그 남자는 반대 03

[ONE-SHOT] 그 남자는 반대 (That Man Opposed)

 

For the following weeks, you and Daniel didn’t speak to each other at all. In fact, he ignored your presence in school and whenever you bumped into each other. He was doing what you wanted him to do. He was leaving you alone, but you were wondering why it was hurting you so much when it was you who pushed him away.

No reason to feel upset. You asked for it, you tried to convince yourself.

“We’re all going over to my house again. Come with us,” Jaemin suggested one day, right after the last bell rang.

It was a Friday. It had been nearly two months since you and Jaemin had gotten together. You had grown to be more comfortable around his friends and you didn’t mind the little acts of skinship Jaemin would do with you. It never went further than kissing, though, because you were still a little uneasy.

“Sure, I don’t have anything better to do, anyway,” you agreed with a shrug of your shoulders.

As you headed out the door, you missed the smirk that formed on Jaemin’s face.

“This is going to be too easy,” Jaemin whispered to his friend, Jaewook. 

You climbed into the car with Jaemin and Jaewook, oblivious of the plan your boyfriend and his friends had made.

“Are the guys over there already? With all the props?” Jaemin asked Jaewook.

“Yeah, all set up. They’re just waiting for us,” Jaewook replied.

“Props?” You questioned, confused.

“We’re going to play a fun game later,” Jaemin answered, his arm wrapping around your waist tightly.

When you arrived at Jaemin’s house, he pushed you out and ushered you into the house. He led you up the stairs and to his room, where his other friends were. Jaewook shut and locked the door behind him, and the four boys stood around you in a circle. Your eyes scanned each smiling face, worry and fear building inside your body. You stared at Jaemin, waiting for an explanation.

“W-w-what’s going on?”

“The game I told you about… we’re starting soon,” Jaemin whispered, taking steps closer to you one at a time.

His finger slowly made its way from your cheek, to your neck, and to your waist. Before you knew it, your legs hit the side of the bed and Jaemin was ready to force you down on the bed.

“W-wait,” you stuttered, holding your palms up. “I n-need the b-b-bathroom.”

Jaemin sighed and released you, letting you go. You brisk walked to the bathroom, locking the door before taking a seat on the edge of the bathtub. Unlocking your phone, you made sure it was on silent before typing a quick text message.

To: Daniel

I’m at Jaemin’s and I think they’re going to do something bad to me. I’m scared. Please save me.

Your fingers trembled while you were typing the message, but you typed quickly enough. A reply came in just a few seconds later.

From: Daniel

No. You didn’t want to listen to me. Have fun.

You felt tears collect beneath your eyelids as you closed your eyes. He was right all along, but you had only ignored him. You were so blinded by what you thought was love. It wasn’t love. It was only infatuation but you let it go far enough to neglect your best friend who knew what was best for you. You had let yourself get into this mess and nobody was going to save you. You prayed for the torture to quickly pass and made your way to the door, ready to meet your fate.

“Took you long enough,” Jaemin said with a sickeningly sweet voice. “Your best friend isn’t going to save you, sweetheart. You should know that by now.”

Jaemin grabbed your phone and threw it against the wall, making it smash into pieces. You stood still, waiting for them to make their moves on you. When they didn’t, you tried to make a run for it but Jaewook held onto your collar and pulled you back. He threw you on the bed mercilessly, and Jaemin climbed on top of you immediately. He crushed your body with his, locking you into place. You attempted to kick him, to push him off, to injure him, but you weren’t strong enough.

“Tie her,” Jaemin growled, his eyes looking into yours.

You felt ropes going around your wrists and your ankles. The ropes were then tied to each of the bed posts. You couldn’t move a single inch. The ropes were of enough length and were tied tightly. There was no room for your escape now. You were going to lose your innocence to a and his friends. 

“Don’t cry. I’ll make it enjoyable for you,” Jaemin cooed, wiping your tears off your cheeks.

He then proceeded to kiss you, forcing his tongue into your mouth. His hands d you everywhere, and you felt him sit on your stomach. His other friends started tearing your clothes off of you. Not even a minute later and you were completely in front of four hungry pairs of eyes. You felt dirty, and you wanted to die right there and then.

“Open your eyes, honey. It’d be more fun that way,” Jaemin chuckled, tearing his clothes off as well.

You heard his other friends taking off their clothes as well, and thus you kept your eyes closed. If you were going to be , you didn’t want to see anymore than you had to. Hands and mouths were all over your body, and it only added to the disgust you felt for yourself. Although you were squirming, the four pairs of hands held you down.

“Are you going to continue resisting?” Jaemin yelled, frustrated.

 Your head swung to the side as he slapped you hard. Your tears kept flowing and in a sickening away, it was a turn on for Jaemin and his friends. Jaemin continued hitting you, and you felt your head spin. You hoped you were going to black out from all the blows soon. To you, it was better for you to black out. At least you wouldn’t have to be conscious to experience the hell the boys would put you through.

The door came crashing down with a loud bang, surprising the four boys. You caught sight of reddish brown hair and a familiar figure.

“Daniel…” you whispered.

Daniel turned around to face you. The four boys were already off of you, ready to fight. Daniel took a blanket and swiftly threw it over your bare body. He got into a fighting stance and smirked at Jaemin and his four friends.

“Wrong move, boys. You shouldn’t have thought of taking advantage of her.”

Daniel charged forward and kicked Jaemin in the stomach. He elbowed the guy behind him and bumped heads with the one charging towards him. He threw a few punches and kicks to weaken all four boys. Jaemin was face down on the floor while his friends stood back, clearly afraid. Daniel pulled on Jaemin’s arm and twisted it. Jaemin howled in pain, but Daniel showed no mercy. He stepped down on Jaemin’s shoulder, and the pain was so intensified that he passed out.

“You might want to take your friend to the hospital to pop his arm back into place. I’m sure it’s dislocated, if not broken. Get those bruises checked out, too, maybe? Don’t let me see you again,” Daniel snarled.

The three boys cowered in fear and nodded their heads. Daniel scoffed at the pathetic sight of the boys backing down so easily. He turned towards the bed and undid all the ropes. You were already out cold from all the blows earlier. Daniel wrapped the blanket over your body securely and carried you out. He drove you to the hospital where he called your parents and left as quickly as he could after greeting them.

You had asked him to leave you alone, after all. He was just doing what he felt was right by saving you from those rapists. Daniel gripped the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He let out a deep breath and made his way to the police station. After reporting Jaemin and his friends for , Daniel headed back home.

When you came to after a few hours, you realised you were in a hospital room. The walls were white, and there was a sofa located at a corner. There was someone lying on it. You recognised the recumbent figure as your father’s. You looked to your right, where your mother was seated and sleeping with her head on your bed. Sitting up, you caused your mother to wake up.

“You’re awake!” your mother exclaimed.

“I’m sorry, Mum. I was stupid,” you apologised, tears flowing down your cheeks.

“It’s fine, sweetheart. It’s over now. Lucky you were saved on time,” your mother comforted you.

“Where’s…” you trailed off, looking at your mother.

“He left right after making sure we were here. Did something happen between you two?” your mother asked, frowning.

“It’s… nothing,” you replied as you tried to smile.

He’s really leaving me alone, but I don’t want him to. Not anymore. Not after I realised my feelings ever since he saved me, you sadly thought.

“Mum, do you think you could call him over?” you asked, unsure.

Your mother called Daniel over, and your parents left the two of you alone in the hospital room. Daniel sat on the chair, while you sat up on your bed.

“You tell me to leave you alone, but all you’re doing is calling me back,” Daniel stated, expressionless.

“Don’t say that. I admit, I did ask you to leave me alone, but, please don’t. Stay with me,” you pleaded.

“I can’t. Not now. Give me time.”

“Why? Why are you hesitating?” You cried, putting your hand over Daniel’s.

He pulled his hand away, and that hurt you more than it should.

“I need time to get over you,” Daniel started, looking up at your face and wiping away your tears. “I lied when I said I didn’t love you. I do, and not as a friend. I know you don’t feel the same way so give me time.”

“What if I do feel the same way?”

Daniel stared at your face in shock when those words left your mouth. His hand froze on your cheek, and you reached your hand up to hold his wrist.

“I love you. Not as your friend, either. I love you, Daniel Chae,” you confessed, a soft smile forming.

“When? When did you rea–”

“Realise my feelings? When you saved me. My heart started beating quicker when I saw you, and I know it’s not because I was scared. I realised I’ve actually loved you all this while but I didn’t realise it. I was blinded by my infatuation with Jaemin. I'm sorry I took so long,” you explained, looking down.

Daniel placed his thumb and index finger on your chin and made you look up. His eyes were a pool of emotions – love, warmth and affection. He was smiling so widely that his eyes might disappear. His other hand pushed your hair behind your ear, and both your hands were holding onto his arm.

Daniel leaned in and placed his lips over yours. It was short, yet sweet. It was as if he was claiming your lips as his. You felt the love he had for you as he kissed you gently and affectionately.

“I love you,” Daniel whispered while looking into your eyes after he had pulled away.

“I love you too.” 


 

Happy birthday, Daniel Chae!