Baby EunHae

Baby Eunhae

It was one of those days that the neighbourhood had one of those funfairs, a lot of crowd in one small park it was a fun-filled event, bringing families together  and it had activities for parents as well as their crawling babies.
A certain baby who seemed to have a smile frozen on his face happily bounced on the “Jumping palace” made for especially kids his age, he was nearing the age of two but not there yet, giggling constantly he kept squealing every time he bounced up and would topple over once he landed since another child would bounce off of him.

 

Sooner than he wished he was being plucked out of the lot and that made him scowl a bit, gazing at his mother quizzically who carried him over to another corner telling him something about how it’s nicer over there at the colouring corner and “oh they have Nemo too!”
“NEMO?!” He squeaked and clasped his tiny hands on his widely smiling mouth as his eyes shone with excitement, much to his mother’s joy. Nemo was someone he looked up to, this was a serious matter people. Donghae was Nemo’s bro....his mother never argued after that. Once he was seated on the soft carpeted area of the park his curious eyes swept over the bunch of kids, some his age some looked slightly younger as they scribbled away and let creativity take over and with his tongue poking out he gladly took a book with NEMO all over it and then he went crazy with some coloured pens and markers that he saw he had to share with 4 other kids but it was okay, as long as he had Nemo he knew he should share and spread the Nemo love.


Meanwhile another tiny toddler, his face a complete contrast to the other kids, some on the 'Jumping Palace; Others on the 'Merry go round' something that frankly scared him too much. He was buried deep in concentration, his soft little forehead wrinkled in thought, his fist curled roughly around a crayon that he was currently scrawling all over a page. Other kids around him were also participating in such a competition, although their parents were giving them a helping hand, and there was no chance that their rainbow coloured crayola's would stand a chance of staying on the paper, nevermind in the lines of the picture they were suppose to be colouring. Little Hyukjae was exception to the rest, with his little tongue sticking out the side of his mouth, eyes squinted in adorable concentration. With his mother watching on fondly, egging him on to win the little colouring set that he so desperately wanted. 
"Honey you sure you don't want to go play on something, maybe the-"
"No Umma!" He whined, throwing a quick glance around him as he scrawled away, eyes landing on yet more kids sitting down, meeting one of their gazes as his mother placed him down on the carpet and gave him a pouting scowl that said colouring was his territory and he was persistent in winning this. 
Now that Hyuk had finished in colouring his monkey a very peculiar mix of browns and reds, quite a gruesome sight that he was oblivious to, he needed to colour the background, the tree it was currently swinging through would of course he filled with green leaves... not a colour he currently had in his grasp. Throwing his gaze around the other children, his eyes landed on one that was stupidly colouring in some kind of fish and he pouted to himself, with his mother distracted he crawled over to him on his hands and knees, little hands slapping against the carpet in determination.
“Mine.” He informed the other boy, giving him no chance of protesting as he grabbed a light hold on his hair, rolling over him to try and free HIS green from his little fingers, prising them off the pen one at a time...


He was just about to fill in the gills with the green when suddenly he felt a tug at his hair. Startled and frowning he glared up, his lip jutting out in a perfect pout, no one talked like this with him. His mama had told him it was bad and Nemo would never like it. 

“Meanie!” He didn’t want his voice to squeak in the end and his hand rose up to slap away the others’ though it did hurt since the mean boy had a hold on his hair. “I was using it so MINE” he yelled, hoping his mother who was chatting away with some aunty was look his way and flee to his rescue.

Hyukjae’s hand drew back almost immediately, unable to offer up any such excuse as to why he was trying to take it from him he just stared, big chocolate coloured eyes staring longingly at the green that was still out of his reach. “B-but...” He whimpered, big round eyes instantly the water works, two fat tears running in a stream down his cheeks, lips parted as he anticipated the other boys reaction.

Donghae’s lips were pretty much trembling too but being the brave little boy he was he wanted an explanation as to justify such a harsh behavior from the boy he could pretty much offer to share his colors with. He was a friendly boy and loved making friends but this one just had to EARN his friendship. Seeing the other’s orbs get watery he let out a soft “uh-oh” and while his own eyes went wide, tiny gears in his head turned to come up with something, anything “Dun cry puhlease” he thought he actually said it out loud, he hoped he did because he felt that strange feeling inside, as if he wanted to cry too, he never made anyone cry well last time he made someone cry he felt so bad he cried harder.

By this point Hyuk was already blubbering sadly... he would never win the colouring competition now, and he most certainly couldn’t finish his picture without the green. Unable to fully voice what he wanted, although he could speak he often chose to just point and whine, something he was doing right now through his tears.
It took his Mother a moment until she realised her little boy wasn’t colouring anymore, and completely oblivious to the current atmosphere between the two toddlers she simply strode over to him, scooped him up, disregarding Hyukjae’s currently flailing arms, reaching out in Donghae’s direction, more importantly the green colouring pen he had in his hand. 
Figuring that her son had grown tired of colouring she could only guess what he would rather do, bundling him into the ‘Jumping palace’ to fend for himself amongst the other kids. With some a lot taller than him, others putting him off balance when they bounced near him he ended up falling on his face a couple of times, whimpering and crying even more as he pulled himself up to his feet, staggering into the middle, until another kid dislodged his balance, sending him landing, luckily onto the extra padding of his nappy, sniffling and crawling himself between legs over to one of the corners for safety. 



“Uh...uh!” Donghae’s mouth gaping wordlessly, worried eyes and scrunched brows as he stared after the boy being taken away, his own arms almost automatically stretching out but then realizing where the kid’s eyes were he gasped and clutched the green color to his chest. Yes just like in Nemo the bad guys would leave you alone as long as you were brave....but then he didn’t even know that ones name and he looked sad...

He didn’t exactly know he has was staring too long because to his mother it seemed like her baby was longing to go back to the “Jumping Palace” and so with a grin she scooted down to him and with a kiss to his cheek he was scooped up. Rubbing at his eyes he was about to say something when he realized they were heading to where the ‘meanie’ had been taken.
“Noooo” he moaned, apprehensive of his hair being pulled at once again and quickly dropping the source of problem: the green colour he found himself being settled on the bouncy protected surface while his mother cooed at him to have fun, distracted by some other aunties cooing over their own babies.

Donghae’s wide eyes scanned the area yes he was worried, tiny hands and knees beign used to maneuver through the crazy kids and especially when he saw some larger kids scaring the younger ones he pretty much like a spooked puppy he waddled over not knowing where he was headed, he just needed to remain out of sight of more meanies. Not exactly watching his way and mostly making sure he was not being watched he yelped once he bumped into someone thought it felt like a stuffed toy but once he quickly looked up his face had conflicting expressions as he clasped a hand over his mouth and pointed a tiny accusing finger “YOU!”

Hyukjae had currently had his hands tightly pressed over his eyes as if that would be enough to get rid of the slight motion sickness of the whole palace swaying and the buzz of children laughing not even tempted in the slightest to join in with them, every time he had tried to stand up he had fallen back down again, having not quite mastered the art of walking in a straight line, never mind being on such an unstable surface.

it took him a moment to peek through his fingers at the boy who had bumped into him, and with a squeak, recognising his face but momentarily forgetting how rude he had been to him earlier he wobbled to his feet, tottering the couple of steps over to him and practically bounced into the other boy, wrapping his limbs around him, mimicking the monkey he had previously been drawing, clutching onto him for dear life. “Dun like...” He whispered.


Donghae blinked rapidly, something he did in confusion till he realized what the other was talking of, not sure if how he should react to him but having a hint of what the other was talking of he nodded against the other’s head and wrapped his tiny arms around the thin body “ Dun worry, Hae will help” He suddenly felt a surge of courage, they had to get out  of here and make it back to their mothers. Arms still around him he unsteadily wobbled on his knees and twisted around, the peeking at the entrance and the horde of wild children all of a sudden it felt like one of those games his elder brother played, where the hero had to save his friends and make it to the end of the tunnel.
“Zombies” he softly uttered and then he was holding tight to the others hand, looking strongly at him though it obviously came across as a wide eyed pouting adorable look “ Let’s go” he told to the other, thinking he will ask for name once they reached the end and then he was tugging, wobbling as swiftly as he could manage on the bubbly surface, keeping his gaze determinedly fixed on the opening and his tongue constantly at his lips 
“ I can do it it I can do it” he constantly muttered, smile creeping as the distance grew shorter, his mother’s smiling face in view and to his utter and absolute happiness she saw him coming and spread out her arms. Oh what great joy he felt like what those princes would feel or how Nemo must have felt upon finding his dad, still clutching strongly onto the other scared baby and feeling damn proud of himself and he Screamed “ UMMA” and his arms automatically went around the boy to squeeze the living nemos out of him. They had survived.

Hyuk could barely keep up with the other boy, if it wasn’t for his hand curled around his he would have surely face planted into the bouncy surface multiple times but instead he carried on, little fingers curling around the other boys tightly as he hurried after him, wide fear stricken eyes squeezing shut as he just let the other boy guide him, smacking into something solid and he realised it was his mother reaching out for him. Gasping and curling into her, wriggling and pointing, little gasps escaping his lips while she only smiled at another noona stood beside him. “Eh... um..” Struggling to get his words out his forehead wrinkled burying his face into his shoulder as his face burnt. “Hero Umma..” He told her, throwing his finger out roughly in the other boys direction. 

Giggling to himself and wrapping his little legs firmly around her waist, having lost a shoe at some point and too traumatised to even consider walking right now. With his mother saying goodbyes that he could only choose to ignore, big wide eyes watching the other boy safely from his perch against his mother, eyes peeking over her shoulder at him and he just gave him a huge gummy grin, little hand lifting up to wave frantically at him.


“UH!” It all happened so quick, one second he was in his arms and next he was waving bye bye while he was being taken away. There was a huge issue! He didn’t even know his name. Thought feeling a little warm once he was called hero he could not help but flail his arms vaguely, trying to point out to his mother or probably tell her to chase after them but all his mother took it was lil Hae baby was now tired and needed rest. With a quick peck to his cheeks he was lead off another way, all the time his eyes fixed on the point where the boy had dissapeared

Bye bye meanie, he thought sadly as he pressed his pouting lips against his mother’s shoulder, feeling his eyelids getting heavy.



Later that night after having taken a refreshing nap and only vaguely remembering the rest aside from a certain face he pouted up at his mother who simply smiled, getting up to answer the phone while he sighed, he really needed to talk about all that happened and looked at his father who was currently trying to find the channel where Nemo came on at this time. Distracted by something  his father left the TV on some random channel to which Donghae frowned, trying to get his father attention by blubbering but soon his own eyes were witnessing something he probably shouldn't have.

Two men on the screen, incomprehensible by the baby who titled his head, tongue poking out in confusion while a few cars flew over bridges then people were fighting and then the two older boys were kissing.

Two boys were kissing
“Honey!” was his mother’s protesting call from behind and his father swept for the remote, changing the channel and quickly took Donghae a rather blank looking speechless Donghae to get the last glimpse of how the boys had smiled after kissing.

Oh of course! He even saw his parents do it and apparently it made the other happy and it did the same for the boys! Yeah that made sense. Maybe because their lips were cold so when the touched each other’s the cold went away. Donghae suddenly smiled proud about having solved something which was previously so complicated to him and suddenly his thoughts flew to that scared boy. He could have made him happy back then had he known but oh well, maybe he will see him again on the next month’s playtime!

Hyukjae was rather downtrodden by the current fact that he hadn’t even been able to finish the competition and so he hadn’t won the nice set of colouring crayons that would have been a nice asset to his collection. At first he had been drawing nicely on a piece of paper, something that no one but himself could even begin to decipher. But his pens were beginning to run out and with a frustrated cry he rolled over onto his back, staring up at the ceiling boredly, the nice blue walls of his parents hallway were...dull in his opinion, and smiling to himself, thinking that he could draw her a large picture he started scrawling a stream of rainbows up the wall as far as he could reach adding a picture of his new favourite person in the world, giggling to himself as he ran along, trailing them along behind him.

“Lee hyukjae!”
His mother scolded him the instant she interrupted his surprise and the use of his full name had him cringing, turning his big eyes up to her expectantly, half grinning wondering if she liked it but the minute she snatched the pens out of her hands his bottom lip started trembling, switching off to her shouting, clearly...not quite appreciating the artwork he had given her, colourful lines ruining the whole wall.
Covering his ears, apologetic towards the fact that she didn’t like his drawing, all his wished was that his hero was here to save him. 


The next day Donghae was told that that evening they were invited to a nice tea party and Donghae will love it because their son, hae’s age, had many toys and they could play. Donghae sort of could not get the ‘meanie’ out of his head and then the little scene on the TV had him occupied too. He nodded, lacking enthusiasm and noticing this his mother pulled out his favorite and latest outfit which had him squealing and lunging for it.

All dressed up the baby happily clung onto his mother as they were welcomed into a house smelling of how cakes smelled and it was warm inside. His main concerns were: cake toys and just who was this son. The host pinched his cheeks softly and then he was told toys were waiting in the playroom. With a shy giggle he wiggled in his mothers arms a door opened and he saw a small but colorful room full with toys all organized and neatly placed oh but what’s this he saw a slumped tiny figure in the corner of the room.
Once he was set down and some “ Hyukjae baby you have a guest” was called out he scrunched his brows, crawling on all fours to the motionless figure and then he heard it.
A sob
With a light gasp he crawled faster till his hands were trying to detach the arms from the sobbing boy’s face “ Dun cry..” he quipped timidly while trying to help while something about those crying sounds were familiar...those arms too. He pulled at them once more successfully getting a view of a sad crying face Even though he didn’t usually do this, it just happened. He squealed in surprise totally disregarding what the other might be going through and it was like action replay once he pointed a tiny hand at him “YOU!!” and then recalling how he could not ask his name he clapped his hands, excited, and cried out happily, leaning real closer with those sparkling brown eyes “ WHAS YER NAME?!”


Hyukjae was currently in a world of his own, although surrounded by toys all he really wanted was his pens back and his little hands felt empty enough that he had them clenched together, having been crying to himself persistently for the past hour, enough so that his mother had stopped worrying about him and hastily had to carry on preparing for the arrival of her visitors. 

Sensing someone beside him he peeked through his fingers, big chubby cheeks lifting in surprise at the face he saw, slowly peeling his hands away from his face, much too excited to even offer up a response at first. “Ah!” He exclaimed pointing to him, waving his hand around for a moment before he remembered that he was suppose to be sad and stuck his bottom lip out again. “Uh...ah..” He murmured shyly, eyes crinkling for a moment as his eyes went round at how close the other boy was. “Hyukkie.” He told him proudly, giving him a gummy smile, his teeth having developed late and he was still yet to gain his two front teeth at the top, giving him an adorably odd look when he smiled. 

Hesitating for a moment, the left side of his dark hair sticking up from his previous lap he tilted his head, pointing enough that he jabbed Hae lightly in the chest. “Eh?” He questioned, wondering what his name was too.



“Hyukkie!” He repeated  with much enthusiasm not moving back an inch or two but rather a bit closer since those he was fascinated by how he could see his own face in Hyukkie’s gleaming eyes. Realizing he was being asked about his name and laughing at the light jab on his chest he giggled out a “Do’hae” realising that didn’t exactly sound right he flashed him the widest smiles “ Hae! Hero!” He proudly reminded him by throwing a small fist up in the air which narrowly missed knocking Hyukkie down and then he scrunched his brows again “Hyukkie sad?” as he looke on deep still trying to figure out why were Hyukkies eyes reflecting his face back at him.

And then he remembered one other detail from last night and with a loud gasp of “OH!” his hands flew to cup Hyukkie’s cheeks, the chubby squishy cheeks to his delight and then going about cheering him up.

Lack of coordination and basically having no idea what he was doing meant that the kiss was not exactly a lip lock but a weird mixture of pressing against Hyukkie’s and ending up slipping onto all his face with light all over, not exactly paying attentions to sounds of heels in the hall getting louder and closer. He’d be Hyukkie’s hero once again! The thought motivating more he just ended up climbing on top of the other baby.

Hyuk let out a squeak, his eyes were clouded with tears that rendered him slow in seeing what was coming, not that he could ever begin to put words to what Hae did next. Although he wasn’t entirely sure why at this moment in time he was eating his face, he trusted that Hae really was doing something to save the day. And the shock of it all was enough to dry his tears, either that or Hae’s face had wiped them away. 

Letting out a soft giggle of confusion, the other baby a little bit bigger than him he just curled himself around him like a monkey, lifting a hand up to wipe at Donghae’s dribbly face before leaning in to nuzzle his nose against his. , whimpering when he headbutted him clumsily, and stared, wide eyed at the fact that he might have just hurt his little hero and leaned in to his forehead. 

Hyuk and Hae’s mom’s, chattering away animatedly enough for the two toddlers to hear them, yet still they carried on with their antics.

Donghae’s chuckle vibrated in the room,, the very silent room and his mother’s perfume drifted in through his nostrils and he carefully looked around to grin up at his rather dumbstruck mother “ Umma, look it’s meanie-no! Hyukkie my hyukkie!” and he giggled on because well, they could share colours now.

From then on the boys grew closer and soon each found out the one called Hero didn’t always do that saving and the one called Meanie was in fact, no where near mean unless he was being downright stubborn or needed a change of diapers. But Donghae ALWAYS knew how to cheer his Hyukkie up!