Let's Bake Together (No. 15: Baking/Cooking together)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

 

“What are you doing, Su?” Yoochun appears next to his lover, Junsu, looking over to the latter’s screen to see what he was doing in the net. “Hmm? Is that a cooking website?”

Junsu chuckles softly and nods, “Neh… Well, more of like a baking website. I want to try baking and our friend recommended this site to me; he said he tried a few of the dishes here and they weren’t that bad. You know Hyunseung?”

Yoochun nods at the familiar name. “I didn’t know he likes baking.”

“Or cooking. I was surprised too.” Junsu adds, scrolling through the site then stopping at a particular post with a recipe that immediately interested him. The picture of the end product looked delicious and amazing and the ingredients didn’t seem so alien to him. He is sure that he could get the ingredients easily in the nearby supermarket.

“This looks good.” He mutters, his eyes scanning through the step-by-step process on how to make the certain dish. “I think I’ll make this…”

Yoochun smiles and places a hand on Junsu’s arm. “Want some help? I want to help you, Su.” Yoochun grins and nods, turning his head back to the screen and reading through the process as well. His head nods every now and again, as if he understood everything written there.

Junsu chuckles. “If you want. The more the merrier, right?” Junsu smiles then adds, “But we need these ingredients first.” He hovers the cursor around the list of ingredients while saying so. “And we’ll have to check if we have these kitchenware…”

“No problem. Maybe we could ask our eomma?” Yoochun smiles. “The supermarket nearby should have all the ingredients.”

“That’s what I thought too.”

-----

Junsu steps into their home, about three bags of groceries in one hand, a box full of kitchenware in the other and the apartment keys to his mouth. He pushes the front door closed with his foot then steps out of his shoes, quickly padding into the kitchen to dump all the extra weight to the gloss wooden floor. Carefully, the boy places the things on the floor then places his keys on the kitchen counter for the time being, fishing out his phone from his pocket then tapping to it to send his boyfriend a text.

To Chunnie~:
I’m home with the groceries and kitchenware eomma offered to let us borrow. What time will you be home? ^^

Pressing the send button, Junsu pockets the phone then starts to take out everything he has bought, placing the needed ingredients for his dish on the kitchen counter and keeping away everything extra he bought into the pantry and cupboards in the kitchen.

Junsu’s phone vibrates in his pocket and makes a noise, signalling he has a new message. He picks it up from his pocket and opens the message.

From Chunnie~:
Ah, you’re home? I just finished class! I’ll quickly head over so we can have fun together ^o^ You can start, if you want. The things weren’t heavy, were they? I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help you :(

Junsu smiles at the cute text, feeling butterflies all over. Yoochun can just be so caring and sweet that it just melts him and his heart every time. He quickly sends a reply so he could start washing the kitchenware.

To Chunnie~:
Aniyo~ I managed to get home safely with all the added weight ^^ Thank you for caring about me, Chunnie… Come home safely ^^ Saranghae~~

Junsu kisses his screen in hopes of the kiss to be sent to his lover along with his text, if that is ever possible. He pockets his phone again then opens the box of kitchen tools, picking up a few and heading over to the sink to wash them clean.

A little while later, he hears a soft shuffling at the front door and a soft close of a door.

Yoochun is home!

“I’m home!” Yoochun’s husky voice exclaims, his feet padding down the hallway and to the kitchen with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

“Hey! Welcome home, Chunnie!” Junsu responds with a smile, turning off the tap and drying his hands clean. “I just finished washing the kitchen tools eomma let us use. How was class?”

“Oh, not that bad today.” Yoochun smiles, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy’s waist and pulling him close. “I missed you.” He adds and plants a soft peck on Junsu’s lips, sending more butterflies to the boy’s butterfly-filled tummy.

Junsu smiles back and chuckles, mumbling, “I missed you, too.” He squirms off Yoochun’s grasp and retrieves his laptop from the coffee table, booting it on and sitting by the kitchen counter. Yoochun follows the boy, looking over his shoulder while wrapping his arms around the boy’s waist again from behind. Quickly, Junsu finds the recipe and looks to the ingredients already placed at the corner of the kitchen counter, checking to see if he has everything.

“Let’s start?” Yoochun asks, watching his little boyfriend looking to and fro from his laptop then to the kitchen counter and vice versa while chuckling at the cute sight. “I think you have everything.”

“Neh…” Junsu chuckles softly then nods, getting off the high stool.

Together, Yoochun and Junsu start working on their homemade project, having a few laughs and jokes here and there, some moments of careful measuring of ingredients, whipping, stirring and baking. As they were done and the only thing left is to wait for the dish to bake in the oven, the lovebirds sit at the couch and snuggle to each other, enjoying each other’s presence.

“I can smell it already… Smells so good.” Yoochun mutters while half his face is buried in Junsu’s soft short hair. Junsu chuckles and pats Yoochun’s strong arms around him, nodding a little.

“Me too. But it’s the taste that counts.” Junsu grins. Yoochun softly chuckles to Junsu’s ear, sending little tingles down Junsu’s spine. He likes it.

“You know what tastes great?” Yoochun asks and the other rolls his eyes. He knows this one. It’s another one of Yoochun’s ridiculous pick-up lines but sometimes, it lightens up his day.

“What?” Junsu gives in, already knowing the answer but he complies anyway for his lover’s sake.

“Kim Junsu’s lips.”

 

~~~~~

Did you guise miss me? ; u ; Sorry for updating this so slow ;A;
But at least I'm updating this, right??? ; u ;
Ohoho, I think the next one will be short OTL But oh well ^^"

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter~! Please anticipate more~! And read my other stories too! 8D

Thank chu~!

Sincerely,
-the-badguy-or-hero-♥