Grocery Shopping Day! (No. 18: Shopping)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

Grrrr~

Omo! Was that my stomach? So embarrassing… Junsu thinks to himself, glancing around the lecture room to see if anyone around him heard his stomach growl just then. His hand clutches his flat stomach in hopes of preventing it from growling loudly again and he jumps a little as he notices a certain classmate eyeing him suspiciously, her eyes boring into his and her eyebrow slightly raised.

Oh, crap. Crouch low, Junsu. Beads of sweat start to roll down his temples as he slowly sinks lower on his seat, gulping quietly and praying that his stomach won’t growl unexpectedly. He averts his gaze back to the presentation and tries his best to listen attentively for the last couple of minutes of the class. Junsu could feel the fluids in his stomach churn wildly, begging to be fed.

“Okay, class. That’s it for today. Class is dismissed.” The teacher finally announces, to which Junsu quickly packs up his books into his book bag and rushes out the room.

“Aish. That was so embarrassing! I should have eaten another piece of bread before coming to class…” Junsu murmurs to himself as he quickens his pace, out the university’s building and towards his and Yoochun’s shared apartment located only a few blocks away from their university. With a few turns here and there, Junsu finally reaches his destination.

Their rented apartment is a building of cream color with just about 10 floors; the lobby having a different color for its walls (and a nice man as the doorman). Surrounding the building are a few flowers for decoration and on its right is an entrance to the apartment parking lot located underground. Behind the building, fenced off from possible intruders, is a small beautiful Japanese themed garden for the residents to enjoy.

Junsu climbs the few steps of stairs to the entrance of the apartment building, readjusting the strap of his book bag on his shoulder. His shoes make a few squeaking noises as he walks past the well-polished floor of the lobby. He smiles a little awkwardly to the doorman, to which he replies with a small grin, while waiting for the elevator doors to open then steps inside the metal box, pressing the button to his floor then tapping his foot impatiently.

“Hungry…” Junsu mutters under his breath, eyeing the slowly escalating floor numbers as he feels the elevator move up.

With a little ding, the elevator doors open and Junsu rushes out, speed walking to his apartment door and fishing his pockets and his book bag for his keys. He softly curses under his breath for he seems to have lost them. Finally, he finds his keys at the bottom of his book bag.

Click!

“Junsu?”

Junsu looks up from his book bag, meeting Yoochun’s gaze, his figure half hiding behind the open front door as he stares back at the younger. He tilts his head in curiosity and chuckles softly.

“Welcome home.” Yoochun smiles and opens the door wider to let Junsu in, gently taking his book bag off the younger’s shoulder while kissing him on the cheek and closing the door behind him once Junsu steps in. “How was class?”

In the midst of taking off his shoes, Junsu huffs a breath of frustration. “Horrible. I should have eaten more before going to class.” He grumbles as he stands up.

“Oh? What happened? Couldn’t concentrate?” Yoochun tilts his head to the side again.

Junsu walks in the apartment with Yoochun following a few steps behind. His stomach growls loudly once again as he makes his way to their small kitchen and his cheeks quickly turn into a shade of bright red in embarrassment. He hears a faint chuckle from the other man and he swiftly turns around to face him with a small pout.

“What?” Yoochun smiles innocently, pulling the younger closer by his waist and kissing him tenderly on the lips.

“I’m hungry.” Junsu mutters after kissing the older back, squirming off from the embrace and starting his search for something to eat. He looks through every cupboard in the small kitchen, including the fridge, but it seems like the apartment is almost out of supplies. Junsu frowns and decides on a can of soup that can be easily prepared by heating it in the stove, checking the expiry date as he shuffles around to look for a small pot.

“We need to go grocery shopping. We’re out of food.” Junsu exclaims while he sets the pot on top of the stove. Yoochun sits by the counter, watching his boyfriend fiddle the can open with a can opener and smiling.

“We could go after you eat.” Yoochun suggests and beckons Junsu to come closer to him. The younger complies and Yoochun gently takes the can from Junsu, easily prying the lid off with the can opener. “Here you go.”

“Thank you.” Junsu breaths, pouring the cold contents into the heated pot. “Let’s go grocery shopping after I eat. Do you want some?” Junsu offers. The older smiles and shakes his head no, watching his other smile back and turn his attention back to the pot. The next few moments is spent watching the younger eat the soup with a satisfied look, chuckling at the cute faces and kissing the younger’s cheek.

-----

“That was some good soup.” Junsu grins, obviously brightened up by the warm soup that he ate moments ago.

Yoochun chuckles and pulls the younger closer to him, kissing him on his cheek and nibbling on the younger’s ear as they slowly made their way to the grocery store. “Next time, you should eat enough so you won’t get embarrassed in class again.” He grins, earning a little pout from his partner.

“I thought I ate enough! I guess it wasn’t…”

“Ah, we’re here.” Yoochun announces in a soft voice, entering through the automatic doors with Junsu by his side and instantly grabbing a basket to put their groceries in. He never once let go of Junsu’s hand.

“Should we go through all the aisles?” Yoochun questions, eyeing around the store then turning his head to face Junsu. “We might pass by something we might forget to buy.”

“Hmm… True… Let’s go through all the aisles then, Chunnie.” Junsu smiles then adds, “Good thing we’re free the rest of the day. Today is grocery shopping day then!” He laughs softly, swinging their hands as they start their journey through the first aisle of the store.

The pair scans their eyes through opposite sides to save up energy and time, picking up the things that they need and want; sometimes picking up something off the shelf that their other might like. At times, Junsu stops and takes his sweet time choosing amongst different choices, halting Yoochun who usually just takes off anything his hand reaches for, regardless of the many choices there are. Yoochun doesn’t mind this, though. Junsu puts more thought into what they should buy and it warms the other’s heart of how thoughtful Junsu is about what their home cooked meals should be for the next 2 weeks.

“Chunnie, let’s have some shrimp for dinner.” Junsu says as his eyes scan through the much seafood on display, only a glass window separating them and the various seafood apart. A seafood clerk stands across the couple just behind the display, but he seems to be disinterested at the pair for the moment.

“Hmm? Shrimp? Sounds good.” Yoochun smiles, mirroring Junsu’s action of looking through the various fish and other seafood. Junsu orders about half a kilogram of shrimp, thanking the seafood clerk and placing the well packed shrimp into the basket.

“I think that’s enough, Chunnie. Let’s pay for these and go home.” Junsu gently pulls the older to the counter to which Yoochun easily complies with a smile on his lips.

The couple waits in line, chatting about little things and events that interest them both. After the cashier checks out everything the pair is buying and announces the amount, Yoochun quickly butts in between Junsu and the cashier and pays for the lot, catching the younger completely off guard.

“Yah!” Junsu pouts but grabs half of the grocery bags. “We’re sharing the bills, remember?”

“Why of course we are. We’re a couple. Maybe exactly like a married couple.” Yoochun explains while taking the rest of their grocery bags with him as they walked out of the store side-by-side. “So isn’t it quite logical that our money is shared?”

“Tsk.” Junsu rolls his eyes but softly chuckles, suddenly walking a tad bit ahead of Yoochun.

“Hey, walk next to me! Slow down!” Yoochun pouts.

“Hurry up, my husband.” Junsu jokes, sticking his tongue out playfully then hurrying his steps.

 

~~~~~

Hello~! :D It's been a while, no? ^^"
Sorry for the long wait, everyone!

I had exams and lately, there had been so many assignments due and tests piling up on top of the other that I simply had no time for myself OTL

Plus, I took my sweet time to make this chapter as long as I could so you guise could read twice as much than how less I usually write :D
Please do tell me if you've enjoyed this chapter and would like me to continue writing chapters about this long or much longer~!
I will try my best to comply with your wonderful requests ^o^/

Comments, subscribing to my story and upvoting this keeps me moving~! >w<

Sincerely,
-thebadguy-or-hero-♥