The Life of Song Norae

My Future Husband

 

Chapter 1

The Life of Song Norae

  My name is Song Norae. I am 17 years old and I am attending Gangnam Academy where it is at Gangnam, Seoul. I’ve been attending Gangnam Academy for two years now when I was still 15 with my best friend, Oh Sehun.

  Is it weird having a guy as your best friend since middle school? Especially when he is the most popular guy and most-wanted guy in school? Because in my life, I can handle it pretty easily. Plus, I am so not the type of girl that would go fall in love with my own best friend because that seemed so unrealistic to me.

  I live in an apartment in Gangnam. My parents are at Gwangju staying with my married brother and their daughter-in-law. I owned the apartment last year when my brother got married and my parents loved her wife so much they decided to forget about me and stay with my brother.

  But I really like it having the whole place to myself because I finally get to convince everyone around me that I am not an average teenager, but an independent young adult. Ha, smack that. I couldn’t even start a conversation with any other girls in my school because of Oh Sehun.

   Now here I am, thinking to myself, sitting beside Sehun who was reading a column in a magazine as the whole class waited for our English teacher, Miss Jessica, to arrive at school. She is always late, I tell you. She must have gone to the ladies’ room before class starts to make sure that she looks as beautiful as ever.

  I obviously don’t know what do the other boys think of her? Just because Miss Jessica is hot and y, doesn’t mean they have to drool over her and also gets tempted to tap that. Boys these days always choose girls with the best appeal, not what’s inside the heart.

  “Stand up class,” said a very familiar sweet candy voice when Miss Jessica walked in the class and automatically all the boys in the class stood up quickly as possible as the rest of the girls including me stood up very lazily because this was the only lesson where we all don’t get noticed by the boys.

  “Good morning class,” Miss Jessica greeted in English as the boys replied back enthusiastically almost like screaming. “GOOD MORNING MISS JESSICA!”

  “Okay! Sit down class,” she said as everyone sat down. I glanced at Sehun who paid no attention to Miss Jessica as he continued reading his magazine again. That’s what I like about him; he won’t take notice of what’s not important.

   “So! Have you all done with your homework a few days ago?” she asked the whole class and the boys immediately slammed their homework on their tables but when I glanced at Sehun, he just took it out of his bag and practically threw it on the table and it almost fell as I smirked at him and he noticed.

  About this English class, there are a few things that other teacher’s would actually like. For example, the whole class is paying attention to Miss Jessica’s nice ; the whole class finished their homework right on time with a few moments to spare. And the best part is that nobody in the class leaves for the bathroom.

  After eighty minutes, class ended and the boys groaned because they could just wish that they had more time to spend in class with Miss Jessica. I wouldn’t mind not having her class for the whole week. The day goes by very blissfully and I don’t have to hear her sweet candy voice.

  After a few classes, it was time for recess. Sehun and I exited the class together as we both headed to the cafeteria. On the way there, we have to pass the hallway, which is the spot where girls like to gossip about us. That’s not the best part of being best friends with Sehun.

   “Isn’t she ashamed of herself?” I already heard a junior started. “I know! They don’t even look compatible,” another one chimed in. I just glared at them as they hid their face behind the lockers door avoiding my deadly gaze.

  When Sehun and I reached the cafeteria, we did what we had to do. I would find a nice place for us to have lunch peacefully and away from his fan girls as he would get what’s for lunch at the counter especially the dessert.

   I found a decent spot beside the window that showed the school garden. I quickly rushed over to the table and sat on it before anyone did. I looked around the cafeteria only to fund Sehun balancing two trays in his hands. He is just too adorable for this.

  “Thank you, Sehun,” I thanked him as he handed me my tray and he sat in front of me with his tray placed on the table lightly trying not to spill anything. “Next time, you do it,” he said as he picked up the fork and spoon.

  “And risk your life getting stalked by fan girls?” I said as I eyed one who sat in front of our table and she quickly turned away. “I really got to hire myself a few bodyguards,” said Sehun jokingly.

  “Shut up and eat,” I said as we both ate our meal as we talked about various things like celebrities, pets and other fluffy stuff. We were talking when suddenly a tall figure was standing on the side of our table. When we looked up, it was only Park Chanyeol, probably the tallest boy in our grade.

  “’Sup Yeollie?” Sehun greeted him as he flashed his smile at me and I cocked my eyebrow. “My mum is having a party after being invested by one of the biggest companies in Korea, and she told me to invite my friends. So, you both are invited to the party,” he explained as he kept glancing at me and Sehun.

  “Party huh? Is it a formal or casual?” Sehun asked him as I took a sip of my peach juice. “Since my mum’s employees would also be there, it would have to be formal. We’re going to hold it at a grand hall we rented for a night. I’ll email you the address later,” he said as I nodded at him.

  “I can’t wait to see Norae in a beautiful dress,” he said to me and winked at me almost made me startled. “Well, we’ll see if I can make it then,” I replied as I wiped the corners of my mouth with a napkin and he nodded at me before he left.

  “Looks like someone is interested in you,” Sehun said as he rested on his chin on his hand. “What? Chanyeol is interested in me? I don’t think so. We both aren’t that compatible,” I said as I picked up my tray and so did Sehun as we both dumped in the basin and walked out the cafeteria side by side.

  “Yeah, right,” he said sarcastically. “Did I told you yet about my new pen pal I met yesterday online?” he changed the subject.

  “You have a new pen pal?” I asked him and he nodded at me. “His name is Luhan! He’s Chinese and he showed me his picture too,” said Sehun as he took out his phone and showed me his picture.

  Luhan was very adorable! He had the biggest eyes you could always stare at almost every day, his lips are pale pink and very kissable, and I wouldn’t mind having him as my man.

  “Why do you always meet beautiful people online?” I asked him as I snatched his phone from his hand and I looked in to Luhan’s eyes like I’m trying to eat him.

  “I saw his blog yesterday and he says he wants a pen pal from Korea. So I wrote him a message saying that I want to be his pen pal and I also inserted my picture. A few minutes later, he replied and we instantly became BFF!” he told me.

  “Ai... you already found a new best friend? What about me?” I pouted at him as he ruffled my hair playfully and earning stares from the other girls in the hallway trying to catch my gaze.

  “You will always be my best girl-best-friend, Norae. Remember that,” he said as we both walked back to class. Back at class, it was time for the most hatred lesson of the day to me, it was Physics. I am okay in both Biology and Chemistry, but when it comes to Physics, I’m a total fail.

  And to make it even worse, we have two periods of physics today. I swear, I will die of confusion. Sehun seem to be okay with physics but he is no pro that would save my life.

  When school ended, Sehun wanted to come over my apartment again when he already visited yesterday. I don’t know if I should invite him over or not because my aunt says it’s not courteous for a to bring a man home. Smack that, I’ve seen many girls these days bring their boyfriends home to show them their bedroom.

  “Uh... no?” I said half-hearted. “Why not?”  he asked me back and I was like EEEK. “Because you just came over yesterday and my house is not a hotel for you to stop and go,” I explained and he pouted.

  “But I always come over,” he whined at me and I shook my head. “Not today,” I repeated and he gave me a glare.

  “I’ll stalk you,” he said and he freaked me out completely. “Fine, you can come over,” I said as I rolled my eyes as he smiled happily like an immature kid as we both set off to my apartment.

  I unlocked the door to my apartment as we both stepped in an Sehun zipped towards the couch and opened the TV and I cocked an eyebrow but he didn’t see it. I went to the kitchen to make some lunch for both of us.

  “You only came here just to watch King of Drama?” I questioned him as he switched channels with the remote in his hand. “Well, yeah. That’s kind of the main reason. If I went home taking the monorail, I’ll miss it,” he explained.

  I prepared the chips with guacamole and I brought it to the living room and placed it on the coffee table. I sat down beside Sehun and he suddenly lay down and placed his head on my lap. He always makes me feel like I have a load on my thighs.

  “Pass me the guacamole please,” he said and I did. We both watched TV silently until we both fell asleep. Sehun woke up a few hours later before he shook me awake and I stretched as far as I could.

  “Thanks for letting me stay, Norae. I have to go now, see you tomorrow, alright?” he said as I walked him to the front door and I opened the door for him. “Yeah, see you tomorrow then.”

  “Goodbye,” he said as he left and I closed the door back. I closed the TV and took the two bowls and went to the kitchen to do the dishes. I then went and take a shower before I could start on my homework assignment that is due two weeks. It’s about the history of China, like I know anything about that.

  I used the help from everywhere in the web, Wikipedia, Google, not to mention Cleverbot, but I still feel like something is just not enough to my assignment. Since I don’t know what to do now, I just closed my computer and kept my assignment back in my school bag so I can work on it on free period tomorrow.

  I climbed in my bed as I looked up the ceiling of my room. I’ve been thinking about my future lately, since I’m almost done with school within another year with no boyfriends and no girl-friends. I could survive that; I’ve always had didn’t I? I rolled to my side of the bed as I looked at my empty side. I would love it if my husband wakes me up with a kiss and look at him for the first time of the day.

  Now I’m just dreaming too big. I should just get on with life and maybe do a few changes, but what should I change when everything is perfectly in order?


So, please do tell me about the first chapter in the comment box: D subscribe too and make my day ^_^

-Alice