Surprise! (No. 24: On One of Their Birthdays)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

“Neh, hyung. Will you be able to do it for me?” Yoochun asks over the phone with Jaejoong, one of his best hyungs, on the other line. Jaejoong is one of their(Yoochun and Junsu’s) close friends along with Yunho and Changmin; he has quite a diva side of him as well as a motherly side so it’s best to say that he’s the mother of the five of them.

Sure, Chunnie! It is for Junsu after all plus it gives me something to do!” Jaejoong cheerfully replies. “I’ll have the cake ready just in time for the party next week.” He adds to which Yoochun grins happily.

“Gomawo, hyung! I owe you one!” He thanks with a relief, a weight finally off his shoulders.

Don’t even bother about it!”

“Arasseo, arasseo! See you next week, hyung!” Yoochun smiles again.

See you next week!” Jaejoong replies then the phone line goes dead. Yoochun locks his phone then practically skips back to the living room to join his lover on the couch to finish watching the movie. Junsu looks up from the screen upon hearing Yoochun’s footsteps and smiles.

“Why are you suddenly so happy, Chunnie?” Junsu asks as Yoochun snuggles comfortably next to Junsu and pulling the younger closer to his chest. Yoochun grins cheekily and shakes his head.

“It’s nothing, baby. I’m just happy.” He simply replies, quickly dismissing the topic. Junsu tilts his head in confusion, wondering what is up with his boyfriend but then shrugs it off and continues to focus on the television screen before them.

Yoochun mentally sighs in relief that Junsu did not question him any further as he is running out of excuses for the younger. It will be Junsu’s birthday next week and the man wants to surprise his lover with a surprise party at the beach with all of their friends and close friends. He wants everything to be perfect for the perfect man of his life. So far, he has prepared the decorations (which are all stashed in Yunho’s place since he has such a grand house), personally made and sent out all the invitations, made arrangements with Changmin about the food (and even pinky promised with the boy not to finish every bite of food before the party) and just recently asked his Jaejoong hyung to bake a cake for Junsu.

So far, everything is going smoothly as he wants it to be and the excitement to see Junsu’s astonished face is tingling him inside.

“Chunnie, I’m hungry. Are there any chips or popcorn?” Junsu snuggles closer to Yoochun, breaking his train of thoughts going through his head.

“Hmm, let me check. Do you want some juice, too, jagi?” Yoochun smiles and kisses the younger’s temple and getting up off the couch. Junsu nods happily then looks back at the screen, fully engrossed at the movie. Yoochun chuckles and walks away to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator and poking his head in it to look for any carton of juice inside.

“Apple or orange, baby?” He calls.

“Apple, please!” Junsu quickly replies. Yoochun quickly grabs the carton of apple juice and closes the refrigerator door, pouring a glass of apple juice for Junsu then looking around the kitchen cupboards for anything that Junsu could nibble on.

_____

“Eh? Where are we going?” Junsu asks in wonder and shock when Yoochun instantly grabbed his hand and is now pulling him to the front door.

“We’re going outside!” Yoochun exclaims excitedly with a wide grin plastered on his cheeky face.

“How can we go outside when we haven’t even changed yet?! Chunnie, let’s change our clothes first, pabo!” Junsu laughs softly, tugging on Yoochun’s hand to pull the older back from opening the front door. “It’s embarrassing to go outside in pajamas.”

“Oh yeah…” Yoochun grins apologetically. “Ppali, ppali! Let’s quickly change!” He excitedly pulls the younger around and back to their bedroom to quickly change into decent clothes for the outside world. “You have to look your best today, Susu-yah!”

“Eh? Waeyo?” Junsu whines playfully while he watches Yoochun rummaging around their walk-in closet for the best clothes he can wear for the day.

“Don’t you remember what day it is today?” Yoochun asks while he continues to dig around for clothes. Junsu tilts his head in confusion.

“… Huh?”

Yoochun stops and looks at the younger for a few minutes, not believing that Junsu forgot about his own birthdate. He quickly dismisses it and fishes out clothes for the both of them, making sure Junsu is looking twice his best than he is to make the younger stand out a little bit more.

“Put these on.” Yoochun orders.

“Can we shower first?” Junsu suddenly asks and grins cheekily, pulling Yoochun to the bathroom and leaving the clothes behind on their shared bed. Yoochun sighs and shakes his head.

“Why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“Shoosh, Park Yoochun.” Junsu silences him by putting his finger on the older’s lips, leading him into the bathroom while holding both his hands then closing the door behind them.

-----

“Whoa! Chunnie, look!” Junsu points out the passenger window in excitement and wonder at the beautiful scenery full of green and farm animals whom are lazily chomping grass away. “Aha! It’s a black and white cow! I haven’t seen one before!”

Yoochun chuckles at his lover’s childish actions but is happy enough to see him happy on his special day, even though he forgot what today is. He quickly glances to Junsu’s direction to catch a glimpse of the younger and smiles wider, looking back to the front to watch the road.

“Did you see that, Chunnie? Wah, I should have used my camera! Aww…” Junsu then pouts childishly, still looking out the window as they drive past all the sheep, cows, horses and breathtaking scenery while on the way to the beach. Well, Junsu doesn’t know they’re going to the beach.

“Get your camera ready, then, jagi.” Yoochun chuckles again.

“Neh!” Junsu grins and rummages around in his bag to find his trusted camera.

“Where are we going again, Chunnie?” Junsu asks while looking out the window, his camera more than ready to take a photo of anything that he thinks is worth capturing.

“It’s a secret.” Yoochun sings and laughs to himself, to which Junsu pouts again.

“Why won’t you tell me?” Junsu whines. “That’s not fair!”

“Well, you would know straight away if you knew what today is!” Yoochun laughs again to which Junsu replies with a huff and a mumble of incoherent words.

The rest of the ride goes smoothly and slightly quietly, what with Junsu’s constant comments full of excitement and the words “Look! Look!” then the snap of his camera. Before reaching the destination, Yoochun pulls up to the side of the road and faces his lover.

“Why did we stop?” Junsu asks in confusion, looking around their surroundings. “Did we run out of fuel?”

“Aniyo.” Yoochun chuckles and reaches over to Junsu’s side to open the glove compartment. He pulls out a white cloth and shows it to Junsu.

“Wear this over your eyes for me.” Yoochun smiles.

“Why? I want to see the scenery!” Junsu complains.

“Come on. Please? Just trust me, Su.” Junsu bites his lip then finally agrees, turning his back to Yoochun so he can wrap the cloth over his eyes to blind him.

“No peeking!”

“Yeah yeah…” Junsu pouts and sits back on his seat, closing his already covered eyes to catch a few minutes of rest since he took so much energy looking around. He feels a pair of lips kissing his cheek and he quickly smiles at the feeling.

“Love you.” Yoochun whispers to the younger’s ear then drives off to the road again, finally seeing their destination after about ten minutes of driving from where they stopped. He again parks away from the road and turns off the engine. He then aids Junsu out of the car, holding his hand protectively while locking the car doors and leading him to the fine sand.

“I can hear waves! Are we at the beach, Chunnie?” Junsu asks to which Yoochun only chuckles in reply.

“Chunnie.” Junsu whines as he makes careful steps with Yoochun’s aid.

“Almost there, honey.” Yoochun smiles while seeing his friends at a distance all waving to him as they stand next to a beautifully decorated hut. A banner hangs just above the entrance with the words “Happy Birthday, Junsu!” with colourful streamers decorated nicely around it. There is also a nice bonfire a few feet away from the waves and a long table with lots of freshly prepared food on the table. Yoochun takes a mental note to thank Changmin later for preparing the food and not eating everything before the party starts.

“Are we there yet?” Junsu pouts, the suspense really killing his curiosity.

“Neh.” Yoochun smiles once the both reach their friends just at the entrance. “I’ll take it off now.” Yoochun unties the blindfold from Junsu’s eyes.

“SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” All of their friends exclaim in unison, popping confetti and streamers everywhere, cheering for Junsu and starting the music. Junsu looks around in amazement; everyone he knows is here and the hut is just simply pleasing to his eyes. His eyes scan about once more and he looks up to the banner, finally realizing what day it is and suddenly feeling stupid for not even remembering himself.

He doesn’t know what to say but his eyes look as if they are saying everything as he starts to tear up in joy. Everyone coos and laughs at how cute he is, Yunho announcing to give a round of applause for surprising Junsu with such a wonderful surprise party.

“Happy birthday, Su.” Yoochun kisses Junsu’s forehead, laughing softly while wiping away the younger’s tears with his thumbs.

“You prepared all of this?” Junsu asks in between happy sobs. Yoochun replies with a nod and a grin, earning a warm hug from Junsu and a kiss on his lips.

“Thank you, Chunnie.” Junsu smiles, wiping away the rest of his tears. “I was so worried the past two weeks that you might forget about it. Turns out I was the one who forgot about it in the end.”

“You silly.” Yoochun laughs and pulls Junsu into another tight and loving embrace.

“Everyone make way for the birthday cake!” Jaejoong’s voice yells over the music and chatting while making his way to the couple.

“Cake?!” Junsu hears from Changmin, who suddenly appears next to him and Yoochun. He laughs softly as the food monster grins cheekily with a little wave of his fingers. While Jaejoong makes his way to Junsu, everyone starts to sing for him, some of them clapping along and others whistling.

“Make a wish, dear.” Jaejoong smiles. Junsu smiles back then closes his eyes, silence overtaking the noise then blows the light away from the candles. Everyone cheers again and claps.

“Thank you, Chunnie.” Junsu whispers to Yoochun’s ear and kisses the man’s cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Junsu.” Yoochun smiles.

 

~~~~~

Why hello there~!

Here I am with another update! So what do you guise think? I feel really accomplished with this! 1800+ words and 5 pages long! Hooray! XD

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please comment, subscribe and upvote if you wish :)

Sincerely,
-the-badguy-or-hero-♥