What Just Happened? (No. 7: Gazing into each other's eyes)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

 

“Hey, Junsu, could you help me with this one?” Yoochun scratches the back of his head with the eraser tip of his pencil, a scrunched look of confusion clear on his face. “I don’t get it…” He mutters, pushing the maths book to Junsu’s eye view and rubbing his face in frustration.

“Gahhhh…” He groans and lightly hits his forehead to the small coffee table in his room, groaning in pain. “I hate maths.”

Junsu chuckles at Yoochun then averts his gaze to the question he is having a hard time with. Not really a good maths student himself, he ponders over the question again and again with determination that he will be able to solve it for Yoochun.

“Ah.” Junsu exclaims, catching Yoochun’s attention as he lifts his head slightly to look at Junsu with a sleepy expression.

“Ah? Do you get it?” His mouth shapes into an ‘O’, Junsu responding with a firm nod.

“Mhmm. All you have to do is this.” And Junsu picks up Yoochun’s pencil from his grip and scribbles down the answer with all the working out, explaining little details here and there that he thinks Yoochun might not understand too well.

Yoochun tries his best to watch and keep in mind what Junsu is doing, but his eyes slowly droop to a close and his head starts to bob down. Junsu notices this then stops mid-sentence, staring at Yoochun with a slight pout on his lips.

“Chunnie… If you’re sleepy, we can just stop.” Yoochun quickly wakes up and shakes his head to shake off the tiredness, slapping his cheeks to further wake himself up.

“No. We can’t. We have a test tomorrow. I don’t want to fail this again.” Yoochun mutters, sighing heavily and rubbing his temples with a frown. “I think I’ll go get a drink of water first or something and maybe wash my face… Do you want anything? Juice?” Yoochun starts to get up from his position, shaking his legs to bring back blood circulation to his feet.

Junsu smiles up at him and nods. Yoochun smiles back.

“The usual orange juice?” Yoochun asks just in case they were thinking differently.

“Neh. Thank you.” Junsu smiles again then goes back to his studying, flipping his own maths book to the next page to work on a different question. Yoochun stands there for a long while, just watching Junsu do his work. Junsu senses Yoochun still standing there and he tenses up a little.

‘What is he doing?’ Junsu thinks to himself, looking at the corner of his eyes to Yoochun’s legs. Then he hears a little sigh, most likely from Yoochun, and watches Yoochun’s feet pad away.

“Hey. What did I say about sighing, Chunnie? You’ll get old faster.” Junsu yells after his best friend, to shake off the tense feeling from his chest. He hears a faint chuckle from the latter and nothing more.

Junsu smiles to himself and, again, continues with his work. He scratches the back of his head, trying to think of the solution to the new problem he is trying to do.

“This is so hard.” He mutters under his breath and bites his lip in disappointment. “I hope the questions won’t be this hard in the test…”

A few minutes later, he hears soft padding on the wooden floor slowly growing louder. Yoochun then appears at the doorway, holding two glasses of juice; a glass of orange juice for Junsu and apple juice for himself.

“Orange juice for Su and apple juice for me.” He grins and kneels on the floor near the coffee table, carefully setting the glasses down on it. “You okay, there?” He adds, looking over Junsu’s shoulder to take a peek.

“Neh… I guess.” Junsu looks back at Yoochun and smiles. Yoochun smiles back at the tad smaller man then his knee loses balance. He crashes onto the floor, grabbing a hold of Junsu by instinct, and ends up atop of his best friend; his lips only inches away from the other.

No one says a word for a while; they only stare into each other’s round and surprised eyes. Junsu suddenly feels hot; his heart starts to pound faster in his chest but he couldn’t seem to get the courage to push his best friend off him. As for Yoochun, there is this strange feeling inside him that he can’t place. He, too, doesn’t seem to have the sense to move away from Junsu.

“I-I’m sorry…” Yoochun suddenly mutters after a long while, getting back to earth and quickly sitting up. He clears his throat and looks the other direction. He averts his eyes to Junsu, who slowly sits up and dusts himself off, seeming to avoid Yoochun’s gaze as well.

“I-It’s okay…” Junsu softly squeaks, feeling his cheeks starting to burn with embarrassment.

‘What just happened?’ Both of them wonder at the same time.

~~~~~

Herro~

Chapter 7 is here~! Keke~

How do you like the story so far? ^^ Hope this one doesn't seem rushed?
Because this one sorta is rushed OTL

Oh well~ ^^

And yeah, this one didn't really seem like "gazing"... ><"

Anyways, please comment! XD

-the-badguy-or-hero-♥