Gingerbread

Gingerbread

 

Sungjong threw himself onto the couch in the living room with a groan.

"Why are you being like this?" Sungyeol asked, sitting on the younger boy's legs, "You already got the girl of your dreams."

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Myungsoo asked from the doorway.

"Okay, first of all, I haven't officially got 'the girl of my dreams'," Sungjong lifted his hands and made air quotes with his fingers, "She only agreed to go on a date with me."

"That's pretty much the same thing," Sungyeol shook his head and threw his arms over the back of the couch.

"No, it's not," Sungjong rolled his eyes and threw Sungyeol off of him and onto the dorm's wooden floor.

"Harsh," the tall boy sneered and leaned against the couch.

"I just don't know what to do for our date," Sungjong sighed as Myungsoo sat next to him on the couch. He looked towards the visual for help, "Do I take her to some fancy restaurant? Or do we do something more causal?"

"Well I don't know if you're asking the right person, Sungjong-ah. But whatever you, I'm sure she's going to love it," Myungsoo gave him a reassuring smile and a quick pat on the back.

---

"Are you sure it's okay for me to be here?" you asked as you glanced around the idol group's dorm. You could feel the cool tile through your socks as you stepping out of the hallway and into the living room area.

"Yeah, it's fine," Sungjong smiled, "Most of the members aren't here anyways."

"Where are they?" you asked as he took your thick winter coat and purse from you and placed it on the couch's armrest.

"Schedules. Only Woohyun and Sungyeol are still here but they'll probably just stay in their rooms," Sungjong glanced at the doors that branched off from the living room, "Or at least I hope they do."

You laughed and shook you head as you the two of you sat down on the couch.

"So why did you decide on a stay in date?"

"I thought it would be a little more comfortable. And I didn't really think you'd want to sneak around if we went out for our date," he said with a nod.

"Good thinking," you smiled, "I wouldn't want to be attacked by fans on my first date."

"First date?" he asked.

You nodded with a slight pout on your lips, "Yeah, this is kind of the first date I've ever been on. I've never had a boyfriend before," you confessed.

"Oh, me neither," you let out a small giggle and Sungjong's eyes widened when he realized how that sounded.

"No! That's not what I meant!" he exclaimed, waving his hands in front of his face, "I meant I've never had a girlfriend before," he bit his lip as his face flushed in embarrassment.

"Don't worry," you smiled, "I knew what you meant."

As you laughter died down, Sungjong cleaned his throat and stood up from the couch.

"Wait here. I'll be right back."

You nodded your head and watched him disappear into the kitchen. You looked down at your feet and lightly tapped them against the tile as you waited for him to return.

Sungjong quickly returned, pushing a table into the center of the living room.

You stood up from the couch and examined the different items on the table. There was an assortment of candies along with two bags of white frosting and a stack of brown cookies cut into different geometric shapes.

"Are we making a gingerbread house?" you asked as you sat down next to Sungjong.

He nodded his head, "You said that you like to build and decorate stuff and that you liked candy so I thought this would be perfect."

"Seems like fun!" you smiled as you reached for one wall of the gingerbread house.

"Okay then!" Sungjong let out a sigh in relief and grabbed a bag of frosting, "Lead the way!"

---

"Careful, Sungjong, careful," you warned as you looked over his shoulder.

"I know, I know. I got it," he said and scrunched his eyebrows together in concentration.

You held your breath as Sungjong pushed the last pink sugar ball into the frosting, completing a perfectly circular wreath that was made above the door.

You both sighed and leaned away from the gingerbread house. You didn't know about Sungjong, but you were pretty proud of the work the two of you did.

The decorations weren't too extravagant, but the details on the house were pretty impressive, if you did say so yourself.

After about an hour and a half of work, the two of you leaned against the couch, hands covered in frosting and candy scattered across the table and floor.

Sungjong glanced over at you and you gave him a smile.

"Oh," Sungjong mumbled, "You have some frosting on your cheek."

"I do?" you asked and flew you hand up to your face, forgetting that it was covered in frosting as well.

"Hold on, I got it," he laughed, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

He came back with a wet paper towel in his new washed hands.

"Here, look at me," he said after sitting down next to you.

You could feel your face start to heat up when he cupped your cheek with one hand and gently wipe the dried sugar off of your face.

He lowered the paper towel and locked his eyes with yours as he continued to cup your cheek.

"Got it," he whispered.

"Thanks," you whispered back.

You stopped breathing when he slowly started to lean his face towards yours. You squeezed your eyes shut when his lips were mere centimeters away from yours.

"Ahem."

The two of you sprung away from each other and looked up to see Woohyun and Sungyeol standing in the doorway.

Your face turned an even deep shade of red when you saw Woohyun's cheeky smile and Sungyeol trying to hold back his laughter.

"Oh, hyungs," Sungjong coughed.

"Hey, you two," Woohyun smiled, "Nice gingerbread house."

"Thanks," the two of you mumbled, not making eye contact with either of the boys.

"When can we eat it?" Sungyeol asked, his face pink from trying to contain his laughter.

"When everyone gets back," Sungjong told them as he sat up straight and tried to pretend like nothing happened.

"Okay then. We'll see you two later," Woohyun chuckled and the two boys disappeared into their rooms.

"Oh, Sungjong-ah," Sungyeol stuck his head back into the living room.

"Yes, hyung?" he asked, sitting up straight.

"You got her," he winked with a snicker and disappeared into his room.

"Got her?" you asked, turning towards the boy next to you.

"It's nothing," Sungjong fake laughed, "He's just crazy."

You gave him a suspicious look but ended up shrugging your shoulder and turning your attention back to the gingerbread house.

Sungjong heaved a silent sigh and glared at Sungyeol's bedroom door, reminding himself to kill the choding later.