direction and it made her short hair flew back, showing her small beautiful face fully. It made his heart skip a bit. This is not the first time that he’s been mesmerized by Amber’s simple but pretty face.

“Huh? What plan are you talking about?” He acted as if he doesn’t know. Yes. He knows they have plan. But he was trying to stay away from Amber for a while, because lately, he was having weird feelings to Amber. Like for example, he’s heart begins to beat faster whenever she was near him. Hearing her voice makes him smile automatically. And one time, when they we’re playing basketball, Amber accidentally slip. He was trying to save her from falling but he ended up falling on top of her. His body started to heat up and he really blushed, his heart was beating erratically.

“Aish! Chanyeol you’re getting old. How do you forget our plans today? We are going to the auditorium, don’t you remember? I’ve told you to write lyrics for my new song.” He knows that Amber is starting to get pissed, but as much as he wanted to tell her that he knows, he restrained himself. He wants to be alone for a while; He’s trying to figure out what’s happening to him.

“We have plans today? But I don’t remember meeting up with you today.” He lied. Seeing Amber’s reaction after he said those words makes him want to knock his own head. He can see that she was really mad. “I’m sorry Amber, but I need to this for a while.” He thought to himself.

“Aish! Never mind! Don’t you dare talk or go near me Park Chanyeol!” He’s dead. It was going to be a long day for him. Amber is not a type of person who forgives easily. He must wait for 2-3 days before she’ll start talking to him again. “Serves your right, Park Chanyeol. It was you and your stupidity’s fault.” He was mentally slapping his own face.  

 

 

 

NORMAL POV

 

It’s already been a week since they started not talking to each other. Amber was really mad about it, while Chanyeol takes his time to think about his feelings for Amber and also to think for what kind of apology he will do for her. There’s only two weeks left before the semester end. Examination week is next week, so everyone was really busy including the two.

It’s been hard for them to ignore each other, because they are used to each other’s company. There were times that Amber will find herself running towards the old auditorium thinking that Chanyeol was waiting for her, but she will end up seeing an old, quiet and empty auditorium. That’s the time she will remember that they are not in a good terms. She was missing him. No. Scratch that. He badly misses him.

As for Chanyeol, he really tried hard to figure out what’s happening to him.  And after the week-long ‘figuring-out-my-feelings-for-Amber’, he came up with this result, he is falling for Amber. That is the main reason why he keeps having these weird and confusing feelings for her boyish friend. He never thought he’ll end up liking Amber; honestly, it never crosses his mind so this happening was completely foreign for him. He doesn’t know what to do. He wanted to tell her, but he’s scared. What if she didn’t like him the way he likes her? Surely, she will reject him. If she reject him, it will be awkward for the both of them. And if they get awkward to each other, their friendship will surely be affected. He doesn’t want it happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1 is up ! wait for the part 2 ! I'll update maybe next week ! 

I've edited this ting so if you have read the previous content of this, i recommend you to read it again.

dAhN_LoVE