A Planner

Bucket List

CHAPTER ONE

A PLANNER

 

 

 

June 16, 2012

 

            The road was damp with rain that heavily poured. It has been like this in Seoul since yesterday and Sehun placed a mental note to always bring an umbrella with him from now on because the rain would last for a few days more as reported on the news. He took a sip of his hot chocolate and watched the view from the glass of the shop, now having droplets of water from rain. He smiled and rested his head on his palm.

 

            A surprising fact about Oh Sehun is that he loves rain. Ever since he was a child, he would look out of his room’s window—place his palm on the cold pane filled with droplets of rain and try to feel and enjoy the presence of the rain. He would smile sadly and take one last look of the damp outside before going back to his study desk. He strictly was not allowed to take a bath in the rain, nor even go outside to play and whatnot. Being much of an obedient child, he followed and didn’t even dare to bend the rule.

 

            The thick crowd of people outside was thinning, and Sehun could see a familiar blonde man wearing a red-and-white striped hoodie with a black undershirt and jeans running across the road while avoiding puddles of rainwater on the ground. A smile was plastered on the man’s face, and Sehun thought this man is having fun. Sehun smirked and straightened up. He took a sip of his cup before putting down a half-emptied one. A moment later and the man in red-and-white hoodie entered the shop where Sehun is also in before casually sitting down across him—both hands on the hoodie’s pockets while grinning.

 

            “You suited-up. Are all lawyers meant to wear that everyday, or is it just you showing off?”

 

            The man took out his right hand from his hoodie’s pocket and grabbed Sehun’s cup of chocolate without any hesitation. Sehun watched him with fascination and smirked. The latter looked up and let out a loud laugh. Sehun laughed too, but not as much as the man did.

 

            “You still act all the same, Luhan. All bubbly and immature at times,”

 

            “Oooh~ says the all-too-boring lawyer from Las Vegas, dude you still gotta work on your fashion sense. It’s horrible.” The man, named Luhan, said while grinning.

 

            Luhan had now finished Sehun’s hot chocolate, and Sehun could no longer do anything but cross his arms and lean back to his chair.

 

            “And you still have to work on your lame jokes. It’s horrible.”

 

            Luhan laughed. Sehun just smiled before leaning closer to Luhan, his own hands intertwined together on the table.

 

            The soft music played as their background. A group of teenagers from the other table just left, and a couple is now sitting on their table, drinking coffee and giggling. Sehun looks at them, and laughs a bit. Luhan notices and turns his attention to where Sehun was looking.

 

 

            “What’s up with that laugh, lawyer?”

 

            “Stop that, hyung.”

 

 

            Luhan rolls his eyes, and leans back.

 

            “I’ve got news for you,” Sehun says a moment later. Luhan looks at him, and waits for him to start.

 

            “Call me silly, but I want to get you as my wedding planner.”

 

            Luhan says nothing. He looked pretty pale and his eyes were glued on Sehun’s. Sehun waited, until he saw Luhan smile. Sehun relaxed and returned his smile.

 

            “So, is that a yes?”

 

            “You’d put me to jail if I wouldn’t.”

 

            “Hyung~”

 

            Luhan laughs and Sehun joins him as well. Sehun fumbles for his phone on his duffel bag, and later on shows Luhan a picture of him and a girl with a hair ever so pink—his arm was on the girl’s shoulder and their faces squished. Sehun smiles as Luhan grabs his phone to take a better look.

 

            “That’s Krystal, my fiancée”

 

Luhan says nothing. He returns Sehun’s phone and leans back, sighing. He fumbles in his pocket for a candy, and offers Sehun one when he eventually gets two. They stay quiet for a moment—both men focusing on their own lemon-flavored candy in their mouths for awhile.

 

“So when did you meet her?”

 

 

            Luhan blurts out suddenly. Sehun looks at him, and straightens up.

 

            “About 3 years ago. In a party of my friend, actually”

 

            “Are you sure now of your decision? Don’t you think it’s still too early?”

 

 

            Sehun laughs and reaches out for Luhan’s hand.

 

“I’m 25 years old now, hyung. I’ll be fine.”

 

The strong rain outside has now turned into a drizzle—Luhan says nothing for awhile. He smiles, and Sehun thought he was beautiful for a moment.

 

“So when’s your wedding date then?”

 

____________________

OMG I dunno what im doing TT^TT

im sorrrrryyyyyyyyyyy.... anw i'll write longer chapters next time huhuhuhu sorryyyy