Absolutely Nothing (1/?)

Absolutely Nothing

 

Waking up with a cold hand your cheek had become common for Hyesung. Every morning he would get a soft kiss on his lips as soon as he had opened his eyes.

„Morning baby“, said Eric grinning, because he knew how much Hyesung didn't want to be called that. There was a limit of how cheesy one could get.
„Mhmm.“

As usual Eric had already prepared breakfast for the two of them, just how Hyesung liked it, western styled.

The two of them had been going out for about six months now and in that short time span Hyesung had gotten to know Eric from so many different kind of angles.

He was actually good at preparing breakfast. Who would have thought?

It was funny how few he had really known about him despite the two of them having been members for more than 10 years.

For example, Hyesung had not known about Eric's habit of sometimes just closing his eyes and leaving his head hanging when he was tired and thinking about nothing special. He would always swing his head, leaving his bangs swinging a bit, softly brushing against his eyebrows. Hyesung had asked Eric about it and Eric hadn't even known himself that he was actually doing it from time to time. Another thing Eric liked to do was leave the bathroom door open when showering and turning on the TV, turning up the volume to listen to it.
In the same way Eric had discovered Hyesung's habit of imitating everything he found funny. He should have noticed before, since he always did it in Shinhwa Bangso, but no, he only did after spending six months with him, kinda living together, always commuting between their apartments.

The two of them sat down at the kitchen table and Eric smeared some strawberry marmalade on a piece of toast and gave it to Hyesung who thanked his boyfriend and immediately started eating.

„Do you have a schedule today?“, Eric asked after pouring himself a cup of coffee.
„Just some interview for a magazine. A special about senior boygroups. But shouldn't you know that? You're our president after all.“ Eric liked being called president so he smiled but shook his head at the same time.
„I have to handle all of our activities, I can't really remember all of them, can I?“
„Right.“ Hyesung took a huge bite of his toast but didn't leave his eyes from Eric, who was now making himself a toast as well. „What about you?“
„Just a bunch of paperwork. Minwoo just won't help me with it... and I even have more schedules than him.“
„What do you expect? Minwoo is a lazy .“
„Yea, I know.“ The two of them chuckled a bit and then looked again at each other, both feeling the urge to lean over and kiss the other even though both of their mouths were smeared with marmalade.

In the end Hyesung tried to keep cool and just looked back at his toast. Eric did all the work and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

„You really won't ever stop that, am I right?“, Eric said and smiled to himself. „Well, but I also like that part about you.“
„What part?“
„You trying to act cold when you really love me so much.“
„Shut up...“
„Come on, tell me you love me, Hyesungie~“, Eric teased and was enjoying it pretty much.
„I tell you all the time.“
„Yes, but only in bed.“
„Well, I'm sorry if that isn't enough.“
„No it is“, Eric smiled and took another bite of his toast, continuing speaking with a full mouth. „At least you don't have to pretend to get drunk again to tell me your feelings.“
„I wasn't pretending“, Hyesung kind of lied but gave in to Eric's provoking look. „Not all the time.“
„I love you, Hyesung.“

Eric smiled and looked at his boyfriend for a while, smiling even harder when Hyesung didn't answer and just shyly looked at his bread again and ended the conversation with another one of his so famous ´Mhm`s.


That's how most of their days looked like. The two of them waking up next to each other, having breakfast together, working, sometimes together, sometimes apart and at the end of the day go to sleep together. And both of them were pretty much okay with it. No, they loved it. They were happy. It had taken the two of them a while to naturally adjust to their new relationship, with the part involved, without having to think about their camera-accident that happened the first time they did it, but they had done it and they were happy.

Just when they were reminded of that one episode, everything turned kinda strange.

They saw the director of the show a lot, since they had a lot of filming to do for Shinhwa Bangso, especially now that it was airing at top times, but it didn't matter how often they saw him, the weirdness just wouldn't disappear. In fact it would get weirder from day to day, since the two of them knew for sure that he had seen the tape but he had never uttered a word about it, apparently not only to them but also to anyone else. Or maybe he had but then the ones who knew were great actors.

They were in the middle of discussing their next episode when Eric suddenly catched the director staring at his arm.

His and Hyesung's fingers were entangled under the table, thinking nobody would notice but apparently it was easier to see, if you actually knew what was going on.

Eric and the director exchanged glances for a second, while Minwoo was talking about how he absolutely had to stand in the center for that one certain performance. To Eric's wonder the director just smiled softly and looked on his papers again. Hyesung who hadn't noticed any of it just kept on playing with Eric's hand under the table and smiled to himself.


„Director-nim?“, Eric ran after him through the hallway at the studio. The director stopped and turned to look at him.
„Yes?“
„Director-nim, it's about...“
„What about it?“, he answered, of course getting what Eric was going to talk about. „I won't tell anyone, don't worry.“
„That's not i-“
„I deleted the scenes. I won't ever use them against you.“
„Of course you won't, but that's not what this is about“, Eric explained and couldn't really look the 10 years older guy in the eyes.
„Then what is it?“, he asked.
„Just... thank you for not making a big deal out of it. Really, thanks. The past few months it had really been uncomfortable being around you because I didn't know how to act and what to say, but... I see that you don't have a problem with it. I'm just sorry that you had to see something like that...“
„I understand, don't worry, my brother is just like the two of you.“ The director explained. „Well, it was kind of a shock honestly and at first I didn't really know what to do either, but it's non of my business anyway. I am just glad that the two of you are staying professional and nothing of it is affecting our work relationship.“
„Thanks to you“, Eric said smiling and it was like a load had just fallen of his shoulders.

For a short awkward moment the two of them just looked at each other, Eric smiling happily and the director seeming as busy as always, waiting for their conversation to end, when Eric made a step towards him and whispered „Did you really delete them?“
„Yes, I really did.“
„Really? You don't have a copy you could send me?“
„...I'm sorry, I don't You should have told me sooner, then I could have sent it to you, but...“, the director was a bit irritated all of a sudden, not having expected such a turn of the conversation but smiled again when he saw Eric realizing what he had just asked and blushed
„O-Okay, thanks...“
„I'm sorry, it must be such a shame for you.“
„Well yea, honestly it is. I won't ever get him to film it again.“
„Well... good luck then“, the director said smiling and turned around.
„And thanks again“, Eric shouted after him.


It was really rare to meet someone who was as open-minded as the director and Eric couldn't help thinking that he had found himself another good friend, a person he could trust and when he told Hyesung - leaving out the part of him trying to get the tape of course - he didn't get why he wasn't in a good mood as well.

„Isn't this good news? We don't have to feel uncomfortable around him anymore.“
„Mhm“, Hyesung just answered and took of his pants, taking a step in the shower and without another word turning on the hot water.
„Isn't everything alright now? We don't have to worry about anything anymore, thanks to the director.“
„Mhm“, he answered again, still listening but already closing his eyes and pouring shampoo on his head while Eric watched him though the glass wall.
„You don't really seem happy about it.“
„I don't?“, Hyesung asked with a cold expression and turned to him while lathering his hair.
„No is... is something wrong?“

Sometimes Hyesung would just act like that all of a sudden. It happened about once a week, him having such a bad mood from one moment to another and Eric still hadn't figured out why.

„Nothing's wrong.“ That's what he would always say and then act cold towards Eric for the rest of the day, at least having forgotten about it the next.

For a moment Eric just thought of leaving Hyesung to shower on his own, because that strange moody part of Hyesung had already started to piss him off, but then he decided to find out what this was really about and started taking of his clothes.

„What are you doing?“, Hyesung asked looking at him.
„Joining you.“
„I'm not in the mood.“
„I'll just take a shower with you, so chill“, Eric stepped in, next to Hyesung who immediately turned his back to Eric so he wouldn't touch him, but Eric didn't even try and just grasped the bottle of shampoo.

Hyesung just stood there not really looking at Eric and not doing anything else either while Eric was washing his hair and his face at the same time.

„Done?“, Hyesung asked impatiently.
„No.“
„Why? You just washed your hair so you can leav-“
„What exactly is your problem all of a sudden? Just now you were kissing me, gripping my hand and telling me to follow you into the shower and now this... did I say something wrong?“

Hyesung didn't answer but slowly turned to face his boyfriend who wasn't really angry but talking in a loud voice anyway, kind of flustering Hyesung.

„I'm not mad... you can just tell what's going on. Did I say something to upset you?“, Eric then asked in a normal voice, feeling kind of sorry for having been loud a second ago.
„It's nothing.“
„You keep on saying that but why won't you even look me in the eyes?“
„It's no-“
„Don't Hyesung, tell me already! Sometimes I really don't get you.“ Eric grasped his hand, Hyesung didn't flinch and just let Eric do what he wanted. „I'm trying to be understanding here.“

His hand got laid on Eric's chest, the place where is heart is, and he stepped a bit closer to his boyfriend.

„I really want to understand you.“

The hot water kept pouring on the both of them for a minute of silence and Hyesung tried to look anywhere else but Eric's eyes, when he suddenly turned red.

„What is it?“
„It's just... I...“ Hyesung didn't seem angry anymore. More like... embarrassed. „I just don't like you talking like that about other guys. I know you love me and it's stupid but I still feel angry when you do.“

Finally Hyesung looked at Eric again but he didn't really now what to say.

Hyesung was right. This was totally stupid, but... he was being so cute!

„Really? That's it?“
„Yes...“

Eric smiled and hugged his boy all of a sudden, being hugged back tightly.

„Don't be jealous. You know I love you.“
„Yes, I know... I'm just like that. Somehow now that you're mine I'm becoming like that...“, Hyesung explained and Eric felt his lashes brushing against his cheek. „so stupid and scared when there is someone involved who could steal your heart away from me.“
„Do you seriously think the director could steal my heart? You're insane!“, Eric couldn't help laughing at the thought.
„I told you, I know it's stupid!“, Hyesung defended himself. „But I can't do anything about it.“
„And you talk about other guys like that all the time. You always tell me how great Junjin is, and I don't get jealous at all.“
„Yes you don't, because you don't have any reason to. I'm not into guys after all.“
„So I should get worried when it's about girls?“
„No, I don't want any girl.“
„I know. It's the same for me. No girl, no guy, just you.“
„I know.“
„Great.“
„Great...“, Hyesung imitated and looked at Eric again. „But seriously don't talk about other guys when you're with me... especially not when I'm trying to have with you.“
„I won't“, Eric laughed and kissed Hyesung before stepping out of the shower when he heard the telephone ringing. „Now get yourself cleaned and then join me on the sofa while I pick up the phone.“
„You know that this is my home, right?“, Hyesung asked knowing that Eric probably didn't hear him anyway.

Eric ran through the room, picking up the phone the second before Junjin was about to hang up.

„Jinnie“, Eric said in a good mood. It could have only been him because he was the only one to actually call Hyeung's house phone number, because everyone knew that he wouldn't ever pick it up. That meant that Junjin was also wanting to talk to Eric and not to Hyesung, probably because he knew that they always were at each others place.
„We have a problem.“ Junjin answered in a rare serious tone.
„Do we?“
„Minwoo and Dongwan found out about your little love relationship with Hyesung.“

Well, this was sudden but Eric didn't really know if that really was a problem. He hadn't told them because there was a possibility that they wouldn't understand or wouldn't even want to know, but he hadn't really thought that. He would have told them already if Hyesung had been okay with it, but he has been the one not wanting to tell anyone.

„How?“
„Well...I kind of told them... I'm sorry. They just happened to overhear one of my discussions with Andy.“

It hadn't been long after the two of them had gotten together that Andy had talked to Eric about his relationship with Hyesung, taking it for the most normal thing ever and not having anything against it at all.

„How did they react?“
„What do you think?“, Junjin asked.
„Well, they probably laughed?“, Eric suspected.
„Exactly.“
„How is that a problem then?“, Eric asked confused not really caring anymore.

After all now Hyesung and Eric didn't have to pretend in front of them anymore. Hyesung would take it harder than Eric, being embarrassed for liking a guy and such, but in the end he would get used to it anyway.

„Well... do you know where we are at the moment?“, Junjin suddenly changed the subject but seemed to be getting it all together.
„At the set of Strong Heart?“
„Yes, just finished.“
„And?“
„Well, Minwoo just told everyone about it... well, of course he didn't really tell them but you know how we have to tell interesting stories on Strong Heart and Minwoo was planning to tell the story about why he moved in with his parents again, but in the end he changed his story to ´my members strange love relationship´ and he told everyone about how the two of you always pretend to not like each other but probably have something going. He even mentioned the Shinhwa Bangso episode in which the two of you made out drunk and well... about you kind of living together and secretly holding hands under the table...“, Junjin made a pause and Eric didn't really know what to say because he couldn't just yet grasp the situation. „Maybe this is not a problem since the audience will probably take it for a joke anyway, but... I thought I should tell you before it airs so you won't wonder about the sudden storm of RicSyung rumours all of a sudden.“
„Yea... well... A lot of rumours again, that's probably how it's going to be. Nothing to worry about“, Eric decided and was still very calm. „But Hyesung probably won't think so.“
„That's why I called you so you can tell him yourself and... well...“
„Yes, thanks Junjin. You can smack Minwoo hard from me, other than that just tell them to shut their mouths.“
„Already did that but I might just smack him again. Well, see you tomorrow then.“
„Right.“

The two of them hung up but Eric stood still for a moment thinking about how RicSyung was such a huge subject at the moment anyway.

Of course their scenes hadn't aired in that episode about Shinhwa's drunken state, but the scenes with the two of them cuddling on the sofa, Hyesung calling him hyung and kissing him on the cheek had been revealed and since then the fans have been going crazy. Minwoo's little story would probably just add oil to the fire.

But as long as everything stayed just rumours, Eric wouldn't really worry. Hyesung would worry enough for the two of them together anyway.

„Don't catch a cold“, Hyesung said, all of a sudden hugging Eric from behind and tieing a towel around his boyfriends still hips and rubbing his hair with another one. „It's winter Eric and it's supposed to snow tonight, Don't walk around .“
„Yes, umma“, Eric answered and turned around to lay his hands on his boy's hips and kiss him on the lips softly.

„Was it Junjin on the phone?“. Hyesung asked.
„Hmm... there is something we need to talk about.“
„Is it?“
„Yes... let me make some cocoa first.“ Eric was about to leave for the kitchen and think how exactly he was going to tell Hyesung without making him flip, but his lover took his hand and stopped him.
„I make the cocoa and you put on some cloths.“ This time it was Hyesung kissing him on the lips when Eric couldn't help smiling and approving.