Music Brought Me To You

Music Brought Me To You

(Your POV)

Ah high school~ the prime years of our youth! I smiled while I go on my way to school. Although it has already been months when the school year started and I don’t have boyfriend yet, I still don’t lose hope! After all, no guy likes a moody girl right? I smiled more to the possibility of meeting my future boyfriend today~

But it was soon repressed when I saw Chen, the resident troll. Somehow he always had eyes on me during club practices. Oh no, not in that kind of sense, but he somehow annoys me although I know he’s only kidding around.

“Hey _____!” He greeted while holding his right hand up, signalling he wanted to have a high five. I held up my right hand as well but as our palms were about to touch, he quickly retracted his, making me looking and feeling like an idiot.

He laughed and added, “I can’t believe you fell for it again.” He continued to laugh while I stood there patiently, not giving him any hint of my annoyance.

“Anyway, see you later at club practice!” He said while finally moving along his way.

“Good thing we’re not in the same class, or else I’ll really go crazy.” I mumbled while making my way to my own class, just in time before the bell rang.

 

 

|Lunch|

Alright it’s lunch time! My favourite part of the day, aside from club practices of course! I absolutely love singing; it’s my life! I’ve been singing for as long as I can remember. But eating is also my favourite hobby. But don’t tell anyone about it, arasso? I don’t like my future boyfriend thinking that I’m a shikshin (although it’s partly true), it might scare him off!

I get my packed lunch and went to the rooftop. I usually eat lunch by myself there since I also get to practice my singing!

Today, I decided to listen to my favourite song, “What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover” by G.NA and Rain without the earphones, so it’s playing loudly while I’m eating. I’ve been eating here since I started high school so I knew no one else is going here during lunch time except me. Anyway, it describes my high school wishes perfectly! Ah, I wish he’ll come soon~

Once I finished eating, I sang along…

“There are so many things I’ve wanted to do once I had a boyfriend, I’ve always dreamed
First, kissing on the street, second, you see, is a train to ChoonChun at dawn
Third, going on a picnic, fourth, getting a piggyback ride, fifth, couple rings are standard
boo boo boo it would be really sweet”…

Little did I know that someone was listening to the song as well as my singing.

 

(Chen’s POV)

This might sound stalker-ish but ever since the day I met _____ during a club practice, she has taken my interest. We’re not in the same class so I don’t see her often. Our only mutual bond would be music and singing, but even so, she didn’t even notice me, not until I joked around or trolled her. Ever since, she’s aware of my presence.

But not all the time though. I know she’s eating her lunch by herself at the rooftop. Don’t ask me why, but I think you know the answer to that already.  I knew of her routine already, she eats, she practices her singing, she get up just in time for class. But something’s new today, aside from singing, she listens to a duet by G.NA and Rain. The lyrics she sang caught me off guard.

“There are so many things I’ve wanted to do once I had a boyfriend, I’ve always dreamed
First, kissing on the street, second, you see, is a train to ChoonChun at dawn
Third, going on a picnic, fourth, getting a piggyback ride, fifth, couple rings are standard
boo boo boo it would be really sweet”…

So, all this time she’s been hoping for a boyfriend eh? I smiled to myself of the knowledge I learned. I quickly went on my way before she could catch me.

 

 

|Club Practice|

(Your POV)

“Alright, good. Today’s practice is very good. But before I dismiss you guys, I need to make an announcement.” Songsaengnim said.

“Our choir has been invited to sing as an intermission for the Valentine’s Day program next week. But since our choir has only been singing classical songs, that of Bach’s and Handel’s, I think it would be better to have a duet than have the whole choir sing, right?” she continued. I suddenly feel nervous, I don’t know why.

“Yeah, songsaengnim, I agree. Since the event is next week already, we would have a hard time rehearsing and learning a new song. Our practice is only every other day, we wouldn’t make it as a choir.” Another student said.

“I know, that’s why I suggested the duet.  As the event is in celebration of Valentine’s Day, I would also suggest a duet of a girl and a boy….” Songsaengnim trailed of. “Chen, since you’re the lead in the tenor voice, you’re gonna be in the duet.” I squinted my eyes at Chen; he looks confident.

“Alright songsaengnim, no problem. But may I suggest who I sing with?” Chen asked. Songsaengnim nodded her head.

“I suggest _____.” My jaw dropped as I heard him. Is he trolling me again? I asked myself as I waited for him to say he’s kidding me and everybody in the room. Everybody is also giving him stares as if he lost his head or something.

“Think about it songsaengnim. Although her vocal range is only the alto, at least she is the lead of the alto voice so we know her voice is stable.” Chen explained. I blushed a little at the compliment but I retorted, “What about Hyori? She’s the lead soprano so your voices suited each other more.”

“Hyori may be the lead soprano but she has a contest next week after the Valentine’s Day so she cannot stress her voice too much.” Songsaengnim said, seeing as she already bought Chen’s explanation. I looked at Chen and saw him smirking to himself. I can’t believe this guy, really!

“Since it’s been decided that the two of you will be the duet, the other members may now go. The two of you stay.” Songsaengnim added. I sat across songsaengnim while waiting for the other members to leave the room. Chen sat beside me with a big grin. I ignored him.

“Alright, the two of you, this is for next week already. You have less than seven days to rehearse so in this urgent matter, I am allowing you to make use of the other club room to practice and to be excused of the usual club rehearsals. Just make sure that when I make a surprise inspection, you two are really practicing, alright?” we nodded in agreement.

“Good! Now I leave you guys to think of a song for you to sing. Remember that this is to celebrate Valentine’s Day.” Songsaengnim said and then left us to our own. An awkward silence surrounded us before Chen chuckled to himself. I raised an eyebrow at him but he just smiled to himself.

“Well, this is just too good. We’re excused to the usual club rehearsals! You must thank me for this _____.” He said in a jokingly tone.

“Oh yeah? But I like the usual rehearsals. Anyway, we have to think of a song to sing. Any ideas?” I asked him. Actually, I really want to suggest my favourite song but he might catch on to what I’ve been wishing…

“How about “What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover” by G.NA and Rain?” Chen suddenly asked out of nowhere. The sudden question startled me. I don’t know how to react to that. If I answer abruptly he might know my secret, but if I took long, he might suggest another and I might not be able to sing my favourite song on stage. Eottoke? Wait, I’m already taking long right?

“I… think it’s a good idea, I mean song. So yes, we go for it.” I said as Chen smirked. Then I asked him, “How did you know of that song anyway? Not many people know it, you know.”

“Ah I guess I’m one of those “not many”. :P” He stated. Aish this guy.

“Okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow for rehearsal. Do not be late!” I said, emphasizing on the last sentence.

“Aye, roger that mam!” Chen jokingly retorted.

 

 

 

 

|Fast forward to February 13|

As days passed by rehearsing with Chen, I found myself thinking about him more and more. Who could think that the resident troll could have a serious side when rehearsing? And hearing his voice, I think I’ve fallen in love with it. Ssshh! Don’t tell Chen about it.

Today’s the last rehearsal before the Valentine’s Day event. Probably songsaengnim will drop by to listen to us later, she has only inspected on us once before. Chen entered the room after taking a short break.

“Shall we start from the top again? Maybe this time we could polish our act for the stage” He asked and I nodded. I realize I like this side of Chen, actually, I like Chen when he’s not trolling everyone, or more specifically, me.

Our acting starts with us away from each other. The music started, and I sang my lines; the very lines that I sang when I was on the rooftop. As the girl who really wishes to have a boyfriend, I poured my emotions while singing this part of the song. Then come the chorus.

“Why does my heart beat thump thump simply at the thought
I’m going to do each of things daily daily daily with you
My day is enjoyable because I have you, now that the two of us are together
My precious you, baby baby baby baby boo~”

Realizing the meaning of the chorus, I could literally hear my heart thump loudly. I have been doing this rehearsal with him daily in the past days. Not to mention my earlier realization – that I like Chen.

Now is Chen’s turn to sing. He walked towards me as he sang his lines.

“There are so many things I’ve also wanted to do once I had a girlfriend, I’ve always been envious
Sixth, late night movie, seventh, amusement park too, eighth, surprise event too
boo boo boo, I would be really happy

Why does my heart beat thump thump simply at the thought
I’m going to do each of things daily daily daily with you
My day is enjoyable because I have you, now that the two of us are together
My precious you, baby baby baby baby boo~

My once lonely birthdays, boring weekends
I now await labelled days”

It’s now the of the song, our real duet. I feel nervous as we sing,

“I like that it’s the two of us, I like that we’re together
Wherever I am, whatever I’m doing with you

The one thing I’ve wanted to do most most most out of those things

I looked at him and he did as well.  The gap between us lessened. It looked like we are a couple.

“I love you,” saying those words those words those words just once
“I love you,” hearing those words those words those words just once
Thank you so much for coming to me, you being by my side
My love, baby baby baby baby boo~
baby baby baby baby boo~

Thinking that the act is just for the show tomorrow, it kinda hurt. But before either of us could say anything, we heard an applaud. It was songsaengnim.

“Very nice ____ and Chen! It would sure be well applauded tomorrow! You two have great chemistry, not to mention your voices suit each other well. Now you two better get some rest, arasso? Songsaengnim said while smiling.

“Ne songsaengnim. I’ll go first.” I said then bowed to the two of them. I really must get my rest now. My feelings for Chen must not get in the way tomorrow. Omo my voice might crack in the middle of singing, andwae~ I shook my head and headed home to rest.

 

 

|Valentine’s Day|

(Chen’s POV)

Today’s the day of the program. Although we are just singing for an intermission number, I could see _____ is very nervous. Hyori is with us at the back stage to support us. She hugged _____ tightly, then I thought of a way to somewhat lighten her mood. After they hugged, I saw Chanyeol from afar, and then I opened my arms, looking like I also wanted a hug. We jogged towards each other with arms wide open but as he was about to be able to hug me, I ducked and passed underneath him. It certainly lightened her mood as I heard a laugh from her and Hyori as well.

“Yah! What was that for? I thought you also want a hug.” Chanyeol asked

“Nah, you know how I roll. Thanks for the laugh anyway.” I chuckled.

“Now to serenade us all please welcome _____ and Kim Jongdae.” The host introduced us. I looked at _____ and took her hand, leading the way to the stage. We got in our respective positions and started singing the song.

As soon as she was singing, I could tell the nervousness went away from her. I could feel her emotions in singing. That’s what I like about her. I smiled to myself. When I sang my lines, I also put all my emotions for her. Our duet was like an indirect confession. When the song ended, we were well received. Claps, howls and the like were heard all over the place.

We went backstage and our club members applauded at us. Before she could get away from me, I held her hand, and said,

“_____! Could we talk for a while?”

I saw her look at Hyori and Hyori nodded, as if understanding what I wanted to imply.

“Alright guys, let’s go first. Let’s wait for them outside.” Hyori said. I thanked her in my mind. The other members went away and it’s just me and _____.

“Well,” I started, “ congrats to our performance.” I said with a grin.

“Oh.” She looks crestfallen, “Yeah, congrats to us.” There was an awkward silence between us for a while. I wonder why I’m this quiet, I am not like this!

“Ah _____?”

“Yeah?”

“Over the time that we were duet partners, I really got to know you more. I… the reason why I started trolling you was because ever since the first day I saw you at the club practice, I immediately knew I like you. You didn’t even notice me, but when I started doing that to you, you got to know me. Thanks to this experience, I am able to realize that I like being with you, “Everything feels so right when I’m with you.” Would you be my girlfriend?”

She looked like she doubts me.

“No, I’m not trolling this time. I’m telling the truth!” I said in defence.

“Silly Chen! I already knew you’re not trolling this time! You’re always trolling me so I know the difference when you’re serious or not already.” She said as she smiled

“To be honest, I also fell in love with you Chen. When we were rehearsing, I saw your serious side, which I like the most. Especially when you sing.” She blushed. “So yes, I would love to be your girlfriend, Chen!”

“Jinjja?” she nodded and I hugged her tight.

“I love you, _____.”

“I love you too, Chen.”

“Now I feel like I’m Santa Claus.”

“Wae?”

“I just fulfilled someone’s wish of having a boyfriend in her high school years.”

_____ opened and closed like a fish.

“Kaja~ we have a long list to go now that you’re my girlfriend~ Let’s start by feeding my shikshin of a girlfriend~” I said while holding her hand and leading her to the nearby restaurant.

“Aaahhh Chen how’d you know that~~?” She asked.

I stopped my track, grinned and then kissed her. That certainly stopped her from talking. I smiled as we continued our way.

“My day is enjoyable because I have you, now that the two of us are together”

 

 

 


And done~ How was it? You can tell me how you feel about this at the comments below~

Thank you for reading my first fanfic!  ^;・:\(o^▽^o)/:・;^・

Ah, and here's the link to the song~

Listen to it while reading~

 

Please leave a comment, arasso~?

♡(ლ^.^)ლ~뿌잉뿌잉 ♡