Kiss the Bride...? (No. 25: Getting Married)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

Junsu flutters his eyes open, wincing softly and immediately squinting his eyes at the bright rays of the morning sun shining through the small gap of the window’s curtains. Covering his eyes, he shifts his weight and lies on his other side; his right side. His eyes greet Yoochun sleeping on his back, a light snore escaping his slightly open lips. Junsu smiles despite sleep still fogging his eyes and snuggles comfortably against his lover’s chest, his heart pounding faster and faster with each passing second.

The familiar fluffy feeling in his chest starts again and he welcomes it with open arms, never getting tired of the same feeling every time he is with his other. This time is different, though; this time, aside from being next to his only other, the thought of tomorrow excites him to no end. After all these years as a dating couple, tomorrow is the day they will finally unite as one.

Junsu smiles even wider at the thought and curls up against Yoochun, his mind drifting to all sorts of fantasies as he flutters his eyes closed. He doesn’t notice the figure next to him stir and wrap his arm around his small waist until a few minutes delay.

“Hmm… Morning.” Yoochun half-whisper half-groans huskily, sleep still lingering in his voice. His arm encloses tighter around Junsu’s waist, pulling the younger closer to his bare chest and burying his face to his strawberry scented hair. His eyebrows furrow at the ends of Junsu’s hair in contact with his eyelids but his lips form a loving smile. Placing a soft kiss on the younger’s head, he lifts his face off Junsu’s hair and finally opens his eyes, looking down at Junsu with love in his eyes.

“Good morning, Chunnie.” Junsu responds, smiling at the little actions Yoochun gifted him. Snuggling even closer to him, he places a soft peck on his lover’s sweet lips. “Did you sleep well?”

Yoochun nods in response to Junsu’s question, smiling again and pulling him into a tight embrace. His chin rests on Junsu’s head while caressing his soft strawberry scented hair. In return, Junsu caresses Yoochun’s bare chest with light touches of his fingers, sending tiny jolts of electricity to Yoochun’s heart.

“How about you?” Junsu feels Yoochun’s chest vibrates a little as he spoke.

“Neh, I slept well.” Junsu replies with a little satisfied hum, enjoying Yoochun’s soft touches as if he is fragile.

“Are you hungry?”

“You’re asking that because you’re hungry.” Junsu laughs to which Yoochun chuckles along and retorts.

“I’m not hu—“ At this moment, a low rumble groans from Yoochun’s hungry stomach, exposing the man guilty for almost jokingly lying. Junsu laughs and pokes his lover’s chest. Yoochun grins sheepishly and scratches the back of his not-itchy head.

“Okay, I may be a little hungry. Just a little…” Yoochun explains without any success of fully convincing his lover. Junsu continues to laugh and pries away from Yoochun, swinging his feet to the side and slipping on his slippers. Getting up, he stretches then pulls his other up to his feet by his arms.

“Let’s go make some breakfast together.” Junsu suggests but then looks down to Yoochun’s exposed chest then adds, “After you put on a shirt. Go!” Junsu turns his lover around and pushes him to the open closet to change.

“Aww, but why? It’s not like I’m going to fry my chest on a pan…” Yoochun huffs but grabs a shirt anyway.

-----

“Are you ready for tomorrow?” Yoochun suddenly asks out of the blue before forking a piece of vegetable into his mouth. His eyes shift towards the younger seated across from him at their temporary dining table in their temporary home. Junsu lifts his head off his plate, blinking innocently for a few minutes as the question registers in his mind.

“The wedding? Of course.” Junsu’s eyes soften as he smiles. “I’ve been waiting for it my whole life.”

“Really?” Yoochun lifts his eyebrow challengingly.

“Yes, really.” Junsu responds, eating a spoonful of omelette then smiling as he chews the soft substance in his mouth. “Why do you ask?”

“Nothing.” Yoochun simply dismisses the topic but Junsu wouldn’t have it.

“Haven’t you been waiting for it too?”

Instantly understanding Junsu’s concern about the sudden topic, he answers, “Of course. Even though I know you sleep next to me every night, and I wake up next to you every morning, come home with your welcome greeting with that beautiful smile of yours that never seems to disappear, watch silly and stupidly cheesy movies with you, or even just spend my time with you, it doesn’t feel enough. It doesn’t feel like I completely have you but tomorrow that will change.

Tomorrow you will be forever mine. No one will be able to take you away from me. Not like they can try now anyway but, you get me. Aish, I don’t know what my point is now.” Yoochun chuckles in embarrassment but continues, “Though, really, I love you. If I knew that our relationship would be like this sooner then I would have asked for your hand and marry you way before tomorrow.”

Junsu smiles, satisfied and moved by Yoochun’s words.

“You don’t know how much you make me feel so warm inside.” Junsu whispers to himself as he averts his eyes back to his unfinished plate of food with the same smile still plastered on his lips. Even though a whisper, it was loud enough for Yoochun to hear. He pulls his hand over to the table, offering to grab a hold of Junsu’s free hand. Junsu looks up to Yoochun, confused by the gesture. Finally understanding, he slowly places his hand on his partner’s and immediately, Yoochun’s fingers slip perfectly in between his.

“I honestly don’t know what I’m doing to you but I like it and I wouldn’t mind doing it forever as long as I get to see that smile every time I do it.”

Junsu smiles at the heartful words, his heart warming up even more. What did he do to deserve such a person in his life?

-----

“... take him as your loving husband?” The priest’s voice booms through the cathedral, echoing from the marble walls before slowly silencing. In the cathedral, everyone is present; both Yoochun and Junsu’s parents are seated at the front, their relatives are present too, and so are their close friends and friends.

“I do.” Junsu smiles, turning his head to smile at Yoochun who is donning a spotless black suit with a rose pinned on his front tuxedo jacket’s pocket and flashing a huge smile right back. Junsu himself is wearing a new white tuxedo, not the same one that he wore when he was proposed to; this tuxedo is different, specifically for this wedding. A wedding that Junsu will never forget.

The priest turns to Yoochun, his voice booming and echoing through the cathedral again as he spoke, “And do you, Park Yoochun, take Kim Junsu’s as your loving wife—“

“Husband.” Junsu corrects.

“Nope, it’s wife.” Yoochun corrects over Junsu, earning a playful scoff from Junsu and small laughter from the audience behind them.

“Okay, err, wife as your own, to care for him in sickness and in health, to stay by his side, comfort him until death do you part?”

“I will forever be by his side. I do.” Yoochun flashes a grin towards Junsu as he says these words, earning a slight flush of pink on Junsu’s cheeks.

“I now pronounce you two, then, as husband and…” Junsu glares towards the priest, taking him aback for a few seconds as his glare pierces through his soul. Despite this though, he still goes by Yoochun’s request.

“Uh, wife. Y-You may now kiss the bride…?”

Yoochun pulls Junsu towards him by his waist, his face leaning closer to the other’s inch by inch as he tilts his head.

“You are so dead when we get home, Park Yoochun.” Junsu mutters under his breath as he smiles to cover his frustration for being called “wife” and pulls the other into a deep kiss. Yoochun chuckles in the kiss, not minding the comment at all. In times like this, he knows Junsu is enjoying everything anyway.

-----

After numerous photographs with family, relatives and friends, the newlywed couple finally leaves the cathedral via a white Mercedes limousine. Shortly, they arrive at the lavish reception party prepared at the beach coast for dinner about a 2-hour drive away. The couple steps out of their limousine and are immediately greeted with claps, whistles, cheering and tinkling of forks to wine glasses.

Junsu couldn’t contain his joy seeing everyone there to celebrate; he is practically waving at everyone he knows with a huge grin. Seeing this, Yoochun couldn’t help but smile at Junsu then grabs his hand to hold, leading him to their table.

“You’re very happy.” Yoochun comments as they both sit down.

“Why wouldn’t I? Everyone’s here, Chunnie.” Junsu responds with a smile, turning away to smile at everyone again.

“Oh, just commenting. I didn’t say I didn’t like your smile.” Under the table, Yoochun reaches for Junsu’s hand again, squeezing it protectively. “It makes me smile when you smile.” Junsu averts his gaze towards Yoochun again, suddenly getting lost in those familiar eyes.

“Hey, hey, break it up, you two.” A familiar voice rings in their ears, breaking their little reverie.

“Jaejoong hyung!” Junsu squeaks in glee, grinning as wide again. He notices a familiar figure standing just behind Jaejoong, his long-time friend. “Oh, Yunho hyung!” Yunho lifts his hand as a greeting gesture.

“Congratulations, ers!” Jaejoong grins, walking around the table and patting both Yoochun and Junsu’s backs a bit too harshly than intended. He then pouts cutely and holds onto his face, muttering loud enough for the couple and Yunho to hear, “Oh, how I envy you two! Already married before your hyungs! This cannot be!” Jaejoong blabbers on and on about marriage, the couple already losing focus on his muttering after his second sentence. Jaejoong hyung tends to ramble a lot but they didn’t mind.

“Hyung wants to get married, too?” Junsu asks innocently, his orbs as round as saucers as he looks up towards Jaejoong with a glint in his eyes. Jaejoong couldn’t resist to pinch the boy’s cheeks.

“Oh, why do I have such an adorable dongsaeng? Of course I want to get married, too! Don’t we all?” Jaejoong smiles warmly then averts his smile towards Yunho, to which Yunho replies with a slight jerk then a shy smile back. The couple notices this, their heads looking towards Jaejoong then Yunho and back.

“Are you two dating?” Yoochun asks after a couple of turns.

“Yes! Glad you catch on quick!” Jaejoong grins, running towards his lovely Yunho and hugging his well-built arm lovingly. “About two months ago, right Yunnie?”

“Pfft, Yunnie.” Yoochun snorts, trying to hold his laughter. Junsu nudges him with his elbow and he immediately stops snorting, but his smile never disappears.

“Yes yes.” Yunho glares towards Yoochun, earning a cheeky grin.

“We wish you two long last!” Junsu smiles genuinely towards the new couple.

“Hyungs! The food is so delicious!” Changmin barges into the conversation with a wide grin, unknowingly sporting a bright green lettuce piece stuck in between his teeth. Among the five, silence persists for a couple of minutes before a roar of laughter emanated from the group except for Changmin, who looks between each of his hyungs questioningly.

“What? What?!” Changmin frantically asks, not really understanding the invisible joke. “Did I say something funny? What is it?”


Author's note: Hello~! How are you all doing? ^^ I hope you've enjoyed this chapter; the marriage of YooSu :P Hehe~ Please do give some feedback and subscribe if you want to read more! :) I've written the next chapter already, actually, but it's really short so I'll wait until I've finished the chapter after the next before I post the next chap, if that made any sense at all XD" It may take a while due to exams coming in 2 days (Yikes!) to which I have started studying for but I think that I haven't studied enough for... So I'll be hitting the books, you bet! ^^" Anyways, have awesome days, guise! :)