I’m falling without you.

Stupid Game

Hey!  Click me before you proceed ^_^

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Do we really need to hold hands??” Chaerin asked hastily as she eyed her block mates.

“You chose dare and nope, you can’t change it.” Bom answered with her eyes twinkling with tease.

Jiyong held out his hand on her and said, “C’mon it’s just holding hands.”

Chaerin sighed in defeat and reached for his hand. Jiyong on the other hand intertwined their fingers together while she was just merely clasping her fingers loosely to his.

“Both of you can’t let go. Not until we sleep.” Seung Hyun said while looking at Chae, who’s just gaping at him. Seung Hyun laughed heartedly when Chae gave her death glares, though they all knew she’s dying of giddiness inside.

 

 

That’s what they thought. That's what she thought. What about what she felt?

 

 

If she could scream right now, she would. But she can’t, not in front of Jiyong. She doesn’t want to look stupid in front of him. She doesn’t want him to notice her feelings for him, because for her there’s no point. Jiyong is just his college mate who happens to catch her attention since the first time they met. But Jiyong doesn’t notice her. They barely talk to each other. Their conversations in facebook chat were the longest talk they ever had. Though it only happens when Jiyong asks for their home works or projects.

 

 

Okay, maybe it’s Chae’s fault too why they don’t interact that much. Whenever Ji approaches her and tried to converse, she just blocks him and look away. Or she would respond to his jokes but her eyes wouldn’t meet his. Whenever Ji approaches her, her heartbeat won’t keep still. And with that, she’s afraid of getting herself look stupid. But when Seung Hyun and Seungri makes fun of her, she would punch and kick them to death. Sometimes she would even shout profanities at them. In other words, she’s comfortable around them.

 

 

In their room she has her own circle of friends, and Jiyong too. But Chae is friends with Kiko, the closest female to Jiyong in their class. And Kiko knows how Chae feels for Jiyong, she’s been feeding her information about Jiyong. On what he’s like, what he likes, what he do, and small little things about him or anything worth talking about him. Chae is much contented on what she learns from Kiko, but what sometime irks her is when Kiko mentions how lucky is Sohee to be Jiyong’s girlfriend for 3 years. She envied how loyal Jiyong to Sohee. She envied everything about Sohee.

 

 

For Jiyong, he tries to get closer to her, since her friends and his friends are already close. But he can’t come over to her, he felt like she’s avoiding him. Sometimes he feels stupid when she doesn’t return back to his jokes. But when Seung Hyun and Seungri teases her, she would laugh whole heatedly. It made him feel that he doesn’t want her to be his friend. So he decides to just ignore her or watch her from afar.

 

 

Chaerin tried to slip out from his hand but he just grasps her hand firmly. The bottle continues to spin as it finds its new victim. She asks herself why did she pick dare, she already had a clue that they would do something stupid, involving Ji and her.

 

 

All of them were engrossed with the truth and dare, while Chae just stayed silent and tries cherish this stolen moment with him. She knows it’s wrong but she wants it so badly. Her mind tells her to let go already of his hand but her heart tells her, ‘Just a little more.’

 

 

‘I’ll stop after this. I have to let my feelings go away. We don’t have any future together.’ Chae tells herself as she looks at their intertwined hands. Ji would rub his thumb to her from time to time. Sometimes his hand would adjust when he feels she’s uncomfortable. But what Chae loves the most, is when Jiyong would bring her hands to his lap and squeeze it lightly while he laughs.

 

 

Chae tried to remove her hands from him again, but Jiyong just looked at her while struggling to keep his hold of her. Chae furrowed her brows and asked, “I’m not allowed to drink water?”

Jiyong’s lips twitched, “I’ll go with you.”

“Why? Just stay here.” She scoffed.

“No. We had a dare, no letting go of hands.” Jiyong stands up and pulled her up.

“Where are you two going?” Seungri asked, that made the others turn to them.

“Aren’t you gonna watch me do my dare??” the maknae added.

“We’re just going to drink water.” Ji answered as he held their hands up to show them their own dare.

They all nodded and turn to Seungri again, who’s doing a dare of placing his feet behind his neck.

Both of them got out of the room and headed downstairs.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Why are you trying to remove your hands?” Jiyong asked with his sulky voice.

“Because this is stupid.” Chae retorted while lifting their hands together.

Chae drinks her water in one go while Jiyong watched her, his expression is unreadable.

“What?” she asked.

“Why do you avoid me?”

“I don’t.”

“Yes you do. Don’t try to deny it because you’re even avoiding my eyes right now.” He accused.

 

 

Chae bites her tongue to suppress the tears that is about to burst. She let out a heavy sigh and looked at him in the eyes. She promised herself that after this she would let her feelings go, so why not tell him what she really feels. She mustered all her courage and breathes deeply.

 

 

“Do you ever wonder why I turn away when you look at me?” she started.

“I have a small guess…” he answered smiling.

 

 

She looks down to their hands and felt a stingy feeling. The butterflies on her stomach are flying around with nervousness. This is it, she’s going to tell him. Jiyong reached for her chin and lifted her gaze to his.

 

 

Chae lifted their hands together and placed it on her heart, “It’s because I never want you to see that this heart of mine knows how perfect we could be.”

 

 

Her tears started to fall one by one, racing one after another. She can’t believe that she just confessed, it’s not that she’s expecting him to return the favor. But she felt a flash of relief after telling the truth.

 

 

Jiyong let go of her hand and heaved a sigh. “Ah !” he muttered under his breath. He cupped her face and slowly crossed the distance between them. Her eyes went wide as his lips found hers. It was just a soft peck, but slowly she parted her lips to let him in. Though her eyes were closed, the tears just kept on falling. She felt his thumbs caressing her cheeks, trying to wipe her tears. When their lips parted, Jiyong rested his forehead to hers. Both of them are grasping for air trying to calm their selves down.

 

 

“I like you.” Jiyong confessed.

“But it’s not right.” She answered looking down.

Another sigh escaped his mouth, “I know. I had liked other girls before but it’s different with you.”

“Jiyong stop…”

“I wanted to.”

“You have Sohee… it’s not right.” Chae bites her lower lip.

Jiyong brushed his hair with both of his hand and turned his back on her.

“I know, I don’t want to cheat on her.”

Chae’s heart sunk as she felt the loyalty of Jiyong to his girlfriend.

“And I don’t want you guys to break up because of me.” When in fact she sometimes wishes that but she can’t find happiness when she knew someone will be hurt.

“Sorry…” Jiyong whispered still his back facing her.

“I-I promised myself that after this I’ll let go of my feelings for you.” Chae stuttered.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have told you…” Jiyong faced her and reached for her.

Chae’s arms automatically wraps around his torso, she buried her face on his chest and started to sob.

“You shouldn’t have told me…” She clutched to his shirt and cried more.

 

 

Jiyong hugged her closer to him, not wanting to let her go. He wanted to comfort her and make the pain go away, but this is all he could do. He’s causing this to her, he shouldn’t have told her that he likes her. That messed her up more. He knew they couldn’t be together. He has a girlfriend for 3 years and he just can’t let go just because of this stupid attraction for her.

 

 

“Sorry…” that’s all he could say while rubbing her back.

“I’m fine… Let’s just pretend this never happened.” Chae’s arms falls down to her side.

He reached for her face and wiped away the tears that are still falling.

“Can we pretend that there’s US for this night?” Jiyong asked while cupping her face.

Chae nodded, she just wanted to feel that Jiyong is hers. Even for this night.

He planted a soft kiss and both of them looked at each other’s eyes.

 

 

 

 

“I'm falling without you.” They chorused as Jiyong's forehead found Chaerin's shoulder.

 

 

 

 

tumblr_m65h0rCuCc1rrnhfuo5_400.jpg

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Ta-dah!! Sorry, it's kinda sad. I don't why but I got the spot for unhappy endings. >__<

I guess love for me doesn't exist. LOL KIDDING! hahahaha :D