Unspoken words

Unspoken words

The two policemen gave each other a glance, they were thinking the same.
"Can we enter?" The eldest asked to the woman standing in front of him.
Just then her father came to the door and narrowed his eyes when he saw the uniforms they were wearing. He almost slapped Victoria but didn't, not in front of the police.
"There is nothing for you to see, now get out of my view." He said annoyed slamming the door, as soon as he did he grabbed Victoria by her hair and dragged her upstairs.
She knew the policemen were just behind the door so she yelled for help.
Hearing her cry of despair, they began to ring again but no one came. A minute later the two decided to enter nevertheless using their strength.
"At three we enter" One said to the other ready to break the door.
The other nodded understanding they have to intervene quickly.
"One, two, three." They broke the door and entered searching everywhere. They heard some noises upstairs. Beforehand the eldest mentioned their situation to the police station to be careful.
They went upstairs carefully and some noises were coming from the room in their right. They did like before, as they entered they saw again the young woman lying on the floor, possibly she has passed out while an oldest woman was crying in the corner being beaten up by Victoria's father.
As they were holding their guns they both aimed at the man. He wasn't surprised like the woman was.
"Mister, please be cooperative with us and let's stop that." Yunho, the eldest said, Changmin his mate was calling an ambulance. The man just laughed and sat on the floor, his hands ready to be handcuffed.
Changmin did it carefully while Yunho went to check on the women.
"Miss are you hurt somewhere?" he gently asked, the woman let a sigh escape and sat down wiping her tears away.
"Please check my Victoria first, please." She begged him getting closer to her.
He turned back, seeing blood on the floor he did as she asked.  She was alive but she had bruises.
Victoria's mom held her in her arms.
"What happened?" Yunho asked sensing she was feeling guilty.
She kept her head down.
"That's my..." She glanced at her husband who was hearing everything. The coldness and anger in his eyes frightened her.
"Never mind" She got up and went to talk with her husband.
The ambulance came and they checked on the women, Victoria was not yet awake, as for her mother, she did not wanted to go the hospital.
Yunho and Changmin followed the ambulance to the hospital in order to hear what she had to say. On that day, Victoria has two broken ribs, some cuts on her back and bruises on her body. The doctors asked them to come few days later.
 
When Victoria opened her eyes, the first thing she felt was her ached body.
It took some time to realize where she was and why. When she got up, she recognized one of the two policemen resting his head on his arms on the side of the bed. She eyed him until he moved.
"Are you not going to wake up?"
She whispered not knowing what to do.
She just gazed at him, watching him sleep peacefully. She thought he must have a good life to sleep so soundly and so carefree.
Ten minutes passed by and he was still asleep, a nurse knocked on the door and entered waking him up. He yawned cutely, Victoria laughed at him and the nurse tried her best to not to.
When he realized where he was, he got up.
" Oh hmmm... sorry about that." He apologized to Victoria.
"I'll wait outside." He said turning to the nurse who nodded.
Since she had woken up after a few days, the doctors and nurse has to come check on her.
Yunho saw the nurse coming out after a few minutes.
"May I go in?" He asked watching Victoria from the door frame. She nodded.
"She should be able to answer your questions."
He knocked on the door when he heard says "Yes", he entered smiling awkwardly.
"I am sorry about earlier." He admitted.
"But I have some questions to ask you." He continued taking out his notepad and pencil.
She nodded waiting to hear him.
"You were the one who called the police, right?"
She looked around the room not wanting to meet his eyes.
"Yes."
"Why? You haven't given any details."
"That's because my dad was drunk and he beat my mother. I tried to stop him but he turned his anger against me" She explained without fear.
"I couldn't let him do as he pleases." Yunho nodded taking notes.
"Is it the first time it happen?"
"You should know your mother and your father both told me nothing happened and they didn't knew or understand why you have called the police." He told her carefully. Her eyes grew big hearing his words.
How could... why ?
"Wait... what ?" She asked dumbfounded.
"It can't be..." she tried to understood, her mother have always been unhappy. And now she was turning her back on her own daughter.
"I must tell you something else." Yunho told waking her up from her daydream.
She bitted her lips and sat down, fearing the worst.
"Your mother gave me all of your stuff." It took some time for her to understand.
So she was throwing her daughter to the street.
"I don't know if I should cry or laugh..." she muttered under her breath. Tears were forming into the corner of her eyes.
"Ahh" she yelled.
"That's frustrating." She griped the sheet forcefully.
"What would happen to me?" She asked wiping her tears.
Yunho has met in the past many cases of domestically violence. It also happened sometimes parents would leave their child. But for a reason he absolutely didn't knew, seeing her in this state made his heart ache.
"Usually you can have some help until you can live on your own, with a job, a house." He explained knowing the procedure is difficult and it take too much time.
She cleared up her mind.
"I should as well live in the street." She mumbled.
 As Yunho was glancing at Victoria he realized she had no other family, she had given up on school years ago and ever since, she only worked a few hours per week here and there.
It will be difficult for her.
The tomorrow morning he came again, it wasn't really for job but he wanted to see her, how she was dealing with this.
Changmin kept nagging he hated going to hospital so he stayed in the police station.
Before he went to the room, Yunho stopped by a store and bought her chocolate, an idea from Changmin. By his words, when women are in pain, chocolate is their best friend. Yunho was suspicious but still bought it.
Yunho knocked on the door, not hearing anything, he knocked again, no noise. He carefully entered and saw the bed was empty.
Just then a nurse passed by, when he asked where Victoria was she replied that she was taking a walk around.
He thanked the nurse and went searching for her. After a few minutes he saw her lying on a bench, her hands brushing the floor.
He smiled and stopped in front of her, hiding her face from the sun. When she noticed a shadow she opened her eyes and was quite surprised and also annoyed to see him again. She sighed and closed her eyes.
"Why are you here? You have more questions to ask me?" She asked as she sat down understanding he won't move.
He sat next to her and gave her a box.
She observed him curious to know what was inside. Seeing she wouldn't take it, he putted it next to her.
"I wanted to see how you were doing." He replied giving her a warm eye smile.
"A friend of mine can give you a part time job to start." He told her, she eyed him wondering why would he do such things for her.
"Why..."
"Because I want to help you." He took the box again and took out the book inside.
"I've written inside some numbers of people who may help you."
She didn't knew why he was so kind to her, why was he willing to help her so much but it touched her. She was already used to the idea of being alone.
She tried to get in touch with her mother but she won't answer.
Tears were forming in the corner of her eyes, she tried to put a brave face but she couldn't.
She took the book and held it tightly.
"Thank you..."
They stayed at this place the whole afternoon talking about everything and anything.
When Yunho accompanied her to her room, the doctor told her she could leave.
She prepared her stuff when she came out, to her surprise Yunho was waiting for her.
"Why are you still here?"  She asked a bright smile plastered on her face, delighted he hasn't left yet.
"What a stupid question" he softly hit her on her head.
"Ouch oppa!" She said jumping up and down trying to get her revenge but he was too tall. Yunho grabbed her hands blocking her from moving.
"What are you trying to do." He said as they were fighting like children.
"I may not have my revenge now but later for sure I will." Giving up, she went ahead. When they came to the reception she bitted her lips. Noticing her reaction, Yunho got closer to her.
"Don't worry about the hospital fees.” He winked at her. She was thankful to him, no one ever did so much for her. Not even her mother, but a perfect stranger.

“Wait for me here, I'll get the car."
He ran to the parking and came few moments later, she got in the car.
She looked through the window. None of them talked as the music filled the car.
"Can you stop here." She pointed at parking on the right of the road.
When he stopped a moment, she took his right hand in hers.
When he looked at her, she got closer and gave him a peck on his cheek.
Before he realized it, his hand was touching his face.
"I'll never forget you, Yunho oppa." She said with teary eyes as she got her bag and got off the car.
Yunho didn't understood why she was leaving like that.
He ran after as she was crossing the road.
"Victoria!" When he was next to her, he grabbed her arm.
"Where are you going?"  He asked worried.
"Isn't it where our roads separate?" She asked not sure of herself.
"What? No!"
"Did you really think I would let you leave just like that." He asked amused she thought that way.
"But.. I have nowhere to go." She lowered her head.
"Silly. You think I hadn't thought of that." He said taking her bag from her hands.
"Just trust me."
When they got into the car, he turned to her.
"I live with my younger sister, I have already talked to her and she is more than happy to have you live with us. She has always wanted to have an older sister even though she thinks you are rather her soon to be sister in law." He explained shyly.
"I can't ... I can't bother you so much."
She was feeling like a burden to him.
"Sister in law!" She yelled, her face became red, she turned her face away.
She took a deep breath.
"Maybe one day who knows?" He .
"She may be right, one day…"
All the way through the home, Yunho and Victoria held hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tadam, here my second YuntoriaOS. I hope you like it, as for me, it isn't exactly what I've imagined it to be but as I was writing I felt like writing it that way. Disappointing ? I know right, I'll try to do better for the next one I promise ^^