The Exhibit

The 2012 Accident

December 19, 2012.

"Goodluck Yan Jee." -- Kris

I smiled as I folded the paper and kept it in my pocket. Kris gave me a goodluck note, I could die right now!

"Yan Jee ah, goodluck!" My mom appeared from behind my back. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a bit nervous omma." I sighed and chuckled.

"Aigoo, don't be so nervous." My mom picked something in her pocket. "Here" Omma handed me Baekhyun's picture and chuckled. I gave her a confused look. 

"What's about this?!" 

"Baekhyun told me to give this to you." She smiled.

"And then?"

"He said that when you look at his picture, you'll see a very handsome guy, and that will help lessen the nervousness." my mom laughed. "He's such a nice guy."

"Eeesh what a brat!" I snickered and shook my head.  "He never change!" I smiled and looked at his picture again. This guy is such a jerk.

"Contestants, please prepare your materials. The exhibit is going to start." The speakers echoed in the cold and sepia room. It is our paint room. 

"Yan Jee ah, see you at the stage. Goodluck" My omma kissed me on the forehead and smiled. 

"Thanks mom!" I said as I grabbed my pallette board, a set of paint brush and apron.   

"Oh, your brother and Baekhyun has just arrived. They want to see your work when it's finished. See ya!"

I proceeded to the paint room assigned for us contestants. I walked through a narrow hallway, rode the escalators, and reached the door that says "Exhibit 3-A". My paper says Exhibit 3-A so I knocked on the door. I adjusted my beanie, fixed my collars and opened the door. 

I sat to where I was assigned and the painting starts now. I can do this, fighting!

 

Age 8

"Baekhyun ah, meet our new neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Lee, and your new playmates, Jinki and Yan Jee." my mom intrdouced me to our new neighbors since they've just moved in. I remember that I just stared at them with my innocent eyes.

"Annyeong, what a handsome little boy." The adults pinched my cheek. My parents and the other couple walked away while talking, leaving us children in the garden. 

Until this girl, dressed in a light purple dress came to me.

"Wanna play hide and seek?" This little girl, who has been my love at first sight, asked me to play. 

"I don't play with girls" was my response. Even as a child, I ignore girls. But then she grabbed her brother's cap, wore it the opposite way around, and removed her shoes.  What is she doing? I thought as a child. 

"Alright then, everything's set! I am now a guy." She smiled. I raised my eyebrow, judging her.

"But you're wearing a dress."

"That's not a problem. Now count one to ten!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me along a large tree while giggling. That's the first moment a girl made me smile, despite being the snobbish child I was. 

"Turn around" she halted me to face the tree.

"Araso, I'm starting. Hana, dul..." I can hear her footsteps graudually fading away.

"Yah, don't look!"

"I'm not looking! Set, net," Being a child, I peeked. She went towards the bushes.

"daseot..."  I turned around and started walking. "yeoseot, ilgup, yeodol, ahop..." I stopped counting and went behind her back.

"yeol" I covered her eyes from behind and giggled. She tried to remove my hand and afterwards she surrendered.

"You cheater, you peeked!" I released my hands from her face and turned her shoulders.

"Gotcha" I giggled and she giggled too.

"Yan Jee aaaah! Let's have snacks!" Her brother called her. 

"Aaaaraso!!!" She yelled back. "Gaja?" She reached out her hand. I nodded and took it. 

"I'm Yan Jee, Lee Yan Jee."

"And I'm Byun Baekhyun."

We ran together, back to our houses.  

 

 

"Can I borrow your thin paint brush?" A guy on my left, white skinned flower boy approached me. The rules said 'no borrowing' but since I'm a good kid, I let him borrow it. 

Our time's up, and we need to finalize our works. This is a competition and I want to win. Arts is my life. 

"Please bring your works on the stage." The speaker once again echoed the big painting room. We all fixed our things and prepared our works to the stage.

I saw my mom, my dad, Jinki oppa, and Baekhyun with the audience. They smiled at me and raised their fists. I smiled and raised a fist too. Fighting!

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have picked a winner for tonight. Our criteria for judging is..." The emcee continued to speak of the criteria. I'm real nervous.

 

Baekhyun's POV

What is she looking at? Is she looking at my picture that I gave her?

"Our best work for this art competition is, none other than," 

"Omo, they're going ot announce it!!!"  Yan Jee's appa panicked.

"Relax yeobo. Our girl can do it!" 

"Seong Shin Hun"

"EH?!" We all protested in chorus.

"Seong Shin Hun would like to thank his sponsors in making this wonderful event. Now people that's just an advertisment. Let us proceed to the 1st place, she's none other than!"

"Yah palli!" Yan Jee's appa protesteed again. 

"Lee Yan Jee!" 

Upon hearing her name, we cheered and stood up from our seats. We went to her backstage an her parents embraced her.

"Congratulations Yan Jee!" Jinki hyung removed Yan Jee's beanie and messed her hair.

"Oppa! Stop messing my hair!" She laughed.

"You have to thank the lucky charm that I gave you." I muttered.

"What? Your picture? No thanks!" She laughed. 

"Then what are you looking a while ago? From your pocket?" I .

"Oh, this." She handed me a folded paper. It's Kris saying goodluck.  

"Tch, that blonde haired jerk" I looked at her with furrowed brows. I don't like Kris. I once played with him during a soccergame. He plays dirty. And he's a cassanova. He makes girls fall inlove with him but then breaks their hearts right away. I don't want that to happen to my bestfriend. 

"He's not a jerk, he's hot"

"Whatever. Do what you want"

"Really!"

"Yah guys, stop that. Let's eat! Let's celebrate" Jinki hyung said with a big smile. "Right omoni? aboji?" 

"Pizza!" Yan Jee exclaimed. 

"Bacon!" I suggested.

"CHICKEN!" Jinki hyung grabbed our hands and went straight outside the backstage. 

Inside the restaurant, we ordered lots. Yan Jee eats a lot, just like her brother. 

"Yan Jee ah, you eat like a baby." I said as I brushed away some stray sauce on with a tissue.

"You too." She said as she brushed some chicken crumbs on my cheek.

We laughed at the sillyness we did.

Omoni and aboji went home first. Hyung went to his friend's house. Me and Yan Jee decided to go to the mall. Everytime we go to a  mall, she always goes to this kind of store, a department store and looks at the paintings. And as I remember, she always stops by this painting, an image of the moon embracing the sun. Some sort of like that.

"Yan Jee ah" We both turned to look at who it is. Just my luck. 

"Hi Kris!" Yan Jee's smile brightened when she saw Kris

Ugh, he's here again. I don't want him near my bestfriend.

 

 

 


Annyeonghaseyo readers! :D My exams has finished, that's why I'm updating this now!!! :D  I I know it ;-; I didn't even know why I started this fic. HAHAHA but anyways! Comment and subscribe! :D 
Click on the names with pink to see the characters. :D
 
P.S. It's my first time using pink on my fanfics. Mehehe!