Unforgettable (Bonus Chapter!)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

“Hey, Su?” Yoochun grins wide, suddenly jumping and landing on Junsu’s lap with a soft thud on their soft leather couch. “Let’s go out today!”

Junsu averts his eyes off his book and tilts his head in confusion. Did he forget something? Is it their anniversary? Junsu quickly glances toward their calendar situated just a little bit to the left above their television screen.

“It’s not our anniversary, jagi.” Yoochun chuckles, knowing what Junsu is up to. “I just want to go out with you!”

“Really…” Junsu muses, deep in thought. Despite Yoochun’s explanation, confusion still spread across his face. It’s rare for Yoochun to want to go outside with him out of the blue, especially on a Sunday afternoon. Yoochun watches his lover deep in thought, enjoying the many expressions he shows while thinking to himself.

“What do you say, Su?” Yoochun asks again. Now that Junsu looks at him again, his eyes seem to be sparkling but for what? He doesn’t know.

“Well… Isn’t it too late to go outside right now, Chunnie?” Junsu frowns, playing idly with the edge of a page of his book.

“Not really.” Yoochun smiles then suggests, “We can go out for dinner.”

Junsu muses to himself again; dinner with Yoochun won’t be so bad. His lover always makes dinners outside interesting and fun. More on the plus side, he doesn’t have to cook since it’s his turn to cook tonight. Junsu finally nods with a smile, earning a smile of excitement in return.

“Do you really not want to go somewhere else before going out to dinner?” Yoochun questions Junsu, now playing with his shirt and lightly poking him on the ribs with his finger.

“Aniyo. Just staying here with you is fine.” Junsu says while playfully swatting away Yoochun’s hand to stop the poking on his ribs.

“You may continue reading your book then.” Both of them chuckle softly.

“Thank you.” Junsu smiles before continuing towards his book. Yoochun hops out of the couch and skips away merrily, catching Junsu’s attention.

Just what is he up to?

-----

“Are you ready, jagiya?” Yoochun calls from the front door while putting on his formal black shoes, donning a dark grey suit with a sky blue tie. Junsu nods while slipping on his own shoes, confused as to why he needs to wear a suit with Yoochun. Compared to his partner, he is wearing a new bright white suit. Despite his whims of possibly wrecking the suit, Yoochun still convinced him to wear it, saying it “will be just fine”.

After grabbing the car and house keys and Junsu’s free hand with his other, they both walk out of their house and to their silver BMW convertible parked outside at their house’ driveway. Like a true gentleman, Yoochun opens the door for Junsu to slip in at the passenger seat. With a flustered face, Junsu replies the kind gesture with a soft peck on his lover’s well-shaped cheeks then sits in the convertible, shutting the car door behind him with a soft click. Yoochun quickly jogs around to the driver’s seat and slips in the car as well, a smile well visible on his face.

“What’s with that really big grin of yours, Chunnie?” Junsu teases while poking the latter’s cheek and chuckling to himself.

“Oh nothing, jagiya.” Yoochun hums, strapping on his seatbelt then revving up the engine. “And we have lift off!”

Yoochun drives off the driveway and out into the roads. Their convertible smoothly swerves around the quiet neighborhood then finally reaches the busy city roads, eventually being caught in a little bit of traffic along the way through the city to the restaurant. The pair do not really mind the traffic though, for they were able to catch up on each other’s lives and talk about other things that are interesting to them. If ever they fall into silence, it isn’t awkward; it’s more of a comfortable silence between them.

Junsu glances towards Yoochun who is tapping his finger on the steering wheel whilst talking, his eyes fixated on the road ahead of them. What he is talking about, Junsu doesn’t know for he got lost in his y husky voice and just concentrated on his voice rather than his words. Junsu couldn’t help but smile at the sight then quickly look away before his lover sees him in the act.

“Junsu?” Yoochun cuts Junsu’s little reverie.

“Hmm?” Junsu hums while cutting his sight away from the window.

“You spaced out again, didn’t you?” Yoochun softly chuckles and reaches out to lightly pinch his slightly chubby cheeks. Junsu, again, playfully swats his lover’s hand away from his cheeks, sticking out his tongue after successfully driving it away from his face.

“What did you say?” Junsu asks.

“Oh nothing. I love you.” Yoochun grins then parks their convertible at the rocky parking lot of their destination; a very fancy restaurant situated almost near the mountains. The restaurant looks like a peaceful little haven; there are streams of water situated almost everywhere throughout the restaurant with bridges to cross over them, lush green shrubs, trees, bushes and beautiful plants surrounding the large area, individual traditionally decorated huts for different groups of customers, and well-dressed and polite staff. Junsu was able to reply back before Yoochun steps out of the car to open the door for him. Together, they step into the restaurant’s entrance hut and are quickly escorted to their reserved hut since Yoochun called in and reserved just a few moments before.

The pair are led over two bridges to their hut. They take off their shoes then step inside the smooth wooden floor. Junsu eyes the beautifully decorated hut, amazed at how traditional and fancy everything looks around him. In the middle of the hut stood a short-legged table with a few candles lit, clean plates with carefully folded napkins atop them, a pair of chopsticks set on a chopstick holder, a spoon and a fork and a traditional tea cup. A large glass window dons the right side of the room, showing the amazing scenery outside, seat cushions are situated on the floor for comfort and a framed set of characters is hanging on the wall of the left side of the room. The air-conditioning unit sits at the corner of the room, a soft hum emitting off it can be heard if everyone is quiet enough.

From what Junsu can see, he guesses that Yoochun has taken him to a fancy and very traditional Japanese restaurant.

Overwhelmed by the beautiful surroundings around him, he quickly sits himself at either side of the table before he collapses on his knees and cause a stir. Yoochun takes the remaining spot, situated across the younger, and smiles.

“Do you like it?” He asks. Junsu looks at him with a dumbfounded look.

“Yoochun, this is so fancy…” Junsu bites his lip.

“Oh, it’s fine. It’s not every day that we go here.” Yoochun waves his hand in dismissal and smiles again, “Besides, today is going to be special.”

Junsu tilts his head at this remark. Why would this day be special?

“Oh don’t worry about it for now. Let’s enjoy our dinner!” Yoochun quickly dismisses the topic. “I’ve ordered the food beforehand so no need to worry. I picked our favorites.”

-----

Their dinner went by without any worries; the waitresses came with finely presented plates and bowls of food, leaving the couple a few moments to themselves between every course of the whole meal. As always, Yoochun and Junsu talked, laughed and joked with each other about many things, truly enjoying the night they are both sharing together. In some parts of the conversation, the pair gladly allows the polite waitresses to join in on the happy conversation and the waitresses are glad enough to put in their own contribution of stories and laughter into the hut.

After the last course, which is a sweet mochi covered with coconut flakes and chocolate syrup at the bottom of the small semi-round plate, Junsu heaves a satisfied hum. With a smile plastered on his lips once again, Yoochun leads his partner back to the restaurant entrance, pays for their stay then walks with him hand-in-hand back to their convertible.

“Thank you, Chunnie.” Junsu blushes a soft pink on his cheeks, genuinely mirroring Yoochun’s expression. He really indeed enjoyed the night and tucks the memory safely in the good side of his mind, ready to be replayed over and over again in his head.

“You’re welcome, but we’re not done yet.” Yoochun chuckles, starting the car’s engine without a sound and quickly driving off the lot after strapping both of their seatbelts on.

More surprises?’  Junsu thinks to himself. In his mind, he chuckles to himself and shakes his head a little. Yoochun is full of surprises today.

“The drive won’t be long. Close your eyes.” Yoochun calmly orders. “Actually, I have a blindfold in the compartment. Put that on.” He grins.

Junsu complies with his lover’s request without any complaints, clicking open the glove compartment and taking out a white blindfold neatly folded. With a little difficulty, he manages to tie the blindfold over his eyes and closes them, deciding to take a little nap even though his lover said it wouldn’t take too long.

The drive is quiet but it is a comfortable quiet.

“We’re here.” Yoochun finally whispers to Junsu’s ear after he felt that the car has stopped completely. The older carefully unties the blindfold away from Junsu’s eyes and reveals the most spectacular view before them. Their car is on a cliff overlooking the beautiful city lights below. Above the city is the moon shining brightly with its companion stars twinkling away in the night sky.

Junsu, in awe, slowly unstraps his seatbelt and gets out of the car. Yoochun smiles and does the same, looking up to the moon and stars. He always takes comfort in the sight of the moon and stars.

“It’s beautiful…” Junsu whispers to himself but it is loud enough for Yoochun’s ears. He quietly walks behind Junsu and snakes his arms protectively around the younger’s waist, kissing his cheek and gently lying his chin on the other’s shoulder.

“I knew you’d like it.” Yoochun smiles, slowly swaying them both in an unknown rhythm. Junsu smiles to himself, laying his hands on Yoochun’s forearms as they both sway side-to-side. The night couldn’t get any better than this.

“Jagiya, I want to ask you something.” Yoochun finally says after a moment of comfortable silence between them. Junsu looks to his right, where Yoochun’s head is.

“Hmm? What is it?”

“This may be really sudden but we’ve gone through so much in the past years of our lives. From the moment when we met at that Halloween costume aisle in the department store as kids to our high school days, to our college years and up until now. Every moment with you, I treasured them all safely in my mind and heart. You don’t know how much you’ve changed me over the years; how I appreciate all your support as we go into our adult lives together; how I treasure every single thing you do and say to me; how you love me for the way I am and I love you so much for that.

I want to live longer with you; to support you better; to be the one person you can trust and turn to for help; to be that one person you can always cry to; and to love you always and forever.” From there, Yoochun lets go of Junsu’s small waist and fishes a little red box from his pants pocket. Kneeling on one knee, he lifts the lid off the tiny box and reveals a simple but stunning diamond ring sparkling and reflecting a bit of the lights surrounding them.

Even before Yoochun lifted the box’s lid, Junsu is already moved to tears. Everything is making sense to him now. The lovely dinner they both shared at the traditional restaurant moments before isn’t just any random dinner. Everything is finally coming to light.

“Will you marry me, Kim Junsu?” Yoochun asks with a hopeful glitter in his eyes, a slight grin plastered on his lips because of confidence of knowing the answer. Who can ever resist him? He knows Junsu will never.

“Yes yes yes!” Junsu squeals like a high school girl, enveloping Yoochun in a tight embrace with more happy tears streaming down his blushing cheeks. Yoochun returns the tight hug with a small squeeze of comfort, laughing at how emotional Junsu is becoming.

“Look what you’ve done to me.” Junsu pouts as he lets go of Yoochun, his bottom lip exposed to the world. With a soft chuckle, Yoochun helps him wipe his tears away with his thumb and kissing his eyelids lovingly.

“Sorry, baby.” He smiles then takes out his hand. Almost immediately, Junsu offers his hand without hesitation and Yoochun slips the ring on his ring finger, now smiling uncontrollably. The younger smiles as well while being enveloped in a hug once again. He lifts his hand to the air, marvelling at the foreign piece glistening on his ring finger. It won’t take long until he’ll get used to the cold metal and love it.

“I love you, Chunnie.” Junsu breathes out, fantasies of their future now washing down in his mind.

“I love you too, Su. Thank you for being such a beautiful sunshine to my gloomy world.” Yoochun whispers to Junsu’s ear. Junsu shivers at the whisper to his ear and smiles.

He will never forget this day.

 


Hello everyone~! It's been a while since I've updated this ;u; And I am truly sorry for lagging behind like an old woman e A e
i've been quite busy lately with exams and the end of the school year but I recently got this urge to write and here is a chapter about 5 pages long for all of you wonderful readers that have ben waiting for more than a month!
I'm so proud of this actually XD I hope you had a good read!
Please comment, subscribe and anticipate the next chapter! :3

Yours sincerely,
-the-badguy-or-hero-♥