Chapt One

Hating Life to Accepting Life

"Hey Gaeul, how was yesterday?" Chohae asked.

"Fine," I answered as I brushed the remaining eraser shavings off my desk. I looked up and noticed an unfamilar boy wandering in the classroom. "Chohae, who's he?"

"I think he's the new kid the teacher was talking about yesterday," Chohae replied. "Have any plans after school?"

"Since it's Friday, I can bring you over to my place," I said as I watched the "new kid" finally going to his desk. He was pretty good looking and seemed the type girls would go after.

"Should I invite Jihae?"

"Sure." Chohae and Jihae are twin sisters. They are a year younger than me, but Chohae is super smart and she got placed into a higher grade. So she's in my class and Jihae is in the same class as my younger brother, Minwoo.

Chohae's phone suddenly rang and she gave a gentle pat on my back, and left the class to answer the call. I was left alone, but I didn't care if I looked like a loner or one of those uncool people. My eyelids started to feel heavy and my eyes slowly closed. I didn't get much sleep last night because I had to help Minwoo with his science project. His project was due on Monday, but he wanted to impress his teacher by finishing it before the due date.

"Hi," someone dared to say to me. I moaned in complaint and looked to see who interrupted my sleep. It was the new kid, and he was sitting in Chohae's desk.

"Hello?" I said.

"I'm Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai. What's your name?"

"Gaeul."

"Nice name. Doesn't 'Gaeul' mean fall?"

"Yeah. By the way, you're sitting in my friend's desk."

"I know."   

When the bell rang for class, Chohae and our teacher entered the classroom at the same time. Chohae looked surprised to see the desk beside mine was already taken, so she sighed and took the empty desk that was supposed to be Kai's. I looked at Kai and he wasn't even in shame for stealing my friend's desk. Six hours of learning started and I couldn't wait for this pain to end.

||| AFTER SCHOOL

It was finally the end of school and I couldn't wait to go home and rest- oh wait, I almost forgot I'm bringing my friends over. I lazily stood up from my desk when Kai turned to face me.

"Gaeul? Do you want to hang out today?" Kai asked shyly.

"What? I can't hear you." I seriosuly had no idea what he was saying. Like I have already mentioned before, girls were already going crazy for him and asked if he was free to hang out with them. I couldn't hear Kai because these girls were around our desk and kept begging with their high-pitched voices if Kai was busy today.

Out of nowhere, Kai grabbed my hand and dragged me outside the classroom where those annoying girls couldn't be heard.

"I have nothing to do today, so let's hang out." Kai said. This time I heard him clearly.

"But I'm already bringing two friends over." I suddenly felt guilty for rejecting his kind offer. "Actually, you can come over."

"Hehehehee.." I turned around to see where the giggling noises were coming from and I saw Chohae, Jihae, and my brother teehee-ing like five-year-olds.

Minwoo walked towards me and leaned to whisper in my ear, "Is he your boyfriend?" I gave him a disgusted look and shook my head slowly.

"He's just a friend," I whispered back. Minwoo raised one of his eyebrows in disbelief and handed my school bag to me.

"Here, I've already packed your school stuff because you took a while talking to your boyfri-" I shooed my younger brother away. I had enough of his nonsense.