To Find Love Again [ONE-SHOT]

KYUYOUNG ONE/TWO SHOTS

Summary: Kyuhyun got his heart broken, but good thing there's this certain girl who came in to his life and taught him to love again.

 

TO FIND LOVE AGAIN

 

a/n: oh yay! ^^ ive really missed making kyuyoung fics >.< and i was able to make one! but fail DD:

 

He looks at the couple who just walked past him without any sign of remorse from the girl, apparently, the girl who was his ex, seemed to be happy in love with her new toy. He sighed and continued walking, he looks at his watch and he realized he was late for an important meeting.

 

He walks in the parking lot to find his car, he got on and started driving. When he got on the road, he got a phone call, he answered immediately.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Mr. Cho Kyuhyun, you have an important meeting that starts in about a few minutes if I might remind you… Where the hell are you!!?” the other man in the line cursed, he was obviously not happy.

 

“Heechul-hyung, why so grumpy this early morning?” Kyuhyun playfully said, making his hyung more pissed off at the process.

 

“ you, okay? Now just tell me where you are, so that I can tell them--”

 

“I’ll be right there, don’t worry.” Kyuhyun said and hung up. He chuckled, he knows Heechul will kill him when he gets to the office, but he doesn’t care, he’s like that, and he won’t ever change.

 

He stops as the stoplight turns to yellow then red. He looks around and realized where he was, he was by the restaurant, where he felt pain, and eventually happiness.

 

&&

 

“Kyuhyun, let’s break up.” A girl said, looking at him seriously, without any sign of emotion in her eyes.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” he asks, not able to believe a thing she was saying. He can’t think of a reason why his girl friend was acting like that, as far as he knows, their relationship is good.

 

“I said I want to break up.” The girl said again.

 

“What the hell? And you expect me to agree to that?” Kyuhyun said, his voice full of irritation.

 

“Whatever, I don’t even know why I want your permission anyway.” The girl said, standing up.

 

“Wait, where are you going? What the hell is your problem?” he said, he grabbed her hand and his expression softened, “Please, can’t we talk about this?”

 

The girl looks at him and just smirked, “I’m finished playing with you.” She said, and freed her hand when she felt Kyuhyun’s grip loosen, with that she left.

 

Kyuhyun was staring at her retreating figure. He can’t believe that he actually believed that she loved him, that she was going to love him for the rest of her life. Obviously, those were lies.

 

He was heartbroken, broken into a million pieces that he knows is never going to heal. He held tightly onto the small box in his hand, he opens it slowly and reveals a diamond ring.

 

“Excuse me.” He called one of the waiters.

 

“Yes sir?” a tall girl immediately goes to him for his order.

 

“Beer.” He said.

 

“Uhh, how many, sir?” the waitress asks.

 

Kyuhyun looks up at her, “Just bring me whatever you can…”

 

The waitress was taken aback at Kyuhyun, she’s never seen a pair of pained eyes, looking straight at her. She forced a smile, “O-okay sir…” she said and left.

 

Kyuhyun stares at the waitress, he thought he saw concern in the girl’s eyes, but he knows it’s just his imagination. Girl’s are all the same, he was just convinced.

 

&&

 

“Hey Soo, don’t you think that’s an awful lot of Beer?” another waitress asks her.

 

“Ne, I know Sica, but the man said, to bring what I could.” Sooyoung said, putting in the last bottle on the tray.

 

“Are you sure you can carry it?” Jessica asks worriedly. “You should just make Eunhyuk carry it…. Yah! Eunhyuk-ah! Get your lazy here!” she calls out.

 

“Omo, I can do it Sica, you don’t need to call your brother--”

 

“What is it?” Eunhyuk enters the scene.

 

“Carry these.” She said, pointing at the tray Sooyoung was holding.

 

“Whoa! So much beer! Who’s it for?” he asks, taking the tray.

 

“It’s for table 3.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Oh, the couple? Oka--” Eunhyuk said, but his mouth was immediately covered by Sooyoung.

 

“Oppa! Shh! I think they just broke up…” Sooyoung whispers.

 

“Oh, okay… I’m going now.” Eunhyuk said and left the two girls.

 

Sooyoung peeks from the curtain, he saw Eunhyuk arrived at the table and carefully gave the customer the beer. She noticed that the customer never looked or took notice of Eunhyuk, he was just staring in space, with that same pained expression she saw earlier.

 

“So, a bit of a stalker now are we?” Jessica said suspiciously.

 

“What? No way!” Sooyoung said, looking at Jessica, her faced flushed.

 

“Oh, whatever. So you interested in him?” Jessica asks.

 

“No, I’m just really sad about him breaking up with his girl friend, that’ all.” She said. ‘And not to mention he’s really cute!’ a part of her said.

 

“Hmmph, believe me, I can sense more than that Soo… Don’t worry you’ll know--” Jessica was cut off when the familiar voice of Taeyeon, their friend and also their boss, shouted at them.

 

“Yah! What are you too doing here? It’s a busy night, get your asses out there!” Taeyeon said.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo.” Jessica said, rolling her eyes, as she does very often.

“Sica, don’t you dare do that habit of yours to the customers!” Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica turned and gives Taeyeon her best smiles, then it turns to a frown again and left.

 

“Aish, that girl…” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Sooyoung just laugh and left. They did have a busy night, so many people come and go. And in no time, the restaurant comes to a close, and they were all exhausted from the night’s buzz.

 

“Aish, sooo tired… I’ll be going first. Good night people.” Jessica said, arranging her things and waves at them.

 

“Yah! Wait for me!” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Take care.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Me too Soo, Teukie just called me and he’s sick. But I’m worried, are you sure you can handle closing the shop?” Taeyeon asks worriedly.

 

“Of course, I’ll handle it, don’t worry about it.” Sooyoung assured her.

 

“Well, okay. Be careful okay? Thanks a lot Soo!” Taeyeon said, and gave Sooyoung a hug, then she heard the voice of the ice princess.

 

“Yah! Taeyeon-ah! Come on!” she shouted.

 

“I’m coming!” she shouted back and left the restaurant, leaving Sooyoung alone.

 

Sooyoung just sighed and proceeds in checking the doors are already locked. It was quiet and as far as she knows she was the only one there. But she was startled when she hears something from one of the tables, she began to get scared.

 

“W-who’s there??” she said loudly.

 

She heard someone, but it wasn’t very clear. She gets closer, “Who--?” she looks down and saw someone sprawled down the floor.

 

“Omona!!” she gasped and goes to help the guy, then she realized it was the customer who’s seated at table 3.

 

He must’ve drunk so much he fell asleep, she thought to herself.

 

And now with the shop to close and with a person unconscious, she didn’t know what to do. She thought of waking him up, but looking at the guy, he seems really tired, so she abandoned the idea.

 

“Oh, otteokhae…” she mumbled.

 

After a few minutes of thinking, she decided to leave him for a while, she was just going to change and arrange her things then come back and think of a plan on how should she get out with an unconscious guy.

 

She made him comfortable first as possible, she put a pillow under his head, and made her apron a blanket so that he wouldn’t get cold.

 

“Okay, I’ll be back.” She said and goes to the employee’s locker room.

 

&&

 

Kyuhyun wakes up a few minutes later, and a big headache greeted him immediately. He has tolerance with alcohol, but he drank too much, which is just right to knock him out. He looks around and he realized that he was still at the restaurant, he panicked, did they lock me in?

 

Then he looks at the apron that was used for his blanket, he stares at it and it was strangely familiar.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” He heard someone said. It was the waitress earlier.

 

“You… ahh--!” he hissed in pain as his head ached.

 

“Oh, I’ll just get you medicine.” Sooyoung said and left. After a few minutes she came back with a glass of water and a medicine capsule.

 

“Drink.” She said.

 

Kyuhyun looks at her suspiciously, but with his head aching, he couldn’t do anything else but comply.

 

“Well, since you’re awake, let’s go now.” Sooyoung said, standing up and looks at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything and just stood up, wobbling. Sooyoung immediately helps him, but Kyuhyun slapped her hand away and walks past her.

 

“What the, he’s the one that needs help and he’s like that? Aish!” she said in frustration and follows him.

 

When they were outside, she locks the doors and double checks then she looks at Kyuhyun but he wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Where is he now?” she asks and saw that he was already walking, and his distance increasing more from her.

 

Sooyoung looks at him with irritation, she can’t believe that she just helped him and yet she didn’t receive any thanks or maybe even just a smile, she regretted waiting for the jerk.

 

&&

 

Kyuhyun side glances at the girl, he was mad with girls, but he can’t seem to for this girl. Well, aside from getting help from her, he can’t seem to be mad about her, he absolutely doesn’t know why.

 

He decided to make his pace slower, for the girl to catch up to him, which was working, because Sooyoung was now only a few feet away from him.

 

He was really thankful to her, but with the way he acted earlier, he was embarrassed. He should apologize for it.

 

‘But, would she even accept it?’ he thought.

 

He decided to get it over with, he stops abruptly, which causes Sooyoung to crash into him.

 

“Yah! Why’d you suddenly stop--” she asks.

 

“I’m sorry about earlier, and… thanks…” he said, pausing for a bit and walks again.

 

Sooyoung was surprised, but she was also glad.

 

‘So, he’s not that bad at all…’ she thought.

 

They went their separate ways when they reached a corner, they looked at each other, and to Kyuhyun’s surprise, Sooyoung smiled.

 

He just nodded and let Sooyoung go first, he stared at her retreating figure, he noticed that she was side glancing, but was hesitating to do so, but she did anyway. She quickly turned when she saw that Kyuhyun was still there and was looking at her. He chuckled at the sight.

 

One thing was sure, it was a tough night, but it was okay in the end.

 

&&

 

The next days, they didn’t see each other, both were busy, Kyuhyun with finishing university and Sooyoung also in university and while working still.

 

Kyuhyun was still in the process of moving on, and well, he was having a hard time, but he was slowly healing it. And he always thought of the waitress at the restaurant. He wondered if she was still working at the restaurant.

 

But it both surprised them when they saw each other at an event at school, and even more when they found a common friend.

 

“Heechul-hyung!” Kyuhyun calls out to a familiar guy talking to some of his friends.

 

Heechul turns and saw Kyuhyun, coming up to him.

 

“So hyung, feel old now that you see all these students?” Kyuhyun said, laughing. It was an open party held every once a year, all of the students are allowed to go, also alumna, and Heechul was one of them, along with Leeteuk.

 

“Shut up brat, when are you going to graduate anyway? Your father’s really anxious in giving you the company.” Heechul said.

 

“Very soon my dear hyung.” He said, smirking.

 

Heechul glared at him. And Leeteuk just laughs.

 

“Be patient will you Chul?” he said.

 

“How can I when his father always bothers me with it?” Heechul said, he was the right hand man of the President of Cho Enterprises, which was Kyuhyun’s dad.

 

“Oppa~!”  they heard a familiar girl approach them, along with others.

 

“Yoona, where’s Snow White?” Heechul asks.

 

“Oh, he went to get some drinks. Omona, it’s Kyuhyun, annyeong oppa~!” she said happily.

 

“Yah! I’m hungry…” Kyuhyun heard the voice of a familiar girl suddenly, he looks and saw a familiar tall girl.

 

“Soo, didn’t I tell you to eat already!?” Heechul said.

 

“But oppa, no one wants to eat with me, and I don’t like eating alone.” Sooyoung pouted.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles lightly at the action, he was sure, it was the girl he met at the restaurant. He smiled, he couldn’t believe his luck. He thought he would never see her again.

 

‘Well, not that I like her or anything…’ he thought.

 

‘Oh stop denying!’  his inner self snapped.

 

When no one was looking, he pulled her and drags her away from the group. Sooyoung was about to scream when he spoke.

 

“You want to eat?” he asks.

 

Sooyoung was sure she heard that before, but he doesn’t know where. She stared intently at him, and she realized that he was the drunk guy from the restaurant.

 

“You, you study here too?” she asks, there was this certain glow in her that he noticed just now. She looks really beautiful. He never got to appreciate that from before.

 

“Yeah, I’m a senior.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Oh, okay.” She said.

 

Awkward silence greeted them. Both didn’t think that they would see each other again, and they were really glad they did. The silence was broken when both of them spoke at the same time.

 

“You hungry?”

 

“You’re hungry?”

 

They both smiled. Sooyoung noticed something different from Kyuhyun this time, he was happy, but not that much, she can still see pain, but she was glad that he was slowly moving on.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun said, extending his hand for a hand shake.

 

“Choi Sooyoung, at your service.” Sooyoung said, smiling and taking his hand for the handshake.

 

And it was a start of their friendship, which eventually turned to romance, a romance that both cherished.

 

&&

 

Kyuhyun parks at the company’s parking and got out an immediately goes to the elevator. He arrives at the meeting room, all eyes looks at him as he goes to the center and looks at the files, while his secretary waits for him.

 

Kyuhyun motioned for her to come closer and lean in. he whispers something.

“Dear Secretery, would you like to go to lunch with me later?” he asks in a y voice.

 

The secretary was shocked, but she controlled her emotions and just plainly said, “Yes sir.”

 

Kyuhyun smirked and turned to the gentlemen with a serious expression and the meeting starts.

 

&&

 

“Okay? No more questions?” Kyuhyun looks at them, shooking their heads. “Okay, meeting dismissed.”

 

The employees began to arrange their files and goes out, when Kyuhyun, heechul and the secretary were the only ones left, Heechul shouts at Kyuhyun.

 

“The hell where were you brat!? You know how much that meeting was important and you came in late!” Heechul shouted. This dongsaeng of his, is the most difficult one he could get.

 

“Sorry hyung, I was tired from last night… you know…” Kyuhyun said, throwing a side way glance at his secretary, who was blushing.

 

“Aish! Whatever! I can’t believe you the son of a Cho!” Heechul said. This particular Cho is different from his father, but in terms of business, he definitely doesn’t doubt his skills, but his attitude is something to whine about.

 

“Thanks hyung.” Kyuhyun said, smiling at him.

 

“Whatever. Tomorrow’s meeting, be as hell as sure to not be late!” Heechul said and he left.

 

After Heechul left, the secretary spoke.

 

“Tsktsk, sir, you’ve obviously pissed off the vice president.” She said.

 

“Oh, I always do.” He said, sighing in relief, and rubbing his eyes.

 

“Sleepy now are we?” the secretary said, approaching him and gives him a massage.

 

“Hmm, that’s good… too good actually…” he said. “I didn’t know you were good at giving massages Choi Sooyoung, or did I just forget?”

 

Sooyoung giggles and sits at his lap. “I believe you’ve just forgotten about it dear…” she said, nuzzling her face in his neck.

 

“Hmm, you smell good baby…” Kyuhyun said, burying his face in Sooyoung hair.

 

“You too, you smell really y.” Sooyoung said, and giggled.

 

“Oh, don’t give me that y voice baby, or I might just not control myself...” He said, he paused for a second, “I saw her today…”

 

Sooyoung stopped and looks at him shocked, “You what?”

 

“I saw her, and with another man at that, I wonder what happened with the other one…” he said.

 

Sooyoung hugged him tightly. She knows how much he hurt because of that . And she was glad that Kyuhyun was able to move on.

 

Kyuhyun hugged back. Seeing his ex again, brought back that very last memory he had with her, and it was the least he wanted to remember. He was glad that he had Sooyoung, he’s happy and thankful that she helped him move on, she was the one who taught him to find love again, and more thankful when she let him love her and she loving him back. “Soo, thanks again…”

 

“For what?” she asks, breaking up the hug and looks at him confused.

 

“For everything, for --”

 

“Okay, let’s not start with the ‘for’ again.” she said, putting her index finger on his mouth. “And as I’ve told you always Cho Kyuhyun, no need to thank me. Just love me forever, okay?” she said, smiling and giving him a light peck on the lips.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, he kissed her passionately on the lips. They stopped when they heard something grumble. Kyuhyun looks at her sternly.

 

“You didn’t eat again?” he asks.

 

“Well, I was going to be late so--” Soooyung was saying, but she was cut off when he kissed her again.

 

“Aish, it can’t be helped then, let’s go get brunch.” He said, leading her out of the meeting room.

 

&&

 

“What do you want to eat?” Sooyoung asks, when they arrived at the familiar restaurant, they knew so well.

 

“Hmm, lemme see… it’s not here in the menu…” Kyuhyun said, scanning the pages.

 

“Eh? How can that be?” she asks.

 

“Cause the name of the dish is Choi Sooyoung.” Kyuhyun said, and he laughs.

 

“Ugh! Stop that! You know I don’t like cheesy lines!” Sooyoung said.

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun said, “My Sooyounggie, Saranghae~~” he said in the most cheesy way possible.

 

“I hate you~~” she pouted at him. And Kyuhyun just laughs.